Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dave on UPF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[perfect Lang impression] Godlike.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
came here to post this

In Training posted:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

godly

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

The hoop god

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

i think they mentioned in either bomb/beast cast this past week that since pubg was planned to come out in december as they were going into deliberations that they would treat pubg as a december release and then rescind the "no early access games" rule in 2018 because that rule doesn't make sense anymore in this day and age

But then you run into the problem of an early access game launching and being cool and showing promise and then being completely ruined, and you're sitting there with a turd in your hands telling people that at the time it was the most delicious hot dog you've ever tasted

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/PackBenPack/status/939355742687059969

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

gently caress early access games and gently caress valve

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
imo the game came out when they charged $30 for it and should be judged accordingly

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Dutchy posted:

imo the game came out when they charged $30 for it and should be judged accordingly

hi jeff

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
dan said ascii as "a s c two i"

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Yeah dan rules

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm listening to the last 2009 GOTY cast and it's a trip

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Someone, I think Jeff, is just straight up tearing into a bag of chips on mic while they debate Arkham Asylum vs Uncharted 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Someone, I think Jeff, is just straight up tearing into a bag of chips on mic while they debate Arkham Asylum vs Uncharted 2

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i should go back and listen to the Skyrim v Saints Row year I dont think i ever heard it but they bring it up like every year.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That was 2011 and I'm still mad.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
I'll never get over Patrick claiming in the 2012 GOTY casts that the Ubisoft game ZombiU proves that Dark Souls combat is a viable choice for developers.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ovo posted:

I'll never get over Patrick claiming in the 2012 GOTY casts that the Ubisoft game ZombiU proves that Dark Souls combat is a viable choice for developers.

i was just thinking of that today because he also said zombiu made monster hunter make sense to him

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

In Training posted:

i should go back and listen to the Skyrim v Saints Row year I dont think i ever heard it but they bring it up like every year.

That one is peak Jeff digging his heels while Brad does that thing where he says "it might be the best ______ type game ever made".

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i was just thinking of that today because he also said zombiu made monster hunter make sense to him

lol

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Skyrim is substantially better than Saints Row, a game that gets by on its few jokes that haven't aged like wet garbage. Lmao there's a Whored Mode, get it?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i was kinda shocked when i played saints row 3 after listening to that and nearly every funny thing they raved about was in the first 10 minutes of the game

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The Mario Maker vs Metal Gear Solid V debate was the struggle for me because i never understood how only Jeff and Dan got into Mario Maker and no one else, its so loving good

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

Skyrim is substantially better than Saints Row, a game that gets by on its few jokes that haven't aged like wet garbage. Lmao there's a Whored Mode, get it?

SR3 hasn't aged well at all but Skyrim was never good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if skyrim is so bad why did it get a switch rerelease in 2017?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

The Mario Maker vs Metal Gear Solid V debate was the struggle for me because i never understood how only Jeff and Dan got into Mario Maker and no one else, its so loving good

I like how Brad didn't go to bat for Bloodborne at all even thought its like one of the only games he's plat'd. I forget if it even got ranked

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

vaginal facsimile posted:

I like how Brad didn't go to bat for Bloodborne at all even thought its like one of the only games he's plat'd. I forget if it even got ranked

It didn't make the cut because everyone agreed it was an ugly game

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
They should include pubg this year regardless if it’s technically released. Some arbitrary point release shouldn’t really define how they include these games, and it’s pretty clear that pubg has solidly been a 2017 phenomenon.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

causticBeet posted:

They should include pubg this year regardless if it’s technically released. Some arbitrary point release shouldn’t really define how they include these games, and it’s pretty clear that pubg has solidly been a 2017 phenomenon.

otoh its a wiener game

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

elf help book posted:

otoh its a wiener game

Yeah it will be interesting how GB rates it - they clearly had a ton of fun playing it but it’s broken in a lot of ways. I enjoyed it a bunch but haven’t played in a while, I’ve heard some hacking has become more prevalent which could really hurt it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Expect My Mom posted:

I remember brad complaining endlessly about how it was a fatal flaw that you had to use resources outside the game to find the best levels and then Austin jumped in with "well then I hope you never want to put another dark souls game on these lists"

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

SR3 hasn't aged well at all but Skyrim was never good
sr3 was a disappointment from the get go compared to sr2, so it's no surprise to me they loved it because everyone there hates sr2 for whatever reason. i think jeff even likes sr1 the most???

Tender Bender posted:

I remember brad complaining endlessly about how it was a fatal flaw that you had to use resources outside the game to find the best levels and then Austin jumped in with "well then I hope you never want to put another dark souls game on these lists"
lmao

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Tender Bender posted:

lmafo austin rules

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Austin was ruthless in GOTY because he actually debated instead of saying his peace about something then dropping it. Dude got Anno on the Best Clicker game category

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Saints Row is the Scary Movie of video games

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Ovo posted:

elf help book posted:

Hahaha wtf

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i forgot zombiu even existed

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Waypoint have promised an in depth retrospective on ZombiU in January

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

i forgot zombiu even existed

got some brief acclaim as One Of The Two Launch WiiU Games and i think when they ported it over to other stuff no one even talked about it