Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
The reason it was taking your lvl 58 character forever is that the special missions have enemies that are... lvl 62? The damage downgrade you get from being under leveled is very severe in this game. The difference between 58 and 60 is large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yeah, it has to do with dodge rates I believe. Same reason why high-level WBU teams use a bunch of dodge ignore strikers instead of damage ones. If you didn't know, you can check those teams by going to WBU -> ranking in the bottom right -> overall rankings -> magnifying glass by a particular team. It's a good way to know how the pros gear all their poo poo.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
So should I level Proxima or would my Black Anti-Matter be better spent on Odin or Thanos?

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

KaosMachina posted:

So should I level Proxima or would my Black Anti-Matter be better spent on Odin or Thanos?

Do you have any other native T2's leveled up? Traditional Wisdom would be Prox/Maw first then Thanos, main reason being that they use less resources to level up and can help make it easier to get 5/5 on world bosses every day. The more bosses you can clear, the faster you can level BAM, and the easier it is to get resources to build up the remaining BO. Thanos uses substantially more BAM & Bios to level (twice as much IIRC) so you go longer clearing less while you build him up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My thinking is that you should be gunning for 5/5 daily on WBR and 15 Floors in Shadowland. That gets you bios from Shadowland and BAM/chaos stones from WBR and tons of other resources you need to build up your roster. If you're not there yet Proxima is a good help who will come a lot quicker and cheaper. If you're already there then go for Thanos or Odin because they'll help you on that next level.

I still don't have Thanos, Odin, or Dormammu because i got distracted with Quicksilver, Cable, and now Scarlet Witch. But I'm currently stuck on Floor 27 of Shadowland and I figure I'm going to have to get 1 or 2 of those big ones to push me over the top there and get me to 30.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

This is my current loadout of T2s, with a bunch of 6/60s of various masteries underneath. I've completed the story stuff and gotten a 6* Blue Marvel and put the CTP on Sharon, and QS and Sharon have been my main carries for any REAL challenge. QS is the only native T2 I've invested up to 6*, and I'm kind of working on Cable but he uses different resources. I've got Proxima up to 3* and ready to go to 4 with the BAM, but then the real grind is 5 and 6 anyway... I only did SL15 for the first time during this week, because it was only last week that I figured out that 'oh wait I can just use single characters' and this week that I figured out which to use and saved Sharon for 15. Beyond that, now... it's just WBI and SL16 and up that are really the challenges left?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

My thinking is that you should be gunning for 5/5 daily on WBR and 15 Floors in Shadowland. That gets you bios from Shadowland and BAM/chaos stones from WBR and tons of other resources you need to build up your roster. If you're not there yet Proxima is a good help who will come a lot quicker and cheaper. If you're already there then go for Thanos or Odin because they'll help you on that next level.

I still don't have Thanos, Odin, or Dormammu because i got distracted with Quicksilver, Cable, and now Scarlet Witch. But I'm currently stuck on Floor 27 of Shadowland and I figure I'm going to have to get 1 or 2 of those big ones to push me over the top there and get me to 30.

I used Quicksilver on Floor 27 for the first time today and he dominated both rounds.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well depending on what you want to play there's still the next 15 levels of WBI which will take lots of bodies, Timeline, WBU (which I still can't do). And it doesn't look like you've done either Epic Quest. It takes a long time to run out of stuff to do in this game.

I'd finish up Proxima and start doing one of the Epic Quests. Probably Wolverine since I think Rogue, Cyclops, Beast, and Storm come easier than Mordo, Wong, Ancient One, Kaecilus, Hellstorm, and Clea and I think are all more useful. And Magneto and Jean Grey are two of the best in the game if you can get the crystals.

The Dave posted:

I used Quicksilver on Floor 27 for the first time today and he dominated both rounds.

I can't do damage. It sucks because I have Quicksilver, Strange, Loki, and a dozen other T2s like Carnage, Cyclops, Beast, Iron Fist, Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel, Kate Bishop, Elsa, and more but I can't get past that stage. They just don't seem to be able to hurt that crew and I keep getting burned and don't have any fire resist leaders left.

I've been beefing up Quicksilver and Strange's Urus and I just gave QS a more offensive iso 8 set with awakened isos. So I'll make another run in the next couple of hours before the reset. Its been a frustration of this week, but this is the highest I've ever gotten.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 7, 2017

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Well depending on what you want to play there's still the next 15 levels of WBI which will take lots of bodies, Timeline, WBU (which I still can't do). And it doesn't look like you've done either Epic Quest. It takes a long time to run out of stuff to do in this game.

I'd finish up Proxima and start doing one of the Epic Quests. Probably Wolverine since I think Rogue, Cyclops, Beast, and Storm come easier than Mordo, Wong, Ancient One, Kaecilus, Hellstorm, and Clea and I think are all more useful. And Magneto and Jean Grey are two of the best in the game if you can get the crystals.

