Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Petr posted:

When he said there has to be a 0.5% margin including all candidates, does that mean Jones has to beat him plus write-ins by 0.5%?

We will find out at 11. Stay tuned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Your Boy Fancy posted:

This tea is delightful.

:hfive:

I try not to drink on work nights but I cracked open a cold one for this. This is a great day.

Big props to everyone who went and volunteered, donated and told others not to despair. And an extra big thanks to the black community in Alabama for getting out there and voting their butts off. This win is due to them.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Could the Alabama SOS just say "screw you" and certify Jones the winner anyway?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You wait patiently for the lord dipshit. See where it gets you.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Your Boy Fancy posted:

This tea is delightful.

me rn

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Petr posted:

When he said there has to be a 0.5% margin including all candidates, does that mean Jones has to beat him plus write-ins by 0.5%?

Only if the write ins are from qualified candidates.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Moore can pay for his own recount, apparently

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

Anubis posted:

Before polls closed it was reported that Moore only wrote one speech. Of course everyone loving says that, but he might be egotistical enough to have actually done it... maybe that's his delay at this point?

You don't get a resume like moore's without being monstrously arrogant

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

theflyingorc posted:

Moore can pay for his own recount, apparently

Moore couldn't even pay to campaign the last two weeks.

On the delay getting Jones into the Senate.

The earliest reasonable date is the 26th. The counties have until the 22nd to finalize, then it's the weekend and Christmas leaving the following Tuesday(the 26th) as the first date the SoS could be expected to finish the paperwork.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

farraday posted:

Moore couldn't even pay to campaign the last two weeks.

On the delay getting Jones into the Senate.

The earliest reasonable date is the 26th. The counties have until the 22nd to finalize, then it's the weekend and Christmas leaving the following Tuesday(the 26th) as the first date the SoS could be expected to finish the paperwork.
I wouldn't put it past someone like the Mercers floating them the cash, not to actually win but to drag things out Coleman style.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
https://twitter.com/nydailynews/status/940794459800899586

YESSSSSS

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Koalas March posted:

I just wanna remind everyone thanking AL black voters that Fluffdaddy is from Alabama and he has a gofundme in TGRS and could use a bit of help. :)

Thanks for this, sent some :10bux: over

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
The SoS sounds like a reasonable dude.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
It's a bonafide god damned christmas miracle.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7CYzc1naaw

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
God this is a happy ending for this thread. I didn't expect one when it started, let alone several.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Quorum posted:

God this is a happy ending for this thread. I didn't expect one when it started, let alone several.

2018 is going to be a turning point in American history

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

axeil posted:

Thank you!

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

axeil posted:

thanks and god bless!

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
edit

AARO fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 14, 2017

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/940806654966272001

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

lol what if Moore doesn't concede like legally what happens

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Bluemillion posted:

It's a bonafide god damned christmas miracle.

A Hanukkah miracle, actually.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

He's going to have an "accident" cleaning his little gun.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Yeah, if it was a few thousand less maybe Moore could claw it out but numbers above 20 are not his forte.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

they will certify the election results and he will throw a tantrum just like he did when they kicked him off the bench twice

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Nothing?

There isn't any legal requirement defeated candidates have to be nice or in touch with reality, AFAIK. I fully expect Moore to spend the rest of his days pissing and whining and moaning and crying to everyone who'll listen to him.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

2018 is going to be a turning point in American history

Hell: 2016 is going to be a turning point in American history. So far, it's not looking like anything is likely to go the way of the GOP after that.

Remember all those commentators who said the Republicans could survive a Trump loss, but not a Trump win? They're looking more and more right by the day.

I'm dead serious when I say that the history books will remember this as a turning point in the current cycle of the American party system, just as the elections of Reagan, FDR, and Lincoln were. (Of course, unlike those elections, the party Trump represents won't be the beneficiary.)

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

YO! I heard there are conservative tears to enjoy! Wheres the punch bowl!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

God dammit!

Only 4 and a 1/2 stars Daily News? Don't make me have to go all CineD up in here!" :argh:

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Nothing?

There isn't any legal requirement defeated candidates have to be nice or in touch with reality, AFAIK. I fully expect Moore to spend the rest of his days pissing and whining and moaning and crying to everyone who'll listen to him.

I'm cynical enough to half-expect something like "well, traditionally the defeated opponent always concedes, but in this obscure Alabama law that can be delayed and if a election is deemed illegitimate by such and such Alabama council blah blah blah reasons we sure do live in unprecedented times indeed it's not over yet holy poo poo blah...."

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

BigRed0427 posted:

YO! I heard there are conservative tears to enjoy! Wheres the punch bowl!

Charles Barkley rolled through and drained that sucker dry. It refills on it's own though just wait.

https://twitter.com/mollyesque/status/940809771950755841

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

farraday posted:

Charles Barkley rolled through and drained that sucker dry. It refills on it's own though just wait.

History rhymes, friends.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

farraday posted:

But did she do it on horseback? This is important.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

2 years ago that was the safest Republican held Senate seat in the country. Jesus. I still can't get over it.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
An alleged paedophile still only barely lost by 1.3%. The US is still a divided hellhole where two halves of the population despise each other. There's a long way to go yet.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

An alleged paedophile still only barely lost by 1.3%. The US is still a divided hellhole where two halves of the population despise each other. There's a long way to go yet.

This is literally one of the worst pockets, get over yourself

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BigRed0427 posted:

God dammit!

Only 4 and a 1/2 stars Daily News? Don't make me have to go all CineD up in here!" :argh:
You have to admit "'Last Jedi' is first-rate" is a really good line. I'm sure it's not wholly original but it's good.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Take joy in every step that moves towards your ultimate goal. If nothing else, it'll piss off your enemies to see you smiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

theflyingorc posted:

This is literally one of the worst pockets, get over yourself

Also remember that from investigations and polling, the allegations about moore was making alabama republicans MORE LIKELY to get out the vote for him.

Ultimately it looks like the deciding factor was the African American population of Alabama got out the vote in record numbers. This is very significant.

• Locked thread