Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Minrad posted:

imagine playing a hero with a gadget that pubbies are immune to because nobody actually drone scouts

you might as well pick recruit and have another secondary tool

Yeah this was my impression too, his gadget only matters in high ranked where people actually use drones, and it's going to be incredibly ineffectual there because players are actually good. He should just be completely invisible on drones and cameras all the time.

SpazmasterX posted:

Want to see the most undeserved ace ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dKKlB1u7Sw

My fave is the vote to remove you in the middle of your ace clutch

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

SpazmasterX posted:

Want to see the most undeserved ace ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dKKlB1u7Sw

Ha, I never realised you get extra points for killing Ela as Zofia (and vice versa I guess). "Congratulations, you just murdered your very own sister. Here's a commendation!" :allears:

Anyhow, somebody help me decide on which attacker to get next. Currently I'm torn between Hibana (decent gun, great gadget), Zofia (good guns, good gadget), and Dokkaebi (Awesome shotgun, not a huge fan of DMRs, alright gadget) and can't quite make up my mind.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hibana is a hard breacher so get her, especially if no one you play with plays her or Thermite. She's very useful and has good guns, plus the machine pistol that is mandatory on every new DLC operator.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Thief posted:

extra lols because once people figure out that iq pairs perfectly with smokkaebi, vigil will only be even harder to play

i think he will get buffed because even tachanka brings more utility at this point

Yeah but vigil gets the Bosg 12.2 which is a railgun

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Fart Car '97 posted:

Yeah but vigil gets the Bosg 12.2 which is a railgun

Yeah, and attackers do not get armored t shirts, so drat near everyone is a single shot to get downed. Vigil is good and clean and fun.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i think it might be my favorite thing in the update. i have just been using him to rush spawn every round because you can cheese 1-2 kills. it will at the very least down whoever you hit at practically any range. and in casual you can literally just run around the entire outskirts of the map if you have to to break line of sight and still get back in the building before they can get a shot on you because they all spawn in the same loving place :kimchi:

Perestroika posted:

Anyhow, somebody help me decide on which attacker to get next. Currently I'm torn between Hibana (decent gun, great gadget), Zofia (good guns, good gadget), and Dokkaebi (Awesome shotgun, not a huge fan of DMRs, alright gadget) and can't quite make up my mind.

hibana owns. if you're playing seriously to win matches i think she's one of the best in the entire game

zofia will be slampicked until she's nerfed but she is probably one of the best right now if you just want to brawl your way through gunfights without using a shield

i'm still learning dokkaebi but if you don't like DMRs I wouldn't recommend her over the other two unless you want to play a more support focused role even though her loadout makes her capable of holding her own. kinda like a jackal/valk hybrid more often than not.

and if you are just playing her for the korean shotgun then imo get vigil because he rules for surprise jump out flanks against attackers and when that gets boring you still have the assault rifle. if you like roaming with jager or cav you'll enjoy vigil even though his ability isn't amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s_AJ0YEfhk

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Right now I think Vigil is in that OG IQ state where his gadget is trash but his guns are good enough that he still gets play.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Vigil is best when you just slap his gadget quickly to see if a drone is around you. If you are clear then you can roam easier. Repeat occasionally. If you get interference then you move. Using it for long periods is kinda meh most times.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Why the gently caress can we still not toggle Montagne's shield deploy.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 12, 2017

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

an example of vigil's ability @2:10 :aaaaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYBxOXgz-Os

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
So playing in casual down to one v one (of which i am unfortunately neither survivor) and our teammate downs the enemy zofia walks up to her and the mission ends with all friendlies being killed.

Can someone let me know what happened? I know zofia has a hidden skill from chatter about her. Was that it?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

Can someone let me know what happened? I know zofia has a hidden skill from chatter about her. Was that it?

She can self-revive, so she presumably stood up and killed your teammate.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
That makes sense. I do remember thinking as the teammate approached that it felt dumb to gloat. They should have just shot her again and finished it. But pubbies will pub

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

ZeusCannon posted:

So playing in casual down to one v one (of which i am unfortunately neither survivor) and our teammate downs the enemy zofia walks up to her and the mission ends with all friendlies being killed.

