Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

nightwisher posted:

Uhh

Those phys as extra ele mods are global

It doesnt need dps

Wait, what? No loving way. That would be completely broken as a stat stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The poster tested it apparently, and it works globally. So it's basically Princess/Temp Steel on steroids.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
That is absolutely bonkers insane.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

McFrugal posted:

Wait, what? No loving way. That would be completely broken as a stat stick.

Don't you remember? This is the patch where they nerfed everything into the ground.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

I want to see more shaper/elder item stats so I can sorta know what to expect from them.

Is there a site that lists all the possible affixs?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Does anyone have a shrapnel shot tree I can have a look at?

I found this one, but a second opinion is always good.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2041409?utm_source=gameclient&utm_medium=motd&utm_campaign=motd

quote:

By the way, we've received a lot of feedback about the difficulty of the rare bats that spawn from the Abyss cracks. We've looked at what the problem is and we believe that it derives from the Lightless Grubs that are spawned by Pitworms. We'll be improving this by making it so that grubs no longer have 'spirits'.

If tougher Abyss monsters die near an Abyss rare that doesn't have full spirit charges, then they gain a spirit charge from the monster. Because grubs can be spawned by the Pitworms indefinitely this means the usually limited resource of souls was being granted over and over by repeatedly spawning worms. This means that the bats could dive repeatedly, healing repeatedly as all Abyss Rares have the same stat as the Abyss Helmet where they recover some life when they expend a spirit charge.

We're also adding a short cooldown to the spirit-spending dive skill to reduce how frequently it can be used even when there are lots of spirits being absorbed.

Additionally, we also have some visual improvements coming for Abysses in low-light scenarios. We will also be adding better signaling for when a crack starts moving again. We don't have an estimate date for the visual changes yet, but the other changes listed above should be live within a day.

We're keeping track of all other feedback and bug reports and will be patching hotfixes throughout the week. We hope that you're otherwise enjoying the Abyss League and all the new content! Don't forget that you can still participate in Twitch Drops and get a free helmet skin until the end of this week. For more information on how to participate, click here.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

NPR Journalizard posted:

I used this for my starter build in Harbinger: https://pastebin.com/DuZbkXVS
I didn't actually reach level 90 though.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
I got a belly and one of these off the same abyss trove

and then an exalt about 2 minutes later

off to a nice start :)

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Fister Roboto posted:

Busto's Collar

:laffo:

Elephants posted:

Please invite HughJashol if there is still room!

Not sure if you got in, but the guild is currently full.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Easiest one to scale is just Doomfletch Prism on your basic Pathfinder tree, with chance to bleed, Ele dam, conc effect, phys proj and mirage archer as well as two Collateral Damage and using a Drillneck to take advantage of the fact Shrapnel Shot always pierces, giving you a ton of bonus damage. Slam anything with added phys into a Stygian Belt and any sockets you can find leftover from the two for collateral damage and you're good to go.

It'll be low on health, so bring a decoy totem for mobs to blurf on.

Mathil did a one for Legacy that looked like this, though his used a Lioneye's Fall jewel in the far right socket to pick up the Claw nodes and convert those to bow, plus it's not been update for the new skill tree apart from moving the Vaal pact:

http://poeurl.com/bhsC

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I went harder this weekend than I have in a long time, gently caress I'm tired today. The league owns insanely hard. Highlight is doing my first abyss mage encounter in the depths and finding a lightpoacher :hehe:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
The strangest thing happened.... i decided to plow through another character levelling session, frost blade molten strike and suddenly im having fun again!

i just cant find out how to open up the oasis thats blocked by the sandstorm...

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Talk to Sin, talk to the twins.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Specters bulls going well so far. They are totems that move themselves!

I'm worried about boss damage though.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

euphronius posted:

Specters bulls going well so far. They are totems that move themselves!

I'm worried about boss damage though.

Its really quite good if you can be bothered to swap gmp for slower projectiles.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ok .

It's kind of nuts how effective elemental equilibrium with cast curse on hit ball lighting is. I should have been doing that with my old flame totem guys .

