Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

SamEyeAm posted:

I am a lazy gently caress. Is there a XBox thread for this?

Not that I know of. You could make one to keep the complaining separate between systems. I’ll prob make a new OP for 1.0 PC release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

GreatGreen posted:

I just bought this game a few days ago and there are things I really, really love and things I really, really don't. Stalking around the wilderness using what you find is amazing. Going from a dude in underwear to a fully decked-out Mad Max villain with a cool facemask and trench coat with an army backpack and guns hanging everywhere never gets old, but in this category of game popularity, have never seen anything come close to being as janky, Bethesda games included. Wow.

Also jesus christ the inventory management is complete horseshit. Why are items on the ground shown on the left side of the screen? Why aren't they closer to the center of the screen where your mouse rests? Why do you have to physically drag the goddamn things over to your inventory instead of just clicking on it? If I want to remove a gun attachment but keep it in my inventory, why do I have to drop it on the ground then pick it back up again? Why isn't ammo grouped with its corresponding gun in my inventory?

Right click the items on the ground. Drag the gun attachment to the inventory. You can also drag it to another gun in your inventory. Good if you (for example) only have one rifle compensator and you’re going from long distance to close range. Not sure if you can right-click on the gun attachment to remove it from the gun, that would be nice.

Also if you only have one gun the attachment goes on you can safely right-click on the attachment and it goes on. You can do that even if there isn’t just one, but it might decide to put it on the wrong one. If you’re wondering why your rifle doesn’t have the red dot, it’s because it’s on your pistol.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I don't think the xbox version is ready :thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdGBwrJ6rtI

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

repiv posted:

It's E-sports ready, dude. :widowsnypa:

Edit: that whole video is :downsgun:

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Dec 13, 2017

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

repiv posted:

I love crowbcat. Also shocked at how loving terrible it looks.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

XBone Pubg Weapons Tierlist

God Tier
Shotguns

High Tier
Melee Weapons
Fists

Low Tier
Rifles
SMGs
Pistols

Total Garbage Tier
Snipers

Actual Suicide Tier
Vehicles

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

I just bought this game a few days ago and there are things I really, really love and things I really, really don't. Stalking around the wilderness using what you find is amazing. Going from a dude in underwear to a fully decked-out Mad Max villain with a cool facemask and trench coat with an army backpack and guns hanging everywhere never gets old, but in this category of game popularity, have never seen anything come close to being as janky, Bethesda games included. Wow.

Also jesus christ the inventory management is complete horseshit. Why are items on the ground shown on the left side of the screen? Why aren't they closer to the center of the screen where your mouse rests? Why do you have to physically drag the goddamn things over to your inventory instead of just clicking on it? If I want to remove a gun attachment but keep it in my inventory, why do I have to drop it on the ground then pick it back up again? Why isn't ammo grouped with its corresponding gun in my inventory?

Attachments don't take up inventory space when they're on a gun, so if you fill your inventory while one is on a gun, it won't fit back in your inventory when you take it off. That's why you have to drop it on the ground first.

Why do you need/want ammo grouped with a gun in the inventory? You shouldn't be carrying around unequipped guns.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I didn't know you could carry extra guns.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Slim Mat posted:

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Was it the pseudo-commentating at the beginning you found helpful or just general comments throughout all the games? My original intent was to create somewhat compelling videos of whole matches because that's what I enjoy, but after reading your replies I realize that there isn't a whole lot out there on tactical play. You can find tutorials or tips on every aspect of the game, but learning to read the play and make the right moves is less accessible it seems. I think I might try some dedicated clips where I/we live comment on what we are doing and why.

I find watching people play video games is really not my thing and prefer more narrative to my entertainment, which is why I've modeled my clips similar to the way JackFrags does. His videos of full matches are something I enjoy because Battlegrounds is captivating, but also watching him/his team fight is interesting. They are almost like an episode of some tv show. Highlight reels are already done by a lot of other people and dearsomeone has clips sent in from all over, so they are always going to be way better than whatever mediocre stunt I pulled this week.

