Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Katt posted:

Maybe he said that he didn't recall meeting them.

But... I thought he had one of the greatest memories of all time :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

ReidRansom posted:

If you require one AND make it very difficult to obtain, it is suppression. In the states that do it here, they go hand in hand, including closing offices where you can get an ID in the areas where people they don't want voting live.
I can't find the article anymore, does anyone have a bookmark to the one about the ID place in Texas that's only open the 5th Wednesday of the month or something ridiculous like that?

Koalas March posted:

Industry chatter knew about Weinstein, Spacey and Synger long before the general public. Believe it or not everyone in the entertainment bubble is well connected and gossip is a commodity for us. People know things and they talk. Trust me on this.

Edit: I'm gonna add that earlier this year I was filming a reality show pilot in Los Angeles and San Clemente and got an offer from someone who was trying to connect me with Weinstein's office. The other person I was working with warned against that.
If anyone wants to read more, this has been known for years. http://defamer.gawker.com/tell-us-what-you-know-about-harvey-weinsteins-open-sec-1695071092

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Because you're a relentless misogynist, dumbfuck.

Awww thanks. :) I like you too.

I will take this opportunity to reflect and realize that when I said " maybe we shouldn't call people dicks" it's because I'm a woman hating troglodyte.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Completely off topic but KM I've read bits and pieces about your work situation itt. If you're ever back in LA and looking for set PA or production office work please send me a PM.

Back on topic though, KM is right about the industry knowing about all these guys before any of it blew up. Everyone knew not to get involved with those guys.

That being said, a lot of those same rumor mills trade in fake/exaggerated info too. Rose McGowan herself, for example, has been the subject of some pretty heinous, mysoginistic, and blatantly false conversations I've heard.

Thank you! yeah, I'm trying to save up to relocate. gently caress Michigan.

But you're absolutely right about Rose, etc. It's a double edged sword. Take everything with a grain of salt. The only person I lean towards trusting is Lainey.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i think a bunch of imperfect people can collectively drag a bunch of sexist dudes out of their seats of power and it is cool and good

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Tatsuta Age posted:

What's a lamington

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamington

They're great.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Katt posted:

Maybe he said that he didn't recall meeting them.

"Look, I've been a lecherous creep to so many women over the years, you can't expect me to recall every single one of them individually."

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Those ones he didn't know.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
The best burn

https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status/940624778590900224?s=17

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

:discourse:

It’s pretty great that Trump just threw his hat back into the sex offender ring right when disgusting powerful men are finally facing at least some consequences.

He’s incapable of keeping his mouth shut. He really should have kept his head down instead of coming to the defense of a serially assaulting pedo, but instead he comes out swinging with full blown Moore support and trying to deny his own creepiness by attacking his accusers.

It’s difficult for me to imagine Trump playing this situation worse other than coming out full crazy and saying “rape is good for women” or something equally insane.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of a Trump binge.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

NYTimes has the needles of doom posted.

OPEN THE BLOODGATES

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Tatsuta Age posted:

What's a lamington

2000 pounds of Lamings

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Nth Doctor posted:

OPEN THE BLOODGATES

Time to see if Alabama prefers pedofile or democrat.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Nth Doctor posted:

OPEN THE BLOODGATES

Slam the exit polls into my bloodstream directly

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

RasperFat posted:

It’s pretty great that Trump just threw his hat back into the sex offender ring right when disgusting powerful men are finally facing at least some consequences.

He’s incapable of keeping his mouth shut. He really should have kept his head down instead of coming to the defense of a serially assaulting pedo, but instead he comes out swinging with full blown Moore support and trying to deny his own creepiness by attacking his accusers.

It’s difficult for me to imagine Trump playing this situation worse other than coming out full crazy and saying “rape is good for women” or something equally insane.

It's truly stunned to me that the vast majority of his wounds are self inflicted.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

RasperFat posted:

I mean he did just today suggest that a sitting opposition politician had offered him sexual favors in return for donations in the past so he's p close to the 'actually rape is awesome' line.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

“Let the people of Alabama speak and decide through their votes... unless, that is, they vote for something we don’t like in which case lol gently caress ‘em, democracy was a mistake.” - Senator Turtle

Edit:

Blitz7x posted:

This is gonna be the best trip or the worst. We’re gonna wake up on a beautiful coastline with wonderful patchy memories or in a sex dungeon run by a gimp named “Mr. Fister”. Hold on to your asses, kids.

funeral home DJ fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 12, 2017

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Blitz7x posted:

I don't think the exit polls are going to be accurate today and will be skewed towards Jones.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

RasperFat posted:

we can always hope

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Your Taint posted:

I don't think the exit polls are going to be accurate today and will be skewed towards Jones.

you could have stopped after the first three words

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Your Taint posted:

Awww thanks. :) I like you too.

