Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Catalina posted:

Huh, even after 1500 hours, I'm still bad at this game learning the intricacies. I'm not really sure what went wrong, then. I was going to give my son Socotra (an island off of Africa and south of the Arabian Peninsula). De Jure it's part of the Titular Duchy of Socotra, but in-game in a practical way, it's part of the Emirate of Taizz (a Duchy in the Southwest Arabian Peninsula). I'm so used to the menu and going by feedback on what county is lit up, I didn't even think to check off-map when I hit the Duchy that Socotra belonged to. This is Ironman, so I guess that son is my chosen heir, now...

Sometimes the game gets a bit weird about what counties are considered part of your "primary" duchy if you control a kingdom and a bunch of counties that are outside of any duchies you personally control. They aren't de jure under that title, but because you technically don't have any other titles they CAN be under, the game considers them to just be under your "main" duchy. So if you try to give that away with the "include all lower titles" option, you may find yourself accidentally giving away a bunch of extra territory you didn't mean to. If you don't personally control the duchy your capital county is in (which would become your "primary" duchy by default) then it's kind of arbitrary which one the game considers to be your primary. It also gets a little weird with titular duchies since they don't have any de jure territory at all - the game sometimes interprets this as "oh that'd be a good place to dump all these loose counties" (I think this might date back to the old "tribal" titles that used to exist before Horse Lords that were used to represent nomad realms)

Honky Dong Country posted:

I like it for custom empires, which admittedly I don't use often. But I do like how when I did a big Jewish run I got the Kingdom of Israel and then made the custom Empire of Israel and eventually had stuff become de jure territory of that empire. It was cool.

Yeah, you really need de jure drift to be a thing if you're using custom kingdoms/empires - although one thing to bear in mind is that the kingdom of Jerusalem is specifically exempted from de jure drift (both as being able to pick up new duchies through de jure drift, or losing duchies to other kingdoms through de jure drift), which is kind of annoying when you form the kingdom of Israel and find out oh, none of your primary territory will ever actually be considered de jure part of your kingdom.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah, you really need de jure drift to be a thing if you're using custom kingdoms/empires - although one thing to bear in mind is that the kingdom of Jerusalem is specifically exempted from de jure drift (both as being able to pick up new duchies through de jure drift, or losing duchies to other kingdoms through de jure drift), which is kind of annoying when you form the kingdom of Israel and find out oh, none of your primary territory will ever actually be considered de jure part of your kingdom.

I don't think that's true. I've had Jerusalem become a de jure part of Britannia doing an English run and the Kingdom of Israel become a de jure part of my custom Empire of Israel. In the case of Israel if I remember right when you form it the title replaces Jerusalem and its duchies default to de jure Israel. Can't remember for sure on that though. But I've definitely seen the whole of Israel drift into my custom empire as the kingdom of Israel.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Dec 12, 2017

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

No Pants posted:

Nah, it only affects duchies going into kingdoms and kingdoms going into empires. That's why power gamers make a big deal out of duchies that have six counties.

This is one of the things I miss about the pre-Jade-Dragon map. Lahore was 7 counties and 35 holdings total.
For reference the Create Custom Kingdom decision requires 3 duchies or 35 holdings.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Honky Dong Country posted:

I don't think that's true. I've had Jerusalem become a de jure part of Britannia doing an English run and the Kingdom of Israel become a de jure part of my custom Empire of Israel. In the case of Israel if I remember right when you form it the title replaces Jerusalem and its duchies default to de jure Israel. Can't remember for sure on that though. But I've definitely seen the whole of Israel drift into my custom empire as the kingdom of Israel.

If I recall correctly, no duchies may drift out of Jerusalem, and no duchies may drift into Jerusalem. That makes it so the Fatimids don't assimilate Jerusalem in the 1066 start (and so remove the main historical target for crusades), but it still allows the kingdom to drift into different empires.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Torrannor posted:

If I recall correctly, no duchies may drift out of Jerusalem, and no duchies may drift into Jerusalem. That makes it so the Fatimids don't assimilate Jerusalem in the 1066 start (and so remove the main historical target for crusades), but it still allows the kingdom to drift into different empires.

Ah that makes sense. Also I don't mind that. I actually wish I could set de jure drift to kingdom only. I take great pains in empire management and fight several revolts to keep my vassal kings from stealing duchies from each other.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Dec 12, 2017

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Is there a way to make sure the AI forms the HRE? My liege right now is the king of Bavaria, Burgundy, Italy, and Lotharingia, and somehow his current heir is the king of East Frisia, and want to know if it's worth stabbing my liege or if I'll just be creating a more powerful realm that'll be harder to expand within.

