Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016

Lottery of Babylon posted:

The Peneal Gland (knows as the seat of the soul or the seat of God) is a source of unlimited knowledge. It is where the intuition centers sit. A whole bunch very, VERY good ideas come from the Penal gland. It's just a natural center of the brain that pumps out endless solutions to our problems.

There's only 1 problem. The peneal gland was intentionally blocked using fluoride which covers the penal gland so that it cannot communicate with the rest of the brain.

Dr. Pretorius at it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:tinfoil:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Same

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Someone in a local hiking group was apparently drunk Facebooking last night and got overly offended by a joke post asking for information on hiking up a ski hill.

Granted the ski hill post was stupid too because it was making fun of people who were asking for newbie advice about winter conditions and dangers. Some people think that since they have more skill and experience, it means open season for making GBS threads on amateurs. There's not much drama in the outdoor community, but when there is, it's incredibly petty.

His other problem is that this time of year summits are generally not attainable due to the dangers of avalanche so posts tend to be more of a winter hike type. Elitists think that only summits are post worthy and love to complain about anything else.

SulfurMonoxideCute has a new favorite as of 22:10 on Dec 10, 2017

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Picnic Princess posted:

Someone in a local hiking group was apparently drunk Facebooking last night and got overly offended by a joke post asking for information on hiking up a ski hill.

Granted the ski hill post was stupid too because it was making fun of people who were asking for newbie advice about winter conditions and dangers. Some people think that since they have more skill and experience, it means open season for making GBS threads on amateurs. There's not much drama in the outdoor community, but when there is, it's incredibly petty.

His other problem is that this time of year summits are generally not attainable due to the dangers of avalanche so posts tend to be more of a winter hike type. Elitists think that only summits are post worthy and love to complain about anything else.

They should just take a hike.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Cock peak sounds like a difficult climb.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Puppy Time posted:

It only gets really hard when you're going down.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Puppy Time posted:

The ride back down is where the fun starts.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Just don't fall in at the peak; nobody will hear you make a sound

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Push El Burrito posted:

It only gets really hard when you're going down.

:hellyeah:

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Sunswipe posted:

Great, now I'm developing a fetish for women with goatees.
I'm pretty sure that's a child my goon.

Picnic Princess posted:

Hahahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Getting Mad At A Hiking Facebook Group Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close You Eyes Haha

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

thicker lips are hot because it's fun to imagine them around your dingus. it's not rocket science

https://twitter.com/StrongbowPower/status/745986215850184704

https://twitter.com/Daisy22Diaz/status/777919652101885952

https://twitter.com/KeithRass/status/436123943204696065

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
something about Keith's overall writing style (even apart from the spelling and grammar) makes me completely unsurprised that he's vaguebooking on Twitter of all places

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq3c4Cf1Fs&t=151s

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Picnic Princess posted:

There's not much drama in the outdoor community, but when there is, it's incredibly petty.

At the risk of irony overload, I disagree with the first half of this statement pretty strongly.

People in climbing or related disciplines fight like toddlers over literally everything. Maybe it's something to do with any of the added risk or technical factors, because hiking people seem pretty chill but people who are into backcountry inverted parachute skiing probably all hate each other.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Fair, that's totally true. I was more alluding to my particular local community, for the most part people here are incredibly nice and helpful. But every now and then people get nasty about having some kind of stupid hill to die on.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The proper name for "rocket signs" is decnals.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

Fair, that's totally true. I was more alluding to my particular local community, for the most part people here are incredibly nice and helpful. But every now and then people get nasty about having some kind of stupid hill to die on.

Which you'd think they'd want to avoid, given their hobby.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A funny thing I like to do is when I have cause to use that phrase, instead say "It's not Rocket Surgery".

Yes, I am an annoying arsehole. No, I am not sorry.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BrigadierSensible posted:

A funny thing I like to do is when I have cause to use that phrase, instead say "It's not Rocket Surgery".

My roommate does that 100% of the time, such that the original phrase is not even on the table anymore. When talking to someone who isn't a Simpsons fan or just isn't ready for weird wordplay, it just ends up being disorienting.

Another friend did the same with "we'll burn that bridge when we get to it".

