Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
On the subject of Camelot stuff, I wonder if we'll ever get a second event to add some of the servants that didn't make the cut the first time around. Kay, Agravain, Gareth, Percival, Guinevere, and Morgan La Fay have all already shown up or been referred to in some media or other, and some even already have character designs. Hell, Agravain already has a character portrait, and Gareth's already officially been made a woman. It's only a matter of time before they fall into the gacha.

LightningSquid posted:

I want Artoria to be buffed so I stop being a little bit mad that I pulled her in the paid gacha. Maybe in 2025.

On another note how cool are the other Alters? I really like Santa and Jalter, and I'm hoping the other ones are fun too, because I'm sort of getting the urge to try to collect all the edgelords.

Saber is fine, just a little bland. There are plenty of servants who are outright mediocre.

As for the alters:

Arturia Lancer Alter is pretty good. Her NP' effects are a bit situational, but her second skill is amazing, and arguably puts her over her non-alter version. Unfortunately her role in the story is quite small, and from what I remember of her event appearances she mostly seemed to show up to have boob jokes made about her.

Cu Alter is one of the best berserkers out there. I'm not a huge fan of his design, personally, but I know some really like it. He is super edgy but somehow has seemed to avoid becoming a gag character, unlike almost every other alter. You'll see a ton of him in America.

Jeanne D'arc Alter Santa Lily has almost no Alter component left to her and is not that great a servant, but I think she's one of the few child servants in this game that manages to be cute but not in a creepy way? Plus she's also free, unlike everyone else on this list.

Mysterious Heroine X Alter is a star wars gag servant based on a gag servant that was revamped into a star wars gag servant, and last I checked she was not very good, but she's had a strengthening quest added since then, and her design is nice, at least.

Emiya Alter brought up an awkward racial joke or two when he came out, but his NP is cool, his concept is cool, and he's super edgy if that's your thing.

Arturia Rider Maid Alter has cool animations and NP but is a little nonsensical. Has some neat skills, though, and if you want more Saber Alter, there you go.

I think that's all of them at this point? Basically, all we need is one more Arturia Alter and you can put together a full 6-man team of them.

Bakanogami fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Dec 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Maid Alter is good because she directly references the greatest thing Type Moon has ever done.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Stallion Cabana posted:

Well if you earn Gilgamesh's respect as a Master he'll actually try for you and that's when he's dangerous.
In the early jp version, gil’s attack animations are basically kid gil with the low effort gate spam. He essentially didn’t move from his spot or perform any physical assertions.

Then his second(?) interlude come out where you proves your worth to him, which he become a bit more motivated for the mc and told you that you will see it soon.

His animation revamp applied right after, but that is already auto applied in out NA ver. He jump up to air-fire second buster, different gate attack directions instead of stright spam, he pull out a (herk?) axe in his extra to add in a melee slash, and his Np goes from gate spam to EA.

The dude just lack motivation and tired of bs. :(

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I kind of wish Lancer Artoria Alter and Mordred were on the same banner rather than with Tesla/Fran respectively, because I'm interested in their characters and L.A.A. is unfortunately story locked.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Bakanogami posted:

Cu Alter is one of the best berserkers out there. I'm not a huge fan of his design, personally, but I know some really like it. He is super edgy but somehow has seemed to avoid becoming a gag character, unlike almost every other alter.

Seems like OG Cu fell on that lance for him.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Retcon posted:

So, the 50 extra spaces for the Second Archive was unintentional. They're taking it away and giving everyone one quartz as an apology. Can't say I was using the space, but that's pretty lame,

Well, I guess that will learn people for complaining about not getting free poo poo. :(

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Bakanogami posted:

Mysterious Heroine X Alter is a star wars gag servant based on a gag servant that was revamped into a star wars gag servant, and last I checked she was not very good, but she's had a strengthening quest added since then, and her design is nice, at least.

I actually find MHXA to be solid post-strengthening, personally. She's still not amazing, but she's a ST Berserker with double damage buffs with great NP gain and p. good stargen with her Quick buff up. Her lack of any real defensive skills still sucks, but her offense is fine now, IMO.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Speaking of MHX, I wonder if someone still has the April Fools browser mini-game she originated from archived.

