Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Filthy Monkey posted:

I haven't really figured out how to use putrid bile well. Any tips for it?

There's not a lot of finesse to it. Use the bonus movement speed to run into the enemy ranks and make them regret being near you. Wiggling around a bit or circling an enemy to spread it around more is nice, but not even necessarily essential. It's a pretty fire and forget team fight ult all things considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

If the enemy team is losing and trying to pull back, just poo poo all over them.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Filthy Monkey posted:

I haven't really figured out how to use putrid bile well. Any tips for it?
It's kind of weird design, since Stitches isn't supposed to be invisible bicycling around. He's supposed to get long-ranged hooks to make sure every fight starts as a 5v1. For that reason I prefer gorge. The patch that drops tomorrow makes gorge more visible to your allies so it should be easier to coordinate.

Filthy Monkey posted:

Dehaka feels like he has more sustain by sucking down essence too, and he has his burrow global to help get around. I feel like his late-game teamfight potential is better too, with the mass isolation dealie.
Get Stitches amped healing at 4 and the devour quest at 7? 13? Then stack it relentlessly. Your E now heals you for a full Essence's worth and the passive gets pretty sick.

Filthy Monkey posted:

One thing I am finding, just doing random newbie quickmatch stuff, is that having a hero who can't laneclear is a little painful, because invariably there will be a lane that needs tending with nobody doing it. For example, I got Ana from a chest yesterday and....eh.

Correct. Healers are the hardest for that in general, and they just nerfed the two who wave cleared the best :sigh:

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I think the waveclear nerfs are for the 2018 laning changes, making pushing a bit more hands on rather than a substantial amount of characters able to push a lane, rotate, push a lane.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

BrianBoitano posted:

It's kind of weird design, since Stitches isn't supposed to be invisible bicycling around. He's supposed to get long-ranged hooks to make sure every fight starts as a 5v1.
I think this is key for playing stitches. He’s not like Muradin or Diablo that he engages first, you’ll only get killed that way. Instead you want to be a bit more passive and get some hook value, then you go in.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I was playing Muradin a bit today. Man, that dude totally rips. I really like the talent that makes you do more damage after hitting a stunned or slowed target. That’s what I’m doing 90% of the time!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Diablo still feels fun as gently caress to play and I feel like that's the most important thing in this game.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

BrianBoitano posted:

Get Stitches amped healing at 4 and the devour quest at 7? 13? Then stack it relentlessly. Your E now heals you for a full Essence's worth and the passive gets pretty sick.

In a typical game you're not going to be able stack nearly enough for this to be worthwhile. It'll have to be a map with constant team fighting and a team comp where you can afford to devour just to stack instead of to save your life. Generally the heal on trait will give you a lot more healing than the devour quest.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

bamhand posted:

In a typical game you're not going to be able stack nearly enough for this to be worthwhile. It'll have to be a map with constant team fighting and a team comp where you can afford to devour just to stack instead of to save your life. Generally the heal on trait will give you a lot more healing than the devour quest.

Just checked, and devour quest is at level 7, which means it doesn't compete with trait heal. Trait heal competes with amp healing.

Devour quest competes with:
  • Devour reset if it kills
  • AAs slow move speed
  • Trait +25% radius +50% damage

Hotslogs says that, yes, trait talent at 7 (when paired with slam infects with trait) is better, but I'm a suicidal rear end in a top hat so I prefer additional tankiness to stronger farts. Win rates would suggest it's better to eschew amp healing I guess.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 11, 2017

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Well the trait amp also lets you hit more people easier (and thus get more healing) or just take the reset on kill which is also pretty strong. The quest is definitely fun and great when you have a game where it really stacks up but I think more often than not you're going to get something like 10-20 regen by the end of a game.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Slam build is the A+ Stitches build in general. It's a bit like the Greymane cocktail build in that the talents synergize together basically perfectly. There's the occasion that you might take the healing tree instead, but it's very much the exception to the rule.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Basically, the thing that makes stitches good is that he is very high AoE damage for a tank and that he's got hook. Nothing outside of 16 improves hooking, so you want to emphasize the fact that he does lots of AoE damage. If you go with the healing talents, he doesn't do hardly any damage, so what's the point of taking him, anyway, since if he's up front eating poo poo, then his hook is greatly de-emphasized.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Stiches has two builds that are both good (picking all the self-preservation tanking stuff and picking all the slam/gas stuff), the key is to be able to identify the game situations where you would want to do either of those builds.