WBU, not WBI, thank you. WBI seems to be fine so far. I've got everyone but Beast up to 6* as the X-Men go, and I've got the first of both the Dark Dimension and Veiled Secret missions unlocked. So my daily grind is kinda set in that regard, but every time I've gone to WBU it's stomped me to a LAUGHABLE degree and I'm wondering where to go with that.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Yeah, as good as Strange is I think the xpeople are better all-around than the ones you get from Strange. Though SL needs more villains now than it used to and both Mordo and Kaecillius are pretty useful? But mainly it's that a geared-out phoenix can do literally everything in the game and Strange has speedbumps sometimes these days.

Stages 25-30 of SL are kinda dumb and the rewards are even dumber. It's annoying. I use QS on a 'enemy that can reflect energy attacks may appear' entry stage but even then he usually needs a big +damage leader (I use Gorgon) and some backup that can survive the initial hits (Moon Knight seems to get the job done) or he doesn't always have the DPS.

When it comes to spending BAM on T2's I think Prox is still a good choice. She's a little weedy and can die fast but she can still clear SL stuff up to 25 without too much trouble. Thanos / Odin don't get you a huge amount of additional benefit for their cost (though Odin is a great plow for grinding content even if Jean's better at that now.)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Dave posted:

I just ran Floor 27 again with Quicksilver, Carnage, and a Beast leadership and like... if I had 30 more seconds I'd win it but I just can't make it work. I probably just need to keep working on the Urus and maybe get a better obelisk. I have a Critical Damage one on now but maybe an Ignore Defense might bet better and I should roll one of those "damage proc" things. I'm not rushing. My personal best this week was Floor 23 so jumping up to Floor 27 was a surprise and something to build on next week.

KaosMachina posted:

WBU, not WBI, thank you. WBI seems to be fine so far. I've got everyone but Beast up to 6* as the X-Men go, and I've got the first of both the Dark Dimension and Veiled Secret missions unlocked. So my daily grind is kinda set in that regard, but every time I've gone to WBU it's stomped me to a LAUGHABLE degree and I'm wondering where to go with that.

I still haven't dented WBU so I can't help you there. I'd finish up Proxima and Wolverine. If you just keep grinding away on those Tracking/Veiled/Memory Missions you'll work up the four X-Men to T2 eligibility quicker than you think and even if you don't want to do that you need those resources for Cable and its one of the best ways to get bios for the native T2s (second to just doing a ton of WBI and playing the numbers for big bio cash ins).

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I applied for Goonlactus, name is same as here with a 1 on the end.

Getting a bit confused with some things though. I did a couple of co-op battles where it boosts all of your characters to 6* against some super boss, and usually one of the team kills the boss in about a second and does 90% of the damage. How do they do that?

Also, will someone be my special friend? I need to send some points to someone to advance my Dr Strange quest?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Dravs posted:

I applied for Goonlactus, name is same as here with a 1 on the end.

Getting a bit confused with some things though. I did a couple of co-op battles where it boosts all of your characters to 6* against some super boss, and usually one of the team kills the boss in about a second and does 90% of the damage. How do they do that?

Also, will someone be my special friend? I need to send some points to someone to advance my Dr Strange quest?

You're in.

For WBI, you're just seeing that the power curve is all outta whack. Well. One thing that has a relatively minor effect is that you're getting moved straight to tier 2 for that mode but it doesn't upgrade anything besides your level and the corresponding stats. A fully built out character has that plus more bonuses from gear, custom gear, ISO-8, skills, and urus. So a fully built out character will be better than the one that was auto-levelled. All that said, there are a bunch of characters (mostly the native T2 ones that START at T2) that are head-and-shoulders better to begin with. Jean Grey, Dr Strange, Cable, etc. A lot of them can wipe the floor with a WBI boss by pressing a single button.

And sent a friendo request, I'm mcmorava.

I have 9 nova bios, 0 guks for the converter, and the rank-up event just ended. :saddowns:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i ran out of guks, thanks converter

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I ran out a few days ago from trying to get Anti-Man but all you really have to do is spend a couple of days buying them from the store, doing your grinds, and not using any. I've got a few thousand stored up again and should be fine until the next time I go converter/gear crazy.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

oh yeah, I'm just annoyed because I missed the rewards from the event. Not a big deal, just if I had gotten a single more nova bio in the slot machine i'd have mega ranked him immediately because of the bonuses. Now I might just get him to 1* and save the mega rank (not that there's really a better target but I may get myself a bio sub for christmas like I did last year and I could use it on one of them I guess.)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I had a mega rank ticket for Anti Man, but whatever. My consolation prize is I save a mega rank ticket for one of the pay characters down the line and aren't just doing it for someone to grab some short term prizes. I got 3/5. That's not bad.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
So I have a t2 anti man if you guys want a write up I’ll do one

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

b0ng posted:

So I have a t2 anti man if you guys want a write up I’ll do one

Do it.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I'm glad Wolverine isn't restricted in Platinum this week. Last week made me realize that he carries my whole team.

