Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The best martial art for practical self defense is sprinting, or so I'm told

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOOKWKM3wM

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Does anyone have a link to a good piece on what police abolitionists have proposed as an alternative? It's really not a subject I know anything about.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
i can't find it at the moment, but surviving edged weapons reminds me of the insane firearms training video that was encouraging tactical rolls and filmed like an action movie. it also included a long shot of a man puking after witnesses a shoot-out.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Henchman of Santa posted:

Does anyone have a link to a good piece on what police abolitionists have proposed as an alternative? It's really not a subject I know anything about.

This article gets into some of the essential ideas put forward by police abolitionists in Chicago.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i can't find it at the moment, but surviving edged weapons reminds me of the insane firearms training video that was encouraging tactical rolls and filmed like an action movie. it also included a long shot of a man puking after witnesses a shoot-out.

You’re tthinking of Survival Shooting Techniques, which also rules.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

X-Ray Pecs posted:

You’re tthinking of Survival Shooting Techniques, which also rules.

Yes! Googling, "ridiculous police shooting video" didn't go as well for me but this is a drat classic

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/gabrielamadej/status/940242164147204096

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Ah yes the famously safe working conditions of third-world factories where slaves “employees” are well-compensated for their labor.

also spoiler alert: The children digging in garbage dumps is also a result of capitalism.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Sure, my great-grandfather lost a finger when he was seven picking through coal and then died at 40 from black lung but he did better than, uh, um

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Rich Evans go on Chapo, Is Matt Christman replacing Jay? and so on.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Rich should go on Cum Town and the episode should just be him and Stav laughing.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
It's been a while since Matt Taibbi was on Chapo, but an article was released today clearing him of the accusations against him. Hopefully it alleviates the damage done to his reputation and he'll be on as a guest again, maybe even restart the TARFU Report as well.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

It's been a while since Matt Taibbi was on Chapo, but an article was released today clearing him of the accusations against him. Hopefully it alleviates the damage done to his reputation and he'll be on as a guest again, maybe even restart the TARFU Report as well.

Clearing him of the accusations? Thank god.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

RICH: I've been dieting dude, getting kinda cut.
MIKE: Ok, so we're now 34 minutes into this, we should probably spin the wheel now.
JAY: Hey it looks like Double Down was filmed in Las Vegas.
MIKE: Absolutely no one cares.
JAY: Oh sure, but when you keep making Star Trek TNG references no one gets.
MIKE: *picard voice* Seriously though, Ferengi females be shopping.
RICH: *cackles*

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

My favorite version of "Surviving Edged Weapons" is the music video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYwd0Wus5Ik

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Halloween Jack posted:

"Reality based self defense" martial arts are generally marketed to rich white people who think that Hip Hop Style MS-13 Black Lives Matter Antifa Super Soldiers are waiting to murder them as soon as they leave their house. And sometimes in their house.

My favorite "self defense" guru will always be Phil Elmore. He was a great combination of the early Rational Internet Dude and Suburban Tactical Operator.

Checking amazon, it looks like his latest bestseller is "Ten things doctors won't tell you about your CPAP machine," so he's now fighting the good fight against sleep apnea and the establishment.

Edit: My greatest regret though is that, in 2004, I did not purchase Matt Furey's "New Video Reveals The Brutal Fighting Techniques and Conditioning Regime George W. Bush Should Use in Preparation for a No-Holds-Barred Fight With Saddam Hussein."

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Apoplexy posted:

Clearing him of the accusations? Thank god.

Technically no, since nobody actually accused him of anything

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Good thing Hunter S. Thompson died before anyone could write thinkpieces on how the left should disavow him for admitting to harassing police and using adrenochrome, acquired only by murdering living humans.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Bryter posted:

Technically no, since nobody actually accused him of anything

Dumb twitter morons did.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Man it's almost like if a reporter actually does research the truth comes out. It's crazy.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Good thing Hunter S. Thompson died before anyone could write thinkpieces on how the left should disavow him for admitting to harassing police and using adrenochrome, acquired only by murdering living humans.

In the second half of fear and loathing in Las Vegas, Thompson talks about doing all the same stuff Taibbi was accused of doing.

Which is not at all a coincidence.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Speaking of the TARFU Report, is there a way to get the subscriber only episodes if, like me, you didn't know it existed until it ended? They shut down their Patreon.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Tomorrow is Poop Touching Day.

I still think Virgil will have to touch the poop.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Some weirdo still angry replies to every Alex Pareene tweet with either something about Taiibi or a non sequiter complaint that's obviously a vehicle for his Taiibi anger.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Paladin posted:

Edit: My greatest regret though is that, in 2004, I did not purchase Matt Furey's "New Video Reveals The Brutal Fighting Techniques and Conditioning Regime George W. Bush Should Use in Preparation for a No-Holds-Barred Fight With Saddam Hussein."

Was that the guy who had sex with the floor?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/940557678937563136

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

The one true self defense instructional:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mosX7L25HV8

It's best to show this to people who have no clue who Bas Rutten is.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

:cawg:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Neon Belly posted:

What about a pointèd stick?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Finally, a combination of the feeling I get from the 'hip hop operating system' video with the feeling I get when somebody shouts 'bababooey' at a live broadcast!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

"Trump, Go on Chapo" needs to be the new Baba Booey, have people outside Fox & Friends every morning yelling it out until Trump tweets about it

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't actually listen to Cum Town, but I will if they get Trump on.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't actually listen to Cum Town, but I will if they get Trump on.

the greatest episode of all time

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

obama went on marc maron so there's hope

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rated PG-34 posted:

obama went on marc maron so there's hope

UGH

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Eh, I enjoyed the part where people pretended to be outraged that Obama used the n-word.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"pretended to be" is the main descriptor of Marc Maron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Neon Belly posted:

OK that's true, the Bas video is probably the greatest gift the 00s gave us in the martial arts world.