I've been toiling away going from count to duke to superduke, and by now I've probably got almost half of Italy under my control, but the remaining vassals are too powerful to challenge for now. I even fabricated a claim on the kingdom of Italy itself, but for some reason I can't make a faction to press it (maybe because my ruler's a woman?).

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
I recently started a new large MP game (11 players), with some houserules/mods to help it last through Eu4 and still be interesting there. One of the rules is that you aren't allowed to assassinate other players, unless they are your liege and a tyrant or they are immortal and over 100 years old.

The first session was the expected mess of setup and a few restarts to get through the first ten years or so, but in the second session one of the players became Immortal. He's playing a small Irish republic, and this was about 20 years into the game total. He's also a fairly inexperienced player overall, and naturally gets really excited at getting a legitimate immortal so early in the game. As he is laying plans for an immortal god-doge of Ireland, he suddenly announces that he died of assassination, dying relatively young even for a non-immortal character. One of the other Patrician houses was headed by a lunatic paranoid man who decided to murder the doge.

With 11 players, I'm sure we'll get another immortal character at some point in the next 600ish years, but they will have to work hard to be more memorable than the five minute god of Ireland.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
So technology spread rate. I'm kinda unsure how it works, is it:

Place council member in a county with low tech to make tech spread there and reach the tech level of my capital?
or
Place council member in county with highest tech to make it spread to nearby counties?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Dongattack posted:

Place council member in a county with low tech to make tech spread there and reach the tech level of my capital?
This. Also multiplies tech spread from spymaster steal tech (to your capital) so thats an option too.

You can see the tooltip for tech spread by hovering over the 3 numbers under the main holding picture in the county tab.
Basically tech spreads based on neighboring counties, demesne counties, counties you have trade posts in (only really affects merchant republics), and the county you have your spymaster parked in (only goes to your capital)

lurksion fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 13, 2017

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
So coming from EU4, I think I've got the basics of the game down but I have a few questions.

Staying on brand, I'm playing as Venice and I did a 700s start, so I only have the island itself in my territory. I read some advice online and spent the first 50-odd years building up my income and trade posts, so I have 9 posts, all upgraded with the tax upgrade, and a level 4 palace. I'm now working on building retinue, and have about 1500 troops (and counting.) My monthly income fluctuates between ~25 and 30 ducats, and I've bought my heirs into every election except the first one.

A few questions:

- Do you only pay maintenance to retinues as they're gaining troops? That seems to be the case.
- What's the right mix of troops in your armies, if you want to go conquer some territory?
- If I'm going to start conquering counties by sea, will I need a nice big transport fleet too? What's the quickest way to build one?
- There are a few Dalmatian counties that are in revolt, so they're currently part of no realm except their own. Is there any penalty to fabricating a claim on them and snatching them up?
- Is there a trick to getting heirs with good stats?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Peas and Rice posted:

So coming from EU4, I think I've got the basics of the game down but I have a few questions.

Staying on brand, I'm playing as Venice and I did a 700s start, so I only have the island itself in my territory. I read some advice online and spent the first 50-odd years building up my income and trade posts, so I have 9 posts, all upgraded with the tax upgrade, and a level 4 palace. I'm now working on building retinue, and have about 1500 troops (and counting.) My monthly income fluctuates between ~25 and 30 ducats, and I've bought my heirs into every election except the first one.

A few questions:

- Do you only pay maintenance to retinues as they're gaining troops? That seems to be the case.
- What's the right mix of troops in your armies, if you want to go conquer some territory?
- If I'm going to start conquering counties by sea, will I need a nice big transport fleet too? What's the quickest way to build one?
- There are a few Dalmatian counties that are in revolt, so they're currently part of no realm except their own. Is there any penalty to fabricating a claim on them and snatching them up?
- Is there a trick to getting heirs with good stats?

You pay a little bit of upkeep for retinues even if they are "full", but replenishing troops is much more expensive and will make up the lion share of retinue costs.

