Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Gobias Ind. posted:

So you can literally only make one more move for the rest of the year? And Rudolph is your only TE?

Unfortunately I think that means you can't be making moves to block your opponent. Too much risk there. (And Bortles is a solid play for the next 2 weeks, so it's not like you'd be sticking him with utter trash)

Ugh, I know you’re right, but being responsible sucks :mad:

Really kicking myself for dropping money on Cincinnati DST late in the season. I never even played them over Chargers DST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

illcendiary posted:

Ugh, I know you’re right, but being responsible sucks :mad:

Really kicking myself for dropping money on Cincinnati DST late in the season. I never even played them over Chargers DST.

Trade your 15th round pick next year to the guy in your league who has the biggest FAAB remaining and buy them all.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

#1 seed in both my leagues, Wentz in one and Cousins in the other...Bortles is a free agent in both.

gently caress it, I'm jumping on the Bortwagon.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Can we shut the gently caress up about Mike Davis now holy poo poo.

Unless someone has a time machine it's completely pointless. Especially considering he was in two of the three player pickup articles (FAAB and streamer).

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Dec 13, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Can we shut the gently caress up about Mike Davis now holy poo poo.

Unless someone has a time machine it's completely pointless. Especially considering he was in two of the three player pickup articles (FAAB and streamer).

Sure but just remember this. CBS has him projected for more points than any of my other running backs except for Hunt, and only 1.4 points behind him.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
*clears throat*

Christine Michael Davis

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
In other news I own 4 DSTs to play week 16 cockblock in my BML

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
successfully snagged Bortles even though ESPN waivers don't reset once the playoffs start (we play weekly reset like idiots) :toot:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Can we shut the gently caress up about Mike Davis now holy poo poo

If you're going to spam your articles here don't be a crybaby when you get called out for poo poo.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Consider the free proof-reading you get here a fair trade for the constructive criticism.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Dec 13, 2017

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I added the Saints defense with the second to last waiver position which hopefully will help me against the #1 seed who has a good team even if he's rostering two kickers in week 15. This is fantasy football.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
if you're counting on Mike Davis to save your season I have some troubling news for you

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The article was over a week ago and we've all had good discussion on it and I was just trying to move on from an eight day old waiver wire piece because I thought it was officially making GBS threads up the thread.

consider the advice duly noted

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

poo poo. Missed out on Flacco, Cutler, and Foles. My QBs are now Trubisky and Gabbert this week.

I'm so hosed.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Anyone else firing up Jordy Nelson this week and hoping they continue how they left off?

Because gently caress you Hundley way to make him useless for 8 weeks.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

VietCampo posted:

Anyone else firing up Jordy Nelson this week and hoping they continue how they left off?

I have him sitting on my bench and I'm staring really, really hard at him over Crabtree or Goodwin. I have Kamara/Rodgers/Hunt/Gronk though so I'm playing from a position of trying to not poo poo the bed.

I personally think that unless you need to get a 2 TD performance out of him as a huge swing hail mary as an underdog, it's probably best to let Jordy and Rodgers get their act together before rolling out Jordy.

Talk to me again at 9:59 AM Pacific on Sunday morning though. I'll be the one having panic attacks trying to decide.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

So you can literally only make one more move for the rest of the year? And Rudolph is your only TE?

Unfortunately I think that means you can't be making moves to block your opponent. Too much risk there. (And Bortles is a solid play for the next 2 weeks, so it's not like you'd be sticking him with utter trash)

This is really good advice. Don't burn your lifeboat because you think your enemy might get a bit chilly later on.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

dkj posted:

poo poo. Missed out on Flacco, Cutler, and Foles. My QBs are now Trubisky and Gabbert this week.

I'm so hosed.

Can you play Mike Davis at QB?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Edit: nm

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Dec 13, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spoeank posted:

I have him sitting on my bench and I'm staring really, really hard at him over Crabtree or Goodwin. I have Kamara/Rodgers/Hunt/Gronk though so I'm playing from a position of trying to not poo poo the bed.

