Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Thank god for Black people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Black people are loving awesome. Thank y'all

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Bakanogami posted:

I would honestly not be surprised if Trump doesn't even remember Strange existed.

I think his response will be:

1) Making excuses. Probably about how write in votes are bad or something. He definitely won't blame Moore being a pedophile out of fear it will leave himself open to sexual harassment claims.
2) Completely ignoring he ever supported Moore at all. Possibly even just ignoring Alabama had an election.
3) Saying everything about Moore was made up and blaming the media for misleading voters. (This one's most likely)

The mistake you're making is dividing them into three different possibilities instead of going with all of them. Cuz he's gonna do all three.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/Mikel_Jollett/status/940707757220544513

Roy Moore's campaign spokesman, ladies and gentlemen. No matter how many times I watch it, it makes me laugh every. Single. Time.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

hey

HEY

you have been recycling through these gifs. you need to find some new ones pronto.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I'm glad we get one victory this week,
Anyways rip net neutrality

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Your Taint posted:

How is t_d reacting?

quote:

Soros voting machines

quote:

Roy ought to be putting together a civil case for slander, loss of income, whatever, and sue those women into bankruptcy. Take their fuckin' trailer houses and leave them homeless. They had not problems screwing Roy over for most probably, some under the table cash.

quote:

The alegations weren't enough. They rigged this beyond obvious levels. It's fraud through and through. Trump will not sit idle without an investigation.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So is Roy Moore going to say Прощай yet or is he still refusing to concede?

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

DRRRAAINAGE!!!
does alabama politics change forever now? a mobilized black vote?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Spikeguy posted:

I have a cousin who is in Birmingham AL, right now. I let her know of your thanks. :)

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Big shouts to World Famous W, who just had one hell of a first campaign. That dude has earned a good night’s sleep after he dances awhile.

All the Alabama / Deep South Goons have to be thrilled. This thread, the country, the whole world has been making GBS threads on Alabama for weeks, insisting they’d elect a pedophile. But they didn’t! Alabama organized, they registered voters in a state famous for making it hard, and they TURNED THE gently caress OUT at obscene levels. You get to be proud of Alabama today.

It always mattered, hope is the truth, and ALL ABOARD FOR BLUE JUSTICE.

You're a national treasure Fancy, I mean that in all sincerity.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Koalas March posted:

You're welcome y'all 😂😂😘😘

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

that's better

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Happy Hanukkah tonight to everyone except pedophile and noted extreme loser roy moore

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

hey

HEY

you have been recycling through these gifs. you need to find some new ones pronto.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
5600, and good job most of alabama.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

zarron posted:

I have a cousin who is in Birmingham AL, right now. I let her know of your thanks. :)

Tell her people as far away as Southeast Asia want to thank her too :)

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Believe it or not, it's here to stay now. Feminists have effectively destroyed flirting in the workplace and it's going to get worse before ut gets better

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Ginette Reno posted:

Spikeguy posted:

Yeah, as a young (30 is still young gently caress you) white person, we need to help each other because we aren't enough to stop our lovely parents from dragging us all to hell. Thank you black people for coming out and saving us all. Our parents really are just the worst.

I know that the thing I'm going to push for now is ground game and helping minorities overcome voter suppression because results don't lie. We've never needed to sway R voters, we've needed to remove the obstacles they put in the way for allies to make it to the polls.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

enraged_camel posted:

appreciate what is given

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bronze posted:

this is a great recent success to point to which will help alabama democrats and other political groups organize and fundraise, but it doesn't resolve any of the issues which keep alabama red

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

Happy Hanukkah tonight to everyone except pedophile and noted extreme loser roy moore

Holy poo poo I just realized I was so obsessed with the election that I didn't light my menorah 😭😭😭

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Bronze posted:

Unfortunately, no. This took decreased white AND increased black vote.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Ginette Reno posted:

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

https://twitter.com/ehatt493/status/940796442372984832

selec
Sep 6, 2003

More (Moore?) from /r/t_d

quote:

I swear these dumbass young Dems would cut off their own dick if the media told them it would be good for them. Do they not realize why they have a job? It's because of business owners. Every democrat is bleeding small business dry with their regulations for what? Because the Democrat party is in the pockets of big business. That's why Walmart Amazon every loving big business is Liberal Democrat. If they don't pass this tax bill I'm going to sell my business to a large corporation and say gently caress it to my ungrateful ducking employees. I pay well, I give you time off whenever you need it, I do special things for you, I bend over backwards to make YOUR life easier. For what? So I can work 80 hours a week, stress out when we go through a slow period, drive a lovely car, single because I work to much, rent a house all the while you sip your starbuck lattes in your new cars talking about your kids new personal trainer for their club league. gently caress this. You see those websites that say Top 10 best Jobs well go make one that says Top 10 Worst Jobs and put business owner at the top of the list. I swear if I get one more goddamn Letter from the IRS telling me I own them more money I may just close that motherfucker down.
Sorry I need to rant where people can see it

quote:

Or you know .. let’s face the reality. Nasty attacks work on “muh conservative values” cucks. Today’s loss is on every republican that stayed home.
And if it was really rigged then What’s the point of having a majority if we can’t even do anything to stop it?

quote:

We need a law that if any physical evidence is provided in an allegation against a politician running for office, it must be turned over to the FBI for testing by multiple independent labs.

quote:

I'm so pissed off

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Congratulations and thank you to African Americans in Alabama for keeping a ducking pedophile out of office and saving the world! We might make it out of this mess after all!

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/rickhasen/status/940814505617043456

It is too late for me to check the accuracy of this myself but lmao

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

So in order to gain majority in Senate, Democrats now need to hold ground in Indiana, Missouri, North Dakota and West Virginia in 2018, and win in Arizona and Nevada.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This old Sportscenter commercial is full of good source material
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlHrbixS7Ws

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I know it only happened cause Moore is a uniquely terrible candidate but lol that Trump's America led to Ala-fuckin-bama electing a Democrat.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
tonight was good

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Thank you black people of Alabama for loving getting it done.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

khy posted:

https://twitter.com/Mikel_Jollett/status/940707757220544513

Roy Moore's campaign spokesman, ladies and gentlemen. No matter how many times I watch it, it makes me laugh every. Single. Time.

im loving crying laughing this is exactly my loving poo poo

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
PoC have saved us, praise Allah

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm kind of worried about 18-24 YOs. Like, what the hell you weirdos. What's with that downturn there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Bronze posted:

Probably... not. The energized African American vote was an obvious and major part of Jones coalition, but it isn't a new voting block in Alabama. To put it another way, with the democratic base and however many Republican defectors, they received almost 100% of Clinton's vote total, which is great for a special election but elides the fact Clinton got about half the votes of Trump in Alabama. There are a lot of lovely white people in Alabama who simply didn't turn out to vote tonight but will in the future.

It could, and hopefully will, definitely impact local races, but statewide it would require a larger and more permanent shift, probably among college educated whites, to truly change Alabama politics.

• Locked thread