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Rocket Scientology

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The saying "don't teach your father how to gently caress" is "älä opeta isääs nussimaa" in Finnish but one time I accidentally said "älä ruppe isääs nussimaa" ("don't start loving your father") and I think it's very good advice so now I use that one instead exclusively. Welp that was my annoying saying story god bless.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THNPmhBl-8I
This discussion is... not exactly brain surgery is it?

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Data Graham posted:

"we'll burn that bridge when we get to it".

I do this entirely on purpose just to see who notices

nobody ever does :saddowns:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

TheKennedys posted:

I do this entirely on purpose just to see who notices

nobody ever does :saddowns:
I've been saying it for years myself. My mom, at least, gets a good chuckle out of it :shobon:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Does the Pope poo poo in the woods?

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

Someone on my FB just shared this completely unironically and it caught me off-guard because I looked at it thinking it'd be one of those parody versions floating around but nope, it's the real deal. I wanted to reply with one of said parody versions, but couldn't find them and Google was entirely unhelpful. I just remember it had the words mixed around so it said stuff like "I EAT GUNS" or something.

Do people in the US see this sort of thing on FB a lot? I live in the UK, so I don't have very many Americans on my friends list outside of people I met online - in this case she was someone I used to know on a forum about 8 years ago, and is a mormon iirc. She always came off as a little odd.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Butt Detective posted:

Do people in the US see this sort of thing on FB a lot? I live in the UK, so I don't have very many Americans on my friends list outside of people I met online - in this case she was someone I used to know on a forum about 8 years ago, and is a mormon iirc. She always came off as a little odd.

Ohhhhh it would be a dream if I only saw that kind of thing on Facebook and not every time I go to a store or BBQ joint

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I AM
POLITICALLY CORRECT
I SAY
EID MUBARAK
DEATH TO USA
REPEAL THE 2ND AMENDMENT, CERTIFIED HALAL
BURN THE FLAG AND DEATH TO THE TROOPS
IF YOU AGREE WITH THIS
I LOVE YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Big Word posted:

I AM
POLITICALLY CORRECT
I SAY
EID MUBARAK
DEATH TO USA
REPEAL THE 2ND AMENDMENT, CERTIFIED HALAL
BURN THE FLAG AND DEATH TO THE TROOPS
IF YOU AGREE WITH THIS
I LOVE YOU

WORLD IS A gently caress
410,757,864,530 DEAD COPS

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

Peanut Butler posted:

Ohhhhh it would be a dream if I only saw that kind of thing on Facebook and not every time I go to a store or BBQ joint

It baffles me that these people will prattle on about how people are so easily offended these days and then turn around and get offended because some gay people wanted a wedding cake or idk, they looked at a movie poster and saw a main character that isn't white. I know it's not necessarily a thing exclusive to America, but these ~I don't care ur offended~ images almost always seem to be American in origin

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Nah brits are way into that stuff as well, except since we don't have the gun issue to obsess over we go all-in on the anti-islam dogwhistles instead. Australia has the whole Love It Or Leave It thing going on too. ALSO it is super duper interesting to me how the people who post that kind of poo poo are also extremely likely to have spent 2017 going off on one about "virtue signalling" imo, that's something that I'm interested in

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Data Graham posted:

My roommate does that 100% of the time, such that the original phrase is not even on the table anymore. When talking to someone who isn't a Simpsons fan or just isn't ready for weird wordplay, it just ends up being disorienting.

Another friend did the same with "we'll burn that bridge when we get to it".

Where I live, the phrase has become "it's not rocket scientist" because apparently the distinction between science and scientist is lost on many French people.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Zesty posted:

Does the Pope poo poo in the woods?

"Is a bear Catholic?"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I’ve been waiting patiently for the right opportunity to bust out

“That’s a nice hat....

FOR A CLOWN TO POOP ON”

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

[extremely nerds voice] Rage Against The Machine was better before they had to inject a bunch of politics into their work for no reason. I'm just here for the music. Why does everything have to be political all of a sudden

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Butt Detective posted:

Someone on my FB just shared this completely unironically and it caught me off-guard because I looked at it thinking it'd be one of those parody versions floating around but nope, it's the real deal. I wanted to reply with one of said parody versions, but couldn't find them and Google was entirely unhelpful. I just remember it had the words mixed around so it said stuff like "I EAT GUNS" or something.

What do people think politically correct actually means?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

“Nobody likes the jokes you make anymore”