Self-revive to 1hp. People figure because of her phoenix icon that self-revival was probably her original ability and then they decided to also give her a grenade launcher that's nearly as good as Ash and Ela's abilities combined.

If someone else picks her up she gets 50hp like normal though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

UBISoft just shared news about the Season 3 pass, was that an accident? They deleted the tweet right after.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It was probably an accident to release the tweet earlier than scheduled or something, but it is around the time to start selling next year's content so.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Year 3 pass ison sale on the USA ubi-store, not sure about others

Not available in Canada yet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The seasonal skins, once the season ends you still get to keep those right? You just can't buy them anymore? Sorry, i'm a dumb and the wording in-game is really weird to me.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Anything that has been activated on your account remains on your account.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I said come in! posted:

The seasonal skins, once the season ends you still get to keep those right? You just can't buy them anymore?

Correct on both counts.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
You can't apply seasonal skins to weapons released after that season, but that's about it.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

His effect really needs to go away, or else the ability needs to be passive, not active. As it stands his ability is exactly as powerful as repositioning to a different part of the room when you're spotted by a drone.

he should be able to see drones coming from a couple of rooms away while his power is active. Show IQs circle-thingys around them, maybe only have them update like every 2.5 seconds so he can't immediately snipe them down as long as they're moving, just see what rooms they're moving through and what direction they're coming from

it's not like he'd be all that more useful in the planning stage since you know when you're getting droned out and found anyways, plus it's a quick spot on the objective when you see it

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I own Buck/Valkyrie and finally got enough Rainbow Bucks for a THIRD OPERATOR. Is Dokkaebei or Zofia more busted?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Zofia is more generally useful, but there are a lot of other operators I'd buy before either of those two.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

mp5 posted:

Zofia is more generally useful, but there are a lot of other operators I'd buy before either of those two.

Hibana was only other one I could think of. Who else would you think is worth the credits?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Frost is good as hell. As is Hibana.

edit: Jackal is super good too.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 12, 2017

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

if you like valk you'll probably like dokk. this is because to get the most out of her you'll be loving with cams and sporadic combat

if you like buck you'll like zofia because she has a toggle option for which way you want to grief op4

if you're buying a dlc op imo its...

top tier:
hibana
valkyrie
mira
cav
ela
zofia
lesion

simple but fun:
blackbeard
buck
frost

quirky but interesting:
echo
dokkaebi
jackal
capitao
ying

umadbro?
vigil main

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Thanks a lot, guys.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Jesus Christ, I've just had the most obnoxious hacker trio in the game, all with nicks "ISRAELSUCKS" and they didn't even hide that they were hackers.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kikas posted:

Jesus Christ, I've just had the most obnoxious hacker trio in the game, all with nicks "ISRAELSUCKS" and they didn't even hide that they were hackers.

I saw an ISRAELSSUCKS get banned yesterday, so I guess it's the same guys.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I wouldn't recommend anyone you see a lot of, on the flipside. As then you can't pick them. :v:

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

That was actually why I shied away from Ela and Dokkabei. Real waifu poo poo. Someone's gonna pick her obsessively every match. I ended up getting Zofia because I love grenades + her pistol is rad.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
there's definitely that sorta attitude but you see Ela every game mostly because she's still stupidly overpowered, and Dokkaebi just came out last week. I see Vigil and Zofia pretty much every game too.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Zofia's the easiest to par with another operator, you just pop grenades into a window your buddy is peeking through.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

as cute/silly dokkaebi is you can't hate on her because she is like the closest you can get to playing valk on attack

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Buck is actually a top tier op as he likes to gently caress at all times.

Anyone else find it weird that the captains .308 AR does less damage than 5.56 and 7.62 guns?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 13, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Dokkaebi is solid, she has good guns and her ability is good protection against roamers.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
If y'all haven't done the Vigil/Castle combo yet, it's amazing and a potential game changer. A friend and I took out 4 dudes outside before they even knew what was happening.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Jedrick posted:

If y'all haven't done the Vigil/Castle combo yet, it's amazing and a potential game changer. A friend and I took out 4 dudes outside before they even knew what was happening.

explain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I think its using Vigils shotgun to put a tiny hole through castles barricade?

• Locked thread