Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Oh for gently caress sakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
My dad who was really stuck-up Christian in the 90s decided it would be a great idea to take his 7-year old son to see Starship Troopers.

What a film

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I thought Starship Troopers was early 00s.

That's another classic 90s Sci Fi film.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

My dad who was really stuck-up Christian in the 90s decided it would be a great idea to take his 7-year old son to see Starship Troopers.

What a film

What was his reaction during the co ed showers

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

What was his reaction during the co ed showers

I remember what my reaction was.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Was it a sphere

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Showgirls is definitely my film of the 90s. It has everything.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of the 90s Toyota apparently had a project underway in 1992-1993 but details seem to be really scarce. It was aborted rapidly from what it seems.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

What a film

Cool dad.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Human Grand Prix posted:

Speaking of the 90s Toyota apparently had a project underway in 1992-1993 but details seem to be really scarce. It was aborted rapidly from what it seems.

I believe this is what you're referencing: http://www.mulsannescorner.com/tomlumpy.html

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Very cool! But from what I understand it was an F1 project.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I remember what my erection was.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Williams is a loving disgrace. Another loving pay driver?

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/133521/sirotkin-favourite-to-get-2018-williams-drive

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Well when their options are Bobby Cube and a bunch of other poo poo houses (Di Resta, Kvyat) this isn't that bad.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Lmao.

Wasn't there some chat that Kubica coming back to F1 would've invalidated his F1 career ending insurance payout?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Not to disparage Big Bob Kubicon but apparently he can't handle it any more.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

This sport is dead and gay.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Lmao.

Wasn't there some chat that Kubica coming back to F1 would've invalidated his F1 career ending insurance payout?

He would have to pay it back, and if Williams is asking for cash on top of that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Russian twink boy is supposedly offering $15mil which is as much as the Martini title sponsorship cash lmbo.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After they killed Senna Williams should have been banned IMO.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

It died with Senna, rip

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

GramCracker posted:

Get this. My girlfriend went to order me some stuff from the McLaren team store given they are having a fire sale of literally everything. She ordered one of those grey team “set up tees” that Nando and Stoff wear around the paddock and in interviews etc. The package arrived this morning and guess what the gently caress McLaren ended up mailing her - a loving Mercedes AMG Petronas LH 44 Polo shirt :wtc:

Like, how the gently caress did McLaren have that on hand and mail it?

LOL, perfect. I might be in for a Sauber coffee mug and Grosjean flag in the near future with the right dice roll!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Decision based purely on performance. So they are considering hiring a unproven Rookie?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Theophany posted:

Lmao.

It's not unprecedented. Didier Pirioni tried to make a comeback to F1 in the mid-80s but the same situation prevented him from returning.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

As much as I love Ferrari blowing championships in the home stretch I love how chronically mismanaged Williams is.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I remember when Claire introduced Stroll and claimed that it was performance based as well rip

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I remember when Claire introduced Stroll and claimed that it was performance based as well rip

Stroll very clearly was performance based, they're bringing in a pay driver to partner him.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

There is also financial performance, you know.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Williams could have very easily have gotten a works deal with an auto manufacturer in 2014 if they knocked on enough doors. And here we are today, last of the Mercedes engines teams.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

So is that it for the Kubica hopes, or is the Sirotkin "news" just the recent speculation?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Unless Bobby can find a few million dollars per year from someone yeah he is done in F1

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Looks like my av is staying relevant. RIP Bobby K

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Williams sucks

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Oh well, it may have been too much to hope for I guess. But yeah, gently caress Williams. It seems kind of tacky, seeing pay drivers in the (arguably) upper tier teams. Like in Sauber or Haas or whatever it doesn't stand out as much, but in a team that want to be seen as a WCC contender it's pretty sad.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Man, that motorcycle guy is why people hate motorcycle people. Why ride behind people revving your engine and yelling at them? Just get on with your day.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

CratSock posted:

Oh well, it may have been too much to hope for I guess. But yeah, gently caress Williams. It seems kind of tacky, seeing pay drivers in the (arguably) upper tier teams. Like in Sauber or Haas or whatever it doesn't stand out as much, but in a team that want to be seen as a WCC contender it's pretty sad.

Maybe if they didn't have a woman in charge they wouldn't spend all their money on cat toys and Michael Buble CDs

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Who out there is both available and genuinely fast? Because I think at least Renault would have given Kubica a seat if he still seemed like a top 10 driver so I suspect he falls more into the Di Resta/Kvyat tier of experienced drivers hanging out on the fringe of F1. I sort of don't know who Williams signs that they don't have to buy out from some other team.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Looking forward to the Strollposters claiming how impressive it was that Stroll finished ahead of Russian failboy Sirotkin in a single race next season.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Kvyat's good, he's just a loving liability that I don't think teams are willing to risk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bring back Vitaly Petrov

• Locked thread