Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

GMo asked about Arkham Asylum 2 on Kevin Smith's show. Can't remember what details were previously announced, but it's with Chris Burnham, starring Damian in the future. He thinks it'll be out in 2019 for the 30th anniversary and he's looking forward to ruining the memory of the original.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC-O6OMdxm0&t=5144s

As someone who didn't like the original I am happy for him to ruin the memory of the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

purple death ray posted:

Renee has popped up here and there but she's just a regular cop, it's not really implied that she's ever been anything else.

The Vic Sage Question had a weird supernatural origin or something right when the new 52 started but I think it was widely hated and mostly forgotten at this point but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

The N52 Question wasn't Vic Sage at all, he was some evil guy. Apparently he was like super-Hitler or something because he was so evil that Shazam (the wizard) and some council of other elderly wizard types caught him and cursed him so all of his horrible deeds would be scrubbed from history (because he was so proud of them), he'd forget his name, and lose his face (since again, he took great pride in how evil he was/how people feared him). He turned into the Question and spoke only in questions because Johnsian Literalism I guess and basically didn't really do anything that I can remember.

Vic Sage showed up in one of the various Suicide Squad reboots/renames/renumberings as some government stooge trying to wrest control of Belle Reve prison away from Amanda Waller. He failed and I think Waller killed him.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

TwoPair posted:

The N52 Question wasn't Vic Sage at all, he was some evil guy. Apparently he was like super-Hitler or something because he was so evil that Shazam (the wizard) and some council of other elderly wizard types caught him and cursed him so all of his horrible deeds would be scrubbed from history (because he was so proud of them), he'd forget his name, and lose his face (since again, he took great pride in how evil he was/how people feared him). He turned into the Question and spoke only in questions because Johnsian Literalism I guess and basically didn't really do anything that I can remember.

Vic Sage showed up in one of the various Suicide Squad reboots/renames/renumberings as some government stooge trying to wrest control of Belle Reve prison away from Amanda Waller. He failed and I think Waller killed him.

That's pretty loving New 52 all right.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Top Gun posted:

Renee Montaya was a garbage Question. She works better as a beat cop. Hopefully Geoff resolves whatever is going on with the current new 52 Question (Rorscach?) so we can get back to the adventures of my main man Vic Sage.

Her plotline in 52 was good. But yeah they probably couldn't figure out what would work with her to really differentiate her from Vic.

Wasn't the NEW52 Trinity like Pandora, the Phantom Stranger (aka the Wandering Jew) and Question (aka Cain)? That's what everyone hated right?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yep, although more than the other two I recall people really hating that they made the Phantom Stranger decided to completely remove the "Stranger" part of his title by making him straight up Judas.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Phantom Stranger comic was actually pretty good till the Forever Evil Blight crossover made me give up on all of the 'dark' stuff.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I have a question about Mr Miracle.

In N52 The Pact was made when he was a kid, but in Kirby's original story he was only a baby and grew up in the orphanage as any other child in Granny's "care". When did he learn that the Highfather was his dad and the nature of The Pact?

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017

FilthyImp posted:

Her plotline in 52 was good. But yeah they probably couldn't figure out what would work with her to really differentiate her from Vic.

Wasn't the NEW52 Trinity like Pandora, the Phantom Stranger (aka the Wandering Jew) and Question (aka Cain)? That's what everyone hated right?

Was question cain? I remember speculation that he was supposed to be Lucifer or even Alexander the Great. They also kind of made him look like Rorscach from Watchmen but it wouldn't make sense if it was the actual watchmen character because why the hell would DCs cosmic cncil give a poo poo about a guy who exposed a rich dudes conspiracy.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I bet Bendis will be taking over RHATO.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I would like if Brian Michael Bendis took over Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle. That's his loving MO and, from everything I've heard, it hasn't been good for a while. If he can give it the Spider-Man treatment and get old Jaime Reyes back into the groove, that be great.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I feel like Bendis is getting Action and Detective. I haven't seen the solicits for 'tec, but it feels like Tynion is wrapping things up.

SMP
May 5, 2009

I get the feeling Tynion is just getting started. I'm gonna be mad if he's kicked off for Bendis.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Top Gun posted:

Was question cain? I remember speculation that he was supposed to be Lucifer or even Alexander the Great.
My bad. Looked through wikis and it looks like Questions identity was never addressed.

Lucifer sounds like a good candidate, but that would be two pulls from Judeo-Christian mythology, and I think Vandal Savage is already Cain (or he was identified as such during Final Crisis tie-ins, iirc).

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017

Covok posted:

I would like if Brian Michael Bendis took over Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle. That's his loving MO and, from everything I've heard, it hasn't been good for a while. If he can give it the Spider-Man treatment and get old Jaime Reyes back into the groove, that be great.

Lord No. That would be such a waste of Bendis talents.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Covok posted:

His "MO" if you could call it that is creating well-received POC legacy characters, then running them into the ground with his bullshit. He'd only have the chance to do the latter with Jaime :v:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Autism Sneaks posted:

His "MO" if you could call it that is creating well-received POC legacy characters, then running them into the ground with his bullshit. He'd only have the chance to do the latter with Jaime :v:

Damnit I already mentioned Jason Rusch/Firestorm who hasn't been used in forever.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Autism Sneaks posted:

I meant his MO was good teenage superheroes.

