Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

loquacius posted:

still less depressing than incels

Its an Anon fesh Success Story!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Stop viewing life like a video game where you need to unlock achievements to progress. The more you obsess about wanting a long term relationship the less likely it will ever happen. Just let things happen (or not) naturally.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

loquacius posted:

The football game in question was Pats/Dolphins from last night AFAICT; maybe a good pickup line would have been "let's make out with each other instead of watching this awful game"

lol no actually it was good and funny seeing the pats lose to the freaking dolphins

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I can totally understand why a lack of any LTRs is the kind of thing you'd fret over (my sister-in-law is a few years younger than you but is having a similar reaction to a similar issue) but the only real solution is to calm the gently caress down and :chillpill: because getting thirstier won't make it any easier

Consider the lilies of the goddamn field

e:

Nooner posted:

lol no actually it was good and funny seeing the pats lose to the freaking dolphins

yeah funny :negative: :smith:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Nooner posted:

:yeah:

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Watching Tom Brady throw a tantrum like a little baby bitch at EVERY loss and Belicheck shoot death lasers out of his eyes at every post-game press conference is always worth it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Fantasizing about raping women in an anonymous confession thread doesn't seem too lulzy in 2008 or 2017. :shrug:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It's cool, the Pats are still a good football team, and in the scheme of things I am lucky that they've only really looked horrible 3 times this season as opposed to every other team except Pittsburgh and I am namasteing :)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Burt Sexual posted:

Fantasizing about raping women in an anonymous confession thread doesn't seem too lulzy in 2008 or 2017. :shrug:

It’s so darn wacky

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

It's cool, the Pats are still a good football team, and in the scheme of things I am lucky that they've only really looked horrible 3 times this season as opposed to every other team except Pittsburgh and I am namasteing :)

Fake fesh

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

loquacius posted:

If you're too young to recall Super Bowl XX the Patriots are a blessing to you

Us old people know that this, too, shall pass

(they let the loving Fridge score a touchdown what in the loving hell)

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
So, friend of friend's wife goon, what happened? Did you guys make the seks?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

The first time I ever really paid attention to football was Super Bowl XXXI, when I was 9

that one didn't end well for us either

re SBXX, man 1986 was not a good year for Boston sports lol

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

loquacius posted:

re SBXX, man 1986 was not a good year for Boston sports lol

Yeah tell me about it - that was when I was 9. That was my introduction to being a sports fan, that whole fuckin' year.

One day the Patriots will be lovely again, and I am terrified of the number of Pats fans out there who don't have the emotional scars and don't know how to deal with it. Like, I feel for you, man, but someday you're gonna have to see the elephant.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I can't imagine why nobody is interested in having a long term relationship with somebody who thinks pretending to be a rapist online is a fun prank, and that when people say "please do not rape anyone, it is bad" they are Virtue Signaling instead of just trying to convince them not to rape anyone

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ALFbrot posted:

I can't imagine why nobody is interested in having a long term relationship with somebody who thinks pretending to be a rapist online is a fun prank, and that when people say "please do not rape anyone, it is bad" they are Virtue Signaling instead of just trying to convince them not to rape anyone

anonymously pretending to plan a rape. That's like so much drat fun! GBS 1.0 :rolleyes:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

"Surely these females won't give me the LTR I deserve because of my inexperience with sex, and not because I'm a broken disgusting rear end in a top hat in dire need of therapy"

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

got any sevens posted:

Then they can b girls and get laid by all the chads

Take the pink pill

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Anything involving a guy named Fridge is cool as hell

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
When people use the term "virtue signaling" are they 100% garbage people? I've only ever heard it used by MRA people but is there ever a case where virtue signaling is a real thing?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
If he talks like he writes I'm not surprised he doesn't get laid a lot.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Police Automaton posted:

If he talksspeaks like he writes I'm not surprised he doesn't get laid a lot.

ftfy

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

BobbyK posted:

When people use the term "virtue signaling" are they 100% garbage people? I've only ever heard it used by MRA people but is there ever a case where virtue signaling is a real thing?

