Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

fruit on the bottom posted:

Yeah, IIRC one of them leaked over into legaladvice asking how he could get away with rape and reddit just sort of decided that this was maybe a good place to call it quits

jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Yeah, IIRC one of them leaked over into legaladvice asking how he could get away with rape and reddit just sort of decided that this was maybe a good place to call it quits

So basically, they turned a blind eye until it woulda gotten them more negative media attention?

To catch a redditor part 3

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Did they suggest to kill themselves because you can't (normally) convict a corpse?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I could be remembering the details wrong. But there was a legal advice post about something way over the line and the subreddit was gone within 24 hours.

bunnyofdoom posted:

So basically, they turned a blind eye until it woulda gotten them more negative media attention?

To catch a redditor part 3

I guess? I mean the way reddit is set up is pretty weird and hard to clamp down on everything until it draws attention to itself in the worst way since pretty much anyone can make a subreddit. That’s part of why I prefer SA.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

LingcodKilla posted:

Did they suggest to kill themselves because you can't (normally) convict a corpse?

Not a joke, people there would often fantasize about how they want to go out by raping someone to finally get laid then kill them selves because they don't have the guts to go to prison or be arrested, then lament that they don't even have the guts for the rape-suicide plan because those dastardly females have laid them so low.

Then they'd gets replied of people saying they do have the same plan/fantasy but are too cowardly to go through with it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Baronjutter posted:

Not a joke, people there would often fantasize about how they want to go out by raping someone to finally get laid then kill them selves because they don't have the guts to go to prison or be arrested, then lament that they don't even have the guts for the rape-suicide plan because those dastardly females have laid them so low.

It was a cope. Everything was a cope. Everything but the rope.

I miss the Incel thread.

(Basically to mimic redpill and bluepill, incels came up with blackpill. Basically anything you try to do to improve yourself is a “cope”, a futile attempt to get around the fact that your fate as an Incel is genetically predetermined and nothing can fix it.

Working out? Nope.
Hobbies? Nope.
Be a good person? Nope.

All of things are “copes” and the only thing that isn’t is the “rope”. Of course none of them ever went that far. They just settled on LDAR — lay down and rot.

Or in other words, live in mom’s basement and watch anime until the Reaper comes calling.)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I must be Too Soft because every detail I hear about incels just makes me think "those poor idiots, I hope they manage to get helped for their obvious mental issues and become happier and more complete people" where everyone else is like "lol I unironically hope they die"

like, being a miserable self-loather for your entire life does in fact make you say and do lovely things but despite what they think it's not a permanent state of being

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I just don't understand them at all. I know tons of ugly people that have sex. They just usually have sex with other ugly people. Hell, I've slept with ugly people and I'm pretty good looking, generally speaking.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

loquacius posted:

I must be Too Soft because every detail I hear about incels just makes me think "those poor idiots, I hope they manage to get helped for their obvious mental issues and become happier and more complete people" where everyone else is like "lol I unironically hope they die"

like, being a miserable self-loather for your entire life does in fact make you say and do lovely things but despite what they think it's not a permanent state of being

Same, I felt super bad for them all to just be so hosed up to the point of totally give up on life and wallowing in their hopeless patheticness. And to put so much weight on losing their v-card being the absolute be all and end all of existence. We need better access to therapy and mental health resources.

I think a lot of them end up growing out of it, or would if it wasn't for the "community" being like a crab pot and reinforcing that once you're an incel, once you're a virgin after 14 or what ever ridiculous age they all claim normies do it at, it's 100% impossible to ever recover and your life is over do don't even try.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

I just don't understand them at all. I know tons of ugly people that have sex. They just usually have sex with other ugly people. Hell, I've slept with ugly people and I'm pretty good looking, generally speaking.

cool

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
gently caress, I had a good 5 year streak after cancer of no sex whatsoever, but I didn't blame women. I just slowly worked on getting myself better, and now I'm in a healthy relationship. So, you know, no sympathy for them from me for doing that cope or rope poo poo.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

Same, I felt super bad for them all to just be so hosed up to the point of totally give up on life and wallowing in their hopeless patheticness. And to put so much weight on losing their v-card being the absolute be all and end all of existence. We need better access to therapy and mental health resources.

We have in home retard masturbators already, for gods sake. Help the incels, too!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I know right? It's got to be some sort of weird inability to talk to others they got going on. But then not having sex is probably just one of their many many social problems.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

loquacius posted:

I think that’s where most of us start, but then you realize how toxic it gets and how even apart from the occasional Elliot Rogers they still joke about women getting raped and have massive entitlement complexes towards sex and when one occasionally does break free and tries to reach back out to help his fellows they immediately set upon him like a pack of piranhas.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
They also have really stupid beliefs about female anatomy so it’s impossible to not make fun of them.

