Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Damnit error bar range thing get smaller. This +/-15% doesn't cut it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Sir Lemming posted:

As long as Roy Moore doesn't get it first

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Ubiquitous_ posted:

So is it pretty likely Moore's gonna win this?

The ramifications that will have for Alabama/America are gonna be interesting to see.

Yes. The ramifications will be for Alabama: Nothing, for America: The terroristic reign of Republicans continues.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
is there a TVIV type thread for the election, or are we just doin this here?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

JawKnee posted:

Post your rear end off friend.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Nah, it won't do it. "Allegations were fake news. Dems are just as bad because Weinstein and Franken, etc. etc."

The actual silver lining is that, best case, the GOP is trading a personality-less Republican Rubber Stamp for an insane grandstanding contrarian sex pervert who Mitch mcConnell just vocally and publicly shat on who he now has to try to wring a vote out of.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

ReidRansom posted:

Oh gently caress off CNN lady, the single issue abortion voters would never vote for a democrat just because they're anti choice

Is this the lady in the sleeveless dress? She just said that Democrats created an issue where it is so distasteful to vote for them, that people would rather vote for Roy Moore. Ugh.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Don't try to defend them you poo poo, they still are voting for him.

I'm not defending anything, I'm simply saying it could be worse than it is

also :lol: that there's no 2016 results because nobody polled Alabama in the Year of Our Trump 1.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

must.....not......hope

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

JawKnee posted:

the state level election thread is technically a better place for it but by god I'm posting in both threads until a mod threatens to kill us all

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

TyrantWD posted:

If Alabama had a better education system they could count these votes faster.

I imagine all the inbred polydactyly should help them count faster

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Oh poo poo son:

David Wasserman posted:

Some very early, very tentative good news for Jones: He received 31 percent of the vote in one Cullman County precinct. This is important because Hillary Clinton failed to receive more than 15 percent of the vote in any Cullman County precinct in 2016, save for one majority-black precinct that’s heavily Democratic. Coupled together with other rural precincts, Jones is holding his own in at least a few deep-red places.
This sort of "very early, very tentative" news seems to be right more often than not when it's coming from Nate Silver or David Wasserman...

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Mustached Demon posted:

Post your rear end off friend.

Yeah we deep in this.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

JawKnee posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804125&pagenumber=43

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

JawKnee posted:

Here. The very last election of the 2017 season deserves to give the thread a send-off with a bang

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

JawKnee posted:

God's eyes will never look upon these pages, comrade.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I am sure there are black voters who prioritize anti-abortion over every other issue. That probably makes up a large amount of that 5% of black Moore voters.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Jones loses its gonna be by like a 1-3 point margin at most.

Which dumbasses will then freak out about that "NOTHING MATTERS" but holy gently caress that should not happen in a senate race in Alabama

I'm with you there, but there's a part of me that feels like the political atmosphere has become so zero sum that at this point unless you win nobody cares how close you came. Coupled with the "We don't care if he's a child molester, he's not a Democrat" mentality of so many right wing voters sends me a message that if Jones doesn't win this will be a microcosm of the thousand years of darkness that are coming.

When I'm thinking clearly I think the "whoever wins, Republicans lose" is the actual result but I'd rather Jones won just to hedge my bets.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Kelly posted:

Is this the lady in the sleeveless dress? She just said that Democrats created an issue where it is so distasteful to vote for them, that people would rather vote for Roy Moore. Ugh.

Amanda Carpenter. Former staffer to Ted Cruz and Jim DeMint.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

I don't actually. I was on a ship with a limited bandwidth connection watching (possibly) pirated AFN

The needle practically did a 180 as the results of the presidential election came in.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Please pull out a win, Jones, if only for the angry ragetweeting Trump will do tomorrow.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

the black people voting for moore are probably the most gay hating.

More like religious, antichoice jerks.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
How many total votes do we expect?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Needle of doom is giving false hope.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
It's getting hard to keep crushing the little worm of hope in my heart. How much longer until the redward swing comes?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Ubiquitous_ posted:

So is it pretty likely Moore's gonna win this?

The ramifications that will have for Alabama/America are gonna be interesting to see.

The data and the nerds say its a toss-up. When in doubt though, lean towards Alabama always voting for the Republican, because come on, its loving Alabama. If you ask American goons to name the worst state, they'll usually say either Alabama or Mississippi.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Charlz Guybon posted:

How many total votes do we expect?

Impossible to predict.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

im currently a face, anxiously anticipating the boot

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Petr posted:

It's getting hard to keep crushing the little worm of hope in my heart.

Switch to vodka.

The #1 choice of suicidally depressed Russian novelists.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The needle of doom grows anxious.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Xae posted:

Switch to hard liquor.

Whiskey is for election nights.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

twice burned ice posted:

I'm the 7% of black men that voted for Roy "the US was best when white people could own black people" Moore

Uncle Toms

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

pumpinglemma posted:

538's still saying dead heat. But a priori, yes.

Who gives a gently caress what those morons think.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Kelly posted:

Crazy.

If you think abortion is worse than pedophilia, you should just be imprisoned where you can't loving damage or influence anyone, because there's obviously something terribly, terribly loving wrong with you.

The gallows exist for people who are that hosed in the head.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Rigel posted:

The data and the nerds say its a toss-up. When in doubt though, lean towards Alabama always voting for the Republican, because come on, its loving Alabama. If you ask American goons to name the worst state, they'll usually say either Alabama or Mississippi.

Kansas.

At least Mobile Bay has some colorful history, and Huntsville isn't terrible.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

pumpinglemma posted:

Oh poo poo son:

This sort of "very early, very tentative" news seems to be right more often than not when it's coming from Nate Silver or David Wasserman...

I assume this is why jones shot up 19c on predictit

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

(((Enten))) expressing cautious optimism

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/940759799075098629

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

CNN's expert is saying that we now have enough hard results for Democrats to be cautiously hopeful.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

theflyingorc posted:

This shows 65 white, which would be awesome
If these numbers are exactly right (and it's not since it's an exit poll) it means Moore wins narrowly. 46.78% to 46.15%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
Please extinguish the last embers of my hope, I can’t take this

• Locked thread