Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Soarer posted:

Really hoping that some of the lag and rubber banding clears up when they move to the live servers.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The Winchester's great for quickly popping out to take shots, limiting your exposure as much as possible. I wouldn't use it any higher than 100m, but if you can just land an initial headshot that will really gently caress up a team. It's quite accurate.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Tbf the rubber banding has pretty much been unique to test prior to Myanmar being released too

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Lol what

What happened was my client crashed, I sent off the crash report, and when I reconnected I was in a field with 3 other AFKs.
I punch them out, then this guy comes up with a shotgun and offs me.
No points, what gives?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Lol what

What happened was my client crashed, I sent off the crash report, and when I reconnected I was in a field with 3 other AFKs.
I punch them out, then this guy comes up with a shotgun and offs me.
No points, what gives?

if this is on the test server you never get any points regardless

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
this week's dearsomeone's

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

It's definitely on the test server because it has a Killcam button and has the updated font

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

No Safe Word posted:

It's definitely on the test server because it has a Killcam button and has the updated font

Ah, I haven't played any non-test server since test became a thing so I wasn't sure what the UI on the actual client looked like these days

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

ALTO.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

cougar cub posted:

You can edit the .ini to add hold to ADS (and swaps the hipfire aim to single click). Don't remember how I did it but a quick google should provide the answer for you.

I think this is an option in the settings as well, maybe just on the test server.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Who's the shiba streamer?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Who's the shiba streamer?

It says on each clip, and it's "thatonemanny" but he's really not interesting to watch outside of that gimmick

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I like the new map a lot and the performance optimizations are great. The map is clearly in need of some polish in spots, I have seen some areas with buggy visuals (a staircase where the front/top facets of each stair were not drawn), floating trees, inaccessible rooftops, and at least one very questionable encounter with a gas station in Percado or San martin where I am pretty sure a guy could shoot out of a window but bullets would not go in.

New UI is a big improvement, although it STILL looks like there's no way to kick offline or AFK party members?

I am... skeptical that they will iron out the stability issues of the test client in a week and change, it is VERY crashy for myself and all my friends.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Ihmemies posted:

I get about 2x fps with 8700K and gtx970 @2560x1600 compared to live. Fps never dips below 60 anymore. Earlier this year I got 20fps on plane. Now it's 85+fps.

How come you have a sweet new CPU with that crusty old 970?

revolther
May 27, 2008
Because he upgraded from a pentium 3.

Goon PC builds go, budget everything High end video card, then when that won't mine bitcoins anymore they buy a whole new mobo/cpu and slap the DDR2 and last gen video card in it and run it out of the mobo box on top of a desk made entirely out of pizza boxes.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Would be cool if they let the Winchester mount only the 2x scope but the model would be a old school brass 2x with a very limited field of view.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

revolther posted:

Goon PC builds go, budget everything High end video card, then when that won't mine bitcoins anymore they buy a whole new mobo/cpu and slap the DDR2 and last gen video card in it and run it out of the mobo box on top of a desk made entirely out of pizza boxes.

Yes this is pretty much me

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Scoss posted:

, and at least one very questionable encounter with a gas station in Percado or San martin where I am pretty sure a guy could shoot out of a window but bullets would not go in.

Ok I had something exactly like this happen to me yesterday. I have a replay of it which I used to confirm that my shots were lined up but I’m on the road and won’t be able to post it until later this week when I get home. I was lining up shot after shot on this guy square in the middle of his chest but nothing was connecting.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

revolther posted:

Hey my desk is an old door, not pizza boxes :colbert:

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Rex-Goliath posted:

Ok I had something exactly like this happen to me yesterday. I have a replay of it which I used to confirm that my shots were lined up but I’m on the road and won’t be able to post it until later this week when I get home. I was lining up shot after shot on this guy square in the middle of his chest but nothing was connecting.

Yeah, it was a wide open window and my friend and I were dumping headshot after headshot directly at the guy but every shot just bounced off and sparks flew like it was colliding with a surface, while he was able to hit us.

I want to try to find the location again to see if I can replicate it.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Bohemian Nights posted:

What do you mean, I have tons of points. There's just nowhere to spend them.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

What do you mean, I have tons of points. There's just nowhere to spend them.

You may have had some points from before but they don't award points now and haven't in a while

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why

revolther posted:

I just came here to have a good time and I am honestly feeling so attacked right now.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
This new map is great. It might just be because its a fresh face, but man does it feel like a more fun game on this map. Also, the framerates are way better. And I havent seen a cheater yet. If this translates to 1.0 coming out in a bit I will be very happy. I was so burnt out on the old map and constant cheating and brutal FPS I didnt play for about a month. Have got to play about 10 matches so far on the new map and have won 3 or 4 of them.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Scoss posted:

Yeah, it was a wide open window and my friend and I were dumping headshot after headshot directly at the guy but every shot just bounced off and sparks flew like it was colliding with a surface, while he was able to hit us.

I want to try to find the location again to see if I can replicate it.

I was getting no visual feedback at all. No sparks, blood, or bullet holes.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The test client is really fun to play on despite the crashes, I’m glad to hear they’re keeping it open until it goes live.

I don’t have a problem with the game’s large size, in fact I think its better to have everything so spread out. The terrain in the new map has plenty of choke points to camp for those looking for action, however.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

fletcher posted:

How come you have a sweet new CPU with that crusty old 970?

Yeah I had a i7 920. Upgraded mobo, ram, cpu & ssd. I took a quick look at gpu price/perf and decided 970 will do just fine. It runs destiny 2, pubg (test sever), dota 2, Minecraft and Stellaris @60fps. Maybe I'll upgrade when the 1100 series arrives.

There's not much point going over 60fps anyways without a gsync/high refresh rate monitor.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
is it me or is it far more difficult to see both chutes and players who haven't deployed yet in the new map? I feel like I don't know if my squad is alone or not until we're very close to the ground all the time now

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

the bug where everyone gets dumped out of the plane at the same time needs to be put in the main game.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Philman posted:

the bug where everyone gets dumped out of the plane at the same time needs to be put in the main game.

Make it intentional where it happens once out of every hundred games but never admit it so it's still a 'bug'

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Philman posted:

The plane needs to be shot down once every 25/50 matches or so.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I'd like if the game started with a circle to make the initial area already smaller. That way the large map wouldn't feel so empty, if you could only use a part of it in each game.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Philman posted:

When it happened to me, I immediately thought that 1 in 10 or 20 games should randomly drop everyone at the same time.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Pattonesque posted:

is it me or is it far more difficult to see both chutes and players who haven't deployed yet in the new map? I feel like I don't know if my squad is alone or not until we're very close to the ground all the time now

I've noticed this as well. I was thinking maybe it's related to that weird motion blur effect that they added?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Did some testing with the new guns. R45 is like 99 damage on 2 unarmored body shots and 99 damage on one unarmored headshot. Winchester is 99 damage on level 2 helmet.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I guess we’ll need to wait for some data mining to get stats on how the sawn-off compares to the over/under? It took me three shots to kill the only guy I got with it, but two of those were through a railing so who know how many of those pellets hit.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I know they've added bullet penetration through water in the test server, but they haven't added penetration through thin walls and other surfaces yet, correct? As it is even without that mantling has made indoor combat SO much more fast and exciting, I really love it.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah really the only thing missing at this point is a bullet penetration system and even more maps. Hopefully they continue on the trend they’re on and pull that off

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
next map should be a jungle map with no sightlines beyond 200m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Maybe if you could cut down trees with a 50cal or something.

• Locked thread