I personally think that unless you need to get a 2 TD performance out of him as a huge swing hail mary as an underdog, it's probably best to let Jordy and Rodgers get their act together before rolling out Jordy.

Talk to me again at 9:59 AM Pacific on Sunday morning though. I'll be the one having panic attacks trying to decide.

Is it PPR? I might consider him over Goodwin.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

pubic works project posted:

Is it PPR? I might consider him over Goodwin.

It's standard scoring. Like I said... staring long. and. hard.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Spoeank posted:

It's standard scoring. Like I said... staring long. and. hard.

I'm starting A-Aron, brother. Start Jordy. Let's ride or die!!!

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Jordy was somehow sitting on waivers in my 10 team league. I typically wake up at around 4:30 the last two waiver weeks of the year to beat everybody to the punch on anybody decent left after rolling waivers process.

I didn't wake up at 4:30am today to not start Jordy on Sunday. This league is crazy scoring for WR. Right now I have Tyreek Hill, Keenan Allen and Jordy as my three WR with Dede, Funchess and Demaryius on the bench. How crazy is the scoring? The last 4 weeks for Keenan Allen? 112, 107, 66, 54

Let the good times roll.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

spanky69 posted:

How crazy is the scoring? The last 4 weeks for Keenan Allen? 112, 107, 66, 54

wtf... what are your total scores each week?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

spanky69 posted:

The last 4 weeks for Keenan Allen? 112, 107, 66, 54

uh, wtf?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

What the hell

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I'm starting Mike Davis this week in the playoffs (in a league where the goal is for your players to perform badly, so RBs gain points for carries and lose points for yards, first downs, and touchdowns).

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Oh you want to hear about this 2 QB/2 Defense shitshow of a league?

I lost one week 510-474. I average about 400 a week and I am the 1 seed.

These people have anywhere from 2-5 defenses on their roster because the defenses score more then the QB's. The 2 unrostered defenses as of last night were the Giants and the Raiders

Defense Scoring:

Sacks 3
Int's 7
Fumble Recovery 10
TD's 10
Safety 10
Block Kick 5
Kick and Punt Return TD's 10
PA (0) - 50, (1-6) - 40, (7-13) - 35, (14-20) - 30, (21-27) - 10, (28-34) - 0 (35+) - 5

Kickers:

FG (0-19) - 3, (20-29) - 5, (30-39) - 7, (40-49) - 9, (50+) - 11

Receivers:

2 points per catch
3 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 7 points at 115 yards; 10 points at 130 yards
10 yards per point for return yards (Hence Tyreek Hill)

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
jesus what the christ man. AB84 has probably scored more in your league than my entire roster all season.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
There was also a 4 team trade in this league early in the season among the 23 trades

Antonio Brown - 104/30/68/21/94/95/36/33/22/110/113/60/115

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
im rolling Jordy. Im down 90 in a 2 week playoff match so why the gently caress not

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/42668/what-to-expect-in-aaron-rodgers-return-check-the-film-from-2013

Looks like I'm all in this week on the Rodgers train over Smith & Keenum.

I'm worried how my other team who has been leaning on D. Adams and J. Williams is going to fare though.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Grateful Jack Doyle plays Thursday. Best to just get that poo poo out of the way and move on. Swallow the frog.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/42668/what-to-expect-in-aaron-rodgers-return-check-the-film-from-2013

Looks like I'm all in this week on the Rodgers train over Smith & Keenum.

I'm worried how my other team who has been leaning on D. Adams and J. Williams is going to fare though.

If it's PPR I think Williams will be just fine. A-Aron likes to check it down when he has to.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

What do people make of Jordy Nelson? Poised to have a game with Rodgers back or is he just slow now?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Jordy can still ball with Rodgers under Center. Take it to the bank.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Double post!!

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican
lol Keenum was dropped in my league. Start him over Bortles?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Liquid Banjo posted:

lol Keenum was dropped in my league. Start him over Bortles?

Ehh it’s a wash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I prefer Keenum this week to Bort just because I believe that hot streak more than Borts and the Bengals have been warm wet poo against QBs lately. It's close though.

• Locked thread