Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

If the fates clones are actually servants hijacking the characters, does that mean it all takes place in the same universe or something
I mean f/go is in the same universe as the other fate stuff but it's an alt. timeline/dimension

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

I guess I'm ready for Angra

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Nate RFB posted:

Somehow I doubt it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Proooobably. I don't even know the logistics of actually spending that amount, it would be pretty impractical to dump it all during the Fate/Zero event or whatever in practice. I just recalled the supposed 900,000 average it apparently takes, but I only need to think of the instances of 1000+ quartz getting dumped on a given banner to no success to throw some cold water on that prospect. After all he's evaded our friend Baal all these years, yeah?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
ALL THE EVILS IN THE WORLD

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nyaa posted:

Now that London is releasing soon, here's some up-to-date non-spoiler factoid about the singularities so far.

- This singularity is written by Nasu, the creator of Fate/Stay Night who wrote prologue singularity before he goes back to work on Exterlla.

- Singularity 1 (Orlean), 2 (Septum), 3 (Okeanos) was delegated to other writers to write as filter for this gacha game that they figure would be a quick cash grab. (They are bad in various way except Okeanos)

- Despite the low 1/5 to 2.5 rating for a long while, players are still willing to keep playing and engages in this gacha game. Touched by the players’ respond, DW stuff and Nasu decides to get serious. DW pumped out the gradual map reveal mechanic in Okeanos, and Nasu only have enough time to rewrite a bit of London. These rewrite will eventually double and triple the length of entirety of future singularities with the fine touch of Nasu. Some singularity get a full rewrite and one even have its name changed! (Jerusalem ---> Camelot)
London was not written by Nasu. London was still part of the Sakurai/Higashide alternating pattern, making it Sakurai's work. (I am told it shows in the writing style)
This pattern only began deviating with America, which has no clear writer (as far as I can remember), because that was the first singularity to enter production after the game's release (and therefore could be written in response to player feedback).
The first singularity that was primarily Nasu was Camelot.

Also your English is kinda terrible.

SpaceDrake posted:

Funny story: the design for "Ereshkigal" was actually a beta concept for the design of Ishtar. Eventually Morii and the F/GO design crew revised the design into the one we have today, but Nasu himself adored the older design and rewrote Babylonia a bit to incorporate Ereshkigal, shifting that design over to her and resulting in Rin being the design basis for two Babylonian deities. And thus was the biggest dark horse character since Jeanne Alter born.
This doesn't sound right.

Partly because I'd never heard of it but more importantly because Eresh has clear allusions to her nature as a goddess of death in her design, which would make no sense on Isthar. It'd also make no sense to start with blonde Rin and then move over to black-haired Rin. Where did you hear that story?

Tired Moritz posted:

If the fates clones are actually servants hijacking the characters, does that mean it all takes place in the same universe or something
Yes and no.
There's degrees to alternate-world-ness.

There's alternate timelines, the usual branching time thing.
Then there's alternate bundles of timelines, which is how what differentiates Prototype from the majority of Fate works. Without some kinda Sliders type shenanigans, you can't actually get there, 'cause there's no common point in history between there and here. Prototype verse and Musashi's world are like this.

And then there's outsider stuff like Cthulhu or the Velber. The whole alternate timeline thing is local to human history, so in theory aliens from outer space also count as extradimensional.

As for what's up with hijacked characters, that's elaborated upon in the Zero event but yeah alternate timeline stuff.

Stallion Cabana posted:

nope.

Throne of Heroes, alongside Gods, I believe, exist outside of linear time and dimensional constraints. As such it's possible to summon a hero from a different, alternate reality who is also from the future, or summon various other things; Chaldea's summoning system is also part of why such things like summoning Scathath is possible, because it's operating in a different way from standard Summonings.
Scach, as far as the greater FSN/FGO/FExtra set of timelines is concerned, is not dead and will not be dead in any of the futures they can access.
Except everything went in fire, which included her home, and therefore she died. Thus she's available for summon. One can assume it's a similar deal with Seiba. Normally she'd be sleeping in Avalon, but Avalon burnt up, so she died, therefore we get HS Seiba instead of half-alive Seiba like in FSN.

The real exceptions to regular HS mechanics are a bit more spoilery.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 10, 2017

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Kyte posted:

This doesn't sound right.

Partly because I'd never heard of it but more importantly because Eresh has clear allusions to her nature as a goddess of death in her design, which would make no sense on Isthar. It'd also make no sense to start with blonde Rin and then move over to black-haired Rin. Where did you hear that story?

It's from this interview. Massive spoiler alert for anyone that hasn't finished part 1 obviously.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Huh, we're getting the fuyuki-okeanos anniversary banners early.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nyaa improved his English lately :shobon:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

taser rates posted:

It's from this interview. Massive spoiler alert for anyone that hasn't finished part 1 obviously.