Let me know if there is anything in particular you would like me to cover in a commentated video and I'll try to play some matches to illustrate it.

In mean time - rockybar and I have been trying for a couple of weeks to get a win together and here are the results:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfLT0OTGpEs

For me it's mostly just hearing thought processes as you go. It may be kinda weird but I really enjoy it when people doing videos basically just talk to themselves about what they're doing and why.

Agreed on more narrative in gameplay videos - even when it comes to streamers who have a really strong stream presence and persona and stuff, I'd much rather hear them talk about what's going on around them and just hear their basic thought process than what amounts to color commentary.

I can't think of anything in particular to cover, I mostly just like watching good players play and hearing them talk about what they're doing, myself.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmokyFunnyBaconShadyLulu

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Shouldn't have finished off the downed guy :o:

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY

GreatGreen posted:

Right click to pick up, right click to remove attachments and place in inventory, ammo used by different guns.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Parallel Playa posted:

I do it any way just in case I lose the fight.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Slim Mat posted:

It must be me then, since based on my equally anecdotal evidence, I've won a stack of matches on OC. Solos, duos and squads. Hell, even a two-man squad match or two.

There definitely are some hackers, but calm down.

I don't think video evidence is the same as anecdotal dog

We had won a stack of games towards the end of last season and ended up rank 500 or something. Since the reset we've won a couple but it's just gotten progressively worse in the last week or so.

I had even more clips but they didn't turn out as good as they got cut off so they appeared ambiguous. 7/8 of the last games I've played we've all died to hackers

I wish it wasn't this way because goddamn do I love me some pubg but shits rough out there

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

John DiFool posted:

Just saw a hacker in the test servers. Landed and then a guy with an AK gets 5+ headshot kills in a row, in the space of a few seconds.

Performance on test build is so much better. Rarely dips below 60 for me.

There is a thing where you wait on the plane until it kicks you out - along with all the afk players. If you're lucky you can pick up a gun and take them out before someone else does the same thing. He might have gotten lucky. I've seen it mostly on the Asian test server.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Parallel Playa posted:

Don't be a chump, finish the job.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

abigserve posted:

We had won a stack of games towards the end of last season and ended up rank 500 or something. Since the reset we've won a couple but it's just gotten progressively worse in the last week or so.

I had even more clips but they didn't turn out as good as they got cut off so they appeared ambiguous. 7/8 of the last games I've played we've all died to hackers

I wish it wasn't this way because goddamn do I love me some pubg but shits rough out there

Yo bro your videos are mad inconclusive, homie. Would love to see even more clips of you ambiguously getting owned. Stop the presses and send the tweets, we gottem ALL ON VIDEO.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

abigserve posted:

Video evidence is a bit of a stretch, lol. Only the third one seems particularly fishy. Especially the first one is weird to me: you call hacks as soon as a dude comes out from behind a tree in 3PP and burst fires you in the head from 40m away?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I just had someone with a shotgun sprint out in front of me, teleport backwards behind a wall, then kill me through the wall. Lag wizards are very frustrating to fight

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

willroc7 posted:

Yo bro your videos are mad inconclusive, homie. Would love to see even more clips of you ambiguously getting owned. Stop the presses and send the tweets, we gottem ALL ON VIDEO.

Parallel Playa posted:

Video evidence is a bit of a stretch, lol. Only the third one seems particularly fishy. Especially the first one is weird to me: you call hacks as soon as a dude comes out from behind a tree in 3PP and burst fires you in the head from 40m away?

Are you guys for real

The first one: the guy headshots me down - fair
Headshots my squadmate, eh, fair probably
headshots me on the stairs, then looks through the stairs at my other squadmate who had pulled a kobe - bullshit

The second one, the guy is full auto spraying us near the bridge, all headshots, while he's up on the mountain. The last kill in that video he gets while on the back of a loving buggy coming down the mountain.

