Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Four leagues, four playoff appearances, two top seeds.

Lost to my wife in the last week of regular season play by 0.06 points.

Would sacrifice three of the four playoff appearances for 0.07 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

RCarr posted:

Had some collusion in my dynasty league go down this weekend, which involved the 2nd place team and the 7th place team (his friend) both losing on purpose (by sitting all their studs and either leaving roster spots empty or plugging in suspensed/IR/Inactive players), in order for the 2nd place team to drop to 4th to get himself a better playoff matchup. (First place team is decimated by injuries). I used fantasypros rankings and plugged in the highest ranked players for both teams, which resulted in one of them winning, and therefore moving the 2nd place team to 3rd instead of 4th. This means he now plays me and I’m sure I will lose now, since I was trying to do the right thing.

Should have been an immediate disqualification and elimination from the playoffs for both of them. Put whoever was next in line in the playoffs so you can lose to them instead

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Need QB Advice:

I currently own Stafford(vs CHI), Smith(vs LAC), and Goff(@ SEA)

Waiver options:

Prescott(@ OAK)
Ryan(@ TB)
Garoppolo(vs TEN)
Keenum(vs CIN)
Bortles(vs HOU)

I should pick up Prescott for this week, right? Who should I drop?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

Need QB Advice:

I currently own Stafford(vs CHI), Smith(vs LAC), and Goff(@ SEA)

Waiver options:

Prescott(@ OAK)
Ryan(@ TB)
Garoppolo(vs TEN)
Keenum(vs CIN)
Bortles(vs HOU)

I should pick up Prescott for this week, right? Who should I drop?

If you are going to play him, drop Stafford

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Okay so I need a QB since I lost Wentz. 6 pt TDs, 300 yards gets you a bonus point.

Keenum vs. Cin (someone surprisingly dropped him)
Foles @ NYG
Garoppolo vs. Ten
Cutler @ Buf
Flacco @ Cle

It's gotta be Keenum, right?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
why not handsome jimmy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It's Keenum

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

VietCampo posted:

why not handsome jimmy

I've got space so I'm grabbing both him and Keenum.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

Started off 1-4 and just beat the 4th place guy to secure my spot in the playoffs.

Of course it’s also a 2QB league and I lost Wentz. Who do I pair with Brees for the last two weeks:

Dalton
Bortles
Flacco
Kizer

Bortles

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

If you are going to play him, drop Stafford

Drop Stafford over Goff and Smith?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

A Nightmare of the Fantasy Wealthy: I have Rodgers @CAR and Ben vNE. I bet this comes down to a 10 point difference but given that NE lost to Miami, I'm worried the NE defense is going to come out firing on all cylinders. I'm happy in that Brady will too and Ben will be forced to throw a lot. But then how do you sit Rodgers? Guy is playing for his team's playoff life and Rodgers is the best of the best. But in Carolina... Ugh!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'd go Ben. Rodgers hasn't played in how many weeks?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

I'd go Ben. Rodgers hasn't played in how many weeks?

Same

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Four leagues, four playoff appearances, two top seeds.

Lost to my wife in the last week of regular season play by 0.06 points.

Would sacrifice three of the four playoff appearances for 0.07 points.

Wait, why? According to this, you are still in the playoffs even with the loss?

Week 15 Waiver Wire: QB RB WR TE

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

He lost to his wife in fantasy. His wife.

Also she did way better than my team in goon slow draft, so lol also.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VietCampo posted:

He lost to his wife in fantasy. His wife.

Also she did way better than my team in goon slow draft, so lol also.

She's the top seed in another league. In our family league she's the second seed behind me. My wife is good at fantasy.

I expect that we're both going to win and then Gordon will bring her the championship.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Any ideas for TE this week? I have Brate who doesn't seem like the answer, but the alternatives don't look much better. Witten, Cook, Ebron and Watson are all available.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

then Gordon will bring her the championship.

As he should. All Hail Josh Gordon.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Well this should be interesting...

3 #1 seeds and a #2 seed with 4 semifinal match-ups next week. Between the 4 leagues I am on winning streaks of 10, 4, 4 and 2. I have Zeke stashed in three of them and Aaron Rodgers AND Zeke in the BML (Using Brees vs the Jets this week to make sure A-Aron is good to go however. Opponent has Kamara, Ingram and Thomas and will start all three. THROW ALL THE PASSES DREW!)

In a random Week 14 fact I started Ben over Wentz in Dynasty and will follow that up with starting Cam over Ben this week because I am crazy. Mahomes is my #4 so don't let the door hit you on the way out next year Alex Smith.