Also? Super racist.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It was always hilarious though when an incel member would post that he's been getting some therapy and cleaning up and trying to have a bit more confidence in his life and everyone would poo poo on him for his "copes". Then he'd mention some nerdy girl at his warhammer club he's been spending a lot of time with. Again, what a cope, you're friendzoned, you're setting yourself up for failure. Then the dude would post about how they're actually dating now and it's really nice and hey guys I thought I was the most incelly incell and it happened to me so don't give up.

Then he'd be met with screams that he was never one of them he was always just a normie there to gloat about being a sex-haver and be aggressively run out of the community.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Sounds like a lot of real fun guys.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

The disease is inside their head

When a socially unsuccessful young man begins to reckon with the fact that he can't seem to get laid, first he has to decide whether this is a fault with him (normal) or a fault with everyone else in the world (see: "Nice Guy")

If he picks the former option, he can then either try to assess his faults and attempt to ameliorate them (normal) or become so depressed that he traps himself in a bottomless pit of toxic depression (that's incels)

Bottomless pits of toxic depression actually aren't that uncommon, though. The most proven method for climbing out of them involves professional help. But a discussion space like r/incels is basically designed for them all to enable each other in their toxicity. I'd be shocked if anyone managed to actually start on a serious effort toward self-improvement while using r/incels, and if they did, any sane therapist's first recommendation would be to get the gently caress away from it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yep, it's a total crab-pot mentally there, or was before it got shut down. Anyone asking for advise would be met with LDAR. Stop going to therapy, it's useless. Don't work out, it's useless. Don't do anything, it's just a waste of time cope. Anyone showing signs of improving would be dogpiled for their pathetic copes and warned they were setting them selves up for disappointment.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

they should just cut their dicks off imo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I could be remembering the details wrong. But there was a legal advice post about something way over the line and the subreddit was gone within 24 hours.

I guess? I mean the way reddit is set up is pretty weird and hard to clamp down on everything until it draws attention to itself in the worst way since pretty much anyone can make a subreddit. That’s part of why I prefer SA.

loving hell it's such a shithole I can't even comprehend. Like, I expect it from 4chan, but gently caress me sideways I don't get these Reddit people.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

sugar free jazz posted:

they should just cut their dicks off imo

Then they can b girls and get laid by all the chads

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

got any sevens posted:

Then they can b girls and get laid by all the chads

this is true, actually

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
You float that idea like it's not actually something that came up on the incel reddit many times

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I was going to write something here but I realized it’s totally non constructive and I am indeed an rear end in a top hat.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Runaktla posted:

I was going to write something here but I realized it’s totally non constructive and I am indeed an rear end in a top hat.

:justpost:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Runaktla posted:

Like that’s ever stopped me before

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Runaktla posted:

I was going to write something here totally non constructive and I am indeed an rear end in a top hat.

somethingawful.txt

:justpost:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Hey Julian Assange/washington insider goon:

Is it true that Junior Bush used to call the presidential chef at all hours of the night to have him make Big macs with a hole that he could stick his dick through and then the first lady would blow him/eat the big mac?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, I could see that. More believable than stacking pogs up to the moon like he said Assange did before.

Camping.. Intense!
May 18, 2005

Absolutely
Grimey Drawer
Incels make me wish the Inquisitor was a real thing, weed out and kill some of these people that have no life and contribute nothing to society. We need a violent war with conscription for all those that have posted on the internet about being an Incel.

We could also just round them up and put them on a remote island somewhere like Lord of the Flies except nobody will succeed at living as they will all just lay down and moan about the lack of women who would just hate them anyway

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Camping.. Intense! posted:

Incels make me wish the Inquisitor was a real thing, weed out and kill some of these people that have no life and contribute nothing to society. We need a violent war with conscription for all those that have posted on the internet about being an Incel.

We could also just round them up and put them on a remote island somewhere like Lord of the Flies except nobody will succeed at living as they will all just lay down and moan about the lack of women who would just hate them anyway

Please sir this is not the thread for your erotic fanfiction.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Every time you guys talk about Assange my brain just shuts off because I know it'll be some retarded, conspiracy bullshit. Make up lies about someone new. How about a Buddhism scandal where someone smuggles a walkman into the temple?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I saw a monk play a PSVita at a temple in Bangkok so at least make it an iPod to make it remotely believable.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Remember: at Something Awful, only the people who are broken in the "right" way are socially acceptable.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

blarzgh posted:

Remember: at Something Awful, only the people who are broken in the "right" way are socially acceptable.

