Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Hitman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i sort of want something on pc like stardew valley where i'm building up a little homestead or w/e. there are so many bad crafting games that it's hard to find something decent, though.

I've felt this way ever since finishing Stardew and haven't found anything as good

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i reinstalled starbound, played for 5 minutes and then immediately uninstalled it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

People have told me Rune Factory 4 on 3ds is good but it looks like garbage to me. Maybe it is good but I won't ever find out unless it's on sale for 5 bucks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

if you dont mind emulation you could play one of the old harvest moons. I love Harvest Moon 64. I didnt have a ps1 but when i was a kid i saw a strategy guide for the harvest moon ps1 game in a bargain bin and bought it and would just look at the pictures and read about all the mechanics that were different from 64 and get really excited. Ive still never played it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

People have told me Rune Factory 4 on 3ds is good but it looks like garbage to me. Maybe it is good but I won't ever find out unless it's on sale for 5 bucks

the ideas fun but the game isnt polished at all and the combat is the worst

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The problem with Harvest Moon is everyone has a favorite which someone else inevitably says is the absolute worst thing to ever happen in gaming, so it's hard to tell which one to actually start

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wii U has a lot of HarvMoons on VC, if you have that console.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i dont knwo what the best ones are bc ive only played a few and then a really really bad one on 3DS. so i guess not any of the 3ds ones

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's a cheat I still remember: if you go to the horse track and put a max bet on a horse and thenhit cancel the game doesnt take any money but the bet still stands so you can put 99999999 bets on every horse and have infinite money.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Fungah! posted:

the ideas fun but the game isnt polished at all and the combat is the worst

seconded. the combat is rear end and also the farming isn't fun because there are weird soil depletion mechanics with no crop rotation to make up for it so you either have to farm like some idiot 17th century French peasant who constantly farms the same crops over and over again and starves to death from bad yields or like some insane khrushchev disciple on a fanatical hunt for virgin lands with 9 different far away fields to tend every morning

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

hack your 3ds to patch in the orchestral soundtrack for dragon quest 8 and hear the notes koichi sugiyama is denying non-japanese people due to his racist views

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
the 3ds dq8 also has some censored content if thats something you care about

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

starbarry clock posted:

p*ff p*ff

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

starbarry clock posted:

dont post here

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the iphone dq8 has proper music but no voices. 3ds has the voices but not the music. its a real sophies choice

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

corn in the bible posted:

the iphone dq8 has proper music but no voices. 3ds has the voices but not the music. its a real sophies choice

dont play phone games

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

monster gunt-er

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ive become addicted to xenobalde chronicles 2

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

yeah i wonder if i should play a 60 hour epic RPG on my phone or a 3ds, lmao the gently caress out of here

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

It was actually a trick question, because DQ8 should be played on your TV with a ps2.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Go away pls

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

How's DQ11? It looks great but I thought maybe someone would have played it since I know some of you guys play import stuff.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

How's DQ11? It looks great but I thought maybe someone would have played it since I know some of you guys play import stuff.

i cant wait for it to come to the switch so it can be the second dragon quest game ive beaten after 3
edit: for now im going to play metroid prime

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
my friend is living in japan right now and played through DQ11 and loving loved it, i think it's his new favorite dragon quest now, i want it so bad, it looks so unreal on PS4

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres probably 10 bibles worth of text to translate

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
morrowind then more DKC.

extremebuff posted:

theres probably 10 bibles worth of text to translate

lol

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

The DQ8 3ds soundtrack is still solid... I don't know why you would let that stop you from playing the definitive version of one of the greatest RPGs of all time.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Winter is made for JRPGs so I’m going to play more P3P tonight even though it’s summer in the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fiend Matador posted:

The DQ8 3ds soundtrack is still solid... I don't know why you would let that stop you from playing the definitive version of one of the greatest RPGs of all time.

yeah the simpler versions of the songs are still pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxnp-XH34ho

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

More of the 5th palace in p5 tonight. Love Harus outfit

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Winter is made for JRPGs so I’m going to play more P3P tonight even though it’s summer in the game

That feel when hitting wintertime in a Persona game and knowing that the game is coming to an end soon and the game's music changes to reflect that

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I like it but i don't think it's what you're looking for. Less involved economic/life sim stuff and more dungeon crawling and combat. If you see it super cheap then yeah go for it, but it doesn't trigger the obsessive part of my game like Stardew does

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Warframe, Caves of Qud and Pokemon Ultra Moon in varying but approximately equal amounts.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Fiend Matador posted:

That feel when hitting wintertime in a Persona game and knowing that the game is coming to an end soon and the game's music changes to reflect that

[somber gamer nod]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dilI_gy2KdI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrurmuIeIeE

these tracks rule

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im playing destiny 2 again and it makes me wish Bungie didnt abandon PC from between marathon and this game. Its so fun

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Played a little BotW... not sure how I feel about Master Mode. I don't like how how the extra enemy health means all those clever little set pieces with exploding barrels and boulders near the enemy camps aren't much use anymore, since it's not enough to kill and they regenerate.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i thoroughly enjoyed harvest moon on the snes start to finish and have never felt the need to ever play one of those types of games again

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

i sort of want something on pc like stardew valley where i'm building up a little homestead or w/e. there are so many bad crafting games that it's hard to find something decent, though.
Getting really good at Don't Starve might be pretty comparable, with the extra survival element.

Not the closest comparison, but I've realized that Stardew Valley and Recettear both occupy pretty similar gameplay loops for me. They're obviously very different systems and you don't have a homestead as such, but optimizing your store and stock in Recettear is close enough to cultivating your farm in Stardew, and you do the talking to townsfolk and dungeon crawling in both.

The demo I played for Rune Factory 4 years ago had really ponderous combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I ended up playing a bunch of DQ Heroes II and watching that Netflix Jim Carrey thing.