Also, I like Jaime. He was so good in his o.g. run in 2002.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I want bendis to write rhato, ww, or jla because the meltdowns about how bad thoae books are will be good.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I want Bendis to retire permanently from comics after somehow having his staph infection spread to intellectual property and it infects both Marvel and DC and they both stop printing comics or making movies or tv shows so we have nothing left to complain about and not read or watch because only then will there be nothing to hate and then also maybe the world ends because that's better than that rrrrrrrrFUCKING PIECE OF poo poo BENDIS rear end in a top hat ruining my loving perfect booster gold x elongated man romantic comedy pitch rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

I want bendis to write rhato, ww, or jla because the meltdowns about how bad thoae books are will be good.

I don't know if anything's going to beat the criticism of RHATO's New 52 reboot.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Edge & Christian posted:

I want Bendis to retire permanently from comics after somehow having his staph infection spread to intellectual property and it infects both Marvel and DC and they both stop printing comics or making movies or tv shows so we have nothing left to complain about and not read or watch because only then will there be nothing to hate and then also maybe the world ends because that's better than that rrrrrrrrFUCKING PIECE OF poo poo BENDIS rear end in a top hat ruining my loving perfect booster gold x elongated man romantic comedy pitch rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

You might want to get your sodium chloride blood levels checked. I feel you may be on your way to high blood pressure from all that sodium chloride, salt, you've been throwing around here.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Edge & Christian posted:

Same, but Blue Beetle instead of Elongated Man.

(I've actually never read a comic with Blue Beetle or Booster Gold in it).

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

nofather posted:

I don't know if anything's going to beat the criticism of RHATO's New 52 reboot.

It is a toss up. I dont know what D_T will do when Loebdell leaves.

Edge & Christian posted:

Lol this is a pretty good E&C meltdown

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 10, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

What the hell is RHATO?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Covok posted:

You might want to get your sodium chloride blood levels checked. I feel you may be on your way to high blood pressure from all that sodium chloride, salt, you've been throwing around here.
look if everyone else is too much of a coward to really commit to their underdeveloped lovely hot takes, someone has to say the thing. If there is a race to the bottom we might as well get it over with?

Covok posted:

What the hell is RHATO?
Red Hood ft. Outlawz, a book with exactly one devoted fan who has somehow kept it running since 2011 through sheer willpower and a devotion to jiggle physics.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Covok posted:

I meant his MO was good teenage superheroes.

Also, I like Jaime. He was so good in his o.g. run in 2002.

That was 2006.

Covok
May 27, 2013

FoneBone posted:

That was 2006.

Wait, didn't it happen right after Infinite Crisis?

Edge & Christian posted:

Red Hood ft. Outlawz, a book with exactly one devoted fan who has somehow kept it running since 2011 through sheer willpower and a devotion to jiggle physics.

Dead or Alive video game series?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Covok posted:

Dead or Alive video game series?

No. Some weird animes games.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Covok posted:

yes, and Infinite Crisis was '06

Covok
May 27, 2013

Autism Sneaks posted:

yes, and Infinite Crisis was '06

Huh, I for some reason thought that happened in 2001.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Covok posted:

Huh, I for some reason thought that happened in 2001.

:911:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
nope, 2001 was Our Worlds at War and Last Laugh

Covok
May 27, 2013

I think it has to do with Uncle Sam being beaten to death and bleeding oil that made me thought it happened in 2001.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

I feel like Bendis is getting Action and Detective. I haven't seen the solicits for 'tec, but it feels like Tynion is wrapping things up.

That's what the retailer group dudes seem to think. They thought the announcement was gonna be friday but Bendis almost died so it was a no go.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't see Bendis getting both of their most famous two titles, I would say maybe one of those or Justice League, and a new title based on an existing character. And hopefully no more than two books at a time.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I don't see Bendis getting both of their most famous two titles, I would say maybe one of those or Justice League, and a new title based on an existing character. And hopefully no more than two books at a time.

He's not getting justice League because they just gave that Priest...*looks at latest issue of justice League...through that cardboard box somehow* Actually, maybe they should give it to Bendis.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Put him on Legion. Let him go nuts and have none of it ultimately matter.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Covok posted:

maybe they should give it to Bendis.

They're probably happy with Priest turning in the only largely positively reviewed issue in 34 comics. https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dc-comics/justice-league-(2016)

Covok
May 27, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

They're probably happy with Priest turning in the only largely positively reviewed issue in 34 comics. https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dc-comics/justice-league-(2016)

Really? I didn't read an issue before it so that leaves me baffled. We're talking about the same one, right? Where the nun gets stabbed? How bad was it before that this was the first positively reviewed one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

That's what the retailer group dudes seem to think. They thought the announcement was gonna be friday but Bendis almost died so it was a no go.

It'd make sense. He'd get to have a toe in each universe, and having those two high numbered, similarly titled books allows him to have like his own little mini imprint for them to point at. The guy who defined Marvel for the the 21st century, doing DC's two biggest characters would make a lot of buzz.

Between that, and the Metal spin off books, they might just out Marvel Marvel.