Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

The Bears need some wide receivers that don't break their leg every year

Speaking of, here's a partial list of free agent WR's listed by receiving yards this year:

828 Davante Adams 24 - Packers
745 Jarvis Landry 25 - Dolphins
702 Marquis Lee 26 - Jaguars
664 Paul Richardson 25 - Seahawks
565 Danny Amendola 32 - Patriots
559 Mike Wallace 31 - Ravens
549 Sammy Watkins 24 - Rams
477 Kendall Wright 28 - Bears
445 Ryan Grant 26 - Washington
425 Deonte Thompson 28 - Bills
416 Jaron Brown 27 - Cardinals
409 Eric Decker 30 - Titans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

there is zero chance the Packers let Davante walk

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
AFC sucks and we get to find out which team is more fraudulent, the one that needed last second heroics against the colts, Hundley packers, Bengals, and ravens, or the team that lost to the dolphins.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Amendola train is definitely going to come to an end this year.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Android Apocalypse posted:

I think Brady had a crap game last night. Floating passes that turn into interceptions & throwing at receivers’ feet are not how you win games. Defense seemed either slow or out of place, having to close down on angles to intercept Dolphins receivers.

Meanwhile the Steelers are keeping things close & are winning with last-second field goals. Rely on defensive stops, utilize Bell & Brown for offense. I feel that even if the Pats win next week, the Steelers are a better team & could easily make it to the Super Bowl.

The Steelers are toast unless they can replace Shazier in coverage and in outside runs. If they lose to the Pats they'll likely face both the Jags and the Pats in the playoffs so lol.

I think it would be fantastic if they could cover up their defensive weaknesses but I don't think they have the personnel. Maybe TJ Watt can magically become an ILB.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

To finally be replaced with Eric Decker as it was always destined to be.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

Speaking of, here's a partial list of free agent WR's listed by receiving yards this year:

I want Landry on the Colts so bad.

Edit: NM

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Amendola to the Texans

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I don't know how many people watched that game over Rams - Eagles, but Bortles was legit in that game.

I still don't believe in him at all, but for one game he flashed and had an excellent performance.
I did watch the game - he was legit. He has been playing really well, and I am trying to say that without being too much of a fanboy. I was really down on him at the beginning of the year because of the rumors about him being an alcoholic and just general "meh" about the franchise. The key thing is that he has steadily gotten better over the course of the year, his first full year in Hackett's offense (his third OC in four years :suicide: ).

I can tell that with a defense he can count on and a steady dose of run game, he feels more comfortable being out there and making the throws that he is being asked to make. I get the impression that the offensive staff is working really well together and making game plans tailored around a few designed plays that they practice a lot during the week so Blake is more comfortable when asked to execute them - plays like the TDs to Cole and Westbrook against the Seahawks.

A key thing that I think a lot of people forget is the injuries on offense that the Jaguars have dealt with. Of the five starting Offensive linemen, three have missed significant time and the other two have missed some time. The WR picture is even worse:
Allen Robinson: IR after the first drive of week 1
Allen Hurns: Has missed 4 or 5 weeks now due to an ankle injury
Marquise Lee: Has been dealing with a knee injury all year
Rashad Greene: IR in training camp
Bryan Walters: IR in training camp
Arrelious Benn: Went on IR mid season

That leaves the WR corps (more like corpse at this point) at a hobbled Lee, UDFA Keelan Cole, Dede Westbrook, who was on IR for 9 weeks, and KR Jaydon Mickens who does not have a lot of practice actually being a WR.

The Jaguars also do not have a great situation at TE. They traded Julius Thomas to Miami and signed Mychal Rivera, who is also on IR.

That means Blake has been throwing to the corpse of Marcedes Lewis, an injured Marquise Lee, and two rookies.

Since the bye week especially, Blake has been really sharp. He has been hitting receivers on the hands and in a few games that is what made the biggest difference in the offense doing barely enough to win instead of helping carry the team like it did against the Seahawks. The Cardinals game that they lost was the turning point for the rookie WRs because since then they have been doing something different in practice and their drop rate has gone down.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 12, 2017

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/940478812319637509

:thunk:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Kalli posted:

The 49ers have 110 million dollars in cap space. Sign them all.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Coldforge posted:

The 49ers have 110 million dollars in cap space. Sign them all.

Landry with Garrapolo and Kyle Shanahan would own pretty hard.

Whats the record for receptions in a season? It would end up close to that.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Missing FG's in that blizzard dropped Vinatieri below 90% on fg's and could cost him 500k in incentives, that's just unfair. I blame Pagano.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

As an LSU wide receiver Landry needs to fulfill his destiny by playing for the Chiefs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kiimo posted:

As an LSU wide receiver Landry needs to fulfill his destiny by playing for the Chiefs.

He’s the panthers h*ck off

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Eltoasto posted:

Missing FG's in that blizzard dropped Vinatieri below 90% on fg's and could cost him 500k in incentives, that's just unfair. I blame Pagano.

