Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

I played through the second MSX one as a kid and it was basically MGS but in 2D.

Solid is treated as a sequel but really it's a pastiche of the first 2 games, mostly the second one yeah. I played the 2nd way way after (it was never released in NA prior to 2006 iirc) and I was surprised how important it is to the plot of MGS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wanted to be Big Boss building Outer Heaven and not whatever the gently caress Kojima had in his mind.

The loving medic? get the gently caress out of here

Quiet was nice.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

wicka posted:

See: overhyped, high-concept garbage

Dunkirk is a needlessly convoluted film with entirely forgettable characters. Michael Bay could make a better WW2 movie.

Yeah what a try-hard movie Dunkirk was. What does it want. Praise? Fuckin lol. Anything that isn't an honest working class movie is Oscar wank bait and should be dismissed.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go back to a good HONEST movie like transformers with its fart jokes and statutory rape defense.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

I wanted to be Big Boss building Outer Heaven and not whatever the gently caress Kojima had in his mind.

The loving medic? get the gently caress out of here

Quiet was nice.

MGSV was a masterpiece. Truly the high-water mark of the current era.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Gigi Galli posted:

Transformers is not about ww2 m8

The rock?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nice meltdown

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
No Pearl Harbor.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Rock was cool. I liked the bit where Nicholas Cage had those two flares and screamed.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
i'm right pissed that the Fox Engine is basically never going to be used again. gently caress you Konamaids!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

Yeah what a try-hard movie Dunkirk was. What does it want. Praise? Fuckin lol. Anything that isn't an honest working class movie is Oscar wank bait and should be dismissed.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go back to a good HONEST movie like transformers with its fart jokes and statutory rape defense.

:qq:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

I only played it when I was quitting smoking and it really fell apart about half way through, it definitely wasn't finished.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

I only played it when I was quitting smoking and it really fell apart about half way through, it definitely wasn't finished.

It was still really good imo. I wish it was harder, if there was a more punishing difficulty setting I'd confidently say it was the best stealth system I've ever played with.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You can definitely tell it was intended to be much longer.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The Rock was cool. I liked the bit where Nicholas Cage had those two flares and screamed.

The Rock had its dialogue punched up by both Sorkin and Tarantino, which is insanely obvious in hindsight.

“I only ask because...it’s you. You’re the rocket man.”

I’m going to quit this job and watch The Rock full-time.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

The Rock had its dialogue punched up by both Sorkin and Tarantino, which is insanely obvious in hindsight.

It's not obvious because nobody says the n word

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It was still really good imo. I wish it was harder, if there was a more punishing difficulty setting I'd confidently say it was the best stealth system I've ever played with.

The Subsistence Missions are a good challenge IMO. Too bad the whole game didn't have that option. I didn't like the open world much either and felt it to be unnecessary, as I usually gravitated towards certain set pieces, such as the Oil Refinery.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It plays so drat well though...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
My favorite thing about The Rock is the part where there's a roller coaster mine cart thing under Alcatraz for some loving reason. Just pure action movie stupidity. It kicks rear end.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

It plays so drat well though...

The whole mechanics and system was incredibly well polished. It's a shame that nothing was really done with it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Everything about the rock is great. I like how in one of the all of duties you get to play the shootout in the showers.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ilmucche posted:

Everything about the rock is great. I like how in one of the all of duties you get to play the shootout in the showers.

That's MW2 and it also has the scene at the end where you stop an airstrike by lighting flares lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's not obvious because nobody says the n word

They don’t?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'll honestly confess that I can't remember if anyone says the n word or not in Michael Bay's "The Rock"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There should be a site like "Does the dog die" except it's about if anyone says the n word in a movie or not.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'll honestly confess that I can't remember if anyone says the n word or not in Michael Bay's "The Rock"

I could’ve sworn Tony Todd’s character does.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

I could’ve sworn Tony Todd’s character does.

Oh that doesn't count, for a QT script it has to be a white guy saying it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That's MW2 and it also has the scene at the end where you stop an airstrike by lighting flares lol

The snowy levels in mw2 were great, in opposition to a lot of the other missions like defend burger king, or sit in a house then get thrown in a ditch.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ilmucche posted:

The snowy levels in mw2 were great, in opposition to a lot of the other missions like defend burger king, or sit in a house then get thrown in a ditch.

My favorite COD campaign was Black Ops 2. What a game.

MW2 is second by a hair though. It's the most ridiculous action movie of a shooter ever.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

My favorite COD campaign was Black Ops 2. What a game.

MW2 is second by a hair though. It's the most ridiculous action movie of a shooter ever.

Don't think I played blops 2.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I liked Call of Duty 2.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MW1 was fun, MW2 was good, MW3 was high up its own rear end and it's been downhill since then.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Videogames are bad

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Human Grand Prix posted:

I played that and it was great, then they didn't let me finish it. A sad day.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Videogames are bad

Agreed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ilmucche posted:

Don't think I played blops 2.

It's the only one that is as crazy as MW2 which is why it owns.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's the only one that is as crazy as MW2 which is why it owns.

2 had a few really good missions. I've never played them for the multiplayer though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I have never played a call of duty game

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Lucky bastard.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/video-button-senna-mclaren-honda-motegi-987602/

This is great for when they're driving in the SuperGT car and they're doing the driver swap and Jenson comes back to specifically tell Vandoorne to slip teh clutch when pulling away as the car is difficult to pull off initially.... Stoffel either didn't hear him or just ignored him and stalled 3 times in a row lol

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/video/main-gallery/lewis-hamilton-i-m-grateful-i-haven-t-won-six-championships-102071/

What an insufferable clown. Disclaimer: I couldn't bear to watch the full 8 minutes or whatever it was.

Death Stranding looks weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Norns posted:

those are actually very good last words, now that I think about it. I wish I could die that way, but it's no longer possible :/

• Locked thread