Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

KingKapalone posted:

Should I hang on to Butker or Elliot as a Kicker from a matchup perspective? I think Butker is good this week, but next week Elliot plays Oakland which has given up the most K points.

I dropped Elliot for Coon in one league and Elliot for Butker in another.

Don’t trust him now without Wentz to move the ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Spoeank posted:

I saw it in the app in the matchup page. They sent out a whole email though

Thanks

Alfalfa posted:

Our last place regular season “winner” is deemed shot/drink bitch and has to basically wait on everyone else next draft. If at a house they make, deliver, and clean up all alcoholic drinks.

If done at a bar, they have to either take over for the waitress in terms of delivering and cleaning up after us.

This is what my bar league does

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Asema posted:

Matt Ryan, Blake Bortles, or Alex Smith this weekend?

I'm tired of Ryan giving me absolutely nothing

Come Bortle with us.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

KingKapalone posted:

Should I hang on to Butker or Elliot as a Kicker from a matchup perspective? I think Butker is good this week, but next week Elliot plays Oakland which has given up the most K points.

I would keep riding Elliot, Foles should be able to at least get them in FG range with regularity, right?

Alfalfa posted:

Dammit you're way better at fantasy than me so now I'm doubting myself hard.

EDIT: The Eagles are playing the Giants, so I'm ok with Elliot this week.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 13, 2017

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Thanks, it's probably not super important since they're just kickers but the unknown of Foles should be concern enough to sway me to Butker.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spoeank posted:

Yahoo now has seemingly arbitrary 1-1000 manager rankings.

920 over here :smug:

come at me please do not come at me

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

If Tucker is available he has a great schedule the next two games.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

IcePhoenix posted:

come at me please do not come at me

Welp I'll let sataere and drunk nerds know you're taking my spot

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
For these new ratings, go to any league and hit "my team"
It'll be there at the top. IT's the same no matter what league.

Who has the most wins? I have 247, but I've been on Yahoo for 17 years so it's not that impressive

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

Who has the most wins? I have 247, but I've been on Yahoo for 17 years so it's not that impressive

244 here.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't know how you guys use the Yahoo interface. It sickened me to play in that yahoo league once.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Diqnol posted:

I don't know how you guys use the Yahoo interface. It sickened me to play in that yahoo league once.

For football I vastly prefer Yahoo.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah Yahoo is great.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The yahoo stats that make up your ranking only go back to 2009

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
We ban the teams out of the playoffs from making moves and if they do it, the commissioner will just flip it back.

Play all the consolation games you want with whatever roster you had, but you aren't affecting the teams in the playoffs playing for $$. Between 3 leagues 7 moves have been flipped back if the rosters can't be locked from add/drops.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Yeah, I generally like Yahoo. Not my favorite draft, but autosaving lineup changes is real nice.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I think you have to manually lock teams on Yahoo from making moves even if you have "lock eliminated teams" checked, because it still allows the consolation bracket to make moves. It's annoying.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Yahoo is ugly, poorly designed (though frankly that's a 'feature' of all fantasy leagues) and incredibly slow due to the terrible ads they run.

My computer regularly crashes when I spend a reasonable amount of time on my yahoo leagues. I have no issues anywhere else.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Zauper posted:

Yahoo is ugly, poorly designed (though frankly that's a 'feature' of all fantasy leagues) and incredibly slow due to the terrible ads they run.

My computer regularly crashes when I spend a reasonable amount of time on my yahoo leagues. I have no issues anywhere else.

Look at this loser not running an ad blocker.

But for real I think ESPN is the far uglier, worse designed one.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Fat Lowtax posted:

This bugs me out every time I remember it: why are teams in the Yahoo "consolation bracket" allowed to make roster moves that might affect the playoffs? I can't make any money for finishing 5th place in this pub league, so why let me play, I lost.

ESPN leagues here, but my two leagues allow it because there is a "Sacko" trophy and will be punishments (we have to meet to discuss those). But they can't make waiver claims. They have to wait until waivers process or the LM drops the players they attempt to pick up. Haven't had any issues last week or today.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Can we all at least agree that NFL.com designers should be bludgeoned with stale French bread

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Suave Fedora posted:

Can we all at least agree that NFL.com designers should be bludgeoned with stale French bread

That's abusing the stale French bread.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

This is my first year using ESPN and it is an awful experience. The app has no redeeming features. The website is garbage too.

I've only used Yahoo and ESPN and neither are very good but I prefer Yahoo.

I think I read that Sleeperbot hosts leagues so I may look into that next year if I run another league next year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yahoo! design is like that quote about democracy being the worst form of government except all the others

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

They all have their cons.

