Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/940689201690968064

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/940689201690968064

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's no feel good story like Michael Floyd, but okay, sure, whatever.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kalli posted:

He's no feel good story like Michael Floyd, but okay, sure, whatever.

lmao, that's your example of a feel good story?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
wooosh

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in my opinion a motivated kenny britt will show everyone that he can perform exactly at replacement level as a 5th or 6th passing option. Shock the world bitch

Nov 6, 2002

Surprisingly Kenny Britt is only 29.

Hey, guess where he played his college ball...

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

DariusLikewise posted:

Guys, Jeff Fisher was fired one year ago today

https://twitter.com/MNPDNashville/status/940676613590671360

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

God drat this made me do a triple take and actually read the tweet a couple of times.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm gonna do it.

Ten robberies? I bet they can only pin 7-9 on him.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

wow can't believe the new england patriots was somebody's top choice

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Kalli posted:

I'm gonna do it.

:drum:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kalli posted:

I'm gonna do it.

Nice.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

I'm gonna do it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami won’t let Landry go, at least for one year.

Parker gone 2019

Nov 6, 2002

I think after last night's game NE realized they needed a non-midget receiver. I guess this means Mitchell isn't coming back.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Kenny Britt sucks

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

DariusLikewise posted:

Kenny Britt sucks

Case Keenum made him look good enough to get a 32 million dollar payday from the Browns.

Anyone know if the New England Signing affects the Browns Dead Money from Britt?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Flikken posted:

Case Keenum made him look good enough to get a 32 million dollar payday from the Browns.

Anyone know if the New England Signing affects the Browns Dead Money from Britt?

Not for any of the signing money, but he had a base salary of $4m, and I think he qualified to have that fully guaranteed at the start of the season, so theoretically you might get back ~3/16ths, or $750k in cap space.

Oh wait, it's based on whatever his contract with NE is... so probably closer to $250k if he has offsets.

Nov 6, 2002

Cap space isn't really a problem for the Browns right now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was gonna say...

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2018/

edit: also if anyone is unsure why Alex Smith is not going to be a Chief next year check #32. Have fun with John Dorsey! (he'll be great with Cleveland though)

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
What do the Jaguars and their fans and the season summer have in common? No class! Booyeah!

Seahawks lost, but they faced three teams, The Jaguars, The Zebras, and Mother Time herself, the NFL dekibee alte sets up the Seahawks to fail by putting them on east coast games.

Anywho...Onto the next game fellow 12s! There is gonna be some Wool reversal when we take on the Rams with Sheers, yeah Sheer talent and Sheer skill.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

DaFrugalGamer posted:

What do the Jaguars and their fans and the season summer have in common? No class! Booyeah!

Seahawks lost, but they faced three teams, The Jaguars, The Zebras, and Mother Time herself, the NFL dekibee alte sets up the Seahawks to fail by putting them on east coast games.

Anywho...Onto the next game fellow 12s! There is gonna be some Wool reversal when we take on the Rams with Sheers, yeah Sheer talent and Sheer skill.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

DaFrugalGamer posted:

Dear Leader

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Anyone remember Larry Johnson?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/sp...thinks-its-cte/

Dude probably won't have a good end.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

usually i read a headline like "Marvin Lewis says it’s “not my responsibility” to get Bengals motivated to play" and I think god i hate clickbait. what a dumb piece of poo poo. what mundane thing did Marvin Lewis actually say, let's see he--

Marvin Lewis, and STILL.... Your Bengals Head Coach posted:

“Well, you don’t want this. I don’t think anybody does,” Lewis said. “These guys have a lot to play for, and it’s not my responsibility to get them — as I said — to turn up the music. (We’ve got to) figure out a way to get momentum going and put good football plays together.”

oh. he totally said that poo poo, huh. well i bet he added some context to make it sound less bad!

quote:

"If we got young guys in there, they’re going to have to grow up in a hurry, because we are going to play three good football teams."

jesus christ marv

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

To be fair that kind of seems like a spin on the ol' "if you need motivation to play you don't belong on the team" schtick popularized by famous coaches from the 60s and 70s or whatever, which probably was what he was going for.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Does anyone really think that Belichick's value is being effective at motivating guys to play

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

Does anyone really think that Belichick's value is being effective at motivating guys to play

He did get Tony Gonzalez to lay some dude out on special teams in the pro bowl, so

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ketchup vs catsup posted:

He did get Tony Gonzalez to lay some dude out on special teams in the pro bowl, so

Yeah, his methods are hilarious.

When he tries to motivate in public we get poo poo like the NO DAYS OFF chant at the Superbowl parade and jesus christ

Wilfork on how Belichick motivated him:

quote:

“We used to do this thing every Friday. Friday would be our cool-down day, a light practice, and we would always kick the ball off. We’d all cover the kick, like a kickoff team, and every day I would go to Bill and say 'I’m going to make the tackle,'" Wilfork said on the podcast.

“He’s like, ‘Oh, you’re not going to make the tackle.’ So every day we would bet some type of food or something -- push-ups, anything. We would bet something if I would make the tackle or not. That tradition carried on throughout. They probably still do it now.”

Literally scooby snacks.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

TheChirurgeon posted:

Oh hell no. "Do it this way and we win" is the most powerful motivation a competitive person can have. Belicheck can back that up with wins and rings. If you're on the Patriots, you bust rear end 365 days a year to stay there and keep playing top caliber football. And building up those sweet, sweet post-season stats.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12/status/940782384127135745

https://i.imgur.com/E2RiC9D.mp4

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

:getin:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
So what I'm getting from this is that the Panthers will once again have the opportunity to re-injure a QB returning from a broken collarbone

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
that's a sick 'stache

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Cue his collar bone re-shattering and everyone condemning the team doctor that's "so careful about players health".

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
You know what. If A A Ron can go slay Tom and make the Pats fans cry go Pack go

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

How many of yall on that Tom Brady app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

a new study bible! posted:

How many of yall on that Tom Brady app?

Sorry i dont use Grindr.

• Locked thread