Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
what the heck is one click miner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

what the heck is one click miner

https://github.com/vertcoin/One-Click-Miner/releases

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Craptacular! posted:

This image just makes me want to find the person at Nvidia, or AMD, or somewhere else that elected to put a make.money.fast instruction set in graphics cards and knee them in the genitals.

GPGPU stuff is pretty useful for more than cryptocurrencies so :shrug:

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Hmm...since all cryptocurrencies are going up in value besides bitcoin, is it now worth it to mine any specific one on a single GTX1070? My electric rates are fairly low and I wouldn't think a single GTX1070 would jack up my electric bill too much more.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
your mining potential and the value of coins in general dont go up in tandem. You will never mine a currently valuable coin in any appreciable amount with a single gpu. You can mine a ton of shitcoins and hope they go up or just buy them.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
If you want to mine casually with a 1070, just set your card to 65% TDP, 50% fan, +150core/+500mem in afterburner and mine ethereum or zcash directly to an exchange or coinbase. Once monthly cash them out for cash/giftcards, and then check on a profit website whats hot. Right now you'd be looking at maybe $60 bucks a month before power, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Maybe nicehash will be back then too, if you trust them.

RX570 cryptonight tuning 690h -> 820h :snoop:
e: RX580, 3500h->4200 :snoop:

If anyone is mining XMR or ETN let me know, I figured it out after a few days of trial and error

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 13, 2017

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone cashed out to an Amazon giftcard on WinMiner? I have enough now, but the form asks for email, address, phone, etc. I'm wondering if it'll go through if I use a fake address and only a real email. I assume it's a digital gift card.

Edit: Welp, I put it through for a $20 card using just my email, we'll see how it goes. I ain't giving these guys my mailing address.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 13, 2017

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working

This is almost an art piece.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Senso posted:

This is almost an art piece.

"Hopes on A Wall"
An installation piece
$8,000

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
What is holding the GPUs to the wall, I can't tell from the picture.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zero VGS posted:

The invisible hand of the free market

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Zero VGS posted:

Same thing holding up bitcoins price

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Zero VGS posted:

He probably has them screwed into drywall anchors or concrete anchors, whatever the wall is made of. Seems like a clever way to get good airflow and efficiently use space. It also soothes my OCD.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
By the way you can indeed put in all fake info except your email into the WinMiner Amazon Gift Card withdraw and you'll still get the code emailed, just tried it and redeemed it to my Amazon balance with no issues.

I feel like the most appropriate thing to buy with bitcoin money on Amazon would be soylent...

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zero VGS posted:

I feel like the most appropriate thing to buy with bitcoin money on Amazon would be soylent...

Don't. It's some gross stuff.

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's also really expensive. Pay way more to eat way worse. I could see it if it was a functional food at the cheapest possible price, but you could make practically any meal you want for its cost.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I was only kidding, but I've had them before and I really like them as just a better SlimFast shake.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldn't mind them if they were palatable, but they taste like bland pancake batter in the worst way possible. At least get some flavor in there, jeez.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

PerrineClostermann posted:

I wouldn't mind them if they were palatable, but they taste like bland pancake batter in the worst way possible. At least get some flavor in there, jeez.

They taste like animal crackers to me, if you get the orange-creamsicle water flavor stuff and squirt a shot in there it tastes loving amazing.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
Well, you have to expect to use at least some flavoring to cover up the lead and whatnot.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
im surprised it took this long to talk about soylent in the SA cryptocurrency thread lol

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Two great tastes that go great together

Imagine a future where we all pedal on bikes to generate electricity to mine bitcoins to buy soylent to drink so we can keep pedaling the bikes. Could be a black mirror episode.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord
soylent is garbage

i drink this because a doctor signed his name on it and time is the most valuable crypto asset

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Remember that if you are trying to lose weight the best way is to just die. So much weight loss in only 3 months. Buy my weightloss system, they are pair of scissors and a bottle of jack daniels.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

http://luatphapso.com/gia-dinh-3-nguoi-treo-co-tu-tu-tai-sai-gon-vi-sap-san-bitcoin.html posted:

Three families hanged themselves in Saigon because of Bitcoin
12/12/2017
On December 12, many relatives came to Nguyen Van L. (SN 1968) in 78 Chuong Duong Lane, Linh Chieu Ward, Thu Duc District. Door repeatedly but without feedback, opened inward, found out L died in the posture.

The house where the incident occurred
Under the floor is the body of Mrs. Le Thi Kim L. (SN 1973, wife L.) and nephew Nguyen Thanh N. (SN 2002, wife L, the same district Thu Duc).

Through the examination, police identified the husband died in the posture. The dead wife and son lay on the floor, on the mouth of the foam is suspected of poison.

At the scene of the case, the investigating body found a laptop still operating. The laptops have access to some virtual currency trading sites, including Nice Hash, a large Bitcoin trading platform hacked a few days ago.

Investigative agencies are present at the site.
During the investigation, the neighbors and relatives of the victims confirmed recently that the couple regularly borrow money from people around them for business investment reasons.

