Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I love how goddamn vague they are about nerfing lens. I really can't wait for it to not work in PvE. loving bungie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

They need to patch colony to be a OHKO. otherwise what's the point?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
If they're lowering Prestige Raid rewards back to 300, what even is the point of doing the Prestige Raid now? Seems like it hurts CoO players who wanted to use it to get 330 gear.

Also, removing the NF option on the Prestige trophy/achievement just made it way harder. Not only was the Prestige Raid a lot harder to do than the Prestige NF, but it requires you finding 6 ppl over 3.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

PathAsc posted:

I love how goddamn vague they are about nerfing lens. I really can't wait for it to not work in PvE. loving bungie

they don’t need to be explicit because it’s going to be in tomorrow’s patch notes

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Douglas Adams posted:

The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Legs Benedict posted:

they don’t need to be explicit because it’s going to be in tomorrow’s patch notes

Pretty sure clarifying a statement from last week isn't being explicit.

Plus it's bungie, who has said they want to be more open with us.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

PathAsc posted:

Last week: “oh boy this gun sure is hosed huh, have fun this weekend kids”

today: “yeah we didn’t play test this gun properly it’s gonna get hella nerfed and fixed next month”

tomorrow, in the patch notes: “here is specifically how we are nerfing this broken rear end gun”

you’re right they aren’t being explicit enough, i demand the nudes

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

PathAsc posted:

If you didn't expect them to nerf it pve as well, you're a fool. And if you think they're going to be more open with us in the future, then boy howdy. I mean.....yeesh.

Ya know?

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
I'm amused that this was posted 5 days ago, with respect to recent events.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Roman posted:

Also they just tweeted about Prometheus Lens.

"As ‘Laser Tag’ weekend comes to a close, we’re making good on our promise to address the fact that Prometheus Lens is way too powerful. Sure it’s fun, but it breaks the Crucible for anyone who wants to use a different weapon. Given the short window we had to make an emergency fix, it will be adjusted to be way too weak. In January, this new Exotic will receive a proper, play-tested design pass."

To be fair this isway more transparent than Blizzard was when it dumpster'd Roadhog and insisted "it's a buff, honest!" for the better part of a year. Still, I'm reserving judgement until I see what they call 'fixed.'

Crucible is back, baby! It's bad again! Awooooo (warhound howl)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
lol they really hosed this up. Sometimes you just have to say, "Yeah this decision was unpopular but we're sticking with it"

Otherwise you have to write 500-word essays and invent a third difficulty of Prestige Mode

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Here's a fun activity - Try and figure out what the rewards and light levels are for the following:

1. Leviathan
2. Leviathan Prestige
3. Lair
4. Lair Prestige

Hint: Regular Leviathan drops a 335 item from Calus, but Prestige Leviathan drops a 300 item from Calus

lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tei posted:

Douglas Adams posted:

The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014
I can't wait for crucible to be back to normal.The laser thing was fun for about a 1/2 A-day

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Here's a fun activity - Try and figure out what the rewards and light levels are for the following:

1. Leviathan
2. Leviathan Prestige
3. Lair
4. Lair Prestige

Hint: Regular Leviathan drops a 335 item from Calus, but Prestige Leviathan drops a 300 item from Calus

lol

Legit still don't understand why the raid now always drops 335s all the time?

If they just retained the existing powerful engram formula - the one implemented literally everywhere else in the game, this would be a non-issue. Pre-CoO players could do the raid at 305, get 305 capped gear, everyone else could get it scaled slightly higher in line with their current light level up to 335

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

curiosity hosed me up posted:

I can't wait for crucible to be back to normal.The laser thing was fun for about a 1/2 A-day

I also cannot wait for crucible to be boring again.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

Serak posted:

How do you find a 1 gun meta fun? Help me understand

curiosity fucked me up fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 12, 2017

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

EDIT: Nevermind, this post wasn't worth starting an argument over in the thread about being gay and eating rear end.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 12, 2017

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

One-gun meta is poo poo no matter how you cut it, but it says a lot that that one-gun meta remains more fun & exciting than regular crucible has been since launch

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Funkmaster General posted:

It blows me away how little some people know about the law, and how the assumption is always "this pisses me off so it's illegal." And you aren't even the only one I've seen express this about this specific incident.

