Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

I keep hearing that Griffin and Pat need to get together for a project but I've never gotten the feeling that the two like each other at all. They hardly interact and when they do it sounds like neither is really trying beyond courtesy.

Pat and Simone on the other hand, there is a strong dynamic that plays really well. This video rules.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

man it stinks when podcasts don't come out when they usually do.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017
Finally caught up and the latest Final Yahoo was kind of a bummer. A family member recently disappeared town the Flat Earth rabbit hole and "The Government is covering up the ancient race of giants who built our world" is a pretty common part of the mythology.

Given that it's Yahoo Answers, the odds are in favor of it just being another one of the trolls trolling trolls that make up a majority of the platform and not a True Believer, but still.

New Butt Order fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Dec 12, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TORONTO!!!!

LISTEN!!!!

E: I like when Justin peaks his mic right in my goddamn ear for a loving half a minute singing Immigrant Song badly.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Dec 12, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was loving writhing in my seat when they called on a guy with a sign, pleading for them to have learned their lesson.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Waffleman_ posted:

I was loving writhing in my seat when they called on a guy with a sign, pleading for them to have learned their lesson.

it was even worse sitting three rows away because there were like four of them and they couldn't coordinate who was going to talk since they were all wearing the same shirt but only one was holding the sign, and there's a bunch of their arguing that i don't think came through on the mic. it really exemplified the value of the dueling questions format.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
We were on the opposite row from them and holy gently caress it was awkward. I had no idea what they were promoting but apparently it's a University of Washington Huskies thing, because of course college bros have to ruin everything.

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 12, 2017

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

when my phone gave me a notification about MBMBaM and Toronto, and then it was just a gag from the episode, I was sad because I would like them to come to Toronto

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think new rule: No signs.

You're at a comedy show, not Wrestlemania.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
honestly griffin and the bros should just realize if the people didn't take the time to email them a question, it's going to be a bad question or a terrible bit. and as always, never involve your audience in a show, from audience questions to fan submitted songs.

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

So the Dog Pound people were college bros trying to promote their own poo poo and arguing with each other, but what was the furry question? I don't understand what the question asker was trying to say and it seemed to upset the McElroys?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

All she got out was that she had too many furries in her D&D game and the McElroys felt like she was trying to set them up.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Waffleman_ posted:

All she got out was that she had too many furries in her D&D game and the McElroys felt like she was trying to set them up.

And it is, at its core, a bummer question. "How do I become more exclusive and unaccepting to my friend's lifestyle?" I don't think they'll ever answer that question.

That said, I laughed more at this live episode than I have in a long time at the brothers.

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

So they thought she was trying to trick them into saying something offensive? Or was she just being an rear end in a top hat and saying "I don't like that some of my friends are furries" in which case, what is someone like that doing at a McElroys live show? Either way, I guess that's another good example of why they had to start to crack down on live questions.

I thought the show was really hilarious otherwise. Some of the jokes really hit it out of the park!

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think audience questions add anything to the show. The past few times when they said they were moving to audience questions I thought, "Oh, here we go. :rolleyes:"

I'd be much happier with more Yahoo's or another bit.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The Berzerker posted:

when my phone gave me a notification about MBMBaM and Toronto, and then it was just a gag from the episode, I was sad because I would like them to come to Toronto

I felt the opposite. When I saw the name of the episode I was worried they had gone to Toronto and I'd somehow missed it when in reality I'd be at that show in a second, then I was glad it was a goof.

Still would be nice if they came to Ontario somewhere though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cartoon Violence posted:

So they thought she was trying to trick them into saying something offensive? Or was she just being an rear end in a top hat and saying "I don't like that some of my friends are furries" in which case, what is someone like that doing at a McElroys live show? Either way, I guess that's another good example of why they had to start to crack down on live questions.

I thought the show was really hilarious otherwise. Some of the jokes really hit it out of the park!

I think it was just like 'what the gently caress do you want us to say kick the furries out?'

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Waffleman_ posted:

I think new rule: No signs.

You're at a comedy show, not Wrestlemania.

Counter-argument: Permit only one sign.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
So was the question that there are people who in real life identify as furries in the D&D group, that there are players playing anthropomorphic characters in the D&D group, or both? Because only the middle question is not a bummer and could lead to some goofs. Joking about different animals and fantasy beasts and whether they would make a good cleric or ranger or whatever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

She didn't get that far to be sure. Also the second is still kind of a lovely question. If you're running the game, then you should have vetoed it at the beginning when they made the characters if it bothered you. If you're not running the game, the GM was obviously fine with it, so it's really just your problem.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
if you don't like playing dnd as a big gnoll rear end in a top hat with huge str who trips and grapples everyone and then laughs at them you're no fun

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I'm a 10th level pony berserker.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Ojjeorago posted:

I'm a 10th level pony berserker.

Most animals are kinda berserkers already.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Only if you make direct eye contact

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

creationist believer posted:

So was the question that there are people who in real life identify as furries in the D&D group, that there are players playing anthropomorphic characters in the D&D group, or both? Because only the middle question is not a bummer and could lead to some goofs. Joking about different animals and fantasy beasts and whether they would make a good cleric or ranger or whatever.

They have in-game furries roles in DnD, they're called druids.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Or Aaroka or Shifters or Kenku or.:.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

my group's furry is a dragonborn

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I like to try out different furry races in my games. It's fun to mess around with.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Okay now I'm confused, are we talking about furries as a moniker for any anthropomorphic DnD race with fur rather than hair or furries as in people that pretend they're animals. I thought they were referring to the latter.

I don't know much about DnD other than TAZ and I'm not making some obscure goof.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

um excuse me posted:

Okay now I'm confused, are we talking about furries as a moniker for any anthropomorphic DnD race with fur rather than hair or furries as in people that pretend they're animals.

Yes

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

the time for getting the brothers to go against furries ended way back when they told some guy living with his parents that it was okay to spend $1000+ on a fursuit

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Ariong posted:

Most animals are kinda berserkers already.

:captainpop:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The brothers were previously on record as being against furries, but a push towards "chase your bliss" and "don't yuck any yums" made them at least tolerate them, and also stop directly insulting them.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
They only thing I wanna yuck is the phrase yuk my yum. It sounds wicked gross and creepily infantile.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Yeah, I don't like it, but it's the phrase they use, and it's less to type than "criticize someone's fetishes".

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Kink shame works for most, but I know it's what they use so I hear ya

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Also 'yuck your yums' can be used for non sexual activity while 'kink' and all tends to imply that.

It's a yuck phrase in itself though yea.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
This phrasing was solved years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO3Gb5mkwTc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Looks like we got a bunch of yum-yuckers here.