Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
The TV anchor on the Fox 10 stream sounds like he's trying to swallow his vomit in between syllables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The moore stream is showing the livestream of the Doug Jones party on the main screen. The Jones party just finished a track by Lil Jon and is playing another one.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

JJJ_laughing_then_asking_youre_serious.gif

Seriously though, I'm glad things went this way. I was seriously bracing for a disapointing evening. Now if we could somehow save Net Neutrality then this will be a pretty fantastic week.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/940789297455796224

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

Doug Jones: "lol no"

Calling him "Senator-elect" though is a good sign that Republicans are not prepared to contest the victory.

they just plan on not seating him until after the tax bill is rammed through both chambers

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

hanales posted:

Also lol some guy is ranting on the Moore stream near the mic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcJGM7htXr0

THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY IT'S A CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Waiting for the Josh Barro hottake how this proves voter suppression is no big deal.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
This tea is delightful.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Given the high teens popularity of the AHCA and Tax Abomination bill, Jones may well end up voting alongside the popular Republican voice.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Senor Tron posted:

THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY IT'S A CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

WHY WOULD REPUBLICANS HELP TEH DEMOCRAT?!?!?!

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Your Boy Fancy posted:

This tea is delightful.

I'm drinking Victory Golden Monkey, it's expectedly appropriate!

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I think Nick Saban actually had a decent portion of the writin

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
From the 538 blog, should we worry about this?

quote:

With 97 percent of precincts reporting, Jones has a margin of 0.7 points over Moore, and the share of write-in votes is more than double that, at around 1.7 percent. Who were people writing in? If that difference holds, we’ll know in due time. In 2016, the Alabama state legislature passed a law requiring the write-in votes to be tallied if the share of write-ins exceeds the margin between the first- and second-place candidates — exactly the situation we’re in now.

VVV Okay, ty

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Ventana posted:

No.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
I thought pedophilia had more political clout in 2017. How the gently caress did Jones win?

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

Ventana posted:

Just means we'll know how many people voted for Nick Saban.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Haha this Jones announcer trying out for WWE

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Doug Jones literally has a hype man lmao

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
Holy poo poo I can't wait for Roy Moore to give his concession speech.

That's gonna happen, right?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/timkaine/status/940790823268036608

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

For the record Fancy, you do know we're going to get Ben Stiller faces with your chosen name for the next election.

funktopus posted:

Holy poo poo I can't wait for Roy Moore to give his concession speech.

That's gonna happen, right?

If there was ever a candidate to challenge an election outcome ad infinitum...

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

At first I was like

But then I was like

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
How long can McConnell slow roll seating Jones?

After the Supreme Court fiasco, I wouldn’t put anything past him.

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

If there was ever a candidate to challenge an election outcome ad infinitum...

Yeah, that's true.

Then again, relentlessly reminding everyone until the day he dies that he lost as a Republican in Alabama is cool too.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

For the record Fancy, you do know we're going to get Ben Stiller faces with your chosen name for the next election.

I don’t need everyone to understand Yuji Nagata references. But they will anyway. The old man is about to kick the poo poo out of everyone

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
In a stunning turn of events pedophilia lost the Alabama Senatorial election by less than 1% of the vote.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

BDawg posted:

Until after the holiday recess

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Excited to see everyone who came out for Moore attempt to distance themselves from him as though they didn't support a pedophile who yearned for the days of slavery.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

It really is too bad we missed out on Vice President Dad

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I don’t need everyone to understand Yuji Nagata references. But they will anyway. The old man is about to kick the poo poo out of everyone

Fair enough

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
How long can the Republicans legally delay Jones taking his seat? If they really wanted to stretch it out, are we talking days, weeks, a month? It's not just McConnell, the Alabama state government has to certify the election.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

sirtommygunn posted:

Excited to see everyone who came out for Moore attempt to distance themselves from him as though they didn't support a pedophile who yearned for the days of slavery.

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/940786812246773760

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
Maybe Roy Moore won't give a concession speech because they held his rally in a high school and he can't get in.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

BDawg posted:

McConnell pretty much can't do poo poo. The delay will come from Alabama counties finalizing the results and the Alabama SoS not certifying the paperwork immediately. Once Jones has the paperwork McConnel can't keep him from being seated as soon as he wants to be.

The longest they could delay is until about the 2nd, but keep in mind that a two week delay from being elected to being seated is pretty standard.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lmao they're singing loving hymns.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
If you aren't watching Moore's live stream right now do it now

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They've started singing hymns on the Moore stream. Refusing to call it. :psyduck:

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Koalas March posted:

Oh god.

Bo Jackson, give me strength.

https://twitter.com/BoJackson/status/940791068978692096

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ComposerGuy posted:

If you aren't watching Moore's live stream right now do it now

Seriously this is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Moore campaign party stream just launching into a hymn

• Locked thread