This is also true for the rest of the world.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

Is it true that Junior Bush used to call the presidential chef at all hours of the night to have him make Big macs with a hole that he could stick his dick through and then the first lady would blow him/eat the big mac?

Sir, this is a McDonalds drivethrough.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Camping.. Intense! posted:

I mean, I'd be happy with them all getting therapy, or finding Jesus, or, hell, joining Scientology, or doing whatever else it takes to make them less severely and virulently bitter

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Hopper posted:

I saw a monk play a PSVita at a temple in Bangkok so at least make it an iPod to make it remotely believable.
I could easily see achieving a mindless state while playing some Lumines, goddamn that game is absolutely enthralling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This is definitely getting posted too late (sorry :()

but here it is anyway

quote:

I need some advice. I think I'm falling in love with my friend's wife. He's not a close friend or anything, more of a friend of a friend to be honest, but I still know it's wrong. Thing is that her and I have been spending a lot of time together, and just last night she told me that she doesn't tell anyone when it's just her and I hanging out. I said I didn't either and then she said "Well then we could do anything!" I know she was just playing around, and wasn't really meaning it as a "we could start loving" invite, but I can't help but think maybe she said it to see how I reacted to it. I jokingly said we should start planning a bank heist.

We're hanging out tomorrow to watch the football game and I'm just looking for a line or something that I could say to let her know that if she makes a move that I'll go a long with it. Not some weird double entendra, something simple that she can react to but with out coming right out and saying "I think we should make out and see if there's spark."

Even if you don't know the guy that well maybe it's for the best that you didn't get pickup lines from this thread just sayin

The football game in question was Pats/Dolphins from last night AFAICT; maybe a good pickup line would have been "let's make out with each other instead of watching this awful game"

quote:

So this is a blast from the past... I'm "The Rapist".

A long time ago... 2008 I think, the first confessions thread. I confessed I was having trouble getting laid and if I did not find someone soon I would consider rape. I don't remember the details. It was pretty lulzy especially in old pearl clutching Serious GBS. Pages of people tripping over themselves to say how bad I am. No jokes just virtue signalling.

I wasn't seriously considering it, I was just expressing some serious frustration. I used to to that a lot... go on the internet and troll. I had not had a very happy life, and in retrospect I had a lot of messed up ideas, one of those being that a 21 year old virgin was some kind of huge anomaly.

I think my mind was warped by romcoms - growing up I was a loner watched a lot of stuff like Eurotrip and American Pie. Not the best ways to learn how relationships work.

Anyways, going to college helped a lot. I went to a community college that reminded me of Dan Harmon's
"Community", and transferred to a real uni when I was 19 or so. That year was great, socially - I made a lot of friends, but was striking out romantically.

I realized I was fat an needed to lose weight, so I did so, and came back the summer after my junior year a nice 200lbs (muscular).

Around the time I wrote that, I was despondent - I still wasn't getting dates or sex and I was Doing Everything Right.

Anyways, the deadline (my birthday) passed without any sex, but I did meet someone at a valentine's day event. We went on a few dates and it fizzled, but we remain friends.

I began to feel dejected. I had lost a lot of weight and still wasn't getting dates. and gave up on dating and sex. So when a friend suggested attending the uni's gay club dance, I agreed because they had pizza. I'd fallen back into binge eating - after all, if no one will gently caress me fat or small why not have some pizza?

I ended up dancing with a girl and told her I wished she was straight and she was like wait you're not gay and long story short, we snuck off into the student union. Ended up making out and she jerked me off on the student government couch. (Take that neoliberals!)

Got her number, and she ended up coming over to my house later that week for some sex.

I was pretty terrible, in retrospect, plus probably globbed on a bit too hard. We met up once more and then drifted apart. It wasn't the best way to lose your virginity, but it wasn't the worst.

Anyways it's ten years later and now I have a new obsession: the fact I've never had a long term relationship. I've dated a little, but both were short (~3) months. The other was just a summer fuckbuddy situation.

I've had a couple 1 nighters from OkCupid but they're so few and far between I get way too in my head on dates now.

As I get older people are less tolerant of the fact I'm not that great at sex. Sure I've had a few partners but 10x1 is a lot less experience than 3 or 4 X 100.

In the meantime I've been working on a theory - most people have an outlet. A way to exercise autonomy / control. I've started trolling again online, and since then I've done a lot better in my interpersonal stuff, more able to take minor transgressions and not "push back".

still less depressing than incels