Huh, I see. Interesting. I assume they did a bit of tweaking on Eresh's design before submitting the final art, though.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I am especially terrible at writing any kind of intro for some reason. :eng99:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Kyte posted:

Scach, as far as the greater FSN/FGO/FExtra set of timelines is concerned, is not dead and will not be dead in any of the futures they can access.
Except everything went in fire, which included her home, and therefore she died. Thus she's available for summon. One can assume it's a similar deal with Seiba. Normally she'd be sleeping in Avalon, but Avalon burnt up, so she died, therefore we get HS Seiba instead of half-alive Seiba like in FSN.

The real exceptions to regular HS mechanics are a bit more spoilery.

All the Divines popping in are another big, massive break from the norm, among other reasons because they are also not residents of the throne. So the various possessors/hijackers wandering around, along with our younger two Gorgons - though Medusa is a weird case herself, only summonable due to the grail getting corrupted in the 3rd war if I recall correctly - should all be completely impossible to summon as well.

Hell, certain individuals like Tamamo (and probably Altera) were only summonable in the Moon Cell because it operates under completely different, technological, rules to the normal summoning ritual in those worlds where magic's still fine. So who the gently caress knows how Chaldea's system works, given it's at least theoretically based on the Tohsaka/Einzbern/Makiri model as opposed to somehow using the Moon Cell. This might eventually be explained, it might not - I don't know.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alright here's the writeups for Void Shiki, Chaldea Boys, and the Count of Monte Cristo

You'll have to excuse the obvious favoritism for Edmond, but it's really easy to win me over with edgelords that have dumb dbz powers

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's powered by blood, sweat, and Google/apple cards.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Nyaa posted:

I am especially terrible at writing any kind of intro for some reason. :eng99:

your english is fine.

I've read natives who don't write as well as you do.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I appreciate Nyaa's english as his intention and enthusiasm comes off well

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
also Edmond is like Cleopatra to me where I can't get over their loving atrocious card art because Dangan Ronpa art should only be in Dangan Ronpa and it looks super out of place anywhere else.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Captain Baal posted:

Overall Opinion: Dude, it's just Gil again with a lovely second skill and no damage on his NP, why even bother?

:raise:
Forgive me, but are you saying "Why use this 3* when you can use the limited 5* instead"?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Lord Koth posted:

All the Divines popping in are another big, massive break from the norm, among other reasons because they are also not residents of the throne. So the various possessors/hijackers wandering around, along with our younger two Gorgons - though Medusa is a weird case herself, only summonable due to the grail getting corrupted in the 3rd war if I recall correctly - should all be completely impossible to summon as well.

Hell, certain individuals like Tamamo (and probably Altera) were only summonable in the Moon Cell because it operates under completely different, technological, rules to the normal summoning ritual in those worlds where magic's still fine. So who the gently caress knows how Chaldea's system works, given it's at least theoretically based on the Tohsaka/Einzbern/Makiri model as opposed to somehow using the Moon Cell. This might eventually be explained, it might not - I don't know.

Chaldea's system is different from the Fuyuki system's, although there are similarities. There's fewer restrictions on it so Medusa and other non-heroic sorts are totally valid summons for Chaldea.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Stallion Cabana posted:

also Edmond is like Cleopatra to me where I can't get over their loving atrocious card art because Dangan Ronpa art should only be in Dangan Ronpa and it looks super out of place anywhere else.

Funnily enough, I had this exact same thought, and then I actually used Dantes in his event and now he's my favorite FGO husband. :v: (altho Murashirou will be a very strong contender)

I really wish the Count had a gimmick of some kind though. His base damage is great, but his crit game is meh. His NP puts out a good amount of stars, but his actual Quick cards are fairly mediocre. Honestly I'm kind of surprised by his 7/10 rating, because as much as I like him, I feel like Dantes wants to be both a damage dealer and a star-genner and kind of falls short of doing both?

he's still super cute though so whatever

e: also I'm not sure what you mean Baal by his NP being inherently strong at NP lvl 1, because 600% is the norm for Quick AOE NPs.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 10, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Crasical posted:

:raise:
Forgive me, but are you saying "Why use this 3* when you can use the limited 5* instead"?

I'm stating what Kid Gil does and it's the same thing that Gilgamesh does but worse, so why would you use him when you have a multitude of other options, especially Robin Hood who is of the same rarity?

TheFireMagi posted:

e: also I'm not sure what you mean Baal by his NP being inherently strong at NP lvl 1, because 600% is the norm for Quick AOE NPs.

Edmond is the only AOE Quick NP 5* servant and his attack stat is pretty high so it actually is pretty drat strong on its own.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Stallion Cabana posted:

I reject DanganRonpa!!

I can't get over how tuberculosis-chan has such high attack.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Captain Baal posted:

Edmond is the only AOE Quick NP 5* servant and his attack stat is pretty high so it actually is pretty drat strong on its own.

That's fair. I still think it's a crime he got a quartz Interlude and not a NP one though.