Yeah I was going to post that.

gently caress Pagano. Irsay should just give Vinny his money if he doesn't get back up to 90%.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

He’s the panthers h*ck off

This would make me super sad.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Kalli posted:

Oh hey, no one posted quick reads; http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2017/week-14-quick-reads

There's a fun break down of snow games in it as well, shockingly Brady, Roethlisberger, Favre, Jay Cutler and Ryan Fitzpatrick are the only guys with significant pass attempts in snow games (Really, no Rodgers?)

Also, since he's been pretty anonymous, I feel this worth posting:

7. Mitch Trubisky: I don't know how many people were watching the Bears and Bengals, but those who tuned in saw the best game of Trubisky's young career. He really turned it on with about 10 minutes to go in the third quarter. At that point, Chicago was clinging to a 12-7 lead. But on the Bears' final five drives, he went 7-of-8 for 91 yards and a touchdown, plus a DPI for 1 more yard and another first down.

quote:

LeSean McCoy had 32 carries for 156 yards yesterday, and now leads all player with 598 rushing yards and 760 yards from scrimmage in snow games. Other top rushers include Ahman Green (566), Le'Veon Bell (501), Matt Forte (361), and LaDainian Tomlinson (346). Tomlinson's name is a surprise, but he did play in three snow games, all while on road trips for the Chargers. The yards from scrimmage leaders are basically the same names, with Kevin Faulk (417) replacing Tomlinson.

Shady is officially the King of Snow.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Zerilan posted:

There were some glaringly awful mechanics and footwork and other issues he still had early in the season, that were improved significantly by midseason. First year being a mulligan is probably accurate. Fisher had neither the ability nor willingness to coach up young QBs.

Yeah he's got some issues still like holding onto the ball too long and not doing a great job protecting the ball and himself when protection breaks down. He's also awful throwing on the run, but he looks like he has a strong grasp on all the offense McVay has thrown at him so far and he wants and has the motivation to get better.

Kalli posted:

I want Adams or Landry, but both are going to get DeAndre Hopkins contracts if they hit free agency. I would be okay if the Rams were able to bring Watkins back as a bargin and give him the benefit of an entire offseason with Goff.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

there is zero chance the Packers let Davante walk

It’s the packers...I wouldn’t put it past them.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Allen Robinson will also be a FA but he will be recovering from an ACL. I am hoping the Jaguars sign him to a long-term incetive-laden contract or give him a good 2 year deal to see how he is a year after his ACL repair.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Which one of these guys is the best deep threat?

You know.

From MAHOMES.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

Which one of these guys is the best deep threat?

You know.

From MAHOMES.

Probably Richardson

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

pubic works project posted:

Probably Richardson

gently caress off, he's ours :colbert:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Anti-Hero posted:

It’s the packers...I wouldn’t put it past them.

Nelson is getting old and slow, Cobb has lost whatever magic he used to have. Adams is a rising star and looks 10x the player right now that Micah Hyde and Casey Hayward were looking when the Packers were considering whether to keep them. They didn't let Perry go, they won't let Adams go.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Hey man I don't give a gently caress who gets who as long as Ballard gets Landry.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

classic choke artist

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

whypick1 posted:

Like y’all are actually gonna pay another offensive player.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The "contract value" of these guys is curious.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

Adams:

Market Value

5 yrs, $54,827,969
Avg. Salary: $10,965,594
NFL Rank: #90
WR Rank: #12

Landry:

Market Value

5 yrs, $71,878,425
Avg. Salary: $14,375,685
NFL Rank: 43
WR Rank: 4

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The power of Helicopter Growth Hormones

https://www.hobbytron.com/TomBradyBlitzBots35CHIRRCHelicopterSuperbowlLIEdition1of1200.html

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Nelson is getting old and slow, Cobb has lost whatever magic he used to have. Adams is a rising star and looks 10x the player right now that Micah Hyde and Casey Hayward were looking when the Packers were considering whether to keep them. They didn't let Perry go, they won't let Adams go.

This all makes sense...but with Capers still hanging around I don’t have much faith they’ll actually do the smart thing.

Nov 6, 2002

Why does he look like Ted Cruz?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Why are all my white elephant Christmas parties already over??

Perfect for the Pats fans or the non-Pats fan. Because, make mechacopter Tom Brady crash into poo poo.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/940687307195154432

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Lmao

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

what

Chris Hogan's just back from injury

Malcolm Mitchell is supposed to be soon as well, I guess if he can't go, Kenny Britt makes more sense then wasting snaps on Philip Dorsett, but seriously?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Good deal for him. Get a huge payday to do nothing on the Browns, then win a ring with the Patriots.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Didn't someone predict this a few pages ago?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

I'm speechless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

That's not the Browns WR I wanted.

Kalli posted:

what

Chris Hogan's just back from injury

Malcolm Mitchell is supposed to be soon as well, I guess if he can't go, Kenny Britt makes more sense then wasting snaps on Philip Dorsett, but seriously?

You can only activate two players from IR. Maybe they don't want to use those two spots on Mitchell.

• Locked thread