If you are the only tank and only initiator on your team then you are probably going to have to go full tank and gorge and try to survive those early battles with heavy self-healing.

If you are the second warrior on your team and are being asked to provide utility with team fighting presence or you have to do more trashman wave-clearing duty than slam/gas is great.

He plays like a completely different character with these two builds, and he actually has meaningful composite talent choices down his entire tree. I think he's a really great hero but a lot of times gets drafted or talented or (if you are in QM, dropped into) situations where it's hard for him to succeed.

e: He's also really hard to play without a secondary source of CC following you around who can layer on an additional level of lockdown when you isolate someone with a hook. If you don't have that, your hooked targets will likely run away all game long and it's really frustrating. If you are going to draft him or play him with friends make sure you gets like an on-demand CC for hooks like Brightwing, Malfurion, Uther, Nazeebo, etc.

Libertine fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 11, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
And if your team ever loses with a stitches it's his fault for not single-handedly carrying the game with god hooks.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah if you watch the pro Stitches plays you see Malf casting root at his feet when the hook comes out and is ready to follow up with Dream if it connects.

Or that one play where Stitches is doing boss and just shoots a blind hook out into the fog, nails enemy Johanna, and Ragnaros has the Sulfuras Smash pre cast so it lands the moment Johanna does.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I have a buddy that is a level 34 stitches. Sick hooks all day long. Uther is the poo poo with stitches. Jaina is also a great follow up that can delete anyone that gets hooked.

Basically, everyone should be a dirty hooker.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Libertine posted:

Stiches has two builds that are both good (picking all the self-preservation tanking stuff and picking all the slam/gas stuff), the key is to be able to identify the game situations where you would want to do either of those builds.

If you are the only tank and only initiator on your team then you are probably going to have to go full tank and gorge and try to survive those early battles with heavy self-healing.

If you are the second warrior on your team and are being asked to provide utility with team fighting presence or you have to do more trashman wave-clearing duty than slam/gas is great.

He plays like a completely different character with these two builds, and he actually has meaningful composite talent choices down his entire tree. I think he's a really great hero but a lot of times gets drafted or talented or (if you are in QM, dropped into) situations where it's hard for him to succeed.

e: He's also really hard to play without a secondary source of CC following you around who can layer on an additional level of lockdown when you isolate someone with a hook. If you don't have that, your hooked targets will likely run away all game long and it's really frustrating. If you are going to draft him or play him with friends make sure you gets like an on-demand CC for hooks like Brightwing, Malfurion, Uther, Nazeebo, etc.

Ya, from a QM perspective, there's probably times to take healing stuff. From HL/TL, if you are gonna be the only tank/initiator, the better option is to not take Stitches and take someone more appropriate to the situation.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Spudd posted:

Diablo still feels fun as gently caress to play and I feel like that's the most important thing in this game.

As a terrible QM scrub I hate him. His E is way too easily kited and peeling as Diablo in QM generally means you die instead of the person you were saving since you have no way to disengage/escape and nobody will ever follow it up.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Has anyone put any time in with Valeera on the ptr? I bought her this week and enjoy playing her so I was curious how the stealth changes will impact her. Does the unrevealable portion of vanish still work? Reading the patch notes, it seems like you'll just want to cycle through stealth faster rather than sitting and waiting, but hard to know without playing it.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
"I just got back from a press screening, anyone who feeds gets Star Wars spoiled for them" so far has a 100% success rate at getting my team to cooperate.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Froghammer posted:

"I just got back from a press screening, anyone who feeds gets Star Wars spoiled for them" so far has a 100% success rate at getting my team to cooperate.

