Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

When you steal a lunch do you go through all of them and pick the most appealing one or just grab the first bag you see and go to town? If I was gonna be a lunch thief I’d treat the fridge like my own personal buffet, taking the good parts of everyone else’s lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Someone is stealing my half n half and I think it's Sylvia. She's a nice lady but I stg if I catch her

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I just saw the viral bullying video, the outpouring of support, the realization of the mom's racist rear end facebook, and now the kid's apology for his mom.

The internet moves too fast now, and I hate it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

I just saw the viral bullying video, the outpouring of support, the realization of the mom's racist rear end facebook, and now the kid's apology for his mom.

I wonder if Chris Evans rescinds his Avengers 3 movie premiere invitation...

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
CPS needs to rescue that kid stat

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Intruder posted:

It's been a few years now but we lost two cats within three months of each other. The first one's kidneys failed so we had to put him to sleep, the second one refused to eat or drink anything until we finally had him put to sleep because he was slowly and painfully dying. This wasn't some Where the Red Fern Grows thing where he was depressed about the other one dying, he was sick but the vet didn't know why and gave us some antibiotic to try that didn't work. He was a stray that had been coming around that we brought into the house six months earlier so he wasn't with us long

I lost a cat last week and it was similar, except we got a diagnosis: FIP. It has a "wet form" and a "dry form" and that stray cat you had might have gotten the dry form. In our case Doofus gradually ate less and less and lost weight. For the last month we had him on steroids to stimulate appetite and that helped, but eventually even with the pills his appetite just got too low. We put him out of his misery before he was well and truly starving to death but it was clear that was going to be the next stage.

There's lots of other possibilities of course, we rescued a cat once that had something called cholangiohepatitis which made her stop eating & drinking, we had to give her subcutaneous fluids for a week while a bunch of injections and meds and poo poo cleaned up her organs enough that she could get back to eating, and then she got hypoglycemia and the pills for that helped her get fat and round for the last year of her life before cancer got her.

Point being yeah there's a ton of things that can happen to pets and sometimes especially when they're young and seemingly healthy and full of life, being struck down by some bullshit incurable disease feels so wrong. Unlike humans you can't even explain to them what's happening and they don't get to actually tell you if they'd like to be euthanized, you just have to decide.

Doofus died in my lap at home on Wednesday, we got an in-home vet service to do it which cost more but it was super worth it. We've still got his brother, Gentleman, and since Wednesday we hear him walking around the house at night meowing trying to find his brother. I get up and try to comfort him but it's not really helping, he wants his buddy to settle down with at night and he's just never going to be there again. My other cats are girls and they don't want anything to do with him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Stealing someone's lunch has got to be some perverse power play right?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Stealing someone's lunch has got to be some perverse power play right?

I dunno but I hope it's the next Hollywood/Congressional scandal!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Leperflesh posted:

We've still got his brother, Gentleman, and since Wednesday we hear him walking around the house at night meowing trying to find his brother. I get up and try to comfort him but it's not really helping, he wants his buddy to settle down with at night and he's just never going to be there again.

This just breaks my heart and now I need to go home and cuddle with both of my cats too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

When I worked at cox a fellow employee in the gym area let in an unauthorized person who was looking to serve me.

Fat greasy dude, looked like a pizza delivery guy, no idea how he got through security, but know that the coworker badged him in.

This violated like every single security protocol in the entire cox structure and was a massive hr violation.

My boss begged me not to report it to hr because it was completely on her rear end. I was so pissed off I did it anyway.

I’m pretty sure it’s one of the reasons I was fired but I loved watching her go to compliance training three times a week for months.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Intruder I am glad your dog is okay, bud.

I just set up an appointment for grief counseling because lately I am very angry and irritable which is not normal for me and I think it'd because of what happened with my niece. I felt the same way after my sister died.

But anyways the therapist they paired me with looks like Dave Wannstedt and I don't think that's gonna help my anger issue.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

pubic works project posted:

This just breaks my heart and now I need to go home and cuddle with both of my cats too.

Yeah. I mean I know that really, cats - especially male cats - are well-adapted to being on their own, and that he'll get what he needs for companionship from us (I work from home so he can come see me at any time), and in the wild cats often/usually lose track of their siblings. It's hard not to apply human standards and assume he'll be sad and lonely about his lost brother forever.

But cats also do sometimes form tight bonds, and they do sometimes remember one another even after years of separation, and even though we tried to show him Doofus just after Doofus died, so he might maybe understand, he didn't get it. He was too busy being squirmy and nervous about the stranger in the house.

It sucks. I wanted them to get to get old together. Gentleman will be OK, I'm sure, but it still sucks.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

The milkshake duck works in mysterious ways.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The one common denominator with racists on social media is that they're too stupid to tighten their privacy settings

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

FizFashizzle posted:

When I worked at cox a fellow employee in the gym area let in an unauthorized person who was looking to serve me.

