Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
I found it!

quote:

You could always try being a twitch streamer. I won one of those "set for life" 2 thousand dollars a week scratchoff tickets and one of my hobbies is finding random streamers to shower with cash out of nowhere. I've learned though that it's best just to do it randomly to someone who seems cool then move on like Mary Poppins, if you get a crush on a woman and think you can buy her heart you're going to have bad time.

It's a bit like when there was this cute earthy college student who I used to watch obsessively and I eventually worked up the nerve to stop lurking and join chat (I broke the ice with a 500 dollar donation) and after a slow start I found my groove and started riffing off of everything she said and kind of became something of an Ed Mcmahon to her Carson. I'm only 32 but am pretty much an 80's guy at heart and I'd need to send her about a dozen wikipedia articles and youtube links a day so she'd get all my references haha. Anyhow one of her many quirks was how she'd take tinynibbles of food whenever she ate on stream and I'd playfully tease her about how she was half rabbit. It became what I thought was a beloved inside joke in chat and I made a couple fun compilation vids of her eating crossed with clips from the bucky o'hare show and watership down that synced up with her. I even payed 400 dollars for a pixel art gif of her as reader rabbit (which she played on stream once) nibbling away.

I'm not going to lie, I thought she loved the joke just as much as I did and I even had the gif artist do up a pic of us as rabbit bride and groom on top of a wedding cake (this was something to have in my back pocket 3 years down the line well after we started dating, don't worry I wasn't crazy folks) when I googled her old WOW, neopets etc. nickname she used as a teenager and sometimes used for reddit accounts etc. today and it was a post on a female streamers forum about how there was a guy in her chat who was cool at first but was starting to get way too obsessive and was starting to dominate the conversation and drive other people away and how upset and conflicted she was because he seems really nice and well meaning and doesn't realize how uncomfortable he was making her and everyone else, she has a brother who has aspergers so she's seen this kind of thing before and wants to know how best to gently suggest to him he tones it down without hurting his feelings.

She then talked about how it's extra awkward because he's basically been allowing her to make rent the last few months with donations but it's to the point where it's not worth trying to make a living streaming if it means having to deal with him everyday.

The transition to feeling on top of the world (I'd just spent 4 hours straight fapping to what I thought was our ineveitable honeymoon) to like human garbage was dramatic and I almost threw up, but just cried myself to sleep instead. The main thing is that she was happy and like Jorah with Daenerys I needed to leave her be. I still lurked of course and watched her stream 5 hours a day until of course the end of the month came around and from her comments on financial advice reddits new she was getting desperate and she started "nonchalantly" noticing my absence and saying "malgoll" where are you? Someone needs to start putting his pictures on milk cartons man haha..."

There's a particular streamer I knew she strongly disliked who was pretty much the opposite of her in every way, my crush was a lot like Felicia day and this woman was pretty the archetype of the intimidating "fps chick" this woman also ended up dating a male streamer she had a massive crush on and pretty much saw her as the embodiment of all her insecurities of herself.

Anyhow it was pretty glorious to lurk in her chat and see her reaction when it blew up with people going "holy poo poo! Malgoll just donated 2 thousand dollars to fpschick!" just the look of utter confusion on her face would have broken my heart if I didn't know how duplicitous she truly was. She ended up pm'ing me "what's going on, what did I do?" but after sending screenshots of all her forum posts I almost didn't want to include our wedding picture and truly make her live with regret for the rest of her life after realizing I saw her as wife material. We've both moved on, she finally started streaming again and has a job in the gaming industry and I think I've finally found my future wife but its still tragic to realize that the one real shot at true love either of us will probably have in our lives was ruined by something as silly as poking fun at how a person nibbles their food.

Edit:

uvar posted:

https://imgur.com/a/g57cN

I can't figure out how to get the photo links on this device, sorry. But don't worry - it wasn't a real wedding cake, just a drawing of one!

Yes! Good work uvar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
:stare:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
He spent less time talking about her panicking about money issues than I remembered, but the amount of internet stalking was waaaaay worse than I remembered. Here's the source on reddit, the responses are all a mix of "wtf," "seek mental help," and "wtf."

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I like how he thinks that showing her the wedding picture would have made her regret her evil bitch ways rather than making her think "holy gently caress thank God I got out when I did"

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yikes. Talk about a sperg not being able to read people.

And to top it off, he takes her "how do I let him down gently" comments as some kind of duplicity on her part.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
But_Im_A_Nice_Guy.txt

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

JK! posted:

I found it!

Edit:

Yes! Good work uvar!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZmFCs-ltY

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

JK! posted:

I found it!

