Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

meatmccartney posted:

I used this example to explain Goons to my wife.

Other guy: shows up in a straight line, speaking olde english, wearing matching helmets and tabards.

Goons: discover underwear armor exploit, and show up wearing nothing but 73 pairs of tighty whities on heads, bodies, hands, and feet.

To be fair a bunch of roleplayers just packed our poo poo, so you can't look down on them too much.

Well you can, but they'll still pack your poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Mulva posted:

To be fair a bunch of roleplayers just packed our poo poo, so you can't look down on them too much.

Well you can, but they'll still pack your poo poo.

If you're referring to saturday's JH, goons did fine. Our allies got wrecked because they got over-confident.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Also we split our forces in an attempt to hit them everywhere at once, until we realized they were only really in one spot, so the alliance army was spread out.

And yes, we built poo poo shacks to those wondering, deal with it. It's 5 building logs per person per spawnpoint vs 8 for a big house and we have a ton of real estate going unused for future project that, frankly, won't even be done in a month most likely. We can demolish them AS they get replaced by big houses. I'm sick of dying in stupid ways like getting instantly sucked to the bottom of the lake due to bugs and I don't feel like running home for an hour anymore :v:

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 11, 2017

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sounds like you need a military commander who is SA's best Total War player?

quote:

e: You guys shouldn't have lined up the gates like that :colbert:

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 11, 2017

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
they're not actually set yet and yes we should because turning horse carts can suck every dick

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Tentative plans for Jewelry town.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Having killed or grievously wounded several of the Hellheim people without making too much of an effort, I am starting to feel a little sorry for them, just trying to play the game and a bunch of goons come up and ceaselessly murder them over and over :v:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
fill my alt guild with your big juicy alts

Fallout
Mar 8, 2005
Ignorance is bliss

Justin Tyme posted:

Having killed or grievously wounded several of the Hellheim people without making too much of an effort, I am starting to feel a little sorry for them, just trying to play the game and a bunch of goons come up and ceaselessly murder them over and over :v:

They should've just given us some wood. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also they shouldn't have tried to cut our trees and turned this into a dirty war.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

fill my alt guild with your big juicy alts

If you haven't done this, do it. It's super rewarding sometimes to go from working on your main on stuff to just griefing people on a throwaway character.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Saturday can't come soon enough so we can trample some pubs.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

We'll need a shitload more ammo next time.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Justin Tyme posted:

We'll need a shitload more ammo next time.

hopefully i'll have bowcraft up and running by saturday

Worthington
Mar 8, 2012
I've been quite occupied playing Goon Spaceships lately but LIF:YO was pretty fun, minus the whole, tiny area and little content.

Happy to run around with pitchforks and terrorize the locals with you guys. Installing now.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
Come assassinate minecrafters with crossbows that are usable immediately after character creation*! JOIN TODAY

also I plopped down a guild claim on a hostile island and the enemy guild, in an attempt to starve lumber from our non-existent castle plans, chopped down over a thousand trees prematurely, basically most of all the resources.

*If you create a character, make sure you create a character of the race that you can allocate 55 points into slinging.

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Dec 13, 2017

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Holy gently caress that owns

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
...the horror.... the horror....

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Lmao is that our friends in Hyperion

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015
How is the EU presence? I really want to join on this dirt shoveling action, but i can't always stay up to 8-9 pm est to join the fun. Any other eu goons to share their experience?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

lexxyth posted:

How is the EU presence? I really want to join on this dirt shoveling action, but i can't always stay up to 8-9 pm est to join the fun. Any other eu goons to share their experience?

We have a pretty large number of EU goons that play with us, our guild leader is in EUTZ in fact. Officers and full function in AU/EU/US at the moment.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Plus it doesn't seem lag is ever really a problem for those in EU/AUS, but perhaps those players can speak to it a bit better

forge
Feb 26, 2006

lexxyth posted:

There are a good amount of euro players, probably more so than most games.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

yeah it seems that there's pretty much always people online doing stuff

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Come assassinate minecrafters with crossbows that are usable immediately after character creation*! JOIN TODAY

also I plopped down a guild claim on a hostile island and the enemy guild, in an attempt to starve lumber from our non-existent castle plans, chopped down over a thousand trees prematurely, basically most of all the resources.

