Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Option C

I guess you could call us the Timuids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Captain Oblivious posted:

Basically, I think the logic is that a Napoleon figure plus alliances with the Revolution are our best chance at actually reunifying Al-Andalus in time for Vicky.

I can't say I disagree. The other options are far too gradual. Go big or go home at this point :shrug:

Oh, I totally agree, C will be astonishing, but it's in the air if that's because of an amazing reversal of fortunes or we get our poo poo kicked in by literally everybody possible. I was going to go for it, but ultimately I figured that it'll win anyway and I needed to voice my displeasure at us making a second monster in our backyard.

Never should have tried loving over Morocco, least not with France right there.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I'm laughing as I count my money in a bank in Ibriz.

Maybe you all should look to ally a REAL revolutionary power. :smug:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

AJ_Impy posted:

True, we need an Andalusi solution. I know, let's bring in the Madhi!

To be clear I'm shouting this from across the Straights.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

An eight-pointed star would make a cool symbol for the Majlis...

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
C

lets go with the new hotness

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Option C

Nothing can go wrong with taking up an ideology literally all of our neighbors and all of the biggest foreign powers who can intervene against us hate!

Zikan fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Dec 20, 2017

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Rest In Peace Jizrunids, may Allah God welcome you into heaven with open arms. I can't be angry with their conversion considering it was all apparently a masterstroke ploy to get an alliance with France and gently caress the Majlis over one last time. However, with Palermo around they aren't out of the game quite yet...

Option B - Sheikh Al Farih

Also, how do the Mongol Empire, Mongolia, Yuan, and the Golden Horde all co-exist?

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

catlord posted:

I still don't get why we decided we needed to make ourselves another enemy and throw away centuries of alliances with Morocco, so I'm in for A.

Of course, it's not like we can run this poo poo into the ground much harder, so I look forward to C winning.

From what I remember most anti-Almoravid proponents have two main arguments to make:
  • A) They started it by allying with France in the first place!
  • B) But think about all the colonies we could steal!
I mean, the only problem with A that I can see - other than the Majils doing everything in their power to continue the :regd08:-train and most likely managing to gently caress that up as well - is the fact that it will make us unable to conquer the insane Madhi realm without breaking our own Moroccan alliance. So y'know, that's something at least.

Luhood fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Dec 10, 2017

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
Option C - Ibn Timu

YES! YES! More, give is more!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Option C

lang lebe die Revolution!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
It's a lost cause but the Almoravids should have always been our friends! We failed them and they failed us but we're brothers in faith.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
lmao if you think voting C is about doing "what's best for Al Andalus" also if you even care about that at this point.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Zakrelo posted:

Also, how do the Mongol Empire, Mongolia, Yuan, and the Golden Horde all co-exist?

The Mongol Empire was what was left of the Mongol Invasions in Europe in CK2. They started EU4 right next to the Russian principalities, but apparently they've migrated across Asia in response to Novgorodian expansion. This was them in 1444:

Mongolia is just one of the typical revolter tags in the steppes. I didn't think the Mongol Empire would literally conquer their way back to Mongolia, so I never bothered to rename them. The Yuan were also present at the start of EU4, as the descendants of Kublai Khan after the Yuan dynasty were overthrown by the Red Turbans. This was East Asia at the game's start:

And that last one isn't the Golden Horde, it's the Cuney Horde, which survived from CK2. I can't find a screenshot of them, but they started EU4 ruling parts of Transoxiana.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Thanks for the history lesson! The map sure has changed pretty radically after all this time.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Abu Rod demands apologies for this "pro-Almoravid anti-revolutionary" smear :argh:

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
If you say so. Traitor.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Please. You both conspired to poison me and overthrew my son! Treason comes as naturally to you as breathing

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

We didn't overthrow the monarchy to have another one! Nothing personal.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 10, 2017

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
C - Ibn Timu

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Frionnel posted:

We didn't overthrow the monachy to have another one! Nothing personal.

Truly, the only answer here is Theocracy.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

AJ_Impy posted:

Truly, the only answer here is Theocracy.

No sultan, no majlis, no kings, no Republican committees. Only God and his Chosen One.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Obviously not. An oligarchy of the most powerful nobles is the only way forward.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Clearly the only rational choice here would be to grant power to those proficient in its use, ie literally anyone before the majilis

So yeah C

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Do revolutionary republics still convert provinces?