I've heard it used sort of legitimately in environmental circles. Like the family who just bought their 2nd luxury SUV to park in their 4 car garage in their poorly insulated exurban mcmansion which they heat/cool 24/7, but they proudly have a little sign on their lawn showing that they pay more for that hip new organic environmentally friendly gardening service because they're so green, and they only buy the most expensive organic produce at whole foods because they're doing their part for the earth.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

BobbyK posted:

At its core it’s really just an accusation of hypocrisy. So, for example, any super woke male feminist that turns out to be a sexual predator could be accused of virtue signaling. I think based on the context you could probably figure out when it’s being used legitimately or if it’s just being used to attack progressive viewpoints that you don’t like.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Not-rapist confessor: as you get older people are less tolerant if you are not good at sex...

I dunno, realistically unless you screw around forever everybody will eventually adjust to their partner. I.e. a lot of people in long-term relationships would probably be considered "not good at sex" by some random person they had sex with.
He'll if I banged a girl that wasn't my GF I'd have an idea what to do but do I know whether she likes the same things my GF does? Sex is something that gets better the better you know each other.

So what I am saying is you are not any worse off than someone who just came out of a 5 year+ relation ship. If the girl likes you as a person and. It just as a one night stand yet still doesn't give you time to learn what she likes and what she doesn't, that's not your fault.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

BobbyK posted:

yeah it is a real phrase that has meaning but like many other things it has been co-opted by people who literally can't believe that a human being can actually consider the feelings of another human being

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

fruit on the bottom posted:

At its core it’s really just an accusation of hypocrisy. So, for example, any super woke male feminist that turns out to be a sexual predator could be accused of virtue signaling. I think based on the context you could probably figure out when it’s being used legitimately or if it’s just being used to attack progressive viewpoints that you don’t like.

I'm pretty sure it's the same path as "social justice warrior" - a term that did once have an actual definition but is now mostly a dogwhistle for maga twitter nazis.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If you care about stuff you're a SJW, if you talk about the stuff you care about you're virtue-signalling.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hopper posted:

Not-rapist confessor: as you get older people are less tolerant if you are not good at sex...

I dunno, realistically unless you screw around forever everybody will eventually adjust to their partner. I.e. a lot of people in long-term relationships would probably be considered "not good at sex" by some random person they had sex with.
He'll if I banged a girl that wasn't my GF I'd have an idea what to do but do I know whether she likes the same things my GF does? Sex is something that gets better the better you know each other.

So what I am saying is you are not any worse off than someone who just came out of a 5 year+ relation ship. If the girl likes you as a person and. It just as a one night stand yet still doesn't give you time to learn what she likes and what she doesn't, that's not your fault.

Agreeing with this 100%. The important thing to remember is to make it fun every time. That's the whole point of sex (ignoring the procreation part, that is). Talk as you're doing it, ask them what they like, ask them to do things you want done to you. Sex is part of a healthy physical relationship, and just like all relationships being open and honest is a good thing.

Also friend's wife guy, speaking from experience there isn't a "go to phrase" to try and dip your toe into a married woman's pool. Either she's gonna hands down make the first move, or you're going to have to. And my money would be on you having to do it that way she can feel like she's not the one "starting" the cheating. Choke up on that bat and take a swing slugger! And then post about how wrong you were and how you're totally misreading her signals.

That reminds me, did we ever find out what happened to that one guy who's best friend's wife tried to kiss him at a party and he was gonna tell him?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Don't gently caress another mans wife. Especially if he could break you.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

fruit on the bottom posted:

Right and what I'm saying is I've never seen it used in a context that made it seem legitimate. It's always popping up on imgur comments in response to someone saying something like "Women shouldn't be harassed." Just wondering if it's like a real thing that was co-opted or just invented by MRAs. The hippie dippy suburbs hypocrite example was helpful.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

BobbyK posted:

Right and what I'm saying is I've never seen it used in a context that made it seem legitimate. It's always popping up on imgur comments in response to someone saying something like "Women shouldn't be harassed." Just wondering if it's like a real thing that was co-opted or just invented by MRAs. The hippie dippy suburbs hypocrite example was helpful.
Yeah, the hypocrite part of it is pretty similar to SJW imo. I always figured an SJW was someone who uses a veneer of progressing politics to aggressively push a controlling agenda, but not only is it now used to mean 'anyone who disagrees with me', I guess some people have decided 'is upset by my horrible opinions' as a 'controlling agenda', rather then, like, 'if you don't donate to my gofundme you hate disabled black lesbians' or whatever. Making personal issues about identity politics so you never 'lose'.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

Don't gently caress another mans wife. Especially if he could break you.

