Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Green Tea Erotica posted:

New Singularity, Iskandar's home for neglected children. DW pls

Only if Waver gets to be the beleaguered administrator trying to keeping the the place financially solvent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Iskandar's Home For Kids Who Can't King Good

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Oh Snapple! posted:

Iskandar's Home For Kids Who Can't King Good
He did gave saber a scornful lecture... with gil

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

How do reruns work? Can I grind out 5 copies of a welfare and buy the lovely special prison shop items?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

genericnick posted:

How do reruns work? Can I grind out 5 copies of a welfare and buy the lovely special prison shop items?

No, welfares don't give Rare Prisms. Only 4*s rolled from the gacha can do that. (and 5*s too if people really wanna burn 'em.)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tearstones are terrible to farm. Hope they're in the Xmas shop.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I have one rare prism and I have no idea where the heck it came from. No one seems to be missing, but :ohdear:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I actually laughed out loud when I was reading the translation of Tristan's interlude which we'll likely get in two years where Gawain and Mordred are talking and they're joking about some incident and it's strongly implied that the thing they're laughing about is the point in Mordred's rebellion where Gawain is slain by her. And they just laugh it off as a Knights of the Round Table joke. Like, what?

The KotRT are the best, and even though I want Lancelot Saber over any of the rest of them, I'll be perfectly happy with any of them.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Oh that Mordred! *sitcom audience laugh*

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Think of it as Megumin blowing up Kazuma with explosion as par for the course a la Konosuba.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I mean I think at this point we can definitely say that Arturia made some questionable decisions as king.

Also I've just realized that I've actually got a saberface now, with Santa Alter. I probably should confine her to the Second Archive before she starts multiplying.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Crasical posted:

Also I've just realized that I've actually got a saberface now, with Santa Alter. I probably should confine her to the Second Archive before she starts multiplying.

Just don't feed her after midnight and you should be fine.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Crasical posted:

I mean I think at this point we can definitely say that Arturia made some questionable decisions as king.

Not really? I mean, the entire point of Artoria's issues, and the whole Lancelot and Mordred messes, is that she was effectively a robot as king, making the optimally best decisions for everything, emotions be damned. Mordred was not, and never would be, suitable king material, so in that sense Artoria was never going to recognize her as an heir - it was simply illogical. Mordred throwing a giant bloody tantrum over the issue kind of validates the point too, even if some banal platitudes earlier on might have headed it off, or at least delayed it.

So it's not that she made questionable decisions, so much that not everyone under her could take the same emotionless viewpoint, even as they recognized the value of them.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Just don't feed her after midnight and you should be fine.

Don't make the saberfaces sad

https://twitter.com/_club_3/status/927102951390248960

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

Mordred throwing a giant bloody tantrum over the issue kind of validates the point too, even if some banal platitudes earlier on might have headed it off, or at least delayed it.
yeah idk why that brat had a metldown because the one person she'd ever loved rejected her completely. how immature.

even if she couldn't recognize her as heir, just treating mordred like a person would have solved it. that's the entire point of the fall of camelot and artoria's faults - her actions were flawed from the beginning because she never once considered how people feel, even though how people feel is something that motivates them and causes them to do things far more than any kind of objective logic. failing to recognize that basic fact means every decision she makes is wrong.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

An Arthurian story ends in tragedy? Who could have foreseen such a thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a kitten posted:

An Arthurian story ends in tragedy? Who could have foreseen such a thing.

who are you replying to and why

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I was just commenting in general. I apologise if it seemed snarky or if I was trying to butt in, or stop discussion or anything like that.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Crasical posted:

On the contrary, she made the perfect and emotionaless machine decision. The best choice as a king who serve. A choice that isolate her from others who can only see her as perfect and righteous figure. What She failed was being a father and a husband, that’s why her wife and son are the one who betrayed him. Plus lancerlot because wasted waifu is a shame.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
God Artoria is so perfect. Just buff her DW, come on, make her the perfect waifu in deed as well as fact.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Artoria is.....Boring.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Please call her by her actual cool and good real name Altria you guys.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nyaa posted:

On the contrary, she made the perfect and emotionaless machine decision. The best choice as a king who serve. A choice that isolate her from others who can only see her as perfect and righteous figure. What She failed was being a father and a husband, that’s why her wife and son are the one who betrayed him. Plus lancerlot because wasted waifu is a shame.

