Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Alabama is a cesspool.

Pretty much, there’s no saving Alabama at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Endorph posted:

hypothetically what happens if an election results in an exact tie even after multiple recounts

several states have a literal coin toss. give me a sec and i'll check for alabama

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Civil Rights Champion to lose to child predator

Alolbama

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

several states have a literal coin toss. give me a sec and i'll check for alabama

im hoping for taped fists match

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Hey, remember how small rural counties come in first, like every other election in America?

Yeah. Don’t be surprised when the big Jones spikes take him over the line.

Tonight’s tea is a Cranberry Black tea from Harney & Sons. They do online delivery and seem to run like a mom & pop shop full of tea delivered in some glorious wooden boxes.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/940765371891683328

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Endorph posted:

hypothetically what happens if an election results in an exact tie even after multiple recounts

I've seen it happen. Literal coin toss.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Alabama is a cesspool.

roll tide

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Alabama is where my family moved after the Emancipation proclamation and has incredible people there so gently caress yall

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/940766087167213568

So he's getting his margins but not enough votes

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Hey, remember how small rural counties come in first, like every other election in America?

Yeah. Don’t be surprised when the big Jones spikes take him over the line.

Tonight’s tea is a Cranberry Black tea from Harney & Sons. They do online delivery and seem to run like a mom & pop shop full of tea delivered in some glorious wooden boxes.

What're your day to day favorites? Is it strictly ones with fruit?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Is this decided by just whoever gets the most votes across the entire state?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

What makes this a long night if Jones is falling short everywhere? Did they have him winning by a few?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

~270,000 votes have been counted, we still have a million more to go.

E: scale is now leaning fairly heavily towards Jones!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
I swear to God, I'm an expat Canadian in Denmark and it's 3:12 AM and I'm Riding the Needle of Doom and can't sleep.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

axeil posted:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/940766087167213568

So he's getting his margins but not enough votes

Good.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

that's a hell of a jump :stare:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
woah jfc what's up with the sudden swing to jones?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
nice doublepost

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fluffdaddy posted:

Alabama is where my family moved after the Emancipation proclamation and has incredible people there so gently caress yall

They have (likely) voted a loving pedophile into statewide office, so no, gently caress Alabama.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Endorph posted:

Alabama Code Title 17. Elections § 17-12-23

"In all elections where there is a tie... [in] the office of circuit judge, senator, representative, or any state officer not otherwise provided for, the Secretary of State shall, in the presence of the Governor, and such other electors as may choose to be present, decide the tie by lot."

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

indeed, at the very least its going to be very close and not a blow out for pedo gently caress.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

The best tea is Lapsang Souchong.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Holy gently caress how do people watch Rachel Maddow? I thought I'd try MSNBC instead of CNN but she's a lot like Tom Perez - says a very small amount with a whole lot of words except her voice isn't as annoying. I used to like watching her show from time to time too.

Where else is there to turn for live coverage?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

My favorite day to day is an orange cinnamon tea. Caffeine free, because I Don’t Need More Stimulation After Work. I’ve always been fond of peppermint or generic mint tea as well, if only because the smell is glorious.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

rscott posted:

don't you dare question the holy needle

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Trying not to get emotionally invested in this. Alabama is a trash state and expecting anything else is unrealistic.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They have (likely) voted a loving pedophile into statewide office, so no, gently caress Alabama.

gently caress Alabama white people.*

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

My first boyfriend was from Alabama. I loved his accent. He was a sweetheart and I'll always love Alabama for him alone. 😊😗😚

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

rscott posted:

Looks like this:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/940767040603815936

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

axeil posted:

that's a hell of a jump :stare:

It double jumped, 2.4 now.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/940767040603815936

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

The county I grew up in is Dale County and it includes Midland City, where Bannon was the other night. It is showing 65-35, which is a huge surprise for me to be honest

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

And now it's 4.8, at this rate Jones is going to win by trillions.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

gently caress Alabama white people.*

Doesn't matter. The Alabaman white people clearly hold enough of the state by the throat that nothing will ever change there.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Oh my god.

Is it

Is it happening?

IS IT HAPPENING????

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Doesn't matter. The Alabaman white people clearly hold enough of the state by the throat that nothing will ever change there.

yea go gently caress yourself

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh my god.

Is it

Is it happening?

IS IT HAPPENING????

I won't hope yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Toxx if you don't think black folks are gonna come thru

• Locked thread