Third one: Looks like speedhacking to me but it may just be some real bad server lag I'll admit

Fourth one: I mean come on he drills me through a tiny gap then drills my squadmate and another guy in like the same second

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

abigserve posted:

Are you guys for real

The first one: the guy headshots me down - fair
Headshots my squadmate, eh, fair probably
headshots me on the stairs, then looks through the stairs at my other squadmate who had pulled a kobe - bullshit

The second one, the guy is full auto spraying us near the bridge, all headshots, while he's up on the mountain. The last kill in that video he gets while on the back of a loving buggy coming down the mountain.

Third one: Looks like speedhacking to me but it may just be some real bad server lag I'll admit

Fourth one: I mean come on he drills me through a tiny gap then drills my squadmate and another guy in like the same second

You realise the first guy is playing 3PP as well, right? He sees your friend run up the stairs and does what he should; he looks up in such a way that he has the most cover, is able to keep an eye on you and can see your friend at the earliest opportunity. He obviously heard your friend pausing halfway up the stairs, too.

Second guy: a good shot but the dude who got shot first was lying prone on a rooftop, hardly anything fishy there, and the rest of the video is unclear. He has an AWM so who knows, he might have a 15x too. At least those first two knocks would have been fairly simple if he did. Anyway, the most egregious poo poo that's supposed to have happened here isn't even in the video. (What I do find strange though is the bullets landing on the railing of the stairs without the windows breaking at 2:03, but I wouldn't know if that's cheats).

Third one: actually seems fishy to me as I've never seen lag work like that, but even on NA I only get as high as 100ms. Might be lag, but it does look like speedhacks.

Fourth clip: you had no vest and got 'terped. Your friend got shot when he jumped off a balcony towards your corpse. Those two kills were legit. Who knows what happened with the last guy, but "killed two guys in quick succession" definitely doesn't make for cheats.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
In the first clip I thought the dude you were shooting at spun and insta headshot you because I didn't even notice his friend calmly step out from behind a tree and take his time to line up a headshot. That was seriously a completely clean and fair kill and you immediately call him a hacker

Kinda throws your credibility under the bus

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 13, 2017

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Tactics question:

I have a really bad tendency to spoil good seeming ambushes. A couple games ago I snuck up on a firefight between two people, let one kill the other, and then waited around with a good shot on the body for the dude to come loot. He never did, so I tried to scoot around to get a flank on him and instead got jumped because he saw where I was going and set a good trap. I feel like he knew I was camping the drat body even though I never had line of sight to him the entire time he was actively fighting the other person, I just knew where he was based on his gunfire. Any advice on how to not have this consistently happen? I feel like I never actually get good ambushes, I just get caught in ambushes, despite trying to consistently play corners and look around with freelook in 3PP and check my back constantly in 1PP

I feel like every time I try to emulate good ambush scenarios I see, people just refuse to put their foot in the bear trap. Both tactically and strategically - I'll drop Milbase, get out early, and camp the good bridge exit and see 0 people as blue circle closes, consistently. Just poo poo like that, every time I post up in a spot that's like "okay the plane was there, this is a good path to the new circle and I know there were just a dozen people in South George who will be coming around this mountain to get South" I see gently caress all.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Magres posted:

Tactics question:

I have a really bad tendency to spoil good seeming ambushes. A couple games ago I snuck up on a firefight between two people, let one kill the other, and then waited around with a good shot on the body for the dude to come loot. He never did, so I tried to scoot around to get a flank on him and instead got jumped because he saw where I was going and set a good trap. I feel like he knew I was camping the drat body even though I never had line of sight to him the entire time he was actively fighting the other person, I just knew where he was based on his gunfire. Any advice on how to not have this consistently happen? I feel like I never actually get good ambushes, I just get caught in ambushes, despite trying to consistently play corners and look around with freelook in 3PP and check my back constantly in 1PP

I feel like every time I try to emulate good ambush scenarios I see, people just refuse to put their foot in the bear trap. Both tactically and strategically - I'll drop Milbase, get out early, and camp the good bridge exit and see 0 people as blue circle closes, consistently. Just poo poo like that, every time I post up in a spot that's like "okay the plane was there, this is a good path to the new circle and I know there were just a dozen people in South George who will be coming around this mountain to get South" I see gently caress all.