Will start Week 15 at $345. 4 wins this week is $1270 locked in and if I go 8-0 the last two weeks it's $2675

The gently caress FANTASY FOOTBALL post will be with this comical 1-7/0-8 finish after running through these 4 leagues all year.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

Two years ago I was up 19 against my friend in the BML semis and Brandin Cooks dashed my dreams on MNF.

This year I am rematched against him. He's also the type of guy who will overload and screw up if you talk enough smack, so Ive been spending every work break just filling his inboxes with rude statements

Tuesday morning means open season for relentless mockey. My insults are raining down upon him like ticker tape at my inevitable victory parade.

I decided my opening salvo should be high class. So I messaged him, "we've had this date with each other from the beginning."

He replied "WOW," so I thjnk he gets it

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 12, 2017

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I'm on to the semi finals against the only other person in my league to put up 1400 points so far.

If I win here I am probably better then 50% to win the league, but he has Kamara, AB, and I just lost Wentz.

Its Tuesday and I'm freaking out already. :randstare:

Octoduck
Feb 8, 2006

Rudy had heart,
but he still sucked.
Any reason for keeping SEA for weeks 15 and 16 or start streaming? Saints, Vikings, Bills, Panthers, Skins are all available.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Octoduck posted:

Any reason for keeping SEA for weeks 15 and 16 or start streaming? Saints, Vikings, Bills, Panthers, Skins are all available.

Saints this week and Vikes next (especially if A-Aron doesn't come back).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So, so hey guys, hey. How did extremely controversial non-recommended Seattle running back Mike Davis do? I know we usually don't go and revisit past histories, but in this case I had to get through like two pages about him so let's take a look.

15 rushes for 66 yards, and one catch for -1 yards. He left briefly with a rib injury but then returned, but then left again near the end of the game. Jacksonville is somehow a Good Team and the Seahawks were playing away, e.g., not in their gimmick stadium. They were also down and thus forced into passing more than perhaps they would have in a more balanced game. Depending on PPR, he got six to seven points in most scoring schemes.

This is adequate as a waiver-wire fill-in, particularly when the team loses the game. I think he still belongs on a waiver-wire pickup article, but he did not score enough points that it's a slam-dunk.

Next week the Seahawks are in a division match against the Rams, who have been bad against the run this season. Mike Davis is officially listed as Questionable, so monitor his status. I think he remains the lead back if he's able to play, and this is a decent matchup for Seattle RBs.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

So, so hey guys, hey. How did extremely controversial non-recommended Seattle running back Mike Davis do? I know we usually don't go and revisit past histories, but in this case I had to get through like two pages about him so let's take a look.

15 rushes for 66 yards, and one catch for -1 yards. He left briefly with a rib injury but then returned, but then left again near the end of the game. Jacksonville is somehow a Good Team and the Seahawks were playing away, e.g., not in their gimmick stadium. They were also down and thus forced into passing more than perhaps they would have in a more balanced game. Depending on PPR, he got six to seven points in most scoring schemes.

This is adequate as a waiver-wire fill-in, particularly when the team loses the game. I think he still belongs on a waiver-wire pickup article, but he did not score enough points that it's a slam-dunk.

Next week the Seahawks are in a division match against the Rams, who have been bad against the run this season. Mike Davis is officially listed as Questionable, so monitor his status. I think he remains the lead back if he's able to play, and this is a decent matchup for Seattle RBs.

I snagged him in both my main leagues just to sit on him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Mike Davis argument was a push imo.

:shrug:

Edit: also you guys talked me into Davis instead of Theo on the streaming piece and look where that got us

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Dec 12, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/940690450356113408

:rip: in pieces enjoy your baffling round 5 selection next year, Jordan

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/940690450356113408

:rip: in pieces enjoy your baffling round 5 selection next year, Jordan

Dude averaged 4.5 receptions per game. Of course he will be a 5th round snag.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Alfalfa posted:

Dude averaged 4.5 receptions per game. Of course he will be a 5th round snag.

That's only if you count just the games he played in.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Jordan Reed will be the Zach Ertz of next year

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Yeah I avoid Reed like the plague. Every season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RisqueBarber posted:

I agree, but Zach Ertz had an seventh round ADP this year. Jordan Reed was drafted in the fourth after he was already hurt.

Jordan Reed in the second half of your draft erryday. In 2018.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
If god is dead and existence is a lie, would now be a good time to drop Doyle for Ebron?

Of course it is, you silly gently caress, nothing matters.

You look at Ebron's production the last four weeks, you notice the fact the Lions still have something to play for, you see Jack Doyle's lack of production and the fact the Colts don't seem to want to be the heartbreakers by beating competitive teams. So you make the move. You drop Doyle for Ebron.

Nothing happens. No one cares. None of this matters.

You ignore your own advice of patience to ride the "hot hand."