Lol, yeah I'm sure the court system is really gonna appreciate Johnny Sperglord v Activision over the theft of his endgame leveling and prestige achievement

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
That incel suing his parents for not helping him find a girl to gently caress might have a stronger case

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

D1's expansion model was all locking people who didn't buy the new stuff out of existing content all the time, wasn't it? Is the angst over it in D2 just an extension of the general cloud of shittiness hovering over the game right now?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

The Big Word posted:

D1's expansion model was all locking people who didn't buy the new stuff out of existing content all the time, wasn't it? Is the angst over it in D2 just an extension of the general cloud of shittiness hovering over the game right now?

Yes

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I guess it's kinda neat that there's enough other poo poo going horribly wrong that they're motivated to address lesser problems, then

Don't get me wrong bungie is still a trash fire now lmao

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

The Big Word posted:

Yes and No.

D1 typically held over all the content from previous (apart from Nightfall, which was always locked out when new DLC came out, and Trials, which was only added in House of Wolves) for at least one DLC behind. Also previous raid level requirements were never changed, and it never locked out achievements either

It's also hard to argue with the PC version being out for only a single month before a decent amount of the content is locked behind another purchase.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Serak posted:

Unironically this.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Destiny 2's pvp isn't fun for even the esports superstars because nobody plays Destiny for firing lanes and angles and whatever the gently caress it's played for dumb space bullshit and sprinting facefirst into a wizard with a laser shotgun while a muscle wizard tries to fist you. The laser being broken just shakes it up a bit until they fix it and everyone goes back to squad formations with the MIDA.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
but what if you think about the opposing team being DOWN

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's fun because it's simple. You don't have to make sure you're near a teammate or that your cooldowns have finished or whether the power ammo has spawned or whether that fire lane is safe or if a grenade could come around that corner or if you can super without being countered or anything like that. You just look for red, hold down the trigger, and in a couple of seconds either he's dead or you are. Repeat 30 times and get your tokens, repeat that until it gets patched.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

RBA Starblade posted:

Destiny 2's pvp isn't fun for even the esports superstars because nobody plays Destiny for firing lanes and angles and whatever the gently caress it's played for dumb space bullshit and sprinting facefirst into a wizard with a laser shotgun while a muscle wizard tries to fist you. The laser being broken just shakes it up a bit until they fix it and everyone goes back to squad formations with the MIDA.

I was still running into squads, its just they were aiming down mida lanes with instakill lasers instead of basically instakill midas

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I was out of town so I don't have the laser thing, is everyone using it for everything?

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016

Insane Totoro posted:

Like I care if some nerds can't afford a DLC that's cheaper than a date.

this guy fucks

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

actionjackson posted:

I was out of town so I don't have the laser thing, is everyone using it for everything?

xur doesn't leave till reset so you should be able to still buy the laser until Tuesday morning

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

xur doesn't leave till reset so you should be able to still buy the laser until Tuesday morning

Oh poo poo good point, thanks

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

That incel suing his parents for not helping him find a girl to gently caress might have a stronger case

Don't doxx me

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
You could actually probably get somewhere legally with the DLC locking you out of achievements had they not backtracked but no one would take your case individually and you probably agreed to binding arbitration and waiving any class based arbitration that one time you pressed A so good luck

Your best bet would be to find a pro se prison guy who has access to D2 but not the expansion in the rec area or conjugal trailer and so has standing, and convince him to shoot for the moon

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

:siren: :siren: Attention :siren: :siren: Bone Krew has openings for the people looking to get into a Clan on Xbox or those people that are in the overflow clan looking to join the main clan. If anyone else that was removed from the clan still plays the game they are more than welcome to reapply. though I will be looking at people from the overflow clan first.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I like Bungie/Destiny pvp in general, longer TTK and stuff is the reason I play their games instead of like, CoD or something so the laser tag isn’t super exciting to me. It was fun for like, a day or two.

That doesn’t mean I liked the state of D2 pvp as it was before Friday, but I wouldn’t want it to be laser tag all the time either

Such a complicated world we live in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FishBulb posted:

I like Bungie/Destiny pvp in general, longer TTK and stuff is the reason I play their games instead of like, CoD or something so the laser tag isn’t super exciting to me. It was fun for like, a day or two.

That doesn’t mean I liked the state of D2 pvp as it was before Friday, but I wouldn’t want it to be laser tag all the time either

Such a complicated world we live in.

It'd be cool if Bungie remembered they made Halo and added a bunch of fun gameplay variants into these playlists so we can have stupid laser tag time as well as sweaty firing lane time. I know they want everyone to just use the weapons they have but make a separate list specifically for tooling around, they already can lock equipment loadouts and stuff.

Oddball or Juggernaut would be nice too, or ffa again in general. Heck I think it's garbage but you can do Zombies too and just have the zombies get Taken or something.