The former situation is difficult to gauge as it varies wildly per situation (post some footage and I'm sure you'll get some good insight!) but camping the bridge isn't necessarily a great way to ambush, particularly in solos. The primary reason for that is that, in solos, those who survive the military base are generally stocked up on meds to the point where they don't need to (and in fact should not) cross the bridge before or as the circle closes, as campers will still be there. Are you leaving as the circle closes in, or are you staying put? The latter feels lovely to have to do - and it's a gamble you really shouldn't take - but I for one do make a point of crossing the bridge extra late if I dropped military base and need to head north.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
That's a fair point. I've both left early and stayed, and now that I think about it I tend to catch more fish when I stay, if I can afford to. On the new map I hellcamped the bridge North out of the island because I knew it was literally the only available option for the survivors of that area and caught someone coming late because I decided to be stubborn about leaving and waited around and blew some meds to hunker down for a bit.

I'll look into something for recording cause I'd love the feedback. I think my issue in the ambush I was talking about was that I got over eager for the kill and spoiled the surprise when I could have just hung out and waited for a better play. I've never been terribly good at being sneaky in basically anything, video games or IRL.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Honestly guys we play between 8-12pm most nights, AEST (GMT+10). You're both welcome to play with us anytime and get a feel for it yourself. We also play during the day on the weekends which might suit you better.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

repiv posted:

I'm dying

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015

abigserve posted:

"Video evidence" from your perspective only is what anecdotal means. Regardless of the way you tell us the story (ms paint pics, interpretive dance, song) it's still anecdotal because it's based on the way you perceived the event. Like I said, I'm not seeing hackers every game, but that's also anecdotal because maybe they are getting taken out before I see them or I'm killing them.

Maybe it has something to do with ranking, as you say you got quite highly placed, but that lends even more credibility to the others here saying that some of those vids just show you getting bested by other really good players. Watching you hose the staircase was pretty funny though :v:

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Slim Mat posted:

"Video evidence" from your perspective only is what anecdotal means. Regardless of the way you tell us the story (ms paint pics, interpretive dance, song) it's still anecdotal because it's based on the way you perceived the event. Like I said, I'm not seeing hackers every game, but that's also anecdotal because maybe they are getting taken out before I see them or I'm killing them.

Maybe it has something to do with ranking, as you say you got quite highly placed, but that lends even more credibility to the others here saying that some of those vids just show you getting bested by other really good players. Watching you hose the staircase was pretty funny though :v:

Well last season we hit 500 (https://pubgtracker.com/profile/pc/Spaghett69/duo?region=oc&season=2017-pre5), though our top ranked player was 250~ or something I think. Hackers were so much rarer it wasn't really a big deal. I think I've got like two clips of it and that's just because it was so obvious it was actually funny.

Then the Chinese server thing happened, and now we're playing with a ton of people with Asian names, and the hacking is through the roof. If you're playing on OC and not seeing them I've gotta assume you're either so far back that they've jumped you and you're not matching against them, or you're not living long enough in the games to see em.

I'm serious: play with us sometime, this really isn't anecdotal it's a loving epidemic. I've fought the number 1 duos, and number 1 squad player in direct combat twice and we died both times - neither was suss at all, they were just really good. There is a huge, extremely obvious difference between being killed by someone who is hacking and someone who is simply good.

(also I hosed the wall on the off chance of daflicodariss when he came around the corner or to delay them long enough for the koooobe to land)

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

abigserve posted:

Well last season we hit 500 (https://pubgtracker.com/profile/pc/Spaghett69/duo?region=oc&season=2017-pre5), though our top ranked player was 250~ or something I think. Hackers were so much rarer it wasn't really a big deal. I think I've got like two clips of it and that's just because it was so obvious it was actually funny.

