Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Pakled posted:

Todd, probably.

You’ve got me there.
Balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ullerrm posted:

Name a single character in this comic that isn't frequently disappointed by Teodor

Phillippe. Seriously, just look at how happy he is with just one sentence from the guy. Disappointment doesn't last that long with the kid.

Why did Ray email me a link to a "Chicks with Dicks" site at 4am

He didn't even write a note

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Plus Onstad's established many times that Teodor's a good cook

He is, but he also tends to overextend himself and let his mouth write checks his talent can’t cash (see Roast Beef’s wedding)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Teodor has skill but he always chokes when there's something on the line.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Teodor is probably the second-most universally relatable character in Achewood, after Roast Beef

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"The report also states that you declared yourself 'all punked up on Jupiter oil' and claimed to 'roll fifty deep.'"

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Pakled posted:

Teodor is probably the second-most universally relatable character in Achewood, after Roast Beef

"There. What's it like having a chainsaw."

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Plus Onstad's established many times that Teodor's a good cook

I've always wondered why Teodor has many impressive job skills but only strings together a living from gigs and part-time work. I've never known that type of guy. But then he had those nightmares about getting hired to cater a huge conference, and then that actually happened at Beef's wedding--he failed because he assumed he'd be doing everything himself and planned the event out in 15-second increments. He sets impossible goals and can't work in a group.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Halloween Jack posted:

I've always wondered why Teodor has many impressive job skills but only strings together a living from gigs and part-time work. I've never known that type of guy. But then he had those nightmares about getting hired to cater a huge conference, and then that actually happened at Beef's wedding--he failed because he assumed he'd be doing everything himself and planned the event out in 15-second increments. He sets impossible goals and can't work in a group.

I think you need to go re-read things. He marked things out like that because he was trying to fit in a few days of work into a few hours. The reason he was trying to do that was him and Beef had a fight over the menu. Teodor wanted to really show off his skills, and forgot that you cook for the audience. Beef and T made up the night before, but that still meant cramming everything together.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

JethroMcB posted:

Phillippe. Seriously, just look at how happy he is with just one sentence from the guy. Disappointment doesn't last that long with the kid.

Why did Ray email me a link to a "Chicks with Dicks" site at 4am

He didn't even write a note

The alt text on this one is so good.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Now I'm wondering if I even like kings.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

"There. What's it like having a chainsaw."

You're MAD at me! SHAME on you!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pakled posted:

Todd, probably.
Well not frequently, but if your expectation is that someone whose house you sleep in rent-free in a wadded-up pissed-on hoodie will just give you $20 for coke, you are going to be disappointed.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Simian_Prime posted:

He is, but he also tends to overextend himself and let his mouth write checks his talent can’t cash (see Roast Beef’s wedding)
He could stand to learn something from the toilet at the airport.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

The FCC finally deregulated telegram services today, 10+ years after the last telegram was sent in the US.

Somewhere, Ajit Pai is pissing into an empty and wondering if the moss growing on his scalp counts as "having a haircut."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

He could stand to learn something from the toilet at the airport.

The toliet at the airport teaches us a lot of lessons about honesty, patience and forgiveness.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

JethroMcB posted:

The toliet at the airport teaches us a lot of lessons about honesty, patience and forgiveness.
It's kind of the main symbol of our time.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

ullerrm posted:

The FCC finally deregulated telegram services today, 10+ years after the last telegram was sent in the US.

Somewhere, Ajit Pai is pissing into an empty and wondering if the moss growing on his scalp counts as "having a haircut."

What hath Good wrought stop

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:ohdear:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Just…it needs to get dressed. Please.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I don't feel like I have alot of outs here.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This random tweet came up over in PYF:
https://twitter.com/botnikstudios/status/940627812259696643

and now I'm sad that Onstad didn't use the phrase "Magic: it was something that Harry Potter thought was very good" at some point, especially since he literally had Harry Potter fanfic appear multiple times over the years

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Lyle's Lyle shirt was just as bad as Lyle himself.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
"I'm Philippe! The dark arts better be worried, oh boy!"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"We made too much money," said Harry.
"Yes," Ron said quietly. "We made too much money."

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
"We're the only people who matter. He's never going to get rid of us," is a very Onstadian line.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

quote:

The password was "BEEF WOMEN," Hermione cried.
Man, even Hermione's on to him now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"The three complete friends" is a wonderful line too.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

MMAgCh posted:

Man, even Hermione's on to him now.

Denise

your hams are large and unfasionable but I am down

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Every time I hear the song, I think "Y'all be like a queer Jack Frost, cold nipping at my hose" and giggle.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Stiv dropped Harry with a fat one to the mug and tossed him behind the couch. He didn't need the kid around for what came next.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Denise

your hams are large and unfasionable but I am down

I dated a Denise with large hams, and I never didn't think of this.

Large hams are extremely fashionable. Beef was just being defensive about transitioning.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
And then the strip where Molly catches him staring at a corpulent woman

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Calaveron posted:

"Sorry to give you furries such primo j/o material at work"

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Calaveron posted:

Are... are ALL my dudes breast men?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zefiel posted:

Are... are ALL my dudes breast men?

entropy9

(As I got older I pulled the reverse Ray, but I still get a beer with my Ranchones when I order them Beer Style)

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Is there a giant text file of Achewood stuff? I want to feed it into this predictive keyboard
http://apps.botnik.org/

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Oooh do the blogs. Earlier someone linked to some sort of spreadsheet that has them in order, I don't know if they ever got compiled. The Honor Shop in the Achewood page also has some text stuff I believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The comics have all been transcribed so they're searchable, but i don't know how easy it would be to scrape.