Ho-Lee Fuuuuuck :randstare:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Yes i'm sure it was the rabbit "joke" that was the problem and not all the spergy references and jokes nobody understood without a wiki link. If i recall correctly ed mcmahon didn't make a joke and follow it up with "you see what i meant by that was...." every time.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

JK! posted:

I found it!

Yes! Good work uvar!

In Uvar's he says he won $2k/mo, in Reddit he starts by saying he got $17 K from his grandma. Of everything in this horror story, that's what stood out the most.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Yes i'm sure it was the rabbit "joke" that was the problem and not all the spergy references and jokes nobody understood without a wiki link. If i recall correctly ed mcmahon didn't make a joke and follow it up with "you see what i meant by that was...." every time.

Ed almost never made jokes. He was the straight man. His job was to laugh on cue.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Khazar-khum posted:

In Uvar's he says he won $2k/mo, in Reddit he starts by saying he got $17 K from his grandma. Of everything in this horror story, that's what stood out the most.

Things are inconsistent with STDH you say.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Khazar-khum posted:

Actually, I think they edited that part in their reddit post. The post says it was edited, and one of the responses explicitly refers to $2000/week:

this guy posted:

Woah woah woah dude, you're coming off a little crazy here. 2000 dollars a week and you still spend time outside of a bar or strip club?
I can't imagine why, though. Maybe they thought that people would try to track them down for money as $2k/week is a steady money stream, while $17k is a flat amount?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

2k a week is good money but it's not like "i'm so rich I can just throw it away" rich...unless you live with your parents and have no expenses, that is. It seems weird to edit a part of the story that isn't really that far-fetched. Scratch off lottery tickets that have even 5k a week for life (maximum of 20 years) do exist so it's not like he went over the top with that concept either.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

2k a week is good money but it's not like "i'm so rich I can just throw it away" rich...

Lol, wut?

$8k/mo. is loving baller money. The hell are you smoking? I have 2 full-time jobs and don't even clear $8k/mo.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Zipperelli. posted:

Lol, wut?

$8k/mo. is loving baller money. The hell are you smoking? I have 2 full-time jobs and don't even clear $8k/mo.

It depends where you live, and again how much expenses you have. You would be well off but when most people think of "rich" they don't think of sub-100k salaries. I made a little more than that (briefly) in zurich and I wasn't really living a "baller" lifestyle, just a comfortable one.

anyway my point wasn't that he was too poor to do what he said he did, it was that considering that what he originally posted was pretty reasonable, it's weird that he toned it down as if he stepped over a line into fantasy.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 14:37 on Dec 10, 2017

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

It depends where you live, and again how much expenses you have. You would be well off but when most people think of "rich" they don't think of sub-100k salaries. I made a little more than that (briefly) in zurich and I wasn't really living a "baller" lifestyle, just a comfortable one.

anyway my point wasn't that he was too poor to do what he said he did, it was that considering that what he originally posted was pretty reasonable, it's weird that he toned it down as if he stepped over a line into fantasy.

I can agree on the "where are you living?" making a difference. Here in Florida, loving $2k/week is insane. There are physicians that don't make that.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

That would literally quadruple my monthly income. Like sure it's not buy your own island rich but nowhere in this country would that not enable someone to just straight up stop working if they wanted.

It is super weird that he edited to 17k from his grandma or something because that is certainly not enough to live off of in most place, much less enough to shower a random streamer in money. That just made it even less believable.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Garrand posted:

It is super weird that he edited to 17k from his grandma or something because that is certainly not enough to live off of in most place, much less enough to shower a random streamer in money. That just made it even less believable.

If anyone would shower a female streamer with money thinking he was making it rain, it would be a spergy redditor in the hopes she’d fall in love with him and be his WoW wife

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Garrand posted:

It just wouldn't be STDH without blindly over-engineering the details.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

life is killing me posted:

If anyone would shower a female streamer with money thinking he was making it rain, it would be a spergy redditor in the hopes she’d fall in love with him and be his WoW wife

I can at least kind of see why people spend money on cam models (because they are at least getting a show that fulfills a sexual need), but doing it with twitch streamers with similar motivations is just sad since there will never ever be a payoff. Even guy streamers get the "please be my friend" desperate stalkers who think they can buy friends.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I can at least kind of see why people spend money on cam models (because they are at least getting a show that fulfills a sexual need), but doing it with twitch streamers with similar motivations is just sad since there will never ever be a payoff. Even guy streamers get the "please be my friend" desperate stalkers who think they can buy friends.