I will take this opportunity to reflect and realize that when I said " maybe we shouldn't call people dicks" it's because I'm a woman hating troglodyte.

You already tried the huggy bear schtick on me and it didn't work then either. And stop loving lying you steaming pile of dogshit. You didn't say "maybe we should stop calling people dicks" in a vacuum, you disingenuously equated it with calling women cunts, and then people schooled you on how ignorant and transparently misogyny-motivated that was, while you unleashed steaming coils of bullshit all over the thread.

And then JUST TODAY you whipped out some antediluvian misogyny about Huckabee Sanders because the worst thing your bigotry-addled mind can think to say about a woman presently engaged in dismantling our democracy is that she might not be submissive to her husband enough.

You are a loving oil slick polluting the sea of humanity and I will remind you of that fact every day until you loving die. Go to hell.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Nth Doctor posted:

OPEN THE BLOODGATES

Oh my god nobody voted :(

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

What impact could the Alabama Senate race on the new tax bill?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Your Taint posted:

My prediction: Moore will win by 0.2% above the threshold to necessary to ensure a recount is not triggered

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

I wonder if the Dems can credibly threaten enough procedural votes and and other delay tactics to really drag any business out if Jones isn't seated promptly.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Jake Tapper is currently speaking with a human potato on CNN. The guy was sitting there with his mouth open and a blank expression on his face while Tapper was talking and I eagerly awaited the name and title to flash on the screen.

"Ted Crockett - Roy Moore Campaign Spokesman"

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Late, but this feels like that testing the waters bullshit. Like when a racist tells a racist joke and laughs it off, then watches to see your response. Oh, you agreed? Let's push a bit more to see what's appropriate. Like, Moore was trying to see what this guy was okay with. Too young? Haha oh what a weird accident, the guy with a history of molesting and hitting on children RANDOMLY found the brothel!

Yeah, and my fat rear end just happened to stumble on Wendys.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Kubrick posted:

It's causing McConnel's sphincter to tighten as he rushes to get something done by the end of the week.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Kubrick posted:

None if the turtle has anything to say about it.

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/940689768656113666

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

You already tried the huggy bear schtick on me and it didn't work then either. And stop loving lying you steaming pile of dogshit. You didn't say "maybe we should stop calling people dicks" in a vacuum, you disingenuously equated it with calling women cunts, and then people schooled you on how ignorant and transparently misogyny-motivated that was, while you unleashed steaming coils of bullshit all over the thread.

And then JUST TODAY you whipped out some antediluvian misogyny about Huckabee Sanders because the worst thing your bigotry-addled mind can think to say about a woman presently engaged in dismantling our democracy is that she might not be submissive to her husband enough.

You are a loving oil slick polluting the sea of humanity and I will remind you of that fact every day until you loving die. Go to hell.

Yes, just today I said I felt sorry for her husband because she is so unpleasant. I'm so terrible.

Some creative prose in there. 8/10 would read again.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Annointed posted:

Time to see if Alabama prefers guy who fucks children or fucks everyone.

fixed

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Cat post for all the snipes that failed to provide.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Nth Doctor posted:

OPEN THE BLOODGATES

it's currently dead even :toot:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Javes posted:

None if the turtle has anything to say about it.

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/940689768656113666

Honestly if it's a close race it won't be certified til then anyway.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

pepito sanchez posted:

it's just so weird. here in uruguay, every citizen is required to vote for president, on a weekend, or pay a fine. it's very simple stuff. our entire constitution and government is modeled after USA's.

it's also probably why we still have a strong five or so parties. easy to say with a population of ~3mil. i suppose.

We can't even get the loving "on a weekend" part right.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Jake Tapper is currently speaking with a human potato on CNN. The guy was sitting there with his mouth open and a blank expression on his face while Tapper was talking and I eagerly awaited the name and title to flash on the screen.

"Ted Crockett - Roy Moore Campaign Spokesman"

Jake Tapper telling him you don't actually have to be sworn in on a Christian bible followed by a good 15 seconds of silence was incredible.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

It's legitimately weird that he doesn't get that a normal person would have said "Imagine having to sit around the Thanksgiving table with her" or something similar, implying familial obligation without all the weird baggage that comes from jumping straight towards marriage

"Imagine being her friend", even. She's extremely unpleasant down to her soul

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

I also had to look up "democracy sausage". I thought it was another name for gloryhole. :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

A literal "both sides" take.

• Locked thread