Except, as Crusader Kings taught us, managing the interpersonal relations of your vassals is 90% of the job of an early middle age king.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

yeah idk why that brat had a metldown because the one person she'd ever loved rejected her completely. how immature.

even if she couldn't recognize her as heir, just treating mordred like a person would have solved it. that's the entire point of the fall of camelot and artoria's faults - her actions were flawed from the beginning because she never once considered how people feel, even though how people feel is something that motivates them and causes them to do things far more than any kind of objective logic. failing to recognize that basic fact means every decision she makes is wrong.

Good thing the original post was about her making poor decisions as a king then. Which she didn't, because the absolute last thing you want in a ruler is making their decisions due to emotions. She was literally the perfect king. As a person though, of course Artoria was massively flawed, in that she was incapable of separating out how she acted as a king and how she acted as a person - though the two biggest decisions relating to her personal life also requiring answers that involved her authority as a ruler certainly didn't help (Mordred in general and Lancelot's betrayal).

And funny thing about Mordred, her entire worship of Artoria was tied into Artoria being the "perfect king," and how Mordred was clearly her worthy successor. Or, to toss in a quote, "While not a proper human being, sharing the same blood as the King, being the "son" of a superior king, she was proud of the fact that she was not human. She felt that in name, reality, mind, and body that she was fit to be the true successor of the King of Knights." So, given Mordred's extremely volatile and mercurial temper, in fact any kind of acknowledgement of her that didn't include "and you're totally worthy of being my heir too," would be an extremely fine line to tread to not trigger her anger, even without Artoria's own emotional issues.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dragonturtle posted:

Please call her by her actual cool and good real name Altria you guys.
even anime news network, the only place in the world na fgo actually pays for marketing, uses artoria.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Mordred happily agreed to burn away her life to Lion King who told to her face that she'd just be her attack dog.
Mordred is really starved for dad-attention.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Endorph posted:

even anime news network, the only place in the world na fgo actually pays for marketing, uses artoria.

Extella uses Artoria too. They mentioned that they were essentially forced to use Altria by the higher ups despite having told them that she is much more familiar to westerners as Artoria too. It is a pretty weird decision by them and I wonder if they'll ever change it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Lancer Artoria is Artoria but good.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I want Morgan in FGO so bad, she just shows up and is all

Yeah Artoria was a fuckwit and I'm an evil fae now, whatever

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Imagine growing up in the military with only the highest ranking prideful commanders who treats you as male and you eat the most terrible ration for the rest of your life...

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Endorph posted:

artoria was a lovely king :thurman:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kitfox88 posted:

artoria was a lovely king :thurman:
i agree

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Artoria is.....Boring.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Holy moley, I got lost in the wiki for Fate for a while because I was lead to look up Fate/strange fake stuff because of Enkidu, and woooow, Gilgamesh has a noble phantasm that is just "I see everything ever and know everything you are about to do, gently caress you, I win", which apparently isn't even a physical noble phantasm, but his mind itself transformed into a NP. God, Gilgamesh just gets wanked to infinity by Type-Moon.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
https://twitter.com/WT_Fits/status/940345960827424768

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Didn't help him not get stabbed by a schoolboy. :getin:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Man, Fate/strange fake is loving weird, dude. I want to see all these guys get into F/GO someday.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gologle posted:

God Artoria is so perfect. Just buff her DW, come on, make her the perfect waifu in deed as well as fact.

Okay I'm a fool. What is DW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Delight Works, the developer of FGO