So many people too dumb to put him in the first slot, so mine just kills their first guy and then wins by time-out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Quicksilver managed to carry my Timeline team last week in Platinum. This weak its Phoenix/Quicksilver again but its Vibranium so who knows? Had a good first day. 9-1 I think.

I've been just autorunning it lately but I've resigning myself to play manually for a few days and build my clear ticket stock back up. Except for Special because its too annoying to click that Hidden Ticket question each time.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Wow it's been a week of radio silence from Keke. Wonder what they are doing?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

I'm doing vibranium for the first time ever this week and holy hell does not having one of the two 'problem solver' characters in my roster (Sharon) completely gimp anything I'd do.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I'm a new player also in vibranium for the first time and trying to do anything without "meta" characters seems basically impossible. What a painfully unfun game mode

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Put it on auto and walk away if you don't have a nuke. It's not worth the hassle, but it is worth doing for the 1.2m gold at week end and 500 honor tokens per day. More if you manage to off some minnows who are also failing.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

I’ve got some done but I need to see him in ABX to give all aspects of the game some attaention. One thing is for sure though, he is not good in timeline.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

If anybody in Doctor Goons can go finish that last fucken Strange/AO in 8, I wiped the other 9 stages. A T2 destroyer would work wonders.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

So here's my team after a couple months of playing:

Do I use my 6* mega rank up on Spider-Man 2099 or Ironheart?

Which native T2 should I focus on first? I've heard Proxima is best power/resources though I'll have QS in a few days and am able to get all 5 WB clears daily already.

And what should I be spending my lab anti-matter on? Right now I'm just spending the extra on the Warp Device for bios.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Benthalus posted:

Which native T2 should I focus on first? I've heard Proxima is best power/resources though I'll have QS in a few days and am able to get all 5 WB clears daily already.

And what should I be spending my lab anti-matter on? Right now I'm just spending the extra on the Warp Device for bios.

Quicksilver is as cheap to upgrade as Proxima if I remember right and much more useful. In the lab, upgrading the store helps if you want to buy extra dimension debris or xp chips, and the converter can be useful too for turning antimatter into debris, and for converting extra feathers and BAM into mkraan crystals if you have some to spare and are still working towards Jean.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Benthalus posted:

So here's my team after a couple months of playing:

Do I use my 6* mega rank up on Spider-Man 2099 or Ironheart?

Spider-Man 2099 is probably the best paywall. He's fantastic at T1 and at T2 can beat Jean and Quicksilver pretty consistently.

Ironheart has good leadership and can stay invincible but 2099 is better.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

im freaking the heck out posted:

Wow it's been a week of radio silence from Keke. Wonder what they are doing?

Being shut down due to sexual harassment and licensing problems?

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Thanks for the advice, SM 2099 now 6* and full mastery with tickets. Of course I can't T2 him even with a ticket unless I sub for bios to level his gear to 20, right?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Benthalus posted:

Thanks for the advice, SM 2099 now 6* and full mastery with tickets. Of course I can't T2 him even with a ticket unless I sub for bios to level his gear to 20, right?

Not unless you wanna whale on a mega T2 ticket, but you can bio sub for 8 months for the same price.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How the hell are you supposed to be able to level Nova and Blue Marvel? I bought one package that got them both at 6* then bought a second later once I had the crystals, and got nothing. Man that's just dumb.

Anyways, I want some hints about who to work on for t2.

Already T2: Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Jean, WOlverine, Strange, Beast, Cyclops. Magneto, Storm, Rogue, Black Panther, Moon Knight, Sif, Sharon Rogers, Enchantress, Wasp, Yellowjacket, Sharon Carter, Elsa, Gwenpool, Kate Bishop, Silk, Squirrel Girl, Angela, Captain Marvel, Heimdall, Hela, Hyperion, Loki, Thor, Jane Foster Thor.

Ready to be t2 : Hulk, Hulkbuster, Ancient One, Quake, Mysterio, Nico, Wiccan, Karnak, Ms Marvel, Singularity, Crystal

At 6* but not geared up: Cap, Deathlok, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Coulson, Songbird, Kraven, Mockingbird, Spidergwen, Yondu, Blue Marvel, Robbie Reyez, Ultron, Kingpin, Kaecilius, Starlord, Gamora, Skurge, War Machine, Nova, Valkyrie, Ironheart, Spider-Man, Helstrum, Lizard, Nebula, Rhino, Lash, Lincoln, Maximus, Miles, Bucky, Widow, Carnage, Inferno, Moongirl, Satana, Quasar.

