Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Abuminable posted:

Am I inferring correctly that these trolls are employees?

I am astonished that there's any doubt about this, so far into things. There's definitely some people I've suspected.

E:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Loxbourne posted:

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

I'm gone for half a day and SD gets busted and Derek cooks up the ele with hot sauce

Turn your FUD sensors to 12/10 and rub with the stimperor

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATX1RxUX0y0

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bribase posted:

I took a risk and i got burned. It happens. It takes balls.

:golfclap:

Sunswipe posted:

Don't give up now. Insist you're the real Bribase and the one on reddit is impersonating you.

In a way, we're all Bribase, including Derek.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Combat Theory posted:

I'm gone for half a day and SD gets busted and Derek cooks up the ele with hot sauce

Turn your FUD sensors to 12/10 and rub with the stimperor

Pairs well with gin

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
I just want to get in before the shitshow really takes off. But right now as much as some of you will really hate it, you all need to start practicing this quote.

"Derek Smart was right".

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nothing is going to happen feel free to quote the poo poo out of this.

DS is the CIG of ELEs at this point.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

:smuggo:

Bribase
Dec 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

DapperDon posted:

I just want to get in before the shitshow really takes off. But right now as much as some of you will really hate it, you all need to start practicing this quote.

"Derek Smart was right".

Why don't you just say what it is in 3-4 sentences and scoop the poo poo of Derek.

"DapperDon was right"

How does that sound? Repeated hundreds of times as CIG burns from the white hot fires of a thousand ELEs.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/940959144219152384

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Lets see here:

1- CIG steals other peoples ideas and call them their own. DSmart steals SA poster leaks and calls them his own.
2- CIG promises release dates and never delivers. DSmart promises exclusives, breaking news, and insider info and never delivers.
3- CIG produces a lovely, bug ridden "Alpha". DSmart... Just Posts.

Checks out.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Surface Detail wasn't right

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Someone needs to repost the little comic of someone sharing something with derek and then derek, taking it and calling it his own.

Thoatse, you’re the master of old images, you probably have it handy lol

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Combat Theory posted:

Surface Detail wasn't right

the boy ain't right

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Bribase posted:

Why don't you just say what it is in 3-4 sentences and scoop the poo poo of Derek.

"DapperDon was right"

How does that sound? Repeated hundreds of times as CIG burns from the white hot fires of a thousand ELEs.

Well there are multiple reasons why. First off is because I am not one to break confidence with anyone that lends me their trust. This is Derek's scoop and when HE decides its the right time then HE can share it. I don't need to be right about anything and I don't need to be famous for loving over someone that gave me their trust. But dammit if he didn't call this one. And it is bad.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

DapperDon posted:

"Derek Smart was right".

I say this in chat at the start of some of the Heroes of the Storm games I play. Just to get a rise out of any cultists that happen to be playing.

Is that sorry?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I don't know, I think it's real this time. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me fifteen times... next time's definitely gonna be the ELE.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Golli posted:

Pairs well with gin

And yogurt.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Bayonnefrog posted:

I say this in chat at the start of some of the Heroes of the Storm games I play. Just to get a rise out of any cultists that happen to be playing.

Is that sorry?

No, Derek Smart was right has long left the playing fields of star citizen. It has become the name of countless ED ships, greetings in pvp games and pretty much the "leeeeeeroyyyyy Jeeeeenkins" of the space sim community

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Virtual Captain posted:

Bullshit see December set 1

And if you don't have http://imgur.com/zSQi9Dw on your clipboard at all times I just don't know what to tell you.

It's in my heart Virtual, that's all I need.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Like what do you think is going to happen? You're kind of implying that this is a class action suit, which can be filed by anyone who wants to check the appropriate box in a complaint sheet. It can't be a concluded class-action against CIG unless the class was some really tiny group, because if it had been in progress we'd have been hearing about it for months. A brand-new class-action might be bad news for them, or it might be nothing, it would depend entirely on the injuries claimed and what state they were filing it in.

All you're doing by spinning this is further eroding your credibility when it turns out to be nothing, or leaving everyone underwhelmed when it turns out to be something but not much.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sarsapariller posted:

Like what do you think is going to happen? You're kind of implying that this is a class action suit, which can be filed by anyone who wants to check the appropriate box in a complaint sheet. It can't be a concluded class-action against CIG unless the class was some really tiny group, because if it had been in progress we'd have been hearing about it for months. A brand-new class-action might be bad news for them, or it might be nothing, it would depend entirely on the injuries claimed and what state they were filing it in.

All you're doing by spinning this is further eroding your credibility when it turns out to be nothing, or leaving everyone underwhelmed when it turns out to be something but not much.

Just wait, two weeks

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Eldragon posted:

Lets see here:

1- CIG steals other peoples ideas and call them their own. DSmart steals SA poster leaks and calls them his own.
2- CIG promises release dates and never delivers. DSmart promises exclusives, breaking news, and insider info and never delivers.
3- CIG produces a lovely, bug ridden "Alpha". DSmart... Just Posts.

Checks out.

It's actually happening, the next few days are going to be amazing.*

*2 weeks tops.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

DapperDon posted:

Well there are multiple reasons why. First off is because I am not one to break confidence with anyone that lends me their trust. This is Derek's scoop and when HE decides its the right time then HE can share it. I don't need to be right about anything and I don't need to be famous for loving over someone that gave me their trust. But dammit if he didn't call this one. And it is bad.

You can’t really claim credit for calling something if you never actually specify what it is you’re calling.

Although Derek certainly tries, bless his heart

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Abuminable posted:

That sounds like something MoMA would write in a fit of despair after finding out CIG are indeed selling land.

If you think I have the time or audacity to write SC fanfic, you don't really know me then . . .

:negative:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I get erect, and when things don't pan out I feel grief.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

The Extreme Laughs Event is coming. Or it may not be. Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

The Titanic posted:

I’ll be your gunner.

You can be my pusher.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

EightAce posted:

MoMa Does not work for CIG . people constantly saying that he does probably gives him a giant Stiffy

Yuuuuuuge.

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

I assume this news will be the equivalent of hiring a hooker from backpage because she’s gorgeous in the pic.....but when she actually shows up..........

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

:rolleyes:

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

boviscopophobic posted:

The Extreme Laughs Event is coming. Or it may not be. Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Variable 5 posted:

You can’t really claim credit for calling something if you never actually specify what it is you’re calling.

Although Derek certainly tries, bless his heart

This isn't so much of something that he actually called. This is proof positive he HAS been sitting on some real info from real insiders.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

December 13th 15:35 GMT

Just before news leaks.

Bribase
Dec 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Abuminable posted:

Am I inferring correctly that these trolls are employees?

Who here would believe me if I said I was a CIG employee? Be honest.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Mne nravitsya posted:

I assume this news will be the equivalent of hiring a hooker from backpage because she’s gorgeous in the pic.....but when she actually shows up..........

prepare for the mildest ride of your life

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Bribase posted:

Who here would believe me if I said I was a CIG employee? Be honest.

You already played that card a few accounts ago

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

Wise Learned Man posted:

I initially misread this as "3 civil meatles" and immediately wondered whether you were leaving out John, George, Ringo, or Parp.

I'd never leave any of them out (of the stew)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Combat Theory posted:

No, Derek Smart was right has long left the playing fields of star citizen. It has become the name of countless ED ships, greetings in pvp games and pretty much the "leeeeeeroyyyyy Jeeeeenkins" of the space sim community

Yeah. It just seemed fitting to spread that meme for laughs