I'd just put you on mute and start feeding.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Froghammer posted:

lmao, would just mute you right away.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I want to know spoilers so, even though I previously had no intention of feeding, I would begin to feed as hard as possible.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Ort posted:

Has anyone put any time in with Valeera on the ptr? I bought her this week and enjoy playing her so I was curious how the stealth changes will impact her. Does the unrevealable portion of vanish still work? Reading the patch notes, it seems like you'll just want to cycle through stealth faster rather than sitting and waiting, but hard to know without playing it.
The math of the storm guy just put up a post about all the stealth hero changes: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/heroes/529379-mots-2018-gameplay-update-stealth

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Froghammer posted:

“Don’t do this thing OR ELSE” is probably the worst thing you could do to get people to do the thing on the internet

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Sindai posted:

The math of the storm guy just put up a post about all the stealth hero changes: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/heroes/529379-mots-2018-gameplay-update-stealth

I've played Nova since the Alpha and seeing Lethal Decoy come back to be her main killing power in her kit makes me so happy. Ahh the good old days of killing loving everyone with Nova's old amount of burst.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Froghammer posted:

This is the weirdest version of a humblebrag.

BrianBoitano posted:

Correct. Healers are the hardest for that in general, and they just nerfed the two who wave cleared the best :sigh:

Ahh drat it, you're right :( How is Auriel to play now? She was my favorite hero when I started, are the number changes that bad in practice or just on paper?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

gently caress yeah, made it to Master before the season ended!

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Sindai posted:

Nova™ Triple Tap®

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

That’s cool for you but kinda hosed up that you can skip the whole season and place into master on the last day.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
thx blizz?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Thank gently caress I play in Wood league where no one can land their skill shots 100% of the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8SqBAqIBrg

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I was just in a pubbie QM party and I've never been stomped so hard. I think they beat us 45 v 7 kill ratio. Their Valeera and Li Ming were goddamn beasts.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Spudd posted:

Thank gently caress I play in Wood league where no one can land their skill shots 100% of the time

Speed Demon is insanely underrated

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Spudd posted:

Didn't even get a kill out of it? What a scrub.

(Nice escape)

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21307436/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-december-12-2017-12-12-2017

Hammer got buffs since PTR and walls are back

Nazeebo's Superstition still not fixed?

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Hammer buffs. Still dumb though. Lol at reverting Hover Siege to closer to the original 50%. 25% was a joke.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_fMXCtcizU

I've played so much Garrosh lately I forgot how much fun my strong fish boy is. He becomes a murderbeast at level 20, especially if you're speccing into all the slime stuff. Everyone underestimates how hard he can end up hitting even that late in the game.

Also this particular match is a perfect example of why a surrender option should NEVER be added to this game. It felt like we were going to lose for a lot of that game until we got our much later talents and the game turned around really sharply.

edit: MVP goes to this lootbox:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 12, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Macaluso posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_fMXCtcizU

I've played so much Garrosh lately I forgot how much fun my strong fish boy is. He becomes a murderbeast at level 20, especially if you're speccing into all the slime stuff. Everyone underestimates how hard he can end up hitting even that late in the game.

Also this particular match is a perfect example of why a surrender option should NEVER be added to this game. It felt like we were going to lose for a lot of that game until we got our much later talents and the game turned around really sharply.

edit: MVP goes to this lootbox:

Laser Azmodan

Cursed Strikes Xul

Nova no bribe.

It's like all my nightmares made real. Thanks for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Hanjo day one purchase, along with all his Farstrider skins that are special gem sale only like the Alexstrazsa ones. Thankfully I've earned a decent amount from lootboxes, cuz lol paying real money for those skins.