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
Option C - Ibn Timu

Bavaria's doing very well for itself, and we already experienced the whole "vizier attempts to become king" thing so we know to keep an eye out and a pike ready if anyone else tries it.

Plus, what's the worst that could happen if the Cult of Reason were to border the Mahdi's realm? :allears:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

MaxieSatan posted:

Plus, what's the worst that could happen if the Cult of Reason were to border the Mahdi's realm? :allears:

lbr, the way that regime rolls, it wouldn't be any worse than otherwise.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

:siren:Vote closed!:siren:

Ibn Timu obviously has overwhelming backing from the Majlis, but as he has no political experience beyond the military, his reign will start off a bit rocky and he'll very likely start relying on his army to perform duties and roles traditionally reserved for members of the Majlis. So we'll see how that plays out. The relative lack of support for the other candidates means they'll be unable to put up any real resistance, with Al-Farih probably assassinated whilst bathing or something, but Abi Rod having enough friends to escape beforehand and flee the country.

Final tally:

Option A - 9 - Soup du Jour, Sanzh, unwantedplatypus, MinistryofLard, Luhood, Slaan, Technowolf, Danny Glands, Mr_Autoshades.

Option B - 3 - Mr.Morgenstern, Frionnel, Zakrelo.

Option C - 42 - GunnerJ, HiHo ChiRho, Crazycryodude, Pakled, Super Jay Mann, Camoes, Ralepozozaxe, Tiberius Thyben, Vinny Possum, Lord Cyrahzax, RabidWeasel, Jeoh, QuoProQuid, Rodyle, NewMars, Erwin the German, ThatBasqueGuy, Freudian, Kangxi, ZearothK, paragon1, punched my v-card at camp, devildragon777, Aeromancia, Agean90, frankenfreak, kibaces, Captain Oblivious, Ikasuhito, The Bold Kobold, Talas, mcclay, Snipee, TheFlyingLlama, Mantis42, everydayfalls, Zikan, RagnarokZ, really queer Christmas, Lynneth, V. Illych L., MaxieSatan.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Well, all hail Grand Vizier First Citizen Caliph Ibn Timu!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

This is fine.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Hashim posted:

The relative lack of support for the other candidates means they'll be unable to put up any real resistance, with Al-Farih probably assassinated whilst bathing or something, but Abi Rod having enough friends to escape beforehand and flee the country.

Just deserts for the traitors!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Just deserts for the traitors!

Ibn Timu was one of the traitors.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

I was going to do a state of the world for 1800, but since there's only about 20 years to go, I'll just skip this one and include it in the epilogue for EU4. Here's a political map of the world in 1799, though:

And here's a religious map:

Also added to the update.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'll be curious to see just how Russianized Scandinavia is when Vicky comes around.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Asia is a god drat disaster

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

@attn Hashin: If you're gearing up to do V2, the Clausewitz map editor works with it (I think you may need to use an older version though), you only set factories, forts, cores and ownership through it. There's a POP editor tool you can use to change demographics by a percentage, targetting it through several parameters (like pop type, culture, cores present, etc) to tune them to whatever you like, which is exceptionally handy when it comes down to doing total conversions and will save you a lot of hours and energy. I really can't recommend POPAdjuster enough.

As for OOB files, I don't think there's an easy way to do it, they are easily what annoyed me the most the last two times I converted a scenario for Vicky 2. Just make some regiment and navy templates and assign them. If you look at the files I used in the Gold Rules the World scenario, it's quite transparent. Feel free to hit me up on Steam if you want help with the conversion, same username.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Can't wait for the military dictatorship. Also, east Asia is a gently caress.

e: Holy poo poo Morocco has a shitload of colonies.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Jeoh posted:

e: Holy poo poo Morocco has a shitload of colonies.

Yeah, Morocco is essentially the Spain of this timeline, with some dashes of UK thrown in like Moroccan Raj and Moroccan Australia.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Not that it matters, but I voted for A.

Also, Serbia's Cathar? I vaguely remember that, but had completely forgotten. Also, still sad about Waono.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Man, who we really should've teamed up with is Crusader Egypt. Having a counterbalance like that in Africa might've been very helpful more than a few times