Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The only likable buc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

The only likable buc.

Warrick Dunn was pretty drat cool.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

Warrick Dunn was pretty drat cool.

:hellyeah:

Warrick Dunn ruled, I miss him. Freeman needs to watch some film of Warrick's to learn how to not take the abuse his little body is currently taking due to running style.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Dunn, McCoy, and Derrick Brooks are The Good Bucs.

Sam Mills, Steve Smith, Thomas Davis, and DeAngelo Williams are The Good Panthers.

There are no good Falcons.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dunn was a falcon :eng101:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

FizFashizzle posted:

Yup.

Also I would me remiss if I did not once again take this opportunity to thank Tampa for one Matthew Bryant.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

The Bucs press their cold nose on the window, watching through the glass as the other three brothers fight and wrestle and argue.

"One day." They whisper.

"One day I'll be in there too."

:sadwave:

*Bucs sit cozily in the Never Lost A Superbowl lounge, warm next to the fire*

Dammit, this doesn't work, the Saints haven't lost one either. Argh, we have nothing unique.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Dammit, this doesn't work, the Saints haven't lost one either. Argh, we have nothing unique.

Not to mention that fire is 14 years old now and is more smoldering embers holding on for dear life

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

weird Asian candy posted:

Not to mention that fire is 14 years old now and is more smoldering embers holding on for dear life

Rings are eternal.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

WampaLord posted:

*Won a Super Bowl knowing the calls and exactly what the other team was going to call

(Technically, this could apply to Rams/Patriots, but that be disputed.)

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

FizFashizzle posted:

While true, the only Good Falcons are players they stole from division rivals.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

*Won a Super Bowl knowing the calls and exactly what the other team was going to call

The real Super Bowl that year was the NFCCG and everyone knew it.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Rings are eternal.

Yea but at a certain point doesn't the value kinda begin to wear off? Asking for a friend.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sent from my iPad posted:

See Bobby Hebert, Morten Andersen, Joe Horn...

And Lance Moore. :D

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Yea but at a certain point doesn't the value kinda begin to wear off? Asking for a friend.

Look deep into your heart, for you know the true answer.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

See Bobby Hebert, Morten Andersen, Joe Horn...

And Lance Moore. :D

Ugh Joe Horn and Lance Moore as Falcons were just gross

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Look deep into your heart, for you know the true answer.

I feel like there is a statute of limitations for being smug about winning championships. Like Bear fans are still all smug and stupid and their superbowl win was like 32 years ago and they just sound pathetic.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I feel like there is a statute of limitations for being smug about winning championships. Like Bear fans are still all smug and stupid and their superbowl win was like 32 years ago and they just sound pathetic.

It's only smug against division rivals that have never won it. We can troll Panthers and Falcons fans, but what's the point of trolling Bucs fan?

"We won one and have never lost one at all."

"Us too!"

:hfive:

Considering the odds against winning a Super Bowl in any given year, any Super Bowl should be celebrated. How many teams have never won it at all (or even been to it?)

If I were 49ers fan or Cowboys fan, you bet your rear end I'd remember those 80s/90s wins fondly even if my team sucked now.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I agree but if its a division rival without one talking poo poo then it must be mentioned.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Considering the odds against winning a Super Bowl in any given year, any Super Bowl should be celebrated. How many teams have never won it at all (or even been to it?)

The Vikings joined the NFL in 1960 (16 entire years before the Bucs)

They have been to the Superbowl 4 times.

They have yet to win one.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

WampaLord posted:

Even the Browns stole our losing streak.

Also, gently caress Lance Moore.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

WampaLord posted:

The Vikings joined the NFL in 1960 (16 entire years before the Bucs)

They have been to the Superbowl 4 times.

They have yet to win one.

Insert sad Buffalo fan here.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

I agree but if its a division rival without one talking poo poo then it must be mentioned.

Ok, I can get behind this. Otherwise it seems utterly pointless and as I mentioned seemingly pathetic to brag about a game that was played decades ago. Again, I have no clue which is why I'm asking...I wish I could give an opinion on this :(

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Even the Browns stole our losing streak.

Also, gently caress Lance Moore.

Lions stole ours. No longer the worst team at 15 consecutive losses!
(god that season sucked. And we didn't even get the #1 pick!)

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

oldskool posted:

Lions stole ours. No longer the worst team at 15 consecutive losses!
(god that season sucked. And we didn't even get the #1 pick!)

Julius Peppers is a pretty sick consolation prize though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sent from my iPad posted:

Deion Sanders rules.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Bought some today, and I've heard it was addictive, but I had no idea. You truly can buy anything in the South.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Aguayo got released from Carolina's practice squad, which means he's halfway to making the complete circuit through the division! :downs:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Aguayo is going to end up like Ray Finkle.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
He’s going to become a woman?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Wait a minute.... What the... ... Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
*cue Crying Game*

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
It was weird that he got signed and it's weird that he's leaving. Football is weird!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

:getin:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/940785597656035328

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:yeah:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
lol, I hope he doesn't loving die. Is their line still trash?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

lol, I hope he doesn't loving die. Is their line still trash?

Who cares? It's better than Brett freaking Hundley under center. Giddy up and Go Pack Go!

e:

lol theyve allowed the 3rd most sacks in the league. yeesh

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol against a motivated julius peppers

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

omg the butt hurt. this is just pathetic.

https://www.saintsnewsnetwork.com/2017/12/10/nfls-treatment-of-saints-in-last-72-hours-needs-to-be-scrutinized-and-investigated/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

lol, saints goons itt said the eye poke looked like an accident, but the still image they put up in this article looks like Trufant just went to town on Thomas with a thumb-knife.

lol, the down judge on the lattimore interception? He was running out of the way! This article is delicious salt.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Dec 13, 2017

• Locked thread