Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sky Shadowing posted:

CNN is immediately with the Alabama SoS and he's not interested in Moore's shenanigans.

Wait seriously? So he's telling him to shove his recount up his rear end? Lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
idk if this is divine intervention or just black people but either way I just thanked God with a sincere prayer. Can we make it so only black people can vote somwhow?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Terebus posted:

I know, I'm just trying to look at the results from a different perspective and it isn't that hopeful.

A democrat just won in Alabama

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Xibanya posted:

Years from now they’ll claim they never supported him. Some will even convince themselves of it. But most will never forget. They’ll live with that for the rest of their days.

they won't think about it again after tomorrow imo

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

CNN shows 50% to 48.4% now too. :laugh:

Glad to be wrong sometimes. :shittydog:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
MSNBC just rocketsled'd Kornacki back to his magic wall to explain just how far Moore's head is up his rear end now.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm sure Moore is in some kind of fugue state right now because he had 100% confidence God would give him victory and that didn't happen.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Endorph posted:

that's really good news, honestly. he could have dragged this out for a while with the republican party's support, but it seems like everyone's just going to leave him out to dry.

Oh they're totally gonna drag this poo poo out into January, but Jones is getting seated.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

SOS saying they need to validate write ins

ffs

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Alabama SoS: "yeah if Moore pays for a recount we'll do it, there almost certainly aren't that many military ballots, and write-in votes must be registered candidates" which means probably 0 of them count.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Sky Shadowing posted:

CNN is immediately with the Alabama SoS and he's not interested in Moore's shenanigans.

Good.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait seriously? So he's telling him to shove his recount up his rear end? Lmao.

Well Roy did just royally gently caress up what was basically a cakewalk. It's like you put your kid in charge of the store while you're on vacation for two days and you come back and he's burned it down and is in jail for trafficking meth.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
If write ins get tossed because the candidate wasn't a valid choice, wouldn't that increase Jones' margin?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Merritt doing a fairly good job of explaining the minutae.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
There's more write-ins than Jone's winning vote count. I look forward to the "WRITE IN LOSE MOORE THE VOTE" craziness too.

Ann Coulter, like the rest of the Reich Wing Media, needs to be tied to a rocket and fired in to the sun.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Is this dude doing a horn solo at the Moore party right now??

The Commonwealth
Jun 6, 2008

I could have been someone. Well, so could anyone.

Really though,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOUqQt3Kg0

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

SOS saying they need to validate write ins

ffs

He's just describing process, being professional.

He said he doesn't see Moore winning

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

lol the alabama secretary of state just said the last recount shifted the total all of four votes

he's shutting down all moore hope as hard as he can

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'm sure Moore is in some kind of fugue state right now because he had 100% confidence God would give him victory and that didn't happen.

God was just pranking Moore when he promised that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

nachos posted:

Alabama Secretary of State not comfortable meeting with Roy Moore tonight lmao

If you’re going to meet with Roy Moore, for God’s sake, don’t do it after nightfall.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Terebus posted:

I know, I'm just trying to look at the results from a different perspective and it isn't that hopeful.

Now is not the time. Let people enjoy a win.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TyrantWD posted:

If write ins get tossed because the candidate wasn't a valid choice, wouldn't that increase Jones' margin?

No. But I can almost guarantee you almost none of them count.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

oh good, misinterpreted it

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015
If this does go on doesn't that mean that there's more time for all the provisional ballots to make a difference?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/petridishes/status/940803947962519552

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Tonight's mood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwcKwGS7OSQ

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

evilweasel posted:

lol the alabama secretary of state just said the last recount shifted the total all of four votes

he's shutting down all moore hope as hard as he can

Both national and now even state Republicans want Moore to disappear off the face of the earth. This literally could not have gone worse for them, losing even after their last minute reattachment to his campaign

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

God was just pranking Moore when he promised that.

Nah, a devil told him "if you do this the right man will win Alabama" and he got all excited.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No. But I can almost guarantee you almost none of them count.

I would love to know how many were for Nick Saban.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

TOOT BOOT posted:

He's not getting the public exoneration he's been subconsciously praying for since the scandal emerged. Had he won, he'd more easily have been able to suppress the little nagging in the back of his mind reminding him he may have done something wrong to some very young people.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Throwing Turtles posted:

If this does go on doesn't that mean that there's more time for all the provisional ballots to make a difference?

provisionals have to be examined either way before certification but will lean heavily dem

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Jfc this is the most politically emotional I've been since my mother died. Or maybe it's the whiskey.

"'mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the lord

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/940799557495074816

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:drat:

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Rigel posted:

Checking in again, any foreign goons out there sharing in our little stupid, delirious celebration? :)

Philippines ex-pat Trump-thread lurker posse representing.

Hoping that the promising Virginia/Alabama results could be the first catalysts of a much bigger movement that has a powerful global knock-on effect. Feels like there's potentially some light at the end of this dark-rear end tunnel.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I'm glad Moore is dragging out this debasement for as long as possible.

Way to pick a winner!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
That SoS for Alabama has a look of "man I don't want to be here right now, I'm going to have so many drat questions about this poo poo and Roy Moore is done can't we just move on" while giving by-the-book answers on those CNN questions.

Spiffster posted:

Glad to be wrong sometimes. :shittydog:

:same:

I had no faith in the GOP (still don't) after seeing Trump's sexual assault get brushed off so easily. Thank god black voters (and younger voters in general, it seems?) got out in droves for Jones.

• Locked thread