Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thwack! posted:

The walk speed is decently fast and all but am I crazy to think that the stages are kinda too big for the current speed of the game?

They dont feel too too bad cause you can run to close distance and projectiles can be dodged pretty easy since sweeps go under and jump arcs are pretty good.

The stages were all designed to turn sideways snd trap the opponent in a suddenly narrow alcove so when they scrapped that it probably left them with some weird sized stages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
From a base mechanical sense FLEX looks really fun. It's fast, you can anti-air reliably, it's high damage and rewards good neutral reads. People say it feels good to play too. Now it's just a question of y'know, balancing poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dias posted:

. Now it's just a question of y'know, balancing poo poo.

Ive got some bad (good?) news

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Ive got some bad (good?) news

I know they fixed some of the dumber poo poo already, but it still needs some fine-tuning.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dias posted:

From a base mechanical sense FLEX looks really fun. It's fast, you can anti-air reliably, it's high damage and rewards good neutral reads. People say it feels good to play too. Now it's just a question of y'know, balancing poo poo.

it feels good in the sense that things are powerful but its also insanely janky lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The insane low gravity launchers are real goofy

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i hope they polish it to get the jank out while leaving it real broken in a ton of fun ways

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I should get new fight stick art for a new year of good new fighting games and also I guess SFV will be there.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Big Scary Owl posted:

More Soul Calibur 6 info came out on Famitsu : http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/12/soulcalibur-vi-devs-swordplay-simple-commands-collaborations-teases-character-creation/

So your options are to either side step or use guard break attacks or unblockables probably (if you manage to land it). Good players are probably not going to use it a lot since it's still a gamble even if you hit the Reversal Edge, but new players are probably going to use it a lot, and if they don't know how to deal with it, they'll keep seeing the same rock-paper-scissors duel everytime, breaking the flow of the match. Seems like a really lovely mechanic.

What in god's loving name

Reversal edge better have a giant telegraph or be wildly unsafe or something

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Reverse edging sounds like some kind of sex technique so I have to believe this leak is legitimate.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i hope the add a shiny povray orb to the otherwise blank gray stage background

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Write your best SC6 engrish stage intros ITT

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

exquisite tea posted:

Reverse edging sounds like some kind of sex technique so I have to believe this leak is legitimate.

little premature to say that, don't you think?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

anime was right posted:

little premature to say that, don't you think?

I'll hold off and wait for an official source

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

CharlestonJew posted:

Hark, it is an omen. As hymns resound, thou art offered as a sacrifice upon the feast of madness.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Chaotic Flame posted:

Hark, it is an omen. As hymns resound, thou art offered as a sacrifice upon the feast of madness.

They said Soul Calibur, not Bloodborne

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

The Reversal Edge thing sounds like the evades in Bloody Roar 4, weirdly enough. I dunno if a similar thing has been in another game.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

CharlestonJew posted:

“Can a lust for battle blossom into madness?”

“Let the spirit of destiny forever be rewritten!”

“Heaven or hell, let’s rock!”

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A SOUL CALLS OUT A SWORD ANSWERS! FIGHT!

Just feed it to one of those Markov bots I bet there's enough data to input.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
WHO'S DESTINY BURNS BRIGHT?!

FIRST JUNCTION!

CLASH THE STEEL!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Trying out the new Arcana Lady on some randos online. Check it out then buy the game please!

https://www.twitch.tv/gutcruncher

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

THE BATTLE OF HISTORY WILL CONTINUE THIS DAY

WHO WILL BE THE NEXT CHAMPION OF SOULS

PLAYER 1'S SOUL IS UNQUENCHABLE

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

God help me I'm gonna put that SFV disc back in my PS4. I'm too hype for the disco president.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Beerus, Hit and Goku Black are confirmed, to be revealed in v-jump.

Goku Black has a Zamasu assist (i don't know what a zamasu is) and hit has time powers

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Kurtofan posted:

Goku Black has a Zamasu assist (i don't know what a zamasu is) and hit has time powers

post a fuckin link or source

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

General Morden posted:

post a fuckin link or source

https://gematsu.com/2017/12/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-beerus-hit-goku-black

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

This should explain it:

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Zamasu is a God of Creation (Kai) who became obsessed with the sins of mortals and decides to kill all of them. Realizing he wasn't strong enough to accomplish his goal he used a super powerful form of the dragon balls to switch his body with that of Goku. He then murders Goku (who is in Zamasu's body) and Goku's family. At some point he then travels to an alternate timeline and recruits another version of himself. This version uses the super powerful dragonballs in this timeline to wish for immortality.

Spoilered in case anyone actually cares about DBS spoilers.

Madmarker fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 13, 2017

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

inthesto posted:

What in god's loving name

Reversal edge better have a giant telegraph or be wildly unsafe or something

Based on what we saw in the gameplay videos Mitsurugi had a pretty long wind up and it was sidesteppable on reaction imo. Grain of salt and all that but it seems like a solid crutch mechanic for new players and old hats are gonna eat folks alive for using it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/7jio4u/chris_gs_postbattle_for_the_stones_discussion/

did this get posted yet

even if it did, lol

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

"Live like a windrammer... as you gently caress!"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i really hope MvCI isn't at evo next year

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I tried putting SFV into the disc tray and played about 4 matches, and couldn't wait to stop to play something else.

Don't be like me and sink 500 matches in a game that you just don't like all that much because it's the "popular one." Or in other words, don't Mike Ross yourself.

But that's two hours of Chris G!

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

In Training posted:

i really hope MvCI isn't at evo next year

I hope it is, if only so it can get heckled

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hace posted:

I hope it is, if only so it can get heckled

Saturday morning top 8 at 7:30 am

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

pretting damning poo poo, that viewer count, jfc https://www.destructoid.com/evo-2018-organisers-suggest-that-they-are-torn-on-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-s-inclusion-477681.phtml

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

MechaX posted:

I tried putting SFV into the disc tray and played about 4 matches, and couldn't wait to stop to play something else.

Don't be like me and sink 500 matches in a game that you just don't like all that much because it's the "popular one." Or in other words, don't Mike Ross yourself.

But that's two hours of Chris G!

chris g owns tho???

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i liked chris g when i only knew him from his gameplay and never read or listened to anything he said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Does MvC:I not being on Capcom Channel really contribute that much to it's low viewership?