Or does it not work with the second totem node.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure it works without doing any damage, it's like curse on hit right?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Nah doesn't work without damage

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I love this league :aaa:
https://gyazo.com/a1f7e3387c79966108ab854d9ba3164d

lonter
Oct 12, 2012
I made a ranger usign a build i picked at random , with Frost blades. Appearently i need this "Molten Strike" too, what's a cheasy build I can use?

How did they do this?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Ok I'm ready to give this another shot, but I don't want to fumble around uselessly picking a build. Anyone got a good shadow build?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lonter posted:

How did they do this?

The background is a mask to a texture, that texture is offset on the x and y axes by elapsed Time since the application started. The texture coordinates are based on the pixel position on the screen rather than being relative to the object, so the masks all share the background image in the same position as if they're Stan's shirt from Monkey Island.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

lonter posted:

How did they do this?

The shader for 'celestial' effects or whatever you wanna call 'em uses a mask to render the stars as a texture that only applies to areas being masked. Think of it as the sky effect being a big seamless texture that's constantly moving, and anything drawn to the mask is punching a hole to the texture, so when you move the celestial object it moves the hole you're viewing through across the texture.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

Vasudus posted:

Talk to Sin, talk to the twins.

Wait, are they lovers, or twins?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
The twins are Tasuni and whatever the old lady is I think. Not Pet whatever and Vanja.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

lonter posted:

I made a ranger usign a build i picked at random , with Frost blades. Appearently i need this "Molten Strike" too, what's a cheasy build I can use?

How did they do this?

The background is a large texture from which the item icon picks a small chunk depending on it's coordinates on the screen and time (for the scrolling).

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
For my spectre/skeleton summoner brothers I highly, highly recommend a Baelfire mainhand. It costs a chaos and gives you a level 25(!!!) scorching ray. Socket it with totem, efocus, and burn damage. I run EE and double curses, and with full stacks of SR a mob has potentially -157 to fire resistance. poo poo is crazy yo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are the totem spectres only worth running if you have the shield to give them two totems?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

euphronius posted:

Are the totem spectres only worth running if you have the shield to give them two totems?

I think they patched that.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Yolomon Wayne posted:

The strangest thing happened.... i decided to plow through another character levelling session, frost blade molten strike and suddenly im having fun again!

i just cant find out how to open up the oasis thats blocked by the sandstorm...

Go back to town and talk to Sin

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm using VP and Damage on Full Life following some build I saw and sometimes my HP just won't top off even leaching inside packs of mobs or using my health flasks, usually by very tiny amounts like pictured.

Am I missing something or is it bugged out? Usually I wouldn't notice/care much about that but for once I AM using a Damage on Full Life support

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frajaq posted:

I'm using VP and Damage on Full Life following some build I saw and sometimes my HP just won't top off even leaching inside packs of mobs or using my health flasks, usually by very tiny amounts like pictured.

Am I missing something or is it bugged out? Usually I wouldn't notice/care much about that but for once I AM using a Damage on Full Life support

Do you have Blood Rage anywhere?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

frajaq posted:

IIRC its a client display bug.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Vasudus posted:

For my spectre/skeleton summoner brothers I highly, highly recommend a Baelfire mainhand. It costs a chaos and gives you a level 25(!!!) scorching ray. Socket it with totem, efocus, and burn damage. I run EE and double curses, and with full stacks of SR a mob has potentially -157 to fire resistance. poo poo is crazy yo.

What do I look like I'm made outta sockets here?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

frajaq posted:

honestly unless youre slayer I wouldnt use that combination anymore, VP leaves too much open now

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is honestly the most fun I've ever had with PoE since the beta. I love this league.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

frajaq posted:

I'm a slayer with VP and it still seems active even with blood rage active but I'll double check later.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Is Curse on Hit bugged or something? My Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + Poacher's Mark is not working at the moment and I'm wondering what I'm missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I'm doing MoM Trickster ED/Contagion and it's fun as gently caress. I came into a jeweller's touch and now I have to choose a chest armor but I'm seeing so many options. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know if flat added chaos to spells affects my damage? Doesn't seem like it would.