Fat greasy dude, looked like a pizza delivery guy, no idea how he got through security, but know that the coworker badged him in.

This violated like every single security protocol in the entire cox structure and was a massive hr violation.

My boss begged me not to report it to hr because it was completely on her rear end. I was so pissed off I did it anyway.

I’m pretty sure it’s one of the reasons I was fired but I loved watching her go to compliance training three times a week for months.

Serve you? Like a dance off or something?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

A summons

Nov 6, 2002

A warrant.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

An itinerant, unemployed butler, desperate for work

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ehud posted:

Intruder I am glad your dog is okay, bud.

I just set up an appointment for grief counseling because lately I am very angry and irritable which is not normal for me and I think it'd because of what happened with my niece. I felt the same way after my sister died.

But anyways the therapist they paired me with looks like Dave Wannstedt and I don't think that's gonna help my anger issue.

I'm happy you did this, man. I cannot recommend talking to a professional enough. I had a lot of anger issues after my father died. I was too proud to seek help then and I'm sure it was a factor in the failure of my first marriage.

I'm much better now.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Lol there was that time some dude on reddit created that CNN WWF meme that Trump retweeted so CNN looked at his reddit account to find out a) who this guy was that the president retweeted him and b) to try and interview him or whatever

His post history was just napalming the N word across reddit and CNNs rep said hey dude delete your dumb account and apologize or else we're going to report on this and when he did Trump fans were enraged that CNN reverse? blackmailed him into being a better person

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah. I mean I know that really, cats - especially male cats - are well-adapted to being on their own, and that he'll get what he needs for companionship from us (I work from home so he can come see me at any time), and in the wild cats often/usually lose track of their siblings. It's hard not to apply human standards and assume he'll be sad and lonely about his lost brother forever.

But cats also do sometimes form tight bonds, and they do sometimes remember one another even after years of separation, and even though we tried to show him Doofus just after Doofus died, so he might maybe understand, he didn't get it. He was too busy being squirmy and nervous about the stranger in the house.

It sucks. I wanted them to get to get old together. Gentleman will be OK, I'm sure, but it still sucks.

Yeah my boys are brothers. I rescued them from a Kroger parking lot of all places. They have that tight bond and then have that bond with me. Just makes me sad thinking about all that.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Blitz7x posted:

Lol there was that time some dude on reddit created that CNN WWF meme that Trump retweeted so CNN looked at his reddit account to find out a) who this guy was that the president retweeted him and b) to try and interview him or whatever

His post history was just napalming the N word across reddit and CNNs rep said hey dude delete your dumb account and apologize or else we're going to report on this and when he did Trump fans were enraged that CNN reverse? blackmailed him into being a better person

Sort of. CNN dug around into the various subreddit mods and alt-right Nazi website mods. They found out one of the guys real name and city and contacted him for comment. CNN said they weren't going to publish his name at the time, because it wasn't relevant. Then, he did some poo poo that made him super relevant so CNN published it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh I'm dumb :downs:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

swickles posted:

Sort of. CNN dug around into the various subreddit mods and alt-right Nazi website mods. They found out one of the guys real name and city and contacted him for comment. CNN said they weren't going to publish his name at the time, because it wasn't relevant. Then, he did some poo poo that made him super relevant so CNN published it.

I'm fake news :ohdear:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Intruder posted:

Oh I'm dumb :downs:
Same. I didn't see what the big deal was with that guy serving Fiz lunch :haw:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The CNN thing was funny because HanAssholeSolo is a lovely username (HanAssholo is RIGHT THERE) and Nazis got all worked up because the guy clearly didn't want people knowing he's a fuckin Nazi.

Personally? gently caress it, doxx him off the bat. The Nazis acted like you did it anyway. Shaun King getting a poo poo ton of C'Ville Nazis doxxed and fired was great and they need to learn there are real-world consequences to all this online poo poo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Way the FBI defeated the Klan was outing them all.

Way you smother the alt right in the crib in the same thing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pubic works project posted:

I'm happy you did this, man. I cannot recommend talking to a professional enough. I had a lot of anger issues after my father died. I was too proud to seek help then and I'm sure it was a factor in the failure of my first marriage.

I'm much better now.

I hope it helps. I've never done therapy before. Luckily I have no pride whatsoever :haw:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ash vs The Evil Dead added to Netflix apparently. I never did get around to watching that, now I can

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/940312791155707905

Nov 6, 2002

No bubble to see here

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

peopl please don't

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
oh my god

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

People definitely aren't desperate, nope.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

2017 desperately needs an Arrested Development style narrator

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Reading up on Steam dropping bitcoin because the cost to have any transaction processed has shot up to like $30 per is really something.

Oh wow, finally we have an answer to that WOULD YOU DOWNLOAD A CAR? anti-piracy thing.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Lmfaoooooooooo

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I forgot to buy lactose free milk and now I want to die

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I need a new avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Welcome to 2011

We probably wont even get any wolfdick coffee tables out of the current bitcoin bubble

• Locked thread