Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

So the Saviours managed to regroup, apparently hire a bunch more goons to replace the hundreds they lost and then kick the poo poo out of everyone despite spending the past few episodes either blindly stumbling into ambush after ambush or sitting in their lovely factory-house?

Also, the episode was pretty much the same as the rest of the the season except it was night-time. Lot's of running around places with shooting and pointless explosions but not much actually happening.

Carl dying to a bite means that rick and Co. don't need to kill off any named Saviour as revenge so they can keep them around for another few seasons. They'll probably lock up Negan like in the comics and Rick will bargain with the rest of them to help tackle the real problem: the zombies. This will lead the show into The Whisperers plotline which will be a carbon copy of this this but with less guns because the SFX for that costs money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I will not be surprised if Carl survives, either from it actually being a Whisperer bite, random bullshit immunity or [other].

Facebook kindly spoiled that Carl was going to die in the trending sidebar before anyone in the UK could legally watch it, if I hadn't heavily suspected and if the show was still any good I would be really annoyed.

quote:

"The Walking Dead: Yes, they really did just kill him.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I haven't watched the episode but I flipped through it and lol at the house fireballs

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

It's bad

I had lower expectations than that dumpster and this show still managed to disappoint

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
My favorite wet fart moments of this episode:

"Did you find anything in that supply warehouse?"
"Other than the single RPG that I used to obliterate some rando Savior? Nah!"

and

"Let's go gently caress with the Seaside town again!"
*BANG BANG*
"Grandma!"

*WOMP WOMP*

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Satchel and Trunk posted:

"Let's go gently caress with the Seaside town again!"
*BANG BANG*
"Grandma!"

*WOMP WOMP*

Yeah, there was literally no point in that, or any of the trash people bits, or any of the Dwight/Eugene drama, or any of the "hey... it worked" drama, or the long drawn out shots of Coral limping around, or Jesus still trying to highroad Maggie, or her shooting the Saviour, or...

:psyduck:

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ive been reading reddit which is usually full of die hard walking dead fans and they seem all pretty pissed that carl is going to die. For a lot of them seeing comic stories play out on the show is a big draw and carl's death now makes it so a lot of future storylines will have to be remixed. Add to that the fact that Kirkman has said that the walking dead is Carl and Ricks story. So the show has alienated the die hard walking dead comic fans, probably not a huge segment of the audience but still your core group that buys poo poo, goes to cons, and gets their friends and family to watch the show.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
If they actually kill Carl that is p lol and stupid of them. Gonna have to re-write so much of the upcoming story then, but thankfully the TWD writers are masters of their craft and can spit out engaging scenes and storylines without even breaking sweat!

Much easier to just cast a older actor in the timeskip anyway. That's why i don't buy it, there's no way the TWD writers sat down and said "lets write our own giant complicated story from now on!" and if they did they need to stop smoking crack :lol:

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
There is another odd aspect of the bite. If it was a few days ago wouldn't carl be completely feverish/sick by this episode? I know it is always variable how fast people turn but they always get really sick before they turn and it seems like it happens within a day. Remember Jim?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

There was a timeskip flashforward thing that had Carl & Michonne in it earlier in the season, so I wouldn't put it past TWD writers to pull some bullshit like Carl's technically died twice already and came back to life so he's immune now

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'll just assume either he gonna die or a walker didn't bite him

poo poo maybe enid just gave him a monster hickey when blowing raspberries

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
However this is resolved, it's going to be terribly executed. Carl lives, Carl dies. It doesn't matter.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Im just at the point where you can literally not trust what is shown on this show due to both meta level gimmicks and also just straight up incompetence.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Do you think you can bite through clothing and leave a mark like that without tearing the actual clothing? If so would that prevent infection?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

At this point I would be happy if they just let him live. They need to mix it up a little. Just make him immune to the bite, or half zombie/human, or the next evolution of zombie and he actually died when he got shot in the head.

go full on Z nation and embrace the absurdity of what the show is about.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

There is another odd aspect of the bite. If it was a few days ago wouldn't carl be completely feverish/sick by this episode? I know it is always variable how fast people turn but they always get really sick before they turn and it seems like it happens within a day. Remember Jim?

Haven't the past... all episodes of this season literally all been the same day, the day they went to stack the Sanctuary? Or is that just their lovely editing making this show undecipherable?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
So Rick has a gun, but for some reason he's the one running away from Negan? Just get back in that house and shoot the bastard. And :lol: at how there was more emotion for lovely Andrea's death than Carl.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Varg posted:

There was a timeskip flashforward thing that had Carl & Michonne in it earlier in the season, so I wouldn't put it past TWD writers to pull some bullshit like Carl's technically died twice already and came back to life so he's immune now

Neither would I, but they did take to Talking Dead and state that Carl is only going to go one way. And judging by his EW interview the kid didn't seem all that happy as he's relocated and bought a house to be closer to production recently and they could've given him a heads up.