It is known that Mr. Nguyen Van L. (SN 1968) as a lake. His wife is Mrs. Le Thi Kim L. (SN 1973) who sells food near her home, Nguyen Thanh N. (2002) is currently studying at a junior high school in Thu Duc district.

At the scene, there was no sign of breaking in, searching the furniture. Initially the investigation agency speculated, the cause of the case may be due to investment in virtual money at a loss should fall into a deadlock. The family decided to commit suicide.

Could be fake news, big if true

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

It's fine they just wanted to go green

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working

Risky Bisquick posted:

Could be fake news, big if true

Jesus gently caress. I'm an expat living in Saigon. I knew there was a lot of interest in Vietnam, I imagine because the people tend to not trust their inflated currency (22,000 dong - 1 USD) so it's a ripe petri dish for cryptocurrency.

The "reputable" English local news don't mention Bitcoin or crypto at all in the story.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
Just roll them straight over to the Soylent vats for a quick shot of extra protein!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

It's been getting under 0 degrees c here over the past few days so I've been having to turn on the heater. I've also been looking at getting a new gaming computer anyway for a few months, so thinking I could maybe maybe use the money I'd otherwise be using for heating for mining and save some money on my computer.

Is it not worth it with Nicehash down now?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Nitrousoxide posted:

It's been getting under 0 degrees c here over the past few days so I've been having to turn on the heater. I've also been looking at getting a new gaming computer anyway for a few months, so thinking I could maybe maybe use the money I'd otherwise be using for heating for mining and save some money on my computer.

Is it not worth it with Nicehash down now?

Yes, if you were actually going to plug in an electric space heater, running a rig you were going to have anyways is still profitable. This could change at any moment, of course. If your house uses something more effective for heating, like natural gas or an electric heat pump, those would probably break even with electrical resistance-based heat and your rationalization falls apart.

Note that something like a GTX 1070 is only going to put out like 150 watts, which is 1/10th of what a spaceheater would do. I have a 1080ti FE with the blower aimed directly at my face, jamming out 400 watts, so that's much better and actually heats my small cold-rear end room.

WinMiner is arguably better than NiceHash, in practice it earns like "10-20%" less for whatever reasons (either growing pains or they're skimming more off the top than they claim), but unlike NiceHash they actually got around to paying me (I cashed out $20 today to an Amazon GC and it worked).

Edit: Also, you'd better make sure you can get a good deal on a GPU because with Volta already out they're going to be depreciating a lot real soon.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 13, 2017

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Zero VGS posted:

Yes, if you were actually going to plug in an electric space heater, running a rig you were going to have anyways is still profitable. This could change at any moment, of course. If your house uses something more effective for heating, like natural gas or an electric heat pump, those would probably break even with electrical resistance-based heat and your rationalization falls apart.

Note that something like a GTX 1070 is only going to put out like 150 watts, which is 1/10th of what a spaceheater would do. I have a 1080ti FE with the blower aimed directly at my face, jamming out 400 watts, so that's much better and actually heats my small cold-rear end room.

WinMiner is arguably better than NiceHash, in practice it earns like "10-20%" less for whatever reasons (either growing pains or they're skimming more off the top than they claim), but unlike NiceHash they actually got around to paying me (I cashed out $20 today to an Amazon GC and it worked).

Yeah I'm very happy with their payouts, considering how ridiculously slammed the rest of the system still seems to be. Two friends yesterday tried to sign up and there is still a waitlist. But they aren't dicking around with payouts and with $10 and $20 limits your risk is essentially none on the mining program end (compared to something like Nicehash anyway). It is definitely not as reliable though, I've caught it frozen several times now and I have to babysit it more than id like for $10 a day, and I doubt that has much to do with the congestion.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

I was only kidding, but I've had them before and I really like them as just a better SlimFast shake.

Slimfast probably has less rat poo poo in it:

https://pando.com/2013/11/12/vice-investigates-soylent-finds-rats-and-mold/

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
Just make your own RigBerries™.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Eh that was in 2013... not handwaving it but every protein powder and supplement place is as bad as that or worse; supplements have not a fraction of the FDA oversight that food does.

It was pretty funny when they made Soylent Chew Bars that gave everyone explosive diarrhea though.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zero VGS posted:

Eh that was in 2013... not handwaving it but every protein powder and supplement place is as bad as that or worse; supplements have not a fraction of the FDA oversight that food does.

It was pretty funny when they made Soylent Chew Bars that gave everyone explosive diarrhea though.

To be fair, Dysentery is great for weight loss. Slim Faster.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Soylent got banned from import to canada for being so lovely don't buy it. There's constant complaints of mold under the seals.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

https://twitter.com/weeaboo/status/784030778699186176

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Not trying to defend Soylent, but weren't the banned because they claimed to be a complete meal replacement, not because they were poo poo with contaminants and whatnot?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
How would living in Japan where the voltage is 100 volts instead of 120V in North American and 230V in places in Europe affect my mining?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Busy Bee posted:

How would living in Japan where the voltage is 100 volts instead of 120V in North American and 230V in places in Europe affect my mining?

pretty high, you should open an exchange and get some plebs to mine for you

• Locked thread