I also have unlocked everything, but Anti-Man and Apocalypse. So if there's someone else I should be putting my resources into i'd like to know. I'm putting my X-men and world boss resources into Cable and Dorammu right now.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

How the hell are you supposed to be able to level Nova and Blue Marvel? I bought one package that got them both at 6* then bought a second later once I had the crystals, and got nothing. Man that's just dumb.

It's like only every 3rd or 4th chest guarantees the ultimates, and it reads a bit confusing. Hence the future fight boycott and downrate effort on reddit. Hopefully they will add the bios somewhere else soon. Bandaid 1 was to give us enough crystals for a free chest pack, adding them to the lab converter was bandaid #2, and bandaid #3 is to partially refund the people who ignored the boycott and bought chests before they were added to the converter. That was announced a week ago and when people ask about it they are told it takes time to determine who is eligible for the refund or not.

I'm behind you in characters, but looking at your list, I see Ancient One, Spiderman, Coulson and Valkyrie come up a lot in discussions. Ancient One adds 25% ignore dodge and element damage to all allies, Coulson and Valkyrie give massive boosts to allies against super villains, Spiderman with the homecoming outfit is good at timeline and in shadowlands. Cap and Iron Man are also decent choices since the patch made early story characters cheaper. Iron Fist is also decent with his hobo outfit but you may not need him as much since you already have wolverine and beast. He was my starter combat T2 alongside Sharon and Elsa to help me get started on the world bosses but you are beyond that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bagrada posted:

It's like only every 3rd or 4th chest guarantees the ultimates, and it reads a bit confusing. Hence the future fight boycott and downrate effort on reddit. Hopefully they will add the bios somewhere else soon. Bandaid 1 was to give us enough crystals for a free chest pack, adding them to the lab converter was bandaid #2, and bandaid #3 is to partially refund the people who ignored the boycott and bought chests before they were added to the converter. That was announced a week ago and when people ask about it they are told it takes time to determine who is eligible for the refund or not.

I'm behind you in characters, but looking at your list, I see Ancient One, Spiderman, Coulson and Valkyrie come up a lot in discussions. Ancient One adds 25% ignore dodge and element damage to all allies, Coulson and Valkyrie give massive boosts to allies against super villains, Spiderman with the homecoming outfit is good at timeline and in shadowlands. Cap and Iron Man are also decent choices since the patch made early story characters cheaper. Iron Fist is also decent with his hobo outfit but you may not need him as much since you already have wolverine and beast. He was my starter combat T2 alongside Sharon and Elsa to help me get started on the world bosses but you are beyond that.

I was going to use my last ticket on Ancient One, but then Heimdall came out. Like he can take on the low end world bosses but isn't that great over all. I'll probably still use the next ticket for Ancient One, though I was thinking of Hulk as I have the Ragnarok outfit. I don't have the Homecoming outfit, but I'll probably grab it next sale, but I do have Hobo Iron Fist.

Honestly, I'm lacking villains for Shadowland, so I'm also tempted to T2 Mysterio, and work towards Kraven.

I missed they added Sam and Martin to the converter, I'll be doing that. Though I had to literally use every bio I had ot get Wanda to 60, but holy poo poo was that worth it, also worth missing out on the T2 ticket from the last even, as I bought all the dark matter, which is by far the most annoying thing to get in this game.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
I can vouch for ancient one. Xhe was one of my first few t2s and she's just got such a high ceiling if played manually. I suspect she could just as good at t1, but they're an easy world boss clear and a late shadowlands stage (particularly good at soloing rumbles) at t2. She's really unique and cool to play, only having the two damaging attacks. Hulk is really great though w/ragnarok, I can't deny that, I've been using him all over the place since the uni.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Mysterio gets even better at T2, but he can solo waves and rumbles at T1 up to the late teens. I found T2'ing Kraven helped more because the extra damage made sure he murders everyone before they get a chance to sneak in some attacks during the last part of his 5-4-3-1 rotation when he's briefly out of iframes. Both good picks though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Nice, It probably doesn't matter too much who I t2 because I can beat all the world bosses at normal mode, and only extreme mode WB and i'm at floor 12 in SL, so its not like I'm horribly stuck.

I'll probably do Mysterio with my next T2 ticket. Hopefully there will an xmas event that will let you earn one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I'm considering T2ing someone from the lower chapters of story mode. Is Falcon, Hawkeye, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Elektra, Punisher, Blade, Bullseye, Doc Ock, Gobbo, Mockingbird, or Red Skull worth it?
It'll be one of those, because they're cheapest, and I've got more T2s (90) than T1s (57) at this point anyway.