Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

Everytime Hooper caught a pass I was real surprised the crowd liked him so much.

Then I realized it was piped in from the speakers.

The Crowd in pretty much every stadium loves anyone who's name can be chanted by saying <consonant sound>OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO<fades into quiet before the IT'S 3RD DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!! soundbyte>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Just watched the ‘highlights’. What a lovely game, glad I didn’t stay up to watch it. Still, will take the win.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Serotonin posted:

Just watched the ‘highlights’. What a lovely game, glad I didn’t stay up to watch it. Still, will take the win.

The end was peak nfc south

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

falcons sweep saints, saints sweet panthers, panthers sweep falcons.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The ghost with the post-season, baby.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the bucs could actually gently caress up some poo poo if they got it together but lol that team is dead in the water

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Chilichimp posted:

The end was peak nfc south

Great pick though

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Things I would love to never see again:

1. Vic Beasley dropping into coverage
2. Throwing the ball to Austin Hooper
3. Dan Quinn making boneheaded decisions at crucial moments (take the penalty you moron)
4. Matt Ryan locking onto Julio Jones. He missed Teco on a wheel route that would have gone for 6 and on the one pick Levine was wide open in the end zone. Horrible game by Matt.
5. Subbing Coleman/Freeman in for the other when the one gets into a groove. Freeman was chewing up yards last night and then for some reason was pulled. Screw the RBBC stuff when a back has the hot hand.
6. Pitch plays and jet sweeps. Sark is like in love with these drat plays, throw them away!

That was such a weird game last night. One of the weirdest games I can remember of the Saints/Falcons rivalry.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Serotonin posted:

Great pick though

That's the pick Ryan was supposed to throw in the 4th. The universe hosed up.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Dirk is toast.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/939866707673444353

https://twitter.com/JennaLaineESPN/status/939878087206023169

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’m really not sure Winston is worth hitching the wagon to at this point.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Boy I sure cant wait to have a 6th coach in a decade.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

This lines up with his performance after the first year in Atlanta as well.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

sigh

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:smith::hf::smith:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

This lines up with his performance after the first year in Atlanta as well.

Yup. Good dude but vanilla and predictable as all get out. God speed, Dirk. He will make a solid college coordinator.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/939925301622198272

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/10/nfl-assigned-former-falcons-player-to-officiate-saints-falcons-game/

:freep:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

lmao

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
the canal street chronicles melted down so hard they started stalking the son of the ref that flagged peyton

classy work saints fans

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/jeannathomas/status/939948592961347584

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

sword_man.gif posted:

the canal street chronicles melted down so hard they started stalking the son of the ref that flagged peyton

classy work saints fans

"Are you currently, or have you ever been, part of the Atlanta Falcons organization" a la McCarthy.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

man screw the vikings :argh:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why do the panthers only win games when I wake up too late to actually watch them play

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Alaois posted:

why do the panthers only win games when I wake up too late to actually watch them play

start setting your drat alarm imo

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Good to see the Panthers running the ball well. Aside from the two big runs, we also picked up a lot of 3-5 yard runs as well. Big improvement from the frequent no gain and negative yard plays earlier in the season. Cam is still carrying our offense with his running, but at least we are getting help from Stewart and CMC now.

Nice to see turnovers too, even if two of them were luck.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Really encouraged by the end of Panthers/Vikings. That was a game they historically lose. I approve of Wilks as a defensive coordinator (which means he's a head coach somewhere else next year :smith:) for that two-minute drill alone.

Also encouraged by next week's game (thanks a lot Browns) because the last time we faced a QB coming off a collarbone injury he ended up calling Panthers games from the booth 2 years later :smug:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

sword_man.gif posted:

classy work saints fans

Panthers are going to knock y’all out of your playoff spot.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 10, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Panthers are going to knock y’all out of your playoff spot.

Thats a weird way of saying "Falcons are going to knock the Saints out of their playoff spot"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

weird Asian candy posted:

Thats a weird way of saying "Falcons are going to knock the Saints out of their playoff spot"

the only thing the falcons are knocking over are empty whiskey bottles because you hired an offensive coordinator who was fired from his previous job for being an alcoholic

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Alaois posted:

the only thing the falcons are knocking over are empty whiskey bottles because you hired an offensive coordinator who was fired from his previous job for being an alcoholic

such a hot and refreshing take! you should be proud imo

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nah, y’all might knock us down to the wildcard but if you somehow run the table you’re still at 11 wins. I’m gonna give the Saints credit and assume they can beat Tampa and the Jets, so they will also be at 11. If Carolina is also at 11 you win the division and the Saints get the Wildcard. If they aren’t at 11 then you guys win the division and the Saints get the wildcard.

But really we’re gonna win out and it ain’t gonna matter.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

But really we’re gonna win out and it ain’t gonna matter.

Gonna be a crazy 3 weeks man. I have no idea what is going to happen. I would not be surprised at any of the three teams win the division. Good year South bros :hfive:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol the bucs

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

GJ Jags...preciate ya

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Were gonna get both wildcards and then have to worry about playing each other in the playoffs.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

GJ Jags...preciate ya

Three NFC South teams to the post season, git'er dun.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chilichimp posted:

Three NFC South teams to the post season, git'er dun.

The Bucs press their cold nose on the window, watching through the glass as the other three brothers fight and wrestle and argue.

"One day." They whisper.

"One day I'll be in there too."

:sadwave:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

The Bucs press their cold nose on the window, watching through the glass as the other three brothers fight and wrestle and argue.

"One day." They whisper.

"One day I'll be in there too."

:sadwave:

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Man, insult to injury...McCoy tore his biceps and is done. What a disappointing year for Tampa.

• Locked thread