Then the Chinese server thing happened, and now we're playing with a ton of people with Asian names, and the hacking is through the roof. If you're playing on OC and not seeing them I've gotta assume you're either so far back that they've jumped you and you're not matching against them, or you're not living long enough in the games to see em.

I'm serious: play with us sometime, this really isn't anecdotal it's a loving epidemic. I've fought the number 1 duos, and number 1 squad player in direct combat twice and we died both times - neither was suss at all, they were just really good. There is a huge, extremely obvious difference between being killed by someone who is hacking and someone who is simply good.

(also I hosed the wall on the off chance of daflicodariss when he came around the corner or to delay them long enough for the koooobe to land)

No one's cheating, they fixed cheating.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202817526

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

No one's cheating, they fixed cheating.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202817526

bro dude look man he could easily see you third person peeking and he put you down fair and square

whether or not he was midair and spinning at the time, that's up for debate, we may never know

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

abigserve posted:

bro dude look man he could easily see you third person peeking and he put you down fair and square

whether or not he was midair and spinning at the time, that's up for debate, we may never know

Eh, I mean you can really only justify complaining about the obvious ones, like this, where he puts your whole team down with headshots during one leap. Saying someone is wallhacking or using ESP but not aimbot is a little absurd. It's impossible to know if they saw you a while ago and stalked you for a bit, or even just heard you, since footsteps are audible out to 44m and can pretty much pinpoint you. I mean, there was an AUS goon in the BF1 thread who complained non-stop about cheaters, and would go in and record them in spectator mode and post videos in the thread. But it didn't really accomplish anything.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

VulgarandStupid posted:

, since footsteps are audible out to 44m

Very interested in this. Is there a chart or something that lays out what types of sounds are audible from which distances? I feel like I’m way too conservative in my stalking because I never know if my target can hear me or not. It’d be nice to have a more accurate idea of how close I can get

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

Eh, I mean you can really only justify complaining about the obvious ones, like this, where he puts your whole team down with headshots during one leap. Saying someone is wallhacking or using ESP but not aimbot is a little absurd. It's impossible to know if they saw you a while ago and stalked you for a bit, or even just heard you, since footsteps are audible out to 44m and can pretty much pinpoint you. I mean, there was an AUS goon in the BF1 thread who complained non-stop about cheaters, and would go in and record them in spectator mode and post videos in the thread. But it didn't really accomplish anything.

I wouldn't be whingin like a stuck pig like I am if the game was still fine to play and you would occasionally run into one, aka how it's been basically up until the last stats reset. But it isn't like that anymore, it's really, truly, game-breaking-ly bad right now on OC.

Also with walls there's a difference between "he knows I'm in the room" and "I can see his gun following my head while I'm totally out of sight".

If you're on discord tonight I'll hit you up for some games.

Also lol they didn't release, or have any plans to release, australian servers for the xbox version

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Just play fpp if tpp is that bad?

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

My friend and I were on the 2nd floor of a house with him watching the stairs up. I was in a side room on my own, when suddenly a gentleman with a Chinese name appeared in the room with me and killed me. We try to give benefit of the doubt for some questionable kills, but when you're consistently being one-shotted by someone with a micro-uzi or ak at 100-ish meters, it starts to make the game un-fun.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
I just got a steam update and there was something about preloading renderers - now the game launches right in without that 4-5 second of black and footsteps and gunfire.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

repiv posted:

drat that reminds of a Dreamcast ports

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Just play fpp if tpp is that bad?

3 games, OC FPP:

0 sweet hacker bois

ashes to ashes dust to dust, so long 3pp you're dead to us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

abigserve posted:

3 games, OC FPP:

0 sweet hacker bois

ashes to ashes dust to dust, so long 3pp you're dead to us

0 hackers because we don't have fpp servers right? Unless something changed in the last week

• Locked thread