I recall that when it came out people were scurrying along trying to rip out all the scripts, images and sound effects, but were running into issues fetching some of the files. So maybe it never got to the point it was translated either.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 12, 2017

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Stallion Cabana posted:

Well if you earn Gilgamesh's respect as a Master he'll actually try for you and that's when he's dangerous.

Another reason you should read Strange/Fake is that Gilgamesh actually respects his Master in that and, when combined with other circumstances, promises he's actually going to try and win this time.

That's why it's called strange and fake.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Does Robin's +200-250% bonus to his NP get applied to the raw total multiplier (so 1500% becomes 1700-1750%) or is it a separate multiplier? Ever since the NP card damage talk from a while back I've been trying to calculate out some NPs out of curiosity and trying to figure out for example how Robin beats out Caesar in these charts despite Caesar having higher attack and a lot more boosts from his level 1 skills which the chart supposedly takes into account in the first bar.

E: I assume it's the "powerMod" in this calculation, and thus is added afterwards? The math seems to make sense if so. Also lol is that you Kyte in that post?

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 12, 2017

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Sophism posted:

Speaking of MHX, I wonder if someone still has the April Fools browser mini-game she originated from archived.

I recall that when it came out people were scurrying along trying to rip out all the scripts, images and sound effects, but were running into issue fetching some of the files. So maybe it never got to the point it was translated either.
Nah it was ripped just fine: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?a3s573ye899o9ed
It might not work perfectly without putting it on a web server because of security things browsers have added to file:// addresses since then, but the stuff itself is fine.

Some people translated the first few bits but as often happens with Commie and TM they didn't give enough of a poo poo to finish. Here's the Intro, Ch1, Ch2.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 12, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I'm a bit surprised at how quickly 2000 or so exp cards vanished down the drain, but hey I have 16 fully levelled Servants now so I'm not complaining.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nate RFB posted:

Does Robin's +200-250% bonus to his NP get applied to the raw total multiplier (so 1500% becomes 1700-1750%) or is it a separate multiplier? Ever since the NP card damage talk from a while back I've been trying to calculate out some NPs out of curiosity and trying to figure out for example how Robin beats out Caesar in these charts despite Caesar having higher attack and a lot more boosts from his level 1 skills which the chart supposedly takes into account in the first bar.

E: I assume it's the "powerMod" in this calculation, and thus is added afterwards? The math seems to make since if so. Also lol is that you Kyte in that post?

:psyduck: Vlad's NP is... a lot lower on these charts than I'd expect, even not against shielder. I guess I've literally never used his NP1 though since I got two very close together.

E: do Kiyo and Elizabeth do extra damage if the NP only hits one enemy? I don't recall that being listed anywhere.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 12, 2017

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

The boss of D‘Eons interlude is a bit ridiculous. He had no chance of killing me since I went in with a support Tamamo and my own Medea Lily, but even Scathach firing off a God Slayer enhanced NP barely put a dent in his HP.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Where in the world does that "0.23" come from in that damage calculation? Just a flat -77% that DW applies to its damage calculation that people figured out from crunching the numbers?

Taciturn Tactician posted:

E: do Kiyo and Elizabeth do extra damage if the NP only hits one enemy? I don't recall that being listed anywhere.
That would eliminate the downside to having an AOE NP in the first place, so no.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 12, 2017

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nate RFB posted:

That would eliminate the downside to having an AOE NP in the first place, so no.

It's on those charts, though, they have a bar for bonus damage that says "for one target"?

E:

Retcon posted:

The boss of D‘Eons interlude is a bit ridiculous. He had no chance of killing me since I went in with a support Tamamo and my own Medea Lily, but even Scathach firing off a God Slayer enhanced NP barely put a dent in his HP.

Speaking as someone who runs a lot of berserkers, that fight suuuucked. :negative:

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Dec 12, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It's on those charts, though, they have a bar for bonus damage that says "for one target"?
Oh that's probably referring to targets who got a Defense down skill used on them. They can boost their damage of course with such a skill, but only against one target at a time.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Retcon posted:

The "easy" way is taking multiple death-inflicting NPs and scumming it if they don't land.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nate RFB posted:

Oh that's probably referring to targets who got a Defense down skill used on them. They can boost their damage of course with such a skill, but only against one target at a time.

Ah, that makes sense.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Motto posted:

The "easy" way is taking multiple death-inflicting NPs and scumming it if they don't land.
I was wondering if that would work since he was just a recolored ghost. Well, brute force ended up being good enough, thanks to Medea Lily keeping Scathach alive.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
instant kill works on recolored ghosts, evidence A:

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

Bakanogami posted:

Arturia Rider Maid Alter

Good god, whenever I think this game can't get more anime...