The only way I see them getting out of it is if this leads to some sort of end game for the show and has Carl surviving and hey everyone we have a cure/vaccination.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
He has commented on reddit.

Sypher
Feb 4, 2003

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

At the end of the episode he looked extremely pale/flushed. I would be surprised if he doesn't die. I am guessing this will set up an arch where both Rick and Negan are distraught about how their priorities are messed up. They will realize the true threat are zombies, not each other

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I liked this episode, fave bits in no particular order

The trash people just doing a full 180 NOPE when they came under fire.
Edan and Enid trying to make a good impression on Oceanside by shooting their leader in the face within 5 seconds of meeting them.
Michonne kissing Judith goodbye and then leaving her unsupervised by a lake - now THAT would have been a hard hitting death.

RIP Neil

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

TTerrible posted:

Chandler's post history shows he seems to be a pretty genuine and nice kid. Also, there's a bit of underhanded comments sprinkled here and there that seem to imply he knows the show has issues. Of everyone in the show if he decides to do more acting after this and college I'd be happy to give him a chance

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

TTerrible posted:

It's a pretty lovely thing to do to a kid after telling them yeah hey, you got another few years left to go yet. They must've known unless it was a genuinely last minute decision.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I bet he was bitten by a Whisperer

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

DrVenkman posted:

It's a pretty lovely thing to do to a kid
lol what? Who gives a poo poo?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hey so this war thing is still going on but havent the saviors been decimated? Rick and co have killed them by the hundreds and thrown a good 20 or 30 more into the hoosgow.

What the flip is going on?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Gortarius posted:

Hey so this war thing is still going on but havent the saviors been decimated? Rick and co have killed them by the hundreds and thrown a good 20 or 30 more into the hoosgow.

Personnel As The Plot Demands

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Gortarius posted:

A wizard did it. That's your answer for everything, including for why the zombie plague broke out. I know they were gonna gun for the angle of the why doesn't matter, just the what, kind of like the chicken and the egg, but seriously, a return to form with the zombies would be a hell of a lot more fun than the same circlejerk they've been going for the past several seasons, not even getting into how Negan's debut is everything that's wrong with this show current writing philosophy.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

JossiRossi posted:

Chandler's post history shows he seems to be a pretty genuine and nice kid. Also, there's a bit of underhanded comments sprinkled here and there that seem to imply he knows the show has issues. Of everyone in the show if he decides to do more acting after this and college I'd be happy to give him a chance

Really, I don't blame the actors for the faults with this show. Mind you not all the performances are top notch, but the material is SO loving pathetic at this point, well you couldn't get anyone to really get much more out of it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
For only 19.99, you can own your own drat Straight, Back Seat Hillbilly

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
they did it in such a frustrating way. just dying via random zombie bite? at least have him get lit up in the firebombing or something, so there’s some personal stakes to this conflict

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Hahahaha that "Ezekiel, no" loving Jesus Christ they're so done with this

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I kinda hope they go for a 'Carl is immune!' angle, not because I care about the character at all (who does?), but because 'he is immune lets find a cure!' might give the show a new narrative push it really, reeealllly needs.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Kids going to college so it's probably not a fake out.

Then again it's Walking Dead so, gently caress this show.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think they're trying to do some dumb poetry with all the faces at the end to rhyme with the time they all did smilie selfies

http://i.imgur.com/xFxhMIc.gifv

Except this time the editor found out there was a fade transition

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I think carl quit the show because the writers wanted to give him a haircut

Also this show is 90% moping around and 10% "action" scenes where plot armor takes away all the tension. I'm just realizing this now.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Is this a wet fart attempt to copy the “Is Jon Snow actually dead” hysteria?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

DrVenkman posted:

It's a pretty lovely thing to do to a kid after telling them yeah hey, you got another few years left to go yet. They must've known unless it was a genuinely last minute decision.

He posted to the TWD subreddit five months ago about his new house in Georgia being up for rent. People have only just realised what it meant. :v:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I tried watching the finale a few minutes ago, and I quit about 15 minutes in. Walking flashbacks and loading/unloading a truck is too boring even for background scenery.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Carl was alive in the flashforward but you dont see his face and rick had the comic book walking stick. Hes gonna live, then get recast. I too bet its a whisperer bite/saddiqcarl end war ploy/bullet took out the part of the brain that turns you into a zombie so carl is immune! Thanks ron!