*If you create a character, make sure you create a character of the race that you can allocate 55 points into slinging.

Not only that, but their second plan to stop you was to surround your new claim with bear traps... that you could just pick up.

The entirety of their response to one goon loving with them has been to scorch their own land, and then to hand that goon a pile of bear traps.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Pavlov posted:

Not only that, but their second plan to stop you was to surround your new claim with bear traps... that you could just pick up.

The entirety of their response to one goon loving with them has been to scorch their own land, and then to hand that goon a pile of bear traps.

that's loving amazing

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Snip wrong thread

Turkina_Prime fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 13, 2017

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Is this like CRPG where someone can just hand you a weapon and you can run around shooting mans or is it yet another game where anyone with a full time job need not play? I basically want to have the poopsockers supply me cheap shittily made gear so I can run around the vast expanses of the realm pillaging. Sort of like a bandit or something.

I miss CRPG.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 14, 2017

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
you can play without poopsocking but there is a lot of poopsocking involved in this game. everything worth having is a pain in the rear end to get so people arent so ready to hand out whatever to anyone. for 30 bucks its worth a look though

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

lexxyth posted:

I play on the EU server with one other goon in a large kingdom with something like 30+ other drat guilds that I have no clue who the gently caress is in the kingdom, but yeah a lot of people. Also at war with Russians. Not to sure on the activity EU time, but every-time I take a look at the discord there is a good chunk of people on.

The ping isn't much different if you play on the NA server, I recommend joining the NA goons, but if you want to stick to EU hit me up on discord Bart#5730

Get to 30 in any skill and put on the armor that is afforded to you at 30, have someone punch you (standing next to you) to do .10 blunt damage and level your way to 90 with ease in any of the combat skills.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Honestly if you just get to either 90 archery or 29.9 archery/90 anything else, log on for judgment hour and carrying poo poo around once or twice a week, you could probably get out of most poopsocking and indeed most of the bullshit associated with this game while still being an invaluable help to goons.

Delamore
Jan 11, 2008

Monocle Man
The goon archer with the most kills has 9 archery, for the most part you can gently caress people up without skill if you take the fight properly

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

puberty worked me over posted:

Is this like CRPG where someone can just hand you a weapon and you can run around shooting mans or is it yet another game where anyone with a full time job need not play? I basically want to have the poopsockers supply me cheap shittily made gear so I can run around the vast expanses of the realm pillaging. Sort of like a bandit or something.

I miss CRPG.

Once we start getting a surplus of extra things we'll be at the stage where we can hand out extra stuff. You can level combat skills afk pretty easily.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

You are immediately useful in pvp if you take Khoor as your race and dump all your combat into slinging (55).

To be really good/hold your own in pvp you gotta grind a tad to fully unlock archery, but we have set up a range that makes it easy. Melee is a bit longer to get good enough for pvp with but honestly warm bodies help more than anything.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

dress up in leather and ask your fellow goons to punch you nicely for at least an hour :heysexy:

play this poo poo game today!

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

is this... can I play this?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

puberty worked me over posted:

I miss CRPG.

You need to level up the skills to use better items and the quality of them will matter. So yes, it’s just like CRPG in which a new player can hope to accomplish very little.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
If we could get another one or two bros that like stripping mountains of all their sweet underground resources that would be amazing. Mining gives you cool gems so you can be the prettiest girl at the feudal homecoming dance.

Simon Numbers fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 14, 2017

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Simon Numbers posted:

If we could get another one or two bros that like stripping mountains of all their sweet underground resources. Mining gives you cool gems so you can be the prettiest girl at the feudal homecoming dance.

you are looking at one. I will probably purchase this sorry excuse of a game within the w/e

Punching rocks, creating underground altars since forever

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
The system with gems and mineral ingredients(for alchemists) is a nice addition to keep it from getting monotonous, also bribing people to do things for you is easy when you control the quality of the base ingredients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
This game turned me into a medieval drug dealer of precious hard stamina. It's really quite the experience.

• Locked thread