Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Is the Super Robot Wars card game really that big in Japan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Yeah, it's basically SRW EX by Terada's description.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Policenaut posted:

Insert Yugioh joke.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I don’t remember seeing SRW cards in the TCG section of hobby stores here, but I wasn’t really paying attention.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Same. I'm a TCG junkie and I was always buying up whatever random crap each of my local card shops had and I never saw a single pack of SRW. Closest I ever saw was the Gundam TCG.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Policenaut posted:

I was joking with a friend that the dark horse entry would be Yugi, Joey, and Tristan piloting the three components of the XYZ Dragon Cannon.

edit: also Kaiba pilots the Blue Eyes White Dragon jet from the movie

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Oh wait I guess the TCG is new? Like it just started from V. In fact the TCG itself is named after V. Are they going to make a new one for each game now or are they going to add to the V one? Weird.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Pureauthor posted:

Someone tell me about Buddy Complex and Wataru, please.

Buddy Complex has a villain who is as unlikable but more pathetic than Embryo and I can't wait to watch him get dunked on by the entire cast (in fact I'm expecting him and Embryo to both get taken down in the same stage just so the dunks can be combined).

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Dec 11, 2017

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Holy crap after having actually looked at the card game, apparently the SRW stuff is part of a bigger meta game called Crusade, which is basically like Weiss Schwarz except mainly for mecha anime.

http://www.carddass.com/crusade/

So it's a card game where you collect cards from your favorite anime series and battle them out against each other. They've got a lot of cool series. I want the Sakura Taisen set. All of it.

Edit: So you've got a game where JoJo, the YuYu Hakusho folks and Seiya can punch out SRW mechs.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Here you go guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbXN8-eIqhM

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yay!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well I'm sad that there's no IBO, but Zero, Ange, and Gaine being back is nice. Hopefully Beltorchika's Children means we get a playable Nightingale at some point. Not having Xi and Penelope back kinda blows too.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

I'm really interested to see if they do anything with Cross Ange now that the "play it mostly straight the first time" immunity is gone.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Irisize posted:

I'm really interested to see if they do anything with Cross Ange now that the "play it mostly straight the first time" immunity is gone.

On one hand, I want to see if its units only with Cross Ange (well, just give me Ange and the Vilkiss, everyone else can kick rocks).

On the other hand, I do want to see how badly the villains in this game can dunk on Embyro (especially now that the Anti-Spirals might be involved).

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's a shame the English release is nearly a full month after the Japanese one, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose. I'm still glad we're getting this translated at all.

Gives me some extra time to watch through Nadia and Dunbine anyways.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Slightly worried

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

MechaX posted:

On one hand, I want to see if its units only with Cross Ange (well, just give me Ange and the Vilkiss, everyone else can kick rocks).

On the other hand, I do want to see how badly the villains in this game can dunk on Embyro (especially now that the Anti-Spirals might be involved).

Hokuto posted:

Mech-only inclusions: New Story of Dunbine, CCA Beltochika's Children, Crossbone Gundam Gotetsu no Shichinin, Mazinkaiser Original, and Mazinger Zero vs. Ankoku Daishogun

So let's hope for Embryo being made a fool of.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

MechaX posted:

Simon: "If we don't stop evolving, more people like him will end up existing!"
AS: "Your logic is infallible."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davzz posted:

Slightly worried

the video subs are always terrible. they were bad for v too. they banged them out in 20 minutes.

MechaX posted:

what do you have against lesbian that wants to end the world, dragon girl that loves candy and grenades, and sayaka from madoka magica

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Here's an addendum English video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emb58723cQM

Edit: This video has actual English in-game battle text screenshots, and not these inserted subs in the PV

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Dec 11, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

MechaX posted:

Sala needs to be playable from the start :colbert:

Also I didn't recognize Wataru and it through me through a loop since I did kind of recognize the mech.

oh god drat it

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Sala needs to be playable from the start :colbert:

Also I didn't recognize Wataru and it through me through a loop since I did kind of recognize the mech.

oh god drat it

Ah, I see it got the Dragon Quest->Dragon Warrior treatment

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Dammit I’m such a TCG junkie that my biggest takeaway from this morning is the existence of a card game where you can make a deck with all the SRW V and OG folks plus MKR and Sakura Taisen. And I’m taking the news that this card game stops production in March bizarrely well because nothing is cheaper than a card game no one plays anymore. Someone should be trade buddies with me and let’s collect our SRW dream roster.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I just noticed...there was no sign of any original character for the game in the trailer. Is that normal for the first trailer? I honestly can't remember.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hunter Noventa posted:

I just noticed...there was no sign of any original character for the game in the trailer. Is that normal for the first trailer? I honestly can't remember.

Yeah, that's normal for reveal trailers.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You know...

I wonder if G-Reco units are going to be pilotable by UC units and vice-versa? Obviously G-Self (and obviously a few others like G-Lucifer) are going to be pilot locked but there's not actually any real reason you shouldn't be able to give Amuro the Mack Knife or Klim Nick the Hi-Nu Gundam (besides NT levels obviously) really, especially since Turn-A set the precedent.

