Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Who out there is both available and genuinely fast? Because I think at least Renault would have given Kubica a seat if he still seemed like a top 10 driver so I suspect he falls more into the Di Resta/Kvyat tier of experienced drivers hanging out on the fringe of F1. I sort of don't know who Williams signs that they don't have to buy out from some other team.

F1 is such a specialized discipline that I doubt you could just grab somebody off the shelf and have them immediately be fast anymore. You have to be in a young driver program with a factory team and in their simulator by the time you hit F3 or you're basically hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Bring back Pastor Maldonado

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bring back Kvyat, and demote him a series every race so are Mad Max wins the WDC.

he should be back in karts by Brazil.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Who out there is both available and genuinely fast? Because I think at least Renault would have given Kubica a seat if he still seemed like a top 10 driver so I suspect he falls more into the Di Resta/Kvyat tier of experienced drivers hanging out on the fringe of F1. I sort of don't know who Williams signs that they don't have to buy out from some other team.

The only person I can think of who isn't accounted for is Newgarden but they'd A. have to pay more than Penske would (probably won't happen if it's Williams), B. he wouldn't exactly bring his own money with him (which is what Williams wants), and C. lol at F1 picking up someone from Indy at this point.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Boooooo. Going to have to think of a new toxx now.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

GramCracker posted:

The packing slip doesn't even have her name on it - it's for someone in South Hampton and we are in the USA. Lmbo.

Give me my Lewis polo back motherfucker

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Bring back Maldonado.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Jolyon "the Flash" Palmer

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
how come all of the f1 2017 "e """""""""""""sports"""""""""""""""" " drivers appear to be horribly deformed like they drove into a church wall or barrier or something

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
turn your monitor

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
now i see two

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

how come all of the f1 2017 "e """""""""""""sports"""""""""""""""" " drivers appear to be horribly deformed like they drove into a church wall or barrier or something

Gamers

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Hey yo, Wirth buddy. Are you ready to eat a fuckin' probe now your shitheel driver Thomas Hardy book of Williams drivers? The Williams Arm, if you will. Or is it the Wheeliams Arm, I forget how their curse works.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont understand that reference

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
lol gently caress williams lmao

Sad about Kubica.

Theophany, you Porsche Cayman denying anal fissue on this thread, you're eating a probation as well with di Resta not even in line for the seat.

Seal your lips around my anus and suck.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I guess it will fall to me to make up for the lack of shitposting.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's baffling that Williams lineup could actually be even worse next year.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I remember Sirotkin being generally unimpressive.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Just what formula one needs is more loving Russians

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

I hear Aleshin is without a ride.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

:suicide:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

The world doesn't even need more Russians let alone F1.

Jesus Christ gently caress Russians forever in all walks of life.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

I remember Sirotkin being generally unimpressive.

This is in the opening paragraph of his Wikipedia page lmbo

quote:

He was the 2011 Formula Abarth European Series champion.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ok, I'm going to say this here and now.

Ahem.

If Williams put a Russian next to Stroll I will become the biggest Stroll fan up until the Russian is gone or Stroll is gone whichever happens first. Henceforth, I will then become the supporter of whatever driver is now next to the Russian.

If two Russians occupy both seats at Williams I will stop supporting Williams entirely until one or both Russians are gone.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whatever happens with Williams i will still be a fan of Scuderia Ferrari, the greatest team in grand prix history

#forzaferrari

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
F1 is so bad they awarded frogboy best personality. Are Dan robbed again.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

Whatever happens with Williams i will still be a fan of Scuderia Ferrari, the greatest team in grand prix history

#forzaferrari

Argentina > Chile

#forzauruguay

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Halo14 posted:

wtf how did they come to that conclusion? loving pile of dog turds has more personality than Frogboy.

and more photogenic

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I guess it will fall to me to make up for the lack of shitposting.

*ahem*

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DoctorGonzo posted:

#forzaferrari

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Halo14 posted:

Are Nando should win every year

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

GramCracker posted:

Are Nando should win every year

He knows he's no.1 in our hearts.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
I'd you support Williams you support trump

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

Halo14 posted:

Never has a certain gif, starring our favorite F1 adjacent American boy Drew Scanlon, felt more appropriate:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/video-button-senna-mclaren-honda-motegi-987602/

This is great for when they're driving in the SuperGT car and they're doing the driver swap and Jenson comes back to specifically tell Vandoorne to slip teh clutch when pulling away as the car is difficult to pull off initially.... Stoffel either didn't hear him or just ignored him and stalled 3 times in a row lol

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Frogboy has oodles of Dutch support so he wins these fan things almost by default.
The Netherlands is a garbage country and Dutch is a garbage language but the people seem to be very proud of both.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I loving hate the Dutch, they're absolute garbage and have made no positive cultural contributions to society ever.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

I loving hate the Dutch, they're absolute garbage and have made no positive cultural contributions to society ever.

Ok Austin Powers.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
WILLIAMS 2018: SIR GAY “That Joke Would Be Illegal In His Country” SIROTKIN vs. LANCE “Avro Canada Arrow” STROLL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

What about gabber

• Locked thread