Also huh, I didn't realize he was the only 5* AOE Quick until you pointed it out. I'm kind of surprised by that considering how many characters have come out after him.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He definitely should get a buff on some of his skills, if we're not gonna get a reliable quick-support the dude should have more than just the self-attack buff as good as it is.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Space Flower posted:

also if the 50ap is annoying and slow or you die, go to 40ap

I saved a lot of my sanity by doing Waver + 2 Santa Alters (one with MLB Holy Night, the other with Kaleidoscope) for 50 AP. SAlter NP Altera. Waver brave chain Carmilla. SAlter NP brave chain for the last wave and clean up Scathach.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

aw gently caress

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Kyte posted:

Huh, I see. Interesting. I assume they did a bit of tweaking on Eresh's design before submitting the final art, though.

Beaten, but yeah, pretty much; I don't think they've shown the actual beta-Ishtar (though it apparently drew more heavily on PFALZ's unofficial version of Ishtar, which is why Ereshkigal is blonde), but said beta did undergo a few design revisions to make her more obviously match the Ereshkigal concept once it was decided to have Eresh be a thing.

quote:

There's alternate timelines, the usual branching time thing.

It's also worth pointing out: there is an entire True Magic devoted to the manipulation of, and travel between, this in the Nasuverse, the Second Magic Kaleidoscope, and it's not even a new thing. It was a crucial plot element as far back as the original Fate/stay night, and IIRC it still gets brought up as a background thing in Tsukihime or Kagetsu Tohya (where they explain the idea of True Magic in general).

quote:

Then there's alternate bundles of timelines, which is how what differentiates Prototype from the majority of Fate works. Without some kinda Sliders type shenanigans, you can't actually get there, 'cause there's no common point in history between there and here. Prototype verse and Musashi's world are like this.

But also yes: I think it's possible Kaleidoscope does not cut the mustard when it comes to Proto and wherever Musashi's from, but honestly I'm fuzzy on that myself right now (mostly because I thought Zeltrech could pretty much go wherever, being The Plot Incarnate). (EoR)The idea of this concept, the Missing Belt, begins to get explored in Shimosa, though they're still mostly just laying groundwork and are obviously working toward some kind of big reveal that likely concerns Proto and "Six".

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Why isn't proto archer here yet?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I hear Amakusa's name come up every now and then as a really nasty challenge fight, since his NP is literally unavoidable. I don't know how often DW actually makes him a boss though.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I assume he's just another chump who dies to Support Heracles With Bond CE.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
To the people that are farming boxes and waiting for the end of the event to open up dozens of them, or for people that are opening then in batches between farming, this will be a lifesaver. (IOS only.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/713cxu/ios_semiautomated_raffle_clear/

I suggest opening a box until the last 10 roll, then with some paper, mark the positions of the roll button, the box refresh button, the confirmation button... and finally, one for the description box that pops up if you happen to tap on one of the prizes in the list. I recorded the loop to be roll button, box refresh button, roll button, confirmation button and then description box, evenly spacing them across the 5 seconds you can record, with 1 second of a down time before the last tap, so that when it loops, it keeps spacing them out 1 second apart.

If you do it right, you can pretty much go do whatever you want, coming back every hour or so to "charge up" switch control taps, and go about your business again.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Surely you'll just get all of your exp cards silently thrown away when you run out of space in the present box?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It takes 5 minutes or so to clear out a box. It's annoying but it has not been the end of the world. And I'd rather do it every now and then over the course of these past few days then all at once because that would be maddening. It wound up not mattering in terms of taking up event time because I hit my apple limit this morning anyway, so now it's just whatever AP I can get naturally over the course of the day for a few more 40AP runs.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I started this event with 70 apples.

I currently have 18 left to go.

Wheeee

edit: I am baffled they never included a 'Buy Box' option.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Let's just say that there is an upside to being marooned for a day thanks to the year's first big snow storm.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

Alright here's the writeups for Void Shiki, Chaldea Boys, and the Count of Monte Cristo

You'll have to excuse the obvious favoritism for Edmond, but it's really easy to win me over with edgelords that have dumb dbz powers
Kid Gil is underrated slightly there imo, his competition isn't really Robin Hood or Gilgamesh, it's Tawara and Arash. Arash obviously does way more damage but is really clunky to use, and Tawara has pretty crap NP gain though a better damage boost, and Gil has more attack than him. Overall I'd say 5/10. He's basically the same character as Alexander.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

NRVNQSR posted:

Surely you'll just get all of your exp cards silently thrown away when you run out of space in the present box?

Each lottery box takes under 50 spots in your inbox worth of exp cards. So you can open 6 boxes, claim them all, sell the silver cards, and do it again. Sure, every 12 boxes you'll have to spend a few minutes spending all the gold exp cards, but it's better than developing CTS. Some people will have dozens and dozens of boxes to open by the end of the event.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Jesus, too many hardcore players itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also, Reindeer are terrible, terrible monsters and I hope they all die

just, you know, fyi