None have their pros, but all have their cons.

It took me 2 seasons of playing on Yahoo after not doing anything since 2006 on it to figure out how to find everything on the app.

My BML is looking to move from ESPN next season and I’m pushing for MFL.

Anyone actually use sleeperbot for a league

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If you started with Yahoo, you hate ESPN (because it's wildly different and you're lost trying to do anything). If you started with ESPN, you hate Yahoo (for exactly the same reasons). This is how people always react with obtuse, horrible user interfaces: it's the root of the ancient vi vs. emacs debate, for example.

All fantasy football websites have horrifyingly terrible user interface designs. I'd say that's a huge business opportunity, except I don't think hosting fantasy football leagues is a money-making proposition... even MFL which charges for leagues probably doesn't make much, and oh by the way, it's UI is mind-bogglingly bad, especially when setting up nonstandard leagues (which is the only reason to use MFL in the first place).

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Leperflesh posted:

If you started with Yahoo, you hate ESPN (because it's wildly different and you're lost trying to do anything). If you started with ESPN, you hate Yahoo (for exactly the same reasons). This is how people always react with obtuse, horrible user interfaces: it's the root of the ancient vi vs. emacs debate, for example.

I actually started on ESPN and pretty much made every one of my leagues switch to Yahoo after I used it for a work league. I actually prefer ESPN for baseball though.

Yahoo has a better draft interface than ESPN in both sports, though. ESPN's whole interface feels very dated now.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

All fantasy football websites have horrifyingly terrible user interface designs. I'd say that's a huge business opportunity, except I don't think hosting fantasy football leagues is a money-making proposition... even MFL which charges for leagues probably doesn't make much, and oh by the way, it's UI is mind-bogglingly bad, especially when setting up nonstandard leagues (which is the only reason to use MFL in the first place).

I started on NFL.com in 2003 so actually they are all so amazing and glorious!!!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I got an angry correspondence from Mike Davis' mom. As is site policy for all people who are extremely disgruntled, I asked her to write the Week 15 injury report. I'm not sure she understood the job but the only thing I full-rear end is drinking so... eso si que es

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 14, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

I got an angry correspondence from Mike Davis' mom. As is policy for all people who are extremely disgruntled, I asked her to write the Week 15 injury report. I'm not sure she understood the job but the only thing I full-rear end is drinking so... eso si que es

Mike Davis’s mom only wrote it hoping to score a gig with Campbell’s.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Leperflesh posted:

I started with Yahoo, then used both for a while. Now I use ESPN exclusively and hate Yahoo. :shrug:

e: Also use emacs but haven't tried vi more than a couple times.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

figures a filthy emacs user would say something like that

i bet you use spaces in your code instead of tabs, too

I'm just kidding if I used either of them I'd be using emacs, I don't code, and I prefer ESPN to Yahoo, marginally

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I like Yahoo's app but their desktop site is a nightmare. Like they keep adding stuff but never remove anything or update stuff that was implemented years ago

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Poque posted:

successfully snagged Bortles even though ESPN waivers don't reset once the playoffs start (we play weekly reset like idiots) :toot:

Chalky McGrath will do you well. ALL ABOARD.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I have the Chargers D but ATL, DET, and ARI are available. I don't think rolling with the chargers this week seem like a good idea, maybe lions at home?

I also have AJ Green and don't know what to do. He is clearly a DSYS and the only people I have to replace him are Dede Westbrook and Corey Coleman. So ugh to that I guess.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

decypher posted:

Chalky McGrath will do you well. ALL ABOARD.

I don't know what that means

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

on the bored wop posted:

e: Also use emacs but haven't tried vi more than a couple times.

Holy poo poo

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Poque posted:

I don't know what that means

You've got a ticket on the Bort train. You've got a ticket to ride. Chalky McGrath is Blake Bortles alter ego, obviously. He's always doing cocaine and strippers. And he's going to win a Super Bowl.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Why does it seem like people are talking up Derrick Henry this week? I keep looking for a Murray injury update.

Sure the matchup against the 49ers is great, and I'd love to trust him in it, but that seems way too risky for the semi finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Tyree posted:

I have the Chargers D but ATL, DET, and ARI are available. I don't think rolling with the chargers this week seem like a good idea, maybe lions at home?

I also have AJ Green and don't know what to do. He is clearly a DSYS and the only people I have to replace him are Dede Westbrook and Corey Coleman. So ugh to that I guess.

Maybe ARI but this is garbo all around.

Marvin Jones Jr. showed that Xavier Rhodes is beatable, AJ is a fine play.

• Locked thread