Playing as Venice, your cultural retinue with Italian commanders will be the most powerful for battles, which is the only thing that matters. Don't try to optimize armies for sieges, just keep commanders with the siege leader trait around if you have any. Three of the four most powerful armies are some form of pikes with cultural commanders that boost pike armies (Scottish, Dutch or Italian), so congrats on playing a culture that has access to the fourth most powerful army composition. Read more here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/comprehensive-retinue-comparisons-for-horse-lords-2-4-x.872371/

You can raise ships automatically if you built the right buildings, just like you can raise your levies automatically depending on the barracks etc. you built. Coming from EUIV, you do know that standing armies are the exception, and that most of your strength comes from levies? It's a bit different for merchant republics, which actually can gain most of their power from standing armies, i.e. retinues. But even so, you can raise a big number of troops from your family palace, and likely from Venice as well. By the way, I hope you murdered the holder of the castle in Venice to inherit it. In any case, you raise ships like you raise troops, and merchant republics usually have a large number of ships, more than enough to carry all the troops you might have. One ship can carry 100 soldiers.

There's no penalty to fabricating a claim on the counties (except for the high costs in prestige and gold especially, a certain share of your yearly income, which can be really painful as a merchant republic), but forging claims usually has a high MTTH, so by the time you get the claim, the counties might be under Croatian/Byzantine control again.

Educate heirs yourself, and don't forget that you can make promising young guys your heir by giving them the "designated heir" title,. It's usually worth it, even if you have to pay much more to swing the election in their favor. In a big dynasty, going by usual seniority rules means one old dude follows the other, giving you very short reigns which has all sorts of negative consequences.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Dongattack posted:

So technology spread rate. I'm kinda unsure how it works, is it:

Place council member in county with highest tech to make it spread to nearby counties?

It's this.

Technology spreads between provinces that border each other, as well as between provinces in the demesne of the same ruler even if they do not border each other. The rate of growth depends on the degree of the technology lead in the more advanced province. 

By having one really advanced province you increase the rate technology spreads to the rest of you demesne, so just cram everyone into your capital.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Awesome, thank you! I get that levies are the best source for troops, but I can still only raise levies for like... 600 troops at a time, and when I see armies of 5000-6000 tromping around Italy, it makes me think I'm not gonna get very far with this whole conquest thing.

Maybe I'm just grooming my heirs wrong, but my 20-year-old kids have like.. maximum of 10 in a single stat, while my old men are all like 18-20, so I've been pushing the old men into Doge-ship. Is it more worth my while to elect a kid with lower stats and build them over time?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
How important is it to build and upgrade hospitals before the black death rolls around?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

McGavin posted:

It's this.

Technology spreads between provinces that border each other, as well as between provinces in the demesne of the same ruler even if they do not border each other. The rate of growth depends on the degree of the technology lead in the more advanced province. 

By having one really advanced province you increase the rate technology spreads to the rest of you demesne, so just cram everyone into your capital.
The final idea you have is correct - get the highest tech in one county so it spreads to the rest (slowly). But your idea doesn't work, because your capital will have the highest tech score, and so will have no passive tech spread to it, and so your council member action is multiplying nothing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is there really any point to the Cultural techs besides Legalism and Tolerance? I mean I guess Majesty is alright if you really want to shave a few months off a new ruler penalty.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Funky Valentine posted:

Is there really any point to the Cultural techs besides Legalism and Tolerance? I mean I guess Majesty is alright if you really want to shave a few months off a new ruler penalty.

I think they changed Imperial Administration to require Majesty now? At least it said that in my Tibet game.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Funky Valentine posted:

You need Majesty 5 to pass Imperial Administration. Otherwise no, they're basically just fractional bonuses.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Peas and Rice posted:

Awesome, thank you! I get that levies are the best source for troops, but I can still only raise levies for like... 600 troops at a time, and when I see armies of 5000-6000 tromping around Italy, it makes me think I'm not gonna get very far with this whole conquest thing.

Maybe I'm just grooming my heirs wrong, but my 20-year-old kids have like.. maximum of 10 in a single stat, while my old men are all like 18-20, so I've been pushing the old men into Doge-ship. Is it more worth my while to elect a kid with lower stats and build them over time?

The only penalty I'm aware of for short reigns is negative vassal opinion which if you only control the city of Venice and have no important vassals isn't something you need to worry about. It isn't something you need to worry too much about even if you do have more vassals to be honest. Also male dynasty members in your court receive an income as a merchant republic so by the time they hit 50+ they may have hundreds or even thousands of gold that will go back into your coffers when they become the head of your dynasty so there's that to consider too. If you get a genius with exceptional stats or something though you'll probably want to move him to the front of the line, or if you have an imbecile, pox ridden old man you may want to skip him. The number of trade posts you can have is directly related to the number of adult males in your court so get everyone married, matrilinearlly marry daughters you don't need for alliances, and consider the seduction focus.

