Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I like Donald Glover but he lost me as Childish Gambino in the verse about rapping over Grizzly Bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the new big krit is good

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Why did I just buy Star Wars tickets I don't even like it that much

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/940738572902158336

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mel Mudkiper posted:

who was that guy the other day who said Alabama wasn't as bad as the stereotypes and that Northerns need to stop being so smug and know-it-all about the South

I wanna see that dude if Moore wins

You're misrepresenting what I said but this is clearly me. I didn't say poo poo about stereotypes, I said Northerners are smug as gently caress particularly about the South without ever having been there. It's true even if Alabamans continue to vote against their best interests although I'm actually pretty hopefully Jones pulls this out. The South can be not as bad as Northerners think and still do incredibly dumb poo poo.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ehud posted:

Why did I just buy Star Wars tickets I don't even like it that much

Did you mean to push a button labeled "don't buy Star Wars tickets"

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Relentlessboredomm posted:

The South can be not as bad as Northerners think and still do incredibly dumb poo poo.

so what then? here's your mellinial participation metal.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

hifi posted:

so what then? here's your mellinial participation metal.

The point of the original conversation was that the condescending northeastern liberal stereotype isn't completely unfounded and southern stereotypes aren't 100% accurate. A thing people would realize if they actually traveled to those locations instead of taking their cues from various media. I was trying to relay my realization that for all the education and high minded rhetoric northeasterners desperately need to see other parts of America and not just travel internationally or to CA.

Thanks for the smug misspelled medal.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Spoeank posted:

Did you mean to push a button labeled "don't buy Star Wars tickets"

just swept up in th cultural phenomenon I suppose

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
At least if its bad when you walk out you can loudly exclaim, "the last Jedi? More like the last star wars movie I'll ever see!"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I know this isn't like a deals forum or whatever but I want to share with TFF bros: if you're a costco member you can buy this poo poo for $90 and see a goddamn movie every day in a theatre for a year.

https://slickdeals.net/f/11029907-costco-moviepass-and-fandor-12-month-subscription-evoucher-89-99?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I know this isn't like a deals forum or whatever but I want to share with TFF bros: if you're a costco member you can buy this poo poo for $90 and see a goddamn movie every day in a theatre for a year.

https://slickdeals.net/f/11029907-costco-moviepass-and-fandor-12-month-subscription-evoucher-89-99?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

Even without the Costco deal moviepass is incredible. I'm still semi-convinced they'll go under but in the mean time I'm paying $7 a month to see whatever movies I want. It's amazing.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
The worst movie theater walkout was waiting in line for Saving Private Ryan and these two old bitches are walking out crying saying, "I can't believe Tom Hanks died." The god damned worst.

Also today was a day at work of finally solving a problem I've been working on the past few days. Those days are always :feelsgood:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i think i saw 2 movies this year. this feels like a bad decade for movies

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Can you pass a movie pass around multiple people? Not for the same movie, but like, can it be transferred during the 12 months

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hifi posted:

There have been a ton of great movies this year and this decade, my man.

What kind of movies do you like?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hifi posted:

Saw 2 was one of the better ones at least.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Holy poo poo thank you perfect Christmas present for my brother

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The first apartment I moved into was next door to an Imax theater so I saw like two dozen movies in 2005.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

The first apartment I moved into was next door to an Imax theater so I saw like two dozen movies in 2005.

I worked in a movie theater when I was a teenager. The problem was I worked in a movie theater that wouldn't bid enough to get good movies. I saw a whoooooole lot of really terrible 90s movies.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I wasn't feeling good today so I worked from home. I spent half of the time playing Super Mario RPG for the SNES, just leaving my computer on and unlocked so I didn't appear AFK.

Felt good.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

southern stereotypes aren't 100% accurate.

You're right, my opinion of Alabama as a racist backwoods shithole that prioritizes jesus poo poo over governance is completely unfounded by any recent evidence

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You're right, my opinion of Alabama as a racist backwoods shithole that prioritizes jesus poo poo over governance is completely unfounded by any recent evidence

spoken like a true northeastern liberal now welcome our new senator, the pedophile homophobe sexist who wants slavery to come back

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 13, 2017

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
you're right

clearly I should explore the south more thoroughly. Go to a monster truck rally, the iron bowl, maybe a lynching or two. Eat a doobie dog.

Get in the local culture

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Everywhere outside of the cities are filled with right wing trash and the horrifyingly poor.

The South just has way less city and way more of the latter two.

And RB is right, cities are infested with liberals, and they also suck real bad, not as bad as Republicans, but good god it should be legal to just smack the poo poo out of the left punching garbage.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I lived in Ridgeland, Mississippi for 2 years in 4th/5th grade because my dad got a job at some startup. I was too young to be aware of how badly it sucked, but I remember public school down there and it was wild:

- If you got caught talking, being late, or not saying "ma'am" or "sir" or some other minor crime, you had to hold buckets of water out by your sides in a T formation during recess. Teachers were allowed to smack your hands with a ruler, and really bad things got you sent to the Principal to be paddled.

- There was no playground equipment AT ALL for recess except a dirt field where a bunch of kids played soccer. There was also a group of 7-9 kids who would go out into the woods next to the soccer field and beat the poo poo out of a really huge ogre named Patrick, he loved it and got some really good licks in

- The computers were soo old, they were this huge machines from the 80s where the monitor and floppy disk and hard drive were all part of one big box and it just was bolted onto a lovely desk. I was in 4th/5th grade in 94-95 so this was pretty bad

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

People are poo poo everywhere

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

Except in glorious China where the people are all very friendly to you and not just because the government seriously oppresses anyone who pisses off the tourists.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ehud posted:

actually you will find one place they are not, a place where everyone is cool, and good

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium > The Football Funhouse > The TFF CHat Thread - Ernest the Uber

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Clearly my mistake here was saying the South when I had no intention of ever defending AL or my personal most hated place: MS.

Kalli posted:

Everywhere outside of the cities are filled with right wing trash and the horrifyingly poor.

The South just has way less city and way more of the latter two.

And RB is right, cities are infested with liberals, and they also suck real bad, not as bad as Republicans, but good god it should be legal to just smack the poo poo out of the left punching garbage.

Thank you, this is closer to what I meant. This is also why MS is the worst place in the country. Zero cities.

Ehud posted:

Fact

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Clearly my mistake here was saying the South when I had no intention of ever defending AL or my personal most hated place: MS.

I except your peace offering of poo poo talking Mississippi

The worst state

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Georgia will go blue within 12 years.

Alabama will be red forever.

I have no idea about Mississippi or Louisiana

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Step 1: All the young people move to the cities
Step 2: All the boomers in the suburbs grow decrepit
Step 3: Megacity 1
Step 4: Well the cops already think they're judge dredd.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I except your peace offering of poo poo talking Mississippi

The worst state

*ahem*

Alaska

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Kalli posted:

Step 1: All the young people move to the cities
Step 2: All the boomers in the suburbs grow decrepit
Step 3: Megacity 1
Step 4: Well the cops already think they're judge dredd.

Elect me President, and I will direct all captains of industry to lace the country with Japanese shinkansen style bullet trains, which will homogenize house prices across geography and cause the moving to cities trend to reverse

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I hiked to, and licked, a goddamn glacier in alaska

poo poo owns son

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I am 100% down for another New Deal style infrastructure program, and not just because it would make me extremely wealthy

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Don't care if it's bullshit

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Alaska is Elysium compared to Mississippi

North Korea could nuke Mississippi and our nation would have to do a lot of soul searching to decide if we cared or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kalli posted:

Don't care if it's bullshit

where is this from?

• Locked thread