Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Tricky Ed posted:

gently caress

This story fills me with despair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

This story fills me with despair

I was completely convinced the twist was going to be that the man was actually Jimmy Buffett himself.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

IronicDongz posted:

I have never heard of Jimmy Buffet or any of his work outside of MBMBaM

in my mind(emotionally, not rationally) he has always been in the same category as characters like Amélie and now I'm confronted with the reality of him being a real person

All judgment on the quality of James aside the idea of making it to adulthood without accidentally hearing Margaritaville is the most wild thing I've ever heard

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Jimmy Buffet is a great musician and its hosed up to not like his music imo

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

John Dudebro posted:

All judgment on the quality of James aside the idea of making it to adulthood without accidentally hearing Margaritaville is the most wild thing I've ever heard

You know some of us aren’t American, right?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Organza Quiz posted:

Jimmy is a citizen of the sea.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Organza Quiz posted:

Yeah I don't think he has any presence at all outside the US and Canada. I certainly hadn't heard of him outside of American shows that reference him like The Simpsons, and I've never heard anything of his on the radio.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Yeah I don't think he has any presence at all outside the US and Canada. I certainly hadn't heard of him outside of American shows that reference him like The Simpsons, and I've never heard anything of his on the radio.
You must not go to many sports games, because Mr. Buffett's songs are featured in many a Jock Jam set

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

:same:

I just listened to a couple of songs to see if maybe I'd heard them before but didn't know it was him, but nope, I've never heard any of these songs before in my life.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I'm Canadian and I'd never heard of him in my life. I listened to a lot of country growing up, but as far as I can tell none of his songs.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JT Jag posted:

You must not go to many sports games, because Mr. Buffett's songs are featured in many a Jock Jam set

I guarantee you no one is playing Jimmy Buffet at AFC Bournemouth games

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission
so we just were treated to about twenty minutes about coffee enemas during live Sawbones complete with a... dry demonstration

it was pretty great, not sure how it's gonna translate to audio however

edit: video uploaded surprisingly quickly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m7o52LVmms

a penus fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 10, 2017

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

a penus posted:

so we just were treated to about twenty minutes about coffee enemas during live Sawbones complete with a... dry demonstration

it was pretty great, not sure how it's gonna translate to audio however

the demo was pretty fantastic. there's a ton of pics of it on twitter (i think justin may have retweeted one?) so at least there's some sort of visual reference

edit: ^^^oh, even better

edit2: :siren: weekly taz starting in january! :siren:

CaptainViolence fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 10, 2017

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013

Jade Mage posted:

I'm Canadian and I'd never heard of him in my life. I listened to a lot of country growing up, but as far as I can tell none of his songs.

I personally have made you listen to Margaritaville before. You’ve gotta think hard, man. Can’t avoid Jimmy Buffet.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

lovely poker hand posted:

I personally have made you listen to Margaritaville before. You’ve gotta think hard, man. Can’t avoid Jimmy Buffet.

Wasn't that after we started listening to the McElroys? I've listened to him since, but not at all growing up.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Oh thank god they finally took the horrible squelchy noises out of the monster factory bumper animations. I can watch again.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I literally heard my first Buffet song last week, although I'd heard the names of some of the songs before so got some of the pop culture references.

At least in Australia he's not on high rotation.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This latest MF made my ribs hurt and my girlfriend yelled at me for laughing too hard.

What a ride.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

the closing show of podcon tonight had a live performance of "Smart Stuff" with Justin and Roman Mars, and it was pretty amazing. does anybody remember which episode that bit originally appeared in?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
316 is called Smart Stuff, it’s probably that one.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

rumble in the bunghole posted:

316 is called Smart Stuff, it’s probably that one.

:doh: thanks!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

My dad was actually a parrothead, so I remember listening to a lot of his songs in the car growing up in Kentucky. Justin's love of him has always made perfect sense because for middle-aged white men, your risk for parrot fever is positively correlated with the distance to the nearest beach.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

CaptainViolence posted:

the closing show of podcon tonight had a live performance of "Smart Stuff" with Justin and Roman Mars, and it was pretty amazing. does anybody remember which episode that bit originally appeared in?

Can you spoil for me whether it was just an episode of 99% Invisible with Justin just sort of nodding along and making confirming noises?

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

SpacePig posted:

Can you spoil for me whether it was just an episode of 99% Invisible with Justin just sort of nodding along and making confirming noises?

short answer: nope!

longer, more spoilery answer: Justin shoved his mic away and used an ipad loaded with his own prerecorded quips to react to Roman Mars explaining why calico cats are all female

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Here's a clip
https://twitter.com/rachelleabellar/status/940083309308141569

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
And here's the whole thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F20AbuQef3c

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

this is incredibly good

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

CaptainViolence posted:

short answer: nope!

longer, more spoilery answer: Justin shoved his mic away and used an ipad loaded with his own prerecorded quips to react to Roman Mars explaining why calico cats are all female

That's even better.

Quoting so I'll remember to watch this later.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So for some reason last week's episode of MBMBaM didn't pop up on my android app. Had to go to max fun to listen to it.

Wonder if it'll get added today with this week's episode.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Where did people see that TAZ is going to be weekly?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

zimbomonkey posted:

if it's anything like last time, it's people misunderstanding that the TTAZZ postmortems appear in the off weeks

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Probably at the podcon TTAZZ? Griffin already announced in the last episode that they would be announcing something to let them move faster through the experimental arcs and there isn’t much it could be other than weekly episodes.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Organza Quiz posted:

Probably at the podcon TTAZZ? Griffin already announced in the last episode that they would be announcing something to let them move faster through the experimental arcs and there isn’t much it could be other than weekly episodes.

Daily episodes

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Organza Quiz posted:

what if it was livestreamed episodes

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

zimbomonkey posted:

they did a ttazz at podcon, and griffin announced that starting in january they're doing taz weekly (with less polish) so they can get through a few commitment-sized arcs and settle on a setting/system for season 2 without spending a year and a half getting there. they're also going to be splitting up the post-production duties instead of it just being him, but he didn't specify how exactly that will work.

yeah actually they will posted:

what if it was livestreamed episodes

fun story from the same panel: they were originally going to record video to go with the podcast and so there's an entire episode (i think the first one?) where griffin accidentally left his audio input set to the webcam instead of his mic and later spent hours re-recording literally everything he said over the course of the episode

CaptainViolence fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 12, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/940392982255144960

https://twitter.com/buggercup/status/940397409108156416

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Stoked for this new pokemon generation

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Stoked for this new pokemon generation

Have they announced which goofs are exclusive to which beard yet? I hope I can catch Thank Travis for Travis and Mango Cult in the same version.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWfdSxZeZLg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Light Pink, Royal Blue, any shade of green.