If you need more men to conquer something you have your eyes on you can always hire mercenaries, especially if you're a merchant republic.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Peas and Rice posted:

Merchant republics like Venice get smaller levies than feudal rulers. The trade-off, though, is that a Doge makes a lot more money than Dukes or Kings of equivalent power do, and get bigger retinues too if I remember right. As a Doge, your main source of troops is going to be retinues and mercenaries. It's more expensive than the equivalent amount of levies, but as a patrician, you've got plenty of money to burn.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Torrannor posted:

You pay a little bit of upkeep for retinues even if they are "full", but replenishing troops is much more expensive and will make up the lion share of retinue costs.

Playing as Venice, your cultural retinue with Italian commanders will be the most powerful for battles, which is the only thing that matters. Don't try to optimize armies for sieges, just keep commanders with the siege leader trait around if you have any. Three of the four most powerful armies are some form of pikes with cultural commanders that boost pike armies (Scottish, Dutch or Italian), so congrats on playing a culture that has access to the fourth most powerful army composition. Read more here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/comprehensive-retinue-comparisons-for-horse-lords-2-4-x.872371/
Retinues and tactics keep changing through the patches. Doesn't change the pikeman being top tier though. This was the last I found, but still slightly out of date.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/retinues-in-2-5-2-practical-tests-and-results.941226/

Think reddit also has some posts.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Dongattack posted:

How important is it to build and upgrade hospitals before the black death rolls around?

It depends. The Black Death is good at thinning out your family, so if you've got a sizeable realm, you may decide you've got enough blood in the bank (so to speak) to just ride it out.
Sure, you'll lose a couple of dozen family members (I think I lost something like 8 rulers during one wave) but there'll be some dude locked in a cupboard somewhere who'll survive.
Try to get your retinues up, mind you. Levy numbers plummet during and after the plague, and with new rulers everywhere, you'll find that factions start appearing like mass graves. A decent stack of retinues will keep most factions at bay long enough for your own levies to replenish a little.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Kaza42 posted:

As he is laying plans for an immortal god-doge of Ireland, he suddenly announces that he died of assassination, dying relatively young even for a non-immortal character. One of the other Patrician houses was headed by a lunatic paranoid man who decided to murder the doge.

Every immortal I have had dies with-in a year or two due to assassination. There has to be a increase assassination chance as even well liked rulers get targeted fast.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Did JD change something about Black Death or is it perhaps bugged? In my most recent game, it occured in one province bordering with China on the edge of the map and then... nothing. Few hundred years later one of my rulers contracted Black Death out of nowhere (there were no epidemics anywhere) and then his physician cured him by gouging out one his eyes and that was it.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Also male dynasty members in your court receive an income as a merchant republic so by the time they hit 50+ they may have hundreds or even thousands of gold that will go back into your coffers when they become the head of your dynasty so there's that to consider too.

Ahh, that explains where that money was coming from!

One other quick question: can I plot to kill more than one person at a time?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Peas and Rice posted:

Ahh, that explains where that money was coming from!

One other quick question: can I plot to kill more than one person at a time?

Sorry, only one plot per plotter.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Technowolf posted:

Sorry, only one plot per plotter.

It's always your main character who's the plotter though right? (If I go to a character's screen and click "plot to kill," it always says it's my main character who wants them dead).

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

After a couple failed attempts, I've finally got a good run of Nefoud>Arabia going, and I've even become Shia Caliph. The whole point of my run was to work towards forming a merchant republic, and I'm not really sure how to make that happen. I was hoping that I could just move my capital onto the silk road to get things going, but nope. My capital's in Mecca now and the decision says that my capital needs to have a port. It's gonna be 500 months before I can move my capital again, is there any faster way to become a merchant republic?

Most of my vassals are Iqta by now, and I feel like the amount of troops I can call is really lagging behind compared to the Abbasids and Safavids that are looming to either side of me, and there's only so much sowing discontent I can do before they'll start bringing down the hammer.

Peas and Rice posted:

It's always your main character who's the plotter though right? (If I go to a character's screen and click "plot to kill," it always says it's my main character who wants them dead).

You only control the one character. You can arrange marriages of people in your court, but even your immediate family will go and do their own thing. They might even plot to kill you, but you can tell them to end the plot.