Also god drat but some of the G-Reco units are going to be busted as poo poo. G-Lucifer is going to be insane.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

You know...

I wonder if G-Reco units are going to be pilotable by UC units and vice-versa? Obviously G-Self (and obviously a few others like G-Lucifer) are going to be pilot locked but there's not actually any real reason you shouldn't be able to give Amuro the Mack Knife or Klim Nick the Hi-Nu Gundam (besides NT levels obviously) really, especially since Turn-A set the precedent.

Also god drat but some of the G-Reco units are going to be busted as poo poo. G-Lucifer is going to be insane.

Why would the lucifer be pilot locked?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Droyer posted:

Why would the lucifer be pilot locked?

It's a two-pilot unit that isn't a combiner. It's not impossible for them to make it work but usually they just settle on not allowing it. If they full-on Super Gundam it then getting what amounts to a two-person Turn-A Gundam co-piloted by Camille and Fa is going to be goddamn batshit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder if Mask will be playable

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder if Mask will be playable

My best on safe playables:
Bellri and Aida obviously for sure.
Raraya and later Noredo when Raraya gets G-Lucifer
Klim and Mick
Luin and Manny, possibly as secret recruits.
The Megafauna

Characters like Barara, Dellensen, and the G-IT Folks all could go either way as far as recruiting goes. Lesser folks like Kerbes could be attack animation'd or they could be their own crappy units based off how they handled Cross Ange. Getting a Recsnow would be hilarious but basically worthless.

Edit:

Real question: Who is going to be more broken, Ange or Kallen?

Double Edit:
Typing out G-Reco character names makes you look like you're having a seizure sometimes.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Dec 11, 2017

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Is Nadia going to be the first time they have a series where the main character doesn’t pilot anything capable of combat?

Edit: holy crap the SRW V tcg is $7 for a box of 150 cards. I’m buying this poo poo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Getsuya posted:

Is Nadia going to be the first time they have a series where the main character doesn’t pilot anything capable of combat?

Depends on what you qualify as main character but Escaflowne was already in.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I can't wait to see all those goofy G-Self add-ons. I'm sure most will just be attacks but I really want a whole Nadesico situation where I've got 5 forms to choose from.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

It's a two-pilot unit that isn't a combiner. It's not impossible for them to make it work but usually they just settle on not allowing it. If they full-on Super Gundam it then getting what amounts to a two-person Turn-A Gundam co-piloted by Camille and Fa is going to be goddamn batshit.

Dunbine units are all two-pilot units that aren't combiners. We'll likely get to pass around Cham between them like UX and BX.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Grungust Type 3 is a two pilot unit with swappable pilots that is only a combiner in the most technical sense. Series list is good, wanna see the OGs, Masaki made me flip. Its good.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Really hoping for another W where they actually think up a consistent single-world plot to encompass all the series.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
It would be nice to go back to a real combined world thing instead of Other Dimensions All The Time, but considering the setup for two of the series is "fell through a hole from another world" I doubt it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the main thing im curious about is the geass r2 crew. how will they handle suzaku since they've done that differently every game geass has been in, will they even bother with todoh (probably) and his two cronies (probably just attack call-ins), will rolo and orange be playable (maybe, probably), what about gino and anya (my money's on them being call-ins for suzaku), will they even mention the china subplot (probably not), will they finally give us what we all deserve, playable cornelia (god willing)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

the main thing im curious about is the geass r2 crew. how will they handle suzaku since they've done that differently every game geass has been in, will they even bother with todoh (probably) and his two cronies (probably just attack call-ins), will rolo and orange be playable (maybe, probably), what about gino and anya (my money's on them being call-ins for suzaku), will they even mention the china subplot (probably not), will they finally give us what we all deserve, playable cornelia (god willing)

Orange was who Kallen was fighting in the trailer so odds are pretty good on him at least. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a post-series-with-bits-of-plot-stapled-on thing though.

.. poo poo, I just realized, we escaped Gundam SEED again! Which I am almost sad about because they were goddamn hilarious with the Cross Ange cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I hope CC has her pink mech again like she did in Z2, even though she piloted it for all of five seconds of screentime in the actual show. Honestly, the entire Geass + VOTOMS stuff at the start of Z2.2 is the most interesting part of the entire Z franchise to me. It's really low-powered, CC is taking an active combat role, there's so few characters that even the random side-side villains from VOTOMs get actual lines. It's fun.

ImpAtom posted:

Orange was who Kallen was fighting in the trailer so odds are pretty good on him at least. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a post-series-with-bits-of-plot-stapled-on thing though.

.. poo poo, I just realized, we escaped Gundam SEED again! Which I am almost sad about because they were goddamn hilarious with the Cross Ange cast.
Only reason I'm thinking it's not post-series is one of the promotional bits of art had the Shinkirou on it. If they were doing post-series, I'd think 'the actual canon ending' would be a more interesting thing to play with, since you'd have Suzaku pretending to be Zero and stuff. Though I guess they could go with the canon ending and either have Suzaku in the Shinkirou or have Lelouch come out of nowhere at stage 50 going 'surprise'

• Locked thread