I'm assuming you mean spending a not insignificant portion of a person's income (which still would be weird to spend it on cam girls) and not just a few bucks a month seeing as how giving a person money doesn't mean they want to have sex with them.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Garrand posted:

I'm assuming you mean spending a not insignificant portion of a person's income (which still would be weird to spend it on cam girls) and not just a few bucks a month seeing as how giving a person money doesn't mean they want to have sex with them.

Yeah I meant donating a lot of money where your intent is to get the person to like you (romantically or otherwise) more than "i want to support what you are doing". It can be a fine line sometimes but usually it's pretty easy to see the distinction, like donating 10 bucks a month or something to a streamer you like is normal, donating 1000+ is typically not. There are probably some exceptions where wealthy people just want to show an extra amount of appreciation, but if you're like in the story where you just drop 500 bucks as some kind of introduction, it's almost definitely a weirdo trying to buy his way into your heart+pants.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah I meant donating a lot of money where your intent is to get the person to like you (romantically or otherwise) more than "i want to support what you are doing". It can be a fine line sometimes but usually it's pretty easy to see the distinction, like donating 10 bucks a month or something to a streamer you like is normal, donating 1000+ is typically not. There are probably some exceptions where wealthy people just want to show an extra amount of appreciation, but if you're like in the story where you just drop 500 bucks as some kind of introduction, it's almost definitely a weirdo trying to buy his way into your heart+pants.

Tangentially related: I was googling around because I know there's a couple people, obviously wealthy, who go around a drop a few hundred bucks on streams they like every now and then when I stumbled on some nice schaden

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/8q88pv/twitch-troll-donations-paypal

Some kid used his rich parents credit card to donate 50k to various streamers with the intent to charge it back after a month and after they probably have spent some of the cash. Paypal told him to go gently caress himself and let the streamers keep all the money.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
https://twitter.com/Nicole_Cliffe/status/940260800710656000

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

That kid's response totally reads like he just read a wiki article about lawsuits then barfed up a post.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Hahaha oh my god this is amazing.

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011

Just saw this poo poo in a newspaper (online) and when I got to the end my eyes rolled out of my head. And those eyes were called Albert Einstein and both of them applauded me for some reason.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

This is creepy on another level.

"hurr durr, I'm gonna take a picture of this random person so I can attach it to a made up racist story for those sweet, sweet, internet points!"

No thought whatsoever to backlash against that woman, had we been able to see her face. gently caress that fat piece of poo poo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
But what if it was real?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Or what if she was dismissive and legitimately drew his ire but then he sdth'ed that s up?

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011

kimbo305 posted:

Or what if she was dismissive and legitimately drew his ire but then he sdth'ed that s up?

Then they're both assholes.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

I really hate to be the "Well, actually..." guy, but, well, actually the part about getting a ruling in 11 days is totes believable if they agreed to arbitration.

Which they did not.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I followed Clients From Hell and For_Exposure.txt on Twitter for a few days because I stupidly thought it would be something like the Working in Corporate thread here on the forums, but it's 90% of this:

quote:

I am discussing my latest furry art commission with the client

Client: How about we work out the final details in my bedroom, and maybe there is some extra cash in it for you if you do stuff I like ;)

I am an asexual, so I have no concept of what the client just asked me

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Asexuality is the veganism of sexuality in that its a meme that they never shut up about it, but mostly is only true on the internet.

If she really had no concept of what he was asking then saying she is asexual is entirely random.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

If she really had no concept of what he was asking then saying she is asexual is entirely random.

I like to think that she sincerely did not know what he was talking about, she wanted to name a trait about herself, and she coincidentally picked one that was relevant. She may have just as likely said:

I am an atheist, so I have no concept of what the client just asked me

I am a golf enthusiast, so I have no concept of what the client just asked me

I am a stamp collector, so I have no concept of what the client just asked me

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Asexuality is the veganism of sexuality in that its a meme that they never shut up about it, but mostly is only true on the internet.

:confused: One presumes that she came to understand after the fact that he was asking for sex stuff, and her statement about being asexual is intended to explain why she didn't understand prior to the point at which he started doing sex stuff.
I know this is STDH, but that particular extract doesn't seem nonsensical or anything.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Asexual isn't the same thing as naïve.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Yes, asexual people have heard of sex, and should be aware that "in the bedroom" is a euphemism for sex.

I don't ride a motorcycle, but if someone in a Harley shirt told me about his "sick hawg" I wouldn't pretend to think he had a diseased pig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Garrand posted:

Some kid used his rich parents credit card to donate 50k to various streamers with the intent to charge it back after a month and after they probably have spent some of the cash. Paypal told him to go gently caress himself and let the streamers keep all the money.

Wow that was great. At least he wasn't super creepy about it. Hope his parents can afford it.