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 14, 2017

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
So I took over Zara. What do I do now to fully integrate it into my glorious Stato del Mar?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

So - my king died, and my first son became the new king. My old king had a claim to a patch of land, but it went to the second son.

.... Why does this mean my first son can imprison and revoke the title from his brother without seeming tyrannical? :psyduck:

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Peas and Rice posted:

So I took over Zara. What do I do now to fully integrate it into my glorious Stato del Mar?

Not really sure what you mean. If you won a war for it, it already is. If someone else still holds it and you want it yourself merchant republics can't revoke titles without reason so either wait for the holder to inevitably gently caress up and give you a reason or get to assassinating. If there are no more heirs for a holding it'll go to the liege.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Peas and Rice posted:

Once you have the title to the county, that's it. It's yours. You can send a councilor to convert it to your religion if you want, but that's about it. It may at some point randomly shift its culture too. With republics there's also weird things where if you're conquering counties, you might have to either change its county holding type to a city or just create a feudal vassal to rule the county for you, because there are penalties to having the wrong holding type, but I'm not sure how much. It'll have a new administration penalty for a little while too.

Aside from that, it's just a part of your realm like any other. There's no cores or anything. You can also use your money to improve your holdings by clicking on their picture, and with merchant republics, the most important holdings aren't even necessarily the ones on the realms map. There's your patrician manor thing, and then there's trading posts, which you only have a severely limited amount of in early starts.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

StrixNebulosa posted:

So - my king died, and my first son became the new king. My old king had a claim to a patch of land, but it went to the second son.

.... Why does this mean my first son can imprison and revoke the title from his brother without seeming tyrannical? :psyduck:

If you have a claim on any of your vassals' titles, you can revoke it without tyranny - after all, it's "supposed to be yours" (and if your brother disagrees, well, he'd better hope he has a bigger army than you do).

I'm pretty sure that this includes claims on land your predecessor held but Gavelkind inheritance gave to your siblings or whoever.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Just had a horrible Great Holy War that i need to vent about to sleep tonight.

I fought for at least 4-5 years back and forth trying to take Finland in the great holy war for, well, Finland. For some reason i had to take the non de jure counties in this version of Finland for the ticker to go in my favour. These counties were literally the alps, thank god i could go down there via the river. Finally i reach 100% after years, 10k stack after 10k stack, my vassals hate me, i hate me, and my longboats are screaming "nooo moooore" and i win.

Instead of getting the de jure counties that make up Finland i get ONE COUNTY :negative:

There was so much fuckery going on in that war with multiple wars popping off and all kinds of border gore i have no idea what happened. But i cleared my palate with another quick holy war that went according to plan.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Dallan Invictus posted:

If you have a claim on any of your vassals' titles, you can revoke it without tyranny - after all, it's "supposed to be yours" (and if your brother disagrees, well, he'd better hope he has a bigger army than you do).

I'm pretty sure that this includes claims on land your predecessor held but Gavelkind inheritance gave to your siblings or whoever.

Oh. I. Huh.

That makes sense even if it also makes no sense whatsoever because what's the point of sharing titles if the heir can just gather them back instantly. :psyduck:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It sounds horrible, and it's historical too. A lot of brothers upon inheriting a split realm went and fought eachother for the bits. There's even cases of newly ascended monarchs straight-up having their brothers executed just to head off potential plots.

I'm sometimes a big ol' softy in this game and get cold feet about some of the less moral things you might have to do, so that one story I told where I left one of my brothers alive to inherit because my dumb gay wife wouldn't bare me any children was practically heartwarming.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
The current ruler of the Byzantine Empire is Basilissa Anna the Mutilator.

This is the best game ever.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

It sounds horrible, and it's historical too. A lot of brothers upon inheriting a split realm went and fought eachother for the bits. There's even cases of newly ascended monarchs straight-up having their brothers executed just to head off potential plots.

I'm sometimes a big ol' softy in this game and get cold feet about some of the less moral things you might have to do, so that one story I told where I left one of my brothers alive to inherit because my dumb gay wife wouldn't bare me any children was practically heartwarming.

I freely admit that the fact that every ridiculous story out of this game is 100% historical just makes this game so much better. Of Course everyone murders their siblings upon becoming king, of course. Humans are so dumb and incredible.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
bin salman in saudi arabia literally a few weeks ago purged a bunch of people including members of the royal family by saying "ya they were corrupt". has been happening for thousands of years and seemingly will keep happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

All healthy trees are pruned, family, bonsai, whatever.

• Locked thread