Also I'm glad to know that Cu Alter is good, he's one of the ones I'm the most interested in. It's a shame he and Jalter come relatively close together.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

LightningSquid posted:

Good god, whenever I think this game can't get more anime...

*takes off glasses dramatically* good god, gentlemen... the Anime

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nate RFB posted:

Where in the world does that "0.23" come from in that damage calculation? Just a flat -77% that DW applies to its damage calculation that people figured out from crunching the numbers?
Among the many tables in the game's pseudo-database (it's just a bigass json, they really should put a real sqlite in there...), there's one for global constants like "Chance for Great Success" and whatnot. One of the values there is for damage scaling, and it says 230. The game divides everything by 1000.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That is all genuinely fascinating to me. Math is cool.

Another thing that stood out was the terminology with some servants' NP damage. Robin, Bryn, Gil, Carmilla get boosts to their NP under certain circumstances and this is labeled "Special Damage", acting as a flat increase applied after the fact. Jack's on the other hand is labeled "Own Damage" presumably because the effect propagates through to all other cards she uses. But because of that distinction, the boost is "50%" at regular overcharge even though it seems to work out to the same 1.5x effect that say Byrn gets on hers.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So I think George may have just earned himself a grail or two by soloing half the Okeanos boss fight.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Twas a difficult and powerful demon pillar dragon indeed! :v:

What did you do, go in with a party full of classes the boss is strong against? And kill Lily first?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Twas a difficult and powerful demon pillar dragon indeed! :v:

What did you do, go in with a party full of classes the boss is strong against? And kill Lily first?

I just brought an assortment of my highest level servants, and he just AoEd non-stop. And the turn after I lucked into a sweet quick chain Nobunaga didn't get a single loving card so my damage potential went to poo poo. And then when George came out (last in my lineup) the pillar had like 20k left. Cue George doing endless brave chains into NP arts brave chains while Medea hits like a wet paper bag for the entirety of her health bar.

If I did anything wrong it was bringing story Drake instead of a real support servant.

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 12, 2017

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

That is all genuinely fascinating to me. Math is cool.

Another thing that stood out was the terminology with some servants' NP damage. Robin, Bryn, Gil, Carmilla get boosts to their NP under certain circumstances and this is labeled "Special Damage", acting as a flat increase applied after the fact. Jack's on the other hand is labeled "Own Damage" presumably because the effect propagates through to all other cards she uses. But because of that distinction, the boost is "50%" at regular overcharge even though it seems to work out to the same 1.5x effect that say Byrn gets on hers.

It's a different category of effect. The one Byrn's is in has 100% subtracted in the calculations whereas Jack's is in the same category as, say, Scathach's divinity skill which does not have 100% subtracted. IMO it's an issue with the display on most wiki and such--they should just subtract that 100% to make things clearer to people.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

It's done, I finally have the rarest 3 star unit in the game.

Caster Gilles may be terrible, but at least I got him out of the way.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i failed to get gilles de rais

i did, however, get Lancelot immediately

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Black key, I'm done. Wake me up until february.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Nothing but an Imaginary Element and NP+ for Euryale. My luck waxes and wanes.

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
Atalante's personality is annoying as hell but her ultimate furry form is super hot. Also, the most recent episode's art quality went waaaaaay down.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ComaPrison fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 13, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tae posted:

Black key, I'm done. Wake me up until february.

Spooked

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

ComaPrison posted:

Atalante's personality is annoying as hell but her ultimate furry form is super hot. Also, the most recent episode's art quality went waaaaaay down.

Did you mean to post this in a Fate Apocrypha thread?

This thread is Grand Order, a good Fate.

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Did you mean to post this in a Fate Apocrypha thread?

This thread is Grand Order, a good Fate.

What a burn. Yet so true.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ComaPrison posted:

Being creepy aside, what?

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/939516569834663937
https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/939921132676960256
https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/939923213366284300

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Lots of people prefer their characters to be on-model as much as possible, which the latest episode wasn't particularly good for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Pureauthor posted:

Lots of people prefer their characters to be on-model as much as possible, which the latest episode wasn't particularly good for.

On the other hand Gundam SEED