This is another good point. Can her husband kick your rear end, Hopefully Misreading a Friendship Goon?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

This is another good point. Can her husband kick your rear end, Hopefully Misreading a Friendship Goon?

Yeah. You could at least ask him if he needs a stuntcock to join in.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BobbyK posted:

In recent news, I've seen it used pretty correctly in this piece about white people making sure everybody knows how much they love when black people bail us out by voting correctly; on the other side of the spectrum, telling everybody the victims of such-and-such tragedy have your thoughts and prayers is pretty straightforward "hey look at me, everybody look how pious I am" bullshit

but yeah 90% of the time anybody actually says "virtue signaling" they mean "stop caring about stuff I don't care about :mad:"

The Internet ruins every term it learns

Anyway here's feshes

The guy who wanted to hit on his friend's wife sent a followup which is jumping the queue because it's time-sensitive and because I hosed it up last time :blush:

quote:

This is the guy that has a thing for his sort of friend's wife. Didn't really try to say anything the last time we hung out, but we have plans again tonight and also on Saturday (Saturday is going to be the better time since we'll be alone and at a Xmas market together). As far as some of the suggestions go, I can't just come right out and say it because her friendship means too much to me and if that ruins it then I'll be really upset. I also sort of stopped seeing this girl once I started hanging out with her more so I think she already has it put together a bit.

In regards to her husband kicking my rear end, I really don't have to worry about that. He's self proclaimed "woke" SJW and I used to box for years. I'd never fight him even if he was taking swings at me.

Please, any real help would be appreciated besides the "it's wrong" and "just tell her" stuff. I know that won't work on her.

I dunno man I kind of stopped doing the "elaborate dance of tension" stuff in college

quote:

My life is okay. I'm 23, have a college degree, and have a decent, if stopgap, job outside my field. I'm a functional adult like a lot of other people my age and older.

It's just that being an adult kind of sucks sometimes. Before I got this job, I had to buy an entire work wardrobe, and now I have to start considering things like ties. Ties suck. I have to pay attention to what's in fashion at the moment, and it's boring as hell. I had to learn how to iron clothes, and now I spend an hour and a half every weekend doing that instead of something fun. Plus, I'm pursuing a career in accounting, which means I'll have to keep up on field news and subscribe to a journal or two if I want to get ahead in my career, which is time spent away from stuff I want to do. I know being an adult is full of trade-offs like that, but it makes me feel like a total lameass. Sure, people are able to balance the fun things and the boring things, but I don't want to do the boring things, or at the very least, not those boring things.

My job involves scheduling people's misdemeanor court dates, so as you can imagine, there are a lot of different people running through the office. As expected, there are 18 and 19 year-olds coming through the office for whatever (usually weed tickets or traffic charges). I'm only 23, and I feel slightly old whenever I see them coming through the office. Not decrepit, but I'm starting to become aware of the fact that I'm aging. I have plenty of time left to enjoy things, but it's a small, nagging thought at the back of my head when I see people younger than me.

I was always fine with growing up, getting a job, and even paying the bills. It's just that a lot of this other stuff makes me feel like I've reached the stereotypical, boring office life.

This is normal for a 23-year-old, it's pretty much the defining feature of being that age

I'm 30 and I'm not quite over some of this stuff yet

For the record seeing people 4 or 5 years younger than you and going "wow I feel soooo oooooold" doesn't really stop in my experience

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

No body loves you when your 23
--S,mash Mouth,

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Buy non-iron shirts you loving idiot. I wear shirts every goddamn day for work and haven't touched an iron for years. Who the gently caress 'follows fashion' for tie choices? Buy something that doesn't look like it belongs on a second hand car salesman (i.e. fairly conservative, but not private banker-esque) and roll with it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Take what’s yours boxer-caveman.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I wear a suit and tie everyday and the only hint I can give you is match your tie to your shirt, don't mix stripes, and buy some fun ones for Friday/Holidays. Welcome to Tie Club!

Married buddy goon, it seems like you downgraded you and your friend's friendship since the last time. Honestly, it sounds like you know you have to tell her straight out, but are afraid of the rejection. Cutting out my normal smug assholish advice I'm gonna say, if you really can't just tell her, say something about how you really like spending time with just each other. Maybe toss something in there about wishing you met her earlier or something.

Those are still worse than just coming out and telling her you're developing a crush on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
How magnanimous of you not to hit the man whose wife you are lusting after, what a stand up guy