Also, KENNY BRIT JUST SIGNED WITH THE PATRIOTS! MVP Sleeper. Dudes in a coma.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

I didn't mention him this week, because I think he will have no impact. If he's on the wire, let someone else have him. I'm honestly baffled by all the Mike Davis love. I just don't get it.

He was the 38th best running back last week in 0.5 ppr. He had 15 carries for 66 yards, but one of those runs was for 21 yards. His other 14 carries were for 45 yards.

I barely cared enough to write that. In hindsight, I probably cared too much. It's okay to not care about Mike Davis. It should probably be your default emotion. :D

decypher posted:

If god is dead and existence is a lie, would now be a good time to drop Doyle for Ebron?

Of course it is, you silly gently caress, nothing matters.

You look at Ebron's production the last four weeks, you notice the fact the Lions still have something to play for, you see Jack Doyle's lack of production and the fact the Colts don't seem to want to be the heartbreakers by beating competitive teams. So you make the move. You drop Doyle for Ebron.

Nothing happens. No one cares. None of this matters.

You ignore your own advice of patience to ride the "hot hand."

Also, KENNY BRIT JUST SIGNED WITH THE PATRIOTS! MVP Sleeper. Dudes in a coma.

I touched on this in my waiver wire tight end piece.
Eric Ebron, like all tight ends, are pain.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Week 15 Waiver Wire: QB RB WR TE

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Anyone else think Cousins might be a bust for the rest of the season?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

RisqueBarber posted:

Man, I've been a huge Reed booster the last couple years but even I can't get behind this. Last year he was hurt but still performing in the games he appeared in. This year he was bad on the field while also being in a lot of pain off of it. With the concussions, he can roll the dice and just try to protect his head while still maintaining his athleticism. If the rest of the poo poo he's been through is adding up though, I don't think he finds that groove again. If his body is finally hitting the wall, his on-field production will fall off a cliff.

I think he's another bad year away from quitting.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Sataere posted:

I didn't mention him this week, because I think he will have no impact. If he's on the wire, let someone else have him. I'm honestly baffled by all the Mike Davis love. I just don't get it.

He was the 38th best running back last week in 0.5 ppr. He had 15 carries for 66 yards, but one of those runs was for 21 yards. His other 14 carries were for 45 yards.

I barely cared enough to write that. In hindsight, I probably cared too much. It's okay to not care about Mike Davis. It should probably be your default emotion. :D
It's week 15 and Mike Davis is averaging 18 touches the last two games. You shouldn't just ignore a player like that, even if he should not have been started against the Jaguars D.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

Eh, he beat Barber marginally, and all your other waiver targets last week were ~70% owned, which probably meant a good chance of not being available in competitive leagues. There's no love for Mike Davis, there's just people who need a JAG that is a safe bet for volume and no other healthy RBs to siphon away targets or (e: oops, McKissic exists) get goal line carries. I don't know if there's a disconnect where you think people are expecting more than that (I don't think anyone does), or that you think that isn't valuable (which is where I think you'd get some pushback).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah exactly.

In a 12-team league where everyone owns at least 4 running backs, that's 48 owned running backs. 38th-best means he has to be owned, and if he's on the wire, he's definitely a candidate for pickup for any team that needs a waiver wire running back.

He's the starting lead back on an NFL team. At any stage of the season, any such man must be owned. That does not mean he's an exciting guy to start or anything: but no such exciting starting guys will be on the waivers in most leagues in the late season.

Admit it, Sataere: you remember him being awful as a niner, you know in your heart he must still therefore be awful as a seahawk, and this is preventing you from recognizing that he's actually a useful player that should be owned in most formats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tiptoes posted:

It's week 15 and Mike Davis is averaging 18 touches the last two games. You shouldn't just ignore a player like that, even if he should not have been started against the Jaguars D.

The Seahawks have the lowest-scoring aggregate RB score on the year, he's their fifth-best RB and they were going up against a top-ten fantasy rush defense. If you want us to repeat the same recommendations as everywhere else when they're lovely recommendations, then I don't know what to tell you.

Like I still want to remind folks that this line of thought focusing solely on Mike Davis and his touches talked you all out of a free Theo Riddick who was freely available and who had eighteen more yards and two scores. (note this is not gloating this is a counter-example).

Sometimes touches are poo poo. Mike Davis's 66 yards rushing were the most by a Seattle RB this season since Thomas Rawls had 93 in week 3. So he was a second flex at best, despite the touches.

It's fine if you guys think he should have been in there but here's the rub: he's not great, the offensive line is a joke, the offense is all passing and they were in a terrible matchup. This is why he wasn't on there. I'm sorry we didn't copy and paste other waiver wire articles.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 13, 2017

• Locked thread