Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Baker won the Heisman but the real reason to watch the ceremony (to see what Mike Rozier is wearing) did not disappoint.

https://twitter.com/LookItsHCG/status/939675542084837376

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Flutie looks like he's preparing for an off-Broadway production of Glengarry Glen Ross.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Crotch Bat posted:

Flutie looks like he's preparing for an off-Broadway production of Glengarry Glen Ross.

Fun Fact: Donald Trump drafted Doug Flutie.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

I love those Seminole uniforms but I'm a huge fan of ugly unis

-Phil Knight, probably

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Those FSU unis are sick

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Those FSU unis are trash

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Those FSU unis are sick trash

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Those FSU unis are trash

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Give those unis pink trim/secondary color and put them on Miami and they are baller.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Those uniforms would probably make old guard Seminole boosters protest in a fit of rage

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Shea Patterson tweeted that he is transferring to Michigan.

E: Link - https://twitter.com/SheaPatterson_1/status/940281651317411840

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

swickles posted:

Give those unis pink trim/secondary color and put them on Miami and they are baller.

It would piss off so many fans.

In.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I"m thinking of going to the Ariziona bowl. I don't totally get why the uncomfortable midfield seats are more expensive than the comfy north endzone seats. I wish the game started like an hour later so it would be less irresponsible to blow off work for it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

I"m thinking of going to the Ariziona bowl. I don't totally get why the uncomfortable midfield seats are more expensive than the comfy north endzone seats. I wish the game started like an hour later so it would be less irresponsible to blow off work for it.

People like watching from midfield more because it’s easier to see if they make a first down and poo poo. It’s why they shoot tv from that angle.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dilber posted:

It would piss off so many fans.

In.

So... no downsides. Let's do it

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/AyeyoKEJO/status/940670456289521665

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MourningView posted:

People like watching from midfield more because it’s easier to see if they make a first down and poo poo. It’s why they shoot tv from that angle.

Endzones are superior viewing angles. People will come around to that.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

kayakyakr posted:

Endzones are superior viewing angles. People will come around to that.

Not for live viewing, its miserable watching action 150 yards away at the opposite end zone, but I loved the Skycam Madden angle NBC used for a couple of the Thursday night games. Passing/running lanes are lot easier to see, and the angles for contact fouls are also easier to identify. Most importantly the camera crew can't be stuck ball watching which happens all the time from the sideline view forcing us to miss all the important action.

THE BALL DOES NOTHING ON ITS OWN THE PLAYERS ARE WHAT WE NEED TO SEE.

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Not for live viewing, its miserable watching action 150 yards away at the opposite end zone, but I loved the Skycam Madden angle NBC used for a couple of the Thursday night games. Passing/running lanes are lot easier to see, and the angles for contact fouls are also easier to identify. Most importantly the camera crew can't be stuck ball watching which happens all the time from the sideline view forcing us to miss all the important action.

THE BALL DOES NOTHING ON ITS OWN THE PLAYERS ARE WHAT WE NEED TO SEE.

Slightly elevated end zone seats are kind of amazing as long as you're not at a stadium where the seats are a million miles away. I've sat in end zone seats at Sanford stadium several times and loved it. The elevation is high enough that you get a good viewing angle of the whole field but not so high that you feel disconnected.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If you’re a hardcore football dork the endzone or sky cam view rules. Most people care more about being able to see how close to a first down the team is

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

I'm in the corner endzone row 9 for the orange bowl. I like my usual tickets better.

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

MourningView posted:

If you’re a hardcore football dork the endzone or sky cam view rules. Most people care more about being able to see how close to a first down the team is

Yea, pretty much. You get a good view of plays developing. That's why I like it so much.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
End zone seating at Michigan stadium is a blast. I can understand the appeal of a more typical view, but it feels a lot more personal and interesting getting to see things from a different perspective AND THE PLAYERS ARE COMING RIGHT AT YOU. Even on top of being able to nerd out over plays and see things develop more easily

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Yeah I want to watch a whole game in sky cam over the quarterback's shoulder.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Reading all this poo poo about hiring OCs and hearing you talk guys about views makes me realize I can't articulate the diff between an Air Raid and "Baylor style offense".
Is there any place that I can study up? Maybe even with pictures?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hed posted:

Reading all this poo poo about hiring OCs and hearing you talk guys about views makes me realize I can't articulate the diff between an Air Raid and "Baylor style offense".

The rookie thread?

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

Hed posted:

Yeah I was looking for a good YouTube channel or something that did a good job explaining some of the offenses and defenses and stuff and couldn't come up with anything

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Smart Football blog?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
http://smartfootball.com/grab-bag/smart-notes-defending-packaged-plays-baylors-lazy-offense-buck-sweep-murder#sthash.d2XqxUJ5.dpbs

http://smartfootball.com/offense/th...h.38VIGJoN.dpbs

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

That is a good point. I guess I don’t care though because there also is a TV so big and HD that you could literally watch from a mile away at the other end of the stadium before they built the North End Zone. And we are talking large modern chairs with these things called “backs” compared to very uncomfortable bleachers they are charging 60 to sit in that usually are less than 25 dollars.

I wonder if I can just get my normal seat.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

vikingstrike posted:

Smart Football blog?

I got you

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wow, thanks guys. I'll take a look at these resources.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Once a year or so my dad and I pick a gimme game for VT and sit in the south EZ (NEZ where the students sit suck but SEZ is really nice) and watch. I go there specifically to watch the D. It's not as fun if you aren't a football dork because we're all so programmed to only follow the ball but if you can break away from that it can help you see things better and help your understanding of the game.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Re: seats. My season tickets at Sanford are in the endzone in the 300s, and I love them. We've been given the option to move to the sidelines, and I turn it down each time.

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

vikingstrike posted:

Re: seats. My season tickets at Sanford are in the endzone in the 300s, and I love them. We've been given the option to move to the sidelines, and I turn it down each time.

If you get the chance to get in the 200's, take it. But be ready to be among a bunch of old guard class of 60-70 something alumni who look at you funny if you do things like cheer or stand up.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

SmellsLikeToast posted:

If you get the chance to get in the 200's, take it. But be ready to be among a bunch of old guard class of 60-70 something alumni who look at you funny if you do things like cheer or stand up.

Grandmother in law is right below us in the 200s and they are indeed pretty good. I'd make the move, but I don't think we have enough points yet to make the move. I've only had an account since I graduated ~5 years ago

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

PAWWWWWWL ROY MOORE DIDN'T PLAY NOBODY

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

You know what.

Roll drat tide.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I really want to know how many write-in votes Saban got. Jones won by about 19,000 and I really want Saban to have been the difference.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Time to ride this wave all the way to a natty! Dabo has to lose, we have the moral high ground!

Edit: https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/940789386152677378

Bless their hearts

• Locked thread