Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
You're the goon at the bottom of the well

Please stop digging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Dear God spoiler that poo poo.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Javes posted:

None if the turtle has anything to say about it.

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/940689768656113666

I'm more pissed he's giving me false hope. If his turtle-butthole is puckering this bad he might have gotten word that things aren't as locked as he thought. But we all know Alabama isn't gonna surprise us.

Lobok posted:

A lot of Nazis are being lionized these days.

:five:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Really, everyone should just use "rear end in a top hat" all the time because it's the only non-gendered, non-racial, non-people with mental disabilities insult that gets across exactly what it needs to and has a pretty good range of 'mild disgust' to 'hatred of a billion suns'. Vote for rear end in a top hat.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Deleted

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 12, 2017

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Take it to loving FYAD, Jesus. I want to pound Whisky and read hot takes on Mr. Alabama’s Wild Ride.

Edit: Aaaahhhhh gently caress you, goddamnit that’s gross.:gonk:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

mango sentinel posted:

No and no. It's a regular day at most businesses. Most states (including Alabama) have some form of law requiring at least some time off to vote, but restrictions vary state to state. Some states don't have laws about it at all.

In Alabama an employer must give you one hour to go vote if polls are not open at least two hours before your shift starts or one hour after it ends. Employees must give notice they need to vote. This is not a paid break.

Yeah, technically everywhere is supposed to give you time off to vote. Your employer can't explicitly tell you you CANT go vote, but they don't have to make it easy.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lobok posted:

I really liked this post.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

dbukalski posted:

is mail in vote not a thing in every state?

No. It is not.

I voted by mail in the election last year here in Texas, but my mail-in ballot couldn't be sent to my home address in the county where I live, because that assumes I'm there and could meander my way down to vote in person, even though I was leaving a month before the election to spend two months a thousand miles out at sea. So I had to have my ballot sent to my parents in anther part of the state and then they send it on back to me. When I complained about this to my state representative and senator, one of their offices told me "well, if anything we want to make it harder still to vote". hosed up.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress. Y--

https://twitter.com/infinite_scream/status/940700362440429568

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Ripoff posted:

Take it to loving FYAD, Jesus. I want to pound Whisky and read hot takes on Mr. Alabama’s Wild Ride.

I like my whiskey like a Roy Moore likes his women,

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

imagine this stroking your hair and breathing heavily into your neck

he calls you ivanka

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

mango sentinel posted:

No and no. It's a regular day at most businesses. Most states (including Alabama) have some form of law requiring at least some time off to vote, but restrictions vary state to state. Some states don't have laws about it at all.

In Alabama an employer must give you one hour to go vote if polls are not open at least two hours before your shift starts or one hour after it ends. Employees must give notice they need to vote. This is not a paid break.

Also it's just one hour, so you better have reliable transportation BACK to your home area to vote, then back to work. And gently caress you if the commute is too long!

Everyones Favorite Poster
Dec 6, 2017

:toot:

Memnaelar posted:

Nah. Given the fact that the turtle was all about holding up Merrick Garland for a year because he claimed traditional process wouldn't serve the voice of the American people, I think it's pretty fair to say that the jerk only observes norms when they directly suit him. The voice of the American people should prevent Strange from casting a vote for either Jones or Moore by McConnell's logic, but of course, that isn't expedient towards today's objective so yesterday's arguments are loooong forgotten.

Umm again, read the article. All for making GBS threads on McConnell but that's not how the senate works. He can't unilaterally decide when someone in sworn in.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Your Taint posted:

So criticising a woman is sexist. Got it. Thank you for educating me, TB, noted scholar of all things sexist and not sexist.

Oh cool so we've progressed to the part where your disgusting lying rear end pretends I didn't write a whole post explaining why your noxious bullshit was sexist. You're literally employing the same logic as those fuckers (that I'm sure you idolize) saying "don't rape women? So we can't even TALK to them??"

The acceptable thing is acceptable, the unacceptable thing is not. This is not too complicated even for that diarrhea bucket you call a brain.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Classtoise posted:

I'm more pissed he's giving me false hope. If his turtle-butthole is puckering this bad he might have gotten word that things aren't as locked as he thought. But we all know Alabama isn't gonna surprise us.

:five:

to be fair. he hates both of them and he hates moore more. they were gonna do this either way.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

i'm the "berries and cream guy" haircut

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

He's making the "come hither" gesture with his finger. It's subtle, like the Mona Lisa smile.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
DUDE.

STOP.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
CNN is going to have their first exit poll results if anyone cares.

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

Javes posted:

Thank you.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

mistaya posted:

Vote for rear end in a top hat.

Isn't that why we're in this mess?

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
America isn't a functioning democracy, and Alabama is only marginally worse than other States. I hope this post has helped you.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Javes posted:

From the article:"The Alabama secretary of State will have to certify the election results before the winner can be sworn in, a process that was already expected to take weeks."

She's blowing this out of proportion.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

You're worse than Hitler.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

hanales posted:

Serious question: Do they shut stuff down and people know to like, grocery shop the day before? Or do they overstaff everywhere so people can leave to go vote?

I've always wondered the logistics of things like that. Like in the US even gas stations and some restaurants are open on like, christmas day and other days people are all expected to "have off". I can't imagine a completely shut down day annually.

stuff gets somewhat shut down. i'm sorry, i forget the law's specifics, but there's time off to go vote (if you're voting and don't want to pay the fine).

tt's an extremely simple system:
- no alcohol sales the day before (i think it's stupid but whatever)
- everyone in the country is as registered to vote as much as they're registered as citizens
- go loving vote

the day itself isn't a big deal. employers have to go vote as much as their employees.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Your Taint posted:

CNN is going to have their first exit poll results if anyone cares.

shut up

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
up here so high i start to shake up here so high the sky i scrape
My mom constantly wonders about what things are like for the wife/husband of people with bad personalities, I will be sure to inform her that she is being sexist.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Classtoise posted:

Isn't that why we're in this mess?

Naw, Trump prefers his misogynistic/bigoted slurs when he's around his very fine people. He would never use a proper 'pc' insult like rear end in a top hat.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Lobok posted:

:vince:

Admiral
Dec 14, 2000

If you see this man, slap him in the nuts for me.

hanales posted:

I've always wondered the logistics of things like that. Like in the US even gas stations and some restaurants are open on like, christmas day and other days people are all expected to "have off". I can't imagine a completely shut down day annually.

Here in Australia you can place a vote before the actual Saturday at many places throughout most cities, including by post. Also, only the most dickish employers wouldn't let their employees take half an hour out of their day to go vote.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Oh cool so we've progressed to the part where your disgusting lying rear end pretends I didn't write a whole post explaining why your noxious bullshit was sexist. You're literally employing the same logic as those fuckers (that I'm sure you idolize) saying "don't rape women? So we can't even TALK to them??"

The acceptable thing is acceptable, the unacceptable thing is not. This is not too complicated even for that diarrhea bucket you call a brain.

You're right. I'll go think about what I did wrong while crying in the corner. Thank you, Miss 64 probations, for telling me what is acceptable. You're a hero. :)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

It's insane. This guy's taint.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

So I have almost no hope that democrat can win a senate seat in Alabama in 2017. Maybe if the election had come in the immediate shock of the Moore news, but not after a month.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm toxxing myself TCC style: if doug jones wins, I'm gonna take LSD tomorrow to celebrate

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ogmius815 posted:

So I have almost no hope that democrat can win a senate seat in Alabama in 2017. Maybe if the election had come in the immediate shock of the Moore news, but not after a month.
Has it really been a month? It's... weird. For some reason it felt like it was just a few days ago.

I guess staying away from this thread every once in a while has its advantages.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Exit polls are literally worse than useless.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

pseudorandom name posted:

It is a type of sandwich.

Democracy sausages are much better uncircumcised.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Your Taint posted:

You're right. I'll go think about what I did wrong while crying in the corner. Thank you, Miss 64 probations, for telling me what is acceptable. You're a hero. :)

Her rap sheet is infinitely more amusing than yours, which is mostly you making some of the worst jokes in history like calling Golden Tate Golden taint, and making dogwhistle racism jokes about the loving looters of Katrina 12 years after the fact.

You are writing checks your infantile wit cannot cash here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Xae posted:

Gonna be funny when the Microbrew bubble collapses and takes the beard wax market with it.
People are never going to stop drinking, and pretending to be a beer snob is a way for millions of people to pretend they're enthusiasts and experts and not alcoholics drinking beer at 10 AM. See also: wine experts.

Not everybody has the Trump thread and the endless dipshit "I'm not